[Drama 2015] Heart to Heart 하트 투 하트

jwand

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kimbap24

Raw

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2itx6j_%ED%95%98%ED%8A%B8%ED%88%AC%ED%95%98%ED%8A%B8-e15_lifestyle

Cr.jjen

@klgirl thank you for the translation.
I thought dad stood up and finally admitted the truth everyone wanted to hide or not believe. What a shame these adults blamed a 5(6) year old and allowed a 12 year old to assume guilt! Gramps, mom and dad need to seek therapy big time and atone for this. It was an accident but the fact that the elders either hid the truth or ignored it for so many years blaming others and causing the remaining two children to either feel guilt or miss out on a loving family relationship is a crime and they need to be talking to police. SMH.. a senseless act done in anger and the heat of the moment had lasting repercussions on the psyche of two children and the rest of the family.

The best things in this episode were YS finally going back to HD, I honestly did not know how much more these two could deal with being a part. DS and SR Love these two as well.. And DS being a friend and trying to help HD by bringing food and checking on her and his continued efforts to find the truth until he got his partner to see and finally YS to look and realize as well..

Recap of Ep 15

Opens with flashback.  Mom runs into the shed, chased by an angrily, shouting Dad.  She locks herself in, Dad breaks a window in his rage, screaming for her to come out or else, and lights his lighter menacingly.  He gets cut by a shard of glass, drops the lighter and never thinks twice about it but it lands on some rope and it burns.

The shed catches on fire instantly and he realises what was happening, he breaks down the doors and carries out Mom who has already fainted.  Finally, YS notices the fire and runs screaming for his hyung to get out but Dad stops him from running inside.  Once YS manages to tell his Dad that his brother was inside, its too late and the shed is an inferno.  Dad tries to run in and has to stop.  He holds on to his crying screaming son while they watch in horror as IS is burned to death.  In the distance, little HD is traumatized watching this horror, the match held unlit in her hand.

YS is watching over his Grumps health, taking his blood pressure.  Butler Ahn hands Grumps the packet of money that HD came back to return to the Chairman.  She knows Grumps intention but she couldn't accept the money.  She says she won't be meeting the person anymore. Grumps is concerned and has someone to watch over her.

HD has spiralled into a pitiful state - she doesn't leave her home, existing on whatever she can find in the house.  The landlady is back to banging on the door but she refuses to acknowledge her.  YS is consulting with patients again, carrying on with his life without much enthusiasm.  He hasn't been talking to his Professor who comes looking for him.  She wants him to open up to her and discuss things with her like he used to.  She gets him to talk, they are talking about forgiveness and his family.  To be happy, you need to be able to forgive.

Detective Jang comes by to HD home with groceries, she is laying in bed not moving as he tries to tell her to come get the things he bought and is leaving behind for her.  She sends him a text - please just go and don't do this again.  Detective Jang notices a strange man hanging around near her home and chases the suspicious person down.

Butler Ahn reports to Grumps that she isn't leaving her home and is apparently sick again.  Grumps is upset and wants her watched till she is back to herself again.  Mom tries bonding with SR who walks in tired after work.  She hands a hot cup of tea to her daughter who eyes it suspiciously.  SR is wary of the sudden show of interest in her - asks Mom if she was like this before she was sick.  Mom says she doesn't remember the time before, if she was like this.  SR asks her if she is happy now that YS broke up with HD.  Mom says I thought I would be but its not like that.  SR informs her Mom that after her work is done, she is going back to US - something about not liking being with her family. 

Detective Jang goes back at night to HD home - the bags of groceries are still outside her door.  He calls YS and says let's have a drink together. He goes to the hospital with a six pack in hand, YS asks him sarcastically - what is this? am I your friend?

They discuss things including the photo of the lighter but YS is in no mood to take it seriously.  Detective Jang tries to get YS to go to HD, nevermind what his family thinks. 

YS is in a taxi going home, he imagines HD in the window next to him- CHD are you doing okay? are you happy? - touching her imaginary red cheeks.  He goes home in time for SR to invite him to watch a movie with him.  She perks up to know that YS was with DS earlier that evening.  Protective Oppa warns her off the Detective once again.  They watch the show which turns out to be better than they thought - SR informs her brother that she is going back to the US to study, that being with family is not what she thought it would be and she doesn't like it. YS tries to dissuade her from leaving, realising that she is hurting.  He offers to let her move out and be independent and she is amazed that he's giving in now.  She behaves like the sweet sister she is.

HD wakes up middle of the night and says 'Its time to go" - she goes to the hospital, sits in his chair and starts to knit a red scarf/sweater?  She doesn't look like she is quite sane.  Housekeeper leads YS downstairs for breakfast, gives him soup to help him with his hangover, scolds him gently for getting drunk over a woman.  His father arrives for breakfast and sits with his son who apologizes to his father for what he's said and done.  Dad looks uncomfortable as his son takes responsibility for making everyone hurt.  YS leaves the table without taking a single bite of food as Dad looks on guiltily - why is this kid taking responsibility and saying he is sorry?  why this brat?

YS goes to the hospital and finds a pair of shears that she'd left behind.  Figures out that HD has been there late at night and looks troubled.  He calls Butler Ahn to the hospital.  He asks Butler Ahn about HD aware that she is being watched.  Butler Ahn says its only out of concern for her.  Why concerned?  has something happened to HD? YS knows that they are broken up but he is still concerned over her health.  Butler Ahn finally says that she has reverted to the way she was before. 

HD is scrounging in her bare cupboards for food - everything is rotting or empty around her.  She finds an egg in her fridge and eats it with some kimchi,  SR drops by and tries to see HD who makes no motion to let her in.  She informs Eonnie that her brother is doing well, not to worry and for Eonnie to do well too.  She informs her that she is leaving for the States and has left her a final gift.

Detective Jang and Detective Pangu have a moment together - DS is staring at the photo of the lighter but its Detective Pangu who notices that there is an inscription on it - its a K - he exclaims KO YI SUK but DS is texted to meet up with SR.  He leaves his partner talking to himself YET AGAIN and SR is waiting for him.  She is cute and forlorn, letting him know that she is leaving for the States.  Cuteness overload. 

HD is like a sleepwalker, oblivious to the world around her as she goes to the hospital by rote.  She ignores everyone and everything around her, unaware that she is being shadowed.  Butler Ahn is informed that she just left the house, he tells Grumps who asks that until she gets home to make sure she is safe.  Asks after YS who still hasn't come home.  Dad comes in and breaks down in front of Grumps, assailed by waves of guilt yet again because of YS's apology to him that morning.  Grumps convinces him to maintain his silence, that they are protecting YS and Mom from the truth for a good reason.  Dad cries out in distress.

HD is thinking of YS - where are you YS? Have you eaten? To wait for his favorite something or rather that she is making.  She walks into the consulting room, repeats everything in the same order from the previous night except there is one difference.  YS is sitting there in the dark, upset at the sight of her.  He tries to talk to her but she is not responsive, lost in her own world where everything is fine.  YS is frantic with worry, unable to watch HD's mental breakdown, afraid for her health.  Tries again to get her attention - reminds her that they promised to live well, please come to your senses.  HD talks to herself, wondering if he would like the color.  She continues knitting as YS falls apart emotionally as the reality of HD's deteriorating mind punches him in the gut.

He follows her outside as she makes the return trek to her home, musing proudly that she is doing well in public and crowds now.  She halts, shocked by the sight of a fire burning in a steel drum.  She freaks out, seems to snