Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

*** Yesterday, Nov 8th, the 43rd Blue Dragon Film Awards unveiled the list of final candidates for the major awards. Nominees for “Best Supporting Actor” was also announced. The nominees for the “Best Supporting Actor” are Ko Kyung Pyo (Decision to Leave), Daniel Henney (Confidential Assignment 2: International), Park Ji Hwan (The Roundup), Byun Yo Han (Hansan: Rising Dragon), and Im Si Wan (Emergency Declaration).  The 43rd Blue Dragon Film Awards will be held at KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul, on Nov 25th. KBS will broadcast the event live.  :kaching1:

43rd blue dragon film awards

source https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/804523

*** Summer Strike” has revealed two beautiful main posters! The first poster shows Lee Yeo Reum and Ahn Dae Bum taking a break without doing anything. In another poster, the warm and peaceful atmosphere between them, Yeo Reum is falling asleep while reading a book whereas Dae Bum is smiling at her. “Summer Strike” will premiere on November 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.   :cutekitty:

Summer-Strike-2.jpg

Summer-Strike-1.jpg

source https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000650819

*** Many A-list celebrities have come to support their friends at the 'Ditto' premiere. One of them who attended was Bogum. TODAY, November 9th, Yeo Jingoo sat down for an interview to talk about his movie. On the day before, November 8th, a VIP preview of the movie was held. Originally, a photo wall event for the VIP premiere was scheduled but was called off last week to show respect to the victims of the Itaewon crowd crush incident. During the interview, Yeo Jingoo revealed the names of his A-list acquaintances who have kindly come to the movie's premiere to support him. He revealed, "A lot of people came to the VIP preview yesterday. Ju Jihoon, SHINee's Minho who appeared with me recently on a variety show, fellow 'Link' actors, Im Siwan, Park Bogum, Kim Soohyun, and BTS' Jungkook also came."  'Ditto' will be

out on November 16th.  :cheers:

20221109_045153_600_siwan.jpeg

photo source : Gstarlive

*** Seolhyun appeared on MBC FM4U’s “Kim Shin-young’s Noon Song of Hope”, which aired yesterday, Nov 9th (Wed). She introduced and talked about the drama “I Don’t Want to Do Anything”.  When Kim Shin-young asked “How was it working with Im Si-wan in this drama?”, she replied, “Because he has a lot of experience, he guided me and we worked so well together. His ideas are very creative, so it was so much fun when he made suggestions and I tried doing them. It was fun to film scenes together like this.”    :cheers:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20221109142007391

*** The PD of “Summer Strike” has shared behind-the-scenes stories from filming! He shared his impression on working with ISW together with complimenting him. He said, “Im Siwan even came down to live in Gurye. He is a passionate person who does his best in everything. He is an actor who cares about not only his own role but the entire project with affection.”  “Summer Strike” premieres on November 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST and will be available on

Viki.  :popcornjackson:

summer-strike_still02.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=311&aid=0001523595

*** Jihyo of Twice will release a song for the soundtrack of "Summer Strike” on Monday evening, according to music production company for the show Onesta. "A Strange Day"will be available on various music streaming platforms from 6 p.m.   :piggie:

source : JoongAngDaily

*** Seolhyun and Im Siwan have discussed working with each other in “Summer Strike”! They are working together for the first time through this project. She shared, “I was so excited to hear about the casting of Im Siwan. I felt that he would take on the role of Ahn Dae Bum very well. While filming, he was very considerate of me, made me feel comfortable, and gave me a lot of unique and creative ideas, making each and every scene enjoyable.”  While he said, “Even before filming, I had a very good impression of her as many of my acting peers and producers who worked with Seolhyun in the past praised her a lot. In fact, when we started to work together, I could feel that she is person who is always bright and pure.” The new stills have their bright smiles.  It's contagious. “Summer Strike” will premiere on November 21 at 9:20 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.   :twerk2:

summer-strike_im-siwan.jpeg

0000580293_001_20221114094001470.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=312&aid=0000580293

Male celebrities who gave off boyish vibes even after enlisting in the mandatory military service

1668466281-untitled-1.jpg

In South Korea, most healthy and abled men must enlist in mandatory military service to protect their nation. Since 1957, South Korean males between the ages of 18 to 35 must perform their national service and enlist for 18-21 months.

Typically, men enlist in their early 20s, so they are still young men who go through conscription in Korea.

However, celebrities delay their conscription to continue with their activities in the entertainment industry for as long as possible. Therefore, male celebrities enlist in their late 20s or even at the age of 30.

Although they are older than their fellow soldiers, there are some male celebrities who continue to exude their boyish vibes. 

One netizen compiled photos of these male celebrities and shared the list in a popular online community.

Siwan

1668467236-image.png

1668467248-image.png

Spoiler

1668467256-image.png

1668467259-image.png

1668467264-image.png

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/11/male-celebrities-who-gave-off-boyish-vibes-even-after-enlisting-in-the-mandatory-military-service

Edited by ferily
Maximum of 3 images per post, please put any other images in spoiler tag. Thanks!

New movies are heading to Netflix… Why?

Even after the social distancing was lifted in April this year, some new movies are going straight to OTT (online video service) as theaters continue to stagnate.

Stolen Identity” (directed by Kim Tae Joon, invested and distributed by CJ ENM) also chose Netflix instead of theaters. CJ ENM said “It’s in the discussion stage”, but Netflix recently received a rating classification of 15+ from the Korea Media Rating Board. Based on the Japanese novel of the same name, “Stolen Identity” starring Im Si Wan and Chun Woo Hee finished filming in June last year. It is a thriller about an office worker whose daily life is threatened after losing her smartphone containing all personal information.

stolen identity

With the audience’s consumer sentiment shrinking, the release period of existing screening works through the secondary supplementary copyright market has also become shorter. In the case of this summer’s top box office hits “Hansan: Rising Dragon” and “Emergency Declaration“, they were released through OTT Coupang Play in September, a month after their release. In particular, these two works skipped IPTV and VOD services and unusually headed to OTT at the same time as their theater screening. A film official said, “There’s a pile of movies that haven’t been released in the past two years due to COVID-19. Release through OTT, including Netflix, is the best alternative plan.