[Drama 2015] Heart to Heart 하트 투 하트

jwand

Just a great ending to a great drama..happy for little sister & DS too..as for the family..well I won't say I won't forgive them, but I just won't think about them anymore..
What is love ? It's Cha Hong Do & Ko Yi Suk..I will forever think of them as living together in HD's warm & cozy home..then I will be happy..SO adorable..
AshidaManaMinnaNoHappyBirthday1.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally found the song i was looking for!!!! Its also but Tearliner!!! I cant believe it!!!

The title is 마음고생!!!!

You can get this song in:

http://downroad.net/mp3/album_info.php?artist=%ED%8B%B0%EC%96%B4%EB%9D%BC%EC%9D%B4%EB%84%88%28Tearliner%29&title=%EC%97%B4%EB%84%A4%20%EC%82%B4%20%EB%82%B4%20%EB%A7%88%EC%9D%8C%EC%9D%98%20%EB%AC%B8%20%28EP,%202.5%EC%A7%91%29&album_no=30236

Awesome ending. Love this drama for keeping our main characters lovable, adorable and exceptional from beginning to end. I've watched shows where the OTP suddenly do inexplicable things or behave out of character and I wind up despising them. I am glad that this drama finished the way I so wished for it to. 
I'd like to make a few special mentions that I thought made this finale stand out
 - failure to redeem the elders 
While Mom made an attempt to apologize to HD, Grumps couldn't manage a sincere one to HD. He even stated that if he had a chance to relive that time, he'd make the same choice. There is no sudden incredulous white-washing of sins or making the elders suddenly seem saintly for being gracious enough to say they are sorry so that everything is fine in kdrama land 
-HD doesn't forgive them She made up her mind that she doesn't have to forgive them and she made sure to tell Grumps that. There is no instant saintly behaviour from the heroine. She's mad and wants comeuppance. 
 -HD takes the sweetest revenge She goes for the true treasure - KYS. She stakes her claim on him and doesn't feel sorry for taking their son for her own. 
I love that KYS didn't abet in Grumps reprehensible plea to hide the truth from HD even knowing what kind of backlash their relationship would suffer. Disgusted by the lies and deeply horrified, he makes a beeline to HD and tells her the truth. All he can think of is that she is innocent and the price she and her Halmoni paid for his selfish family. He faces her squarely even though he feels guilty and sorry to her. 
He opens his heart to her even knowing that she is going to tear him into pieces out of rage. A price he is willing to pay so that she can vent those feelings of betrayal. He understands her because he himself is finding it imcomprehensible that his family members were capable of such lies and evil. He looked at them without illusions or excuses. I love that he is a man of honor. 
HD - what can I say? My heart broke for her as she hears the unbelievable truth from him. Suppressing her chaotic emotions, she asks him to leave. It's obvious that HD is furious and hurt at the same time as she tries to wrap her mind around the idea that his family made her a scapegoat. 
So much injustice and worse, her Halmoni died thinking that she had set the fire that killed IS. There is no correcting that misinformation. She is justified in her anger and confusion when she sees or talks to YS or his family members. Yet, she can't stay angry with YS. She works through it with him and finally when the storm passes, she knows exactly what she is entitled. 
The man who needs a woman like her to love him, who tells her intimate details so that she can fall asleep to the sound of his voice, who is deep down afraid that he is going to lose her yet unable to hold on to her because he knows he doesn't have the right. She claimed the best part of the Ko family and I applaud HD for it. YS deserves all the love she can give him and she deserves his love too. 
She understands Grumps motivation but she is not inclined to forgive him. Neither is she going to allow them to take anymore happiness from her. Bravo HD! 
The ending scene of YS taking HD for a stroll through a crowd is how I'd love to imagine them being for the rest of their lives. YS, full of loving support as HD takes a brave step forward in whatever she wants to try knowing that together they are invincible and there is nothing they can't overcome. 
I've enjoyed being on this thread immensely and I hope to see many of the people here on other threads as well. Kamsamnida for all your opinions, photos and videos. Hope we can get together and enjoy another great drama soon.

Guest hearttsui

hello all H2H

too late to start from beginning but just started and finished watching heart to heart

when a guy starts treating you expensive dinner and buying expensive wine it’s red sign all over “ppalgan-yo” flag all the way

Ko Yi Suk comes with the warning label he is a player, etc. and cutie same reasons that Cha Hong Do tries to deny her attraction towards him

instead more reason for CHD to be wary of KYS after sleeping together…each one started making excuses about their actions, attraction “slept with you because HD was heartbroken from DSJ” “side effects of CHD as YS medicine” “2 attracted people working closely sparks emotions”

there’s also the denial and preconceived ideals “YS is too good for HD” “HD not good enough for YS” “YS too cool for HD” “HD too old fashioned” just like us viewers we had preconceived standards (not my views but I’ve read from some viewers) “CKH is she right actress to play CHD” “JMC is he mature enough” “JMC is for this actress” “CKH is for this actor”

then attraction turned into love and before we know it each bare out their real emotions…I mean CHD and KYS’s heart to heart interactions overcomes all excuses, preconceived ideals, even misunderstandings

i hope this is also possible in life that each person should be more open and honest when it comes to love or misfortune like what happened to KYS family

heart to heart forever will live in our hearts :) :) cheesy but true :D 

gamsahabnida to director, writers, production to Choi Kang Hee (heart) to Chun Jung Myung (heart) for very good story, HD house, production, actors, actresses and one of the best Korean drama love story

CKH and CMJ looks so good together are they both single? sorry off topic but both seems to be so careful and too personal so better not to even start a fire with a lighter like abeoji

but wait don’t ckh and cjm really looks good together?? :D :D  before i start a fire okay it’s just me being delusional same as KYS’s reminder to CHD to think “ppalgan-yo!”

@bubu678 I will miss otp too

heart to heart sarang hae yo!  ckh and cmj more projects

thank you h2h soompiers! gomawo! :o)

@hearttsui Jungmyung is single, he broke up with his youngerr girlfriend last year, one week after k-media found them, maybe because k-netz talk bad about her.. http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/05/actor-chun-jung-myung-confirms-he-is.html and http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/05/chun-jung-myung-and-his-girlfriend.html
i dont know about choi kang hee.. joo won likes her right?
@jeonghyang OMG, you r so funny...............................................i love his Big Hand since 2010
last hug
B_goIy9UwAA5SWi.jpg:large
credit: twitter 

@klgirl I agree with you. The grandfather was insincere with CDH and I am glad that she knew it and didn't accept his fake apologies. His excuses sounded so lame, what bothered me the most, were his words, he would have done it again. This reveals that he saw nothing wrong in his actions accusing an innocent girl. Besides, he lied again when he told YS that he took care of the halmoni and CDH after that incident. No, he didn't take care of the two, since both disappeared and had to struggle emotionally and financially.Even the real culprit never visited CDH and apologized to the girl.  CDH was right: the grandfather only hurt YS making him feel guilty for many years and he had to take care of everybody. In this drama, all the children were victims: CDH, YS and even SR.  

Was a happy ending ever in doubt? :D
Overall it was a wonderful rom com, the first 12 episodes especially. It was, for the most part, exceptional in terms of writing and execution. 
Unfortunately, I think the melodrama at the tail end took away from what could have been a truly unique drama (in the vein of Yu Na's Street) because it didn't really belong. The histrionics and ridiculous amounts of deception were tonally wrong and diminished what had been a clever, witty and funny adult drama. It was jarring and frankly I didn't think it was really needed when the show would have been better off developing the budding quirky romances between all the other pairings. I think they certainly  could have done a lot more with SR and Frizzy.
The melodrama also, I think diminished the ending.., for me at least... It trivialized the magnitude of the event (both the brother's death and the way grandpa manipulated subsequent events to protect Dad) and then it was whitewashed by everyone's quick and muted repentance or tacit acceptance of the status quo. And then they all lived happily ever after. It was an obvious external contrivance meant to separate the OTP momentarily and so the execution of it was unconvincing.
I am really tired of parental excess in K dramas. It was perfected to an art form in Jang Bo Ri and recycled tediously for 50 episodes. But serves me right for getting onboard a makjang in the first place.It seems to be some kind of justification for doing terrible things to other people because family comes first. I don't know how that fits philosophically in K culture but it's disturbing to say the least.
The biggest highlight of the drama for me was CJM and he was perfect in this. It was as if the role was written for him or that he was born to play it. Aside from admiring his fashion sense and his wide array of jackets, I adored the way he played the different aspects of the character beautifully and charmingly. Watching him onscreen was almost enough for me to forgive the show all its sins.
It was fun interacting with everyone and I suppose I'll be seeing many of you in other parts of the forum in time to come. ;)

Okay -
I have to say it
Even so I´m still angry with the Grandfather - I like it that these Drama did not change every cruel or stupid character to the good. That is so much more like in real life. When he said to HD that he thought he would never see her again - in real he meant I hoped I should never see you again. Right?! This Man did so many Mistakes, The only thing I can let go for him is that he did not know that the real Culprit was his Son on the Day of the Fire but found out later.   He covered it up back than - but it would be good if he searched for the Grandmo to help her out - even in secret. But he did not get any Points for him. The Moment he found out about HD the Picture changed and his Way to handle the things from that Day on - thats why I´m really angry with him.

I was angry with the Mother too - but I changed my meaning about her. She lived in a Trauma and runs away from the truth. It was awful how she treated HD but she proves in the End - she know it - and she met HD to apologize. And more - she ask for not beeing angry with her Son. For taking care of her Son! In the End she saw that the Happiness from YS was more importend than her hanging on to the Past.

Even the Father - the real Culprit. Of course we can say now - he must be punished - but he is. He punished and cruzifyed his Soul all these Years. And he was it who speaks the truth at the End. Otherwise no one would have speak about it.

I needed the Subs to really be statisfied with the Ending. Because watching it RAW I could not understand why HD did not get angry with Grandfather. But - wow - she was so great.

YS helped her to come out to the World
and she will help him to come out of the Shadow of his Brother

I soo loved that line. Yes - even when he thougt she was the one causing the fire - he could not stop loving her. He could not blame a kid. (like his Family - really it is a mistery how he could become such a great man with that Family). I soo love the Character of YS. He is the same Man until the End like he was in the Beginning - but as soon as he found out about his Heart he is soo true to it - ready to fight against the World for her - with her. Even when his World broke down - he was able to find his way back to her. And when he knows the truth he came to her as soon as possible and told her honestly - even that puts him in an awful situation. He cares for her more - than for him and his Family. I loved that he told his Grandfather to stop talking about his Father but thinking what he have done to HD.

I suffered when I saw this Man - so strong and handsome (and he really is strong - he is a famous fighter) becoming an insecure Kid in front of HD. The Way he moved back from her after she told him she will not see him because than she will get angry. Or the Scene on the Couch - even after she told him that she love him - he must ask if she really can do that.

My Heart!
The Title for that Drama was perfect. It goes direct to my Heart! I wil miss it - or watch it again - and than miss it again.. There really seems to be a Change in KDramaWorld - And I would love it. The Couples became more natural and the Woman are not always so naiv and stupid. Now there is trust and the will to go on forward. I hope to see more from that.

Heart to Heart ended - thats sad! But I love it! And it leaved me again with a warm feeling inside my own Heart! Thanx to all these great Actors of course too!

Sad to see it finished but what a lovely ending. I know I came late to this drama but I enjoyed reading all your posts and thank you to all those who named and posted links to the music. I'll definitely be watching this again.

07xLXqj.gif          

@jeonghyang + @KatKat09
I have noticed CJM's large hands too earlier on the series, especially when he was cradling CKH's head or face.
The talk of large hands in the You're the best Lee Soon Shin soompi thread  a few years ago - led to lil bro'!!  - Also, since i was also watching KYS's fashion wear in this series - he wears clothes well - i noticed that his pants seems to be more fitted in the last few episodes.
I LOOOVE all the tender and playful moments between CHD + KYS and there were plentiful in the 16 episodes.    They are so CUTE together!

I love Heart to Heart and am so grateful to writer-nim and PD-nim for producing such an outstanding drama and our lovely crew especially Chun Jung Myung and Choi Kang Hee for their excellent portrayal of Yi Suk and Hong Do. They are the most natural OTP I have ever seen in K-drama. They communicate openly, telling each other their feelings and resolve their issues immediately instead of dragging them, are supportive of each other and simply show how much love and liking they have for each other. Superb!
That Grandpa-Hong Do confrontation - I love Hong Do for seeing through grandpa's insincerity and telling him so and for having the ultimate revenge: You lost your grandson to me. I am going to protect him from now on. Hurray!!!! @dfwkimchi, @dzareth_8651, @klgirl - I was nodding in full agreement when I read your comments on this scene. Cheers!
I am also happy for the beginning of a romance for Se Ro and Detective Jang; and Butler Ahn and Professor. I am still angry with mum and dad but for Yi Suk's sake, I am glad that they are moving on and will therefore not be an emotional burden on Yi Suk again.
Grandpa....is still as stubborn, so let's leave him to be managed by our dear powerful housekeeper. haha.
Final scene of HD and Yi Suk walking among the crowd, holding hands, smiling, supportive of each other....... so satisfying!
It is wonderful to enjoy this great drama with the many insightful/awesome/funny comments, gifs and videos from everyone here. Thank you!

Hi guys! I purposely avoid the thread because i didn't want to get spoiler for this one last episode, and now that I have watched it I'm super happy of everything in this final episode, it is so perfect i couldn't ask for a better ending.
Thank you Writer-nim, Director Lee and the cast for bringing one of finest and warmest Kdrama this year and possibly forever!

we're not done yet guys, let's forever celebrate our love for Heart to heart by re-watching and posting here (I don't think I will get bored anytime soon) 
:x :x :x

edit : dang, i was happy for like, 15 minutes, then realized that it really is the end. Then now i just want to sit in corner....

Guest dzareth_8651

Warning, long post ahead!

I don't want to part with this forum just yet. I still want to chat about this drama for at least a few more days. Heart to Heart, despite its flaws, ticked all the right boxes for me. It's funny, quirky, heartwarming, sympathetic and rewarding. It is perfect in its imperfectness.

It did in the end trivialized hyung's death, but IMO, after being such a painful turning point for our characters, that tragedy does not need any additional grandeur to put to rest. Goodbye has already been postponed for 23 years. I recall the scene when KYS was saving the suicidal girl - he couldn't give a huge reason why people should continue living, but absence of such reason does not mean we should die, for there are also the smaller things to enjoy in life. This ties up nicely with what HD's grandmother used to tell her about not being negligent about good or bad fate. Hyung's death was a huge loss which can never be undone, but hyung is not all there is to life. Time has already been wasted for 23 years. So lets not waste anymore. To put into perspective, that is equivalent to SR's lifetime.

I see the "whitewashing" part as the family's awkward effort make it up to HD. And to some extent, to YS and SR too. YS is all they have left (in terms of continuing the family line) and the responsible man that he is, YS is never going to break ties with his family no matter how shameful he is of their actions towards HD. But he also won't cover up for them, which I respect. Mom and dad acknowledged their misgivings, and having lost one son and almost losing the other, I do sympathize with their situation but at least they are no longer interfering with his romantic pursuit. YS and HD will come to them when they are ready, so only time will tell.

Gramps is indeed grumps until the end. He is without doubt the main villain of the drama - even mom and dad were like that due to gramps's doing. But his perspective is consistent with the older generation. For all his love for his family, gramps is a prideful old man. There is no way in hell that he'll apologize to HD and sincerely mean it. But I think he finally did look upon HD with pride in the end - not that he'll ever admit it of course haha... After all, gramps ironically did fell for Madam Oh, even tried to put a ring on her finger hah! =)) =))

KYS is indeed a gem in k-dramaland. He is a rich man with his own successful work/career. He cooks. He fights and bites haha... He talks about intimate stuff - with the right girl, of course! He's a filial son/grandson and a caring/protective brother. He's a self-assured, cocky bastard LOL and the list goes on. In the beginning, he was really intrusive that I doubt he understood the meaning of personal boundaries. But in the end provided all the space HD needed to come into terms with their situation. He became a listening ear, provided words of comfort, even encouraging her to avenge the situation if she feels like it! He interfered and backed off at the right moments, he didn't try to change HD's mind or influence her decision which I wish men in general will learn from. All this done at the risk of losing her. This attitude probably opened up HD's mind in the end as she took the sweetest revenge ever. If YS's family cannot appreciate the man that he is, then HD will lay claim on the Ko family treasure (both figuratively and er... uhm... cough::literally::cough ;;):D :x :P)

Wonderful as it is, H2H is unfortunately not spared from the stereotypical elements of a k-drama - childhood connection, family secrets, parental excess, social classes etc. But I'm happy with how the production dealt with those idiosyncrasies. For the most part, they are unlike previous k-dramas that I've watched.

For one, YS is a non-chaebol whose appearance exceeds all chaebols I've watched in k-drama (yep, I still can't get over the magnificent coats/jackets!). I guess having been the face of some high end  apparel brand makes a difference for CJM's wardrobe :x. YS is also a practicing psychiatrist/counselor which makes him a working class guy. At least he has a real job unlike most k-leads who seem to hold some kind of managerial position in some shady over the top organization.

I also appreciate (albeit regretfully LOL), the absence of a male shower scenes, despite the physiques of both CJM and LJY. That seemed like a quintessential scene is almost every k-drama but I'm glad it did not happen here. I'm glad that they gave the impression that our OTP are regular individuals and not conventionally beautiful people.

Then we have gramps whose fortune came from a bicycle company (instead of aforementioned shady over the top organization). We see him working on his bicycles in his spare time too. From the looks of the Ko family household, gramps is certainly not immune to luxury and lavishness, but is also not too stuck up that the butler and housekeeper (they have a butler and housekeeper!?) are on friendly terms with the whole family. I have a feeling that the Ko family home is a studio set, but it feels like a real outdoor set, to me at least.

We also have a strange quirky heroine, who swears like a sailor, watches porn, loves cooking and unable to lie. Seriously, not even a white lie! She either tells as it is or she doesn't say at all. Her frankness is endearing when compared with YS's smug, obnoxious and fishing-for-compliments attitude haha... :D

I've never watched CJM's work before and I seriously owe it to this forum for pointing me to the drama ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ . I began watching when the drama was at episode 3. To be perfectly honest after watching episode 1 and 2 (for the first time), I almost dropped the show. I couldn't really grasp the character KYS - I mean, what the hell is wrong with this guy? Instead of counseling others, I thought he needed to first find the missing screw on his head! But CJM stirred enough interest during the short driving scene after he caught his ex with another guy. That frightened face when he was reaching for the bottle in the glove compartment, the look when he was asking himself "am I a murderer?" and the panic before his suicide attempt. His expression drew me in. The odd thing was, the impression that I got from those short scenes were I'm not watching a man acting suicidal but I'm watching a man who is suicidal. No matter how good a drama/movie is, I rarely come across an actor/actress who managed to convince me he/she is the character instead of an actor acting the character (I think the last time I felt something similar was while watching Thor the Movie, when Loki was confronting Odin). But having recently watched his other works, H2H is where he shined best so far. CJM in this drama is a revelation!

I also noticed that there were a lot of significant moments happening in the car. Which made me appreciate CJM's acting more because when he is driving at leased he looked like he is driving while naturally conveying his lines. In many cases actors stare blankly as if they are not on the road. Here, at least there is an occasional look at the rear view and side mirror, a switch of the signal button... small details that makes a difference!

Of course, kudos also to CKH. While I couldn't make sense of KYS, I loved CHD instantly so I thought let's just watch a little bit more. I stayed until episode 3 because I can't get enough of quirky HD. It made me curious whether other actresses were considered before CKH signed on. I mean, CKH is older than perpetual boyish actor CJM (although the make up team did a good job converting the age difference). Even LJY at times looked older than CJM haha... CKH shined the most during the funnier/awkward CHD scenes. I loved her the most whenever she is in helmet-mode. It's a bit sad that we no longer get to see that in the later episodes :(

If episode 1 & 2 gave me an itch to scratch, episode 3 was hook, line and sinker. At the beginning, we see HD's desperation for YS to fix her, YS looking concerned and the music was nice. I thought aha... we're going to see kind side of the lead. But no! YS refuses to help her and continued being a jackass! WTH?? That has got to be the most egoistical bastard ever! But a few moments later we see both of them braving the cold on a motorcycle together haha... :D. The back and forth banter and tease eventually won we over and since then the ride has since been rewarding.

The melodramatic turn wasn't too surprising as we have been provided with hints. There was also news about the child actors that spoil things a bit. Damn... they're going with the childhood connection angle. This couldn't be good. Fortunately I was consoled by how the character KYS was written and CJM definitely gave a mighty fine, praise-worthy portrayal of a man confused and conflicted by the sudden events.

While H2H was unable to totally escape from stereotypical tendencies, I do give credits to its delivery of such circumstances. So at least for me, the drama feels like none other. To me it was a successful blend of heartwarming story-telling, subtle direction, detailed sets and exceptional acting, that collectively outweighs its weaknesses. Added to that are the wonderful accompanying music and cinematography that gave an indie feel to the drama experience. My final regret is that the drama was unable to gather a larger fanbase especially in native South Korea. What a shame!

My wish is to see more production that is as good as this, preferably with less typical storyline and characters. But until then, I'm satisfied that I achieve closure and I will always remember Heart to Heart with fond memories. :)

Just saw the subs from the scene of Sero and Mum in the airplane - i knew that Mum said something about allergy to the air stewardess but now the sub is out - i had LOL moment when Mum said that she is allergic to peanuts!!!
That was a humorous nod to the infamous 'nut-rage' gate  - good one PD!

Archived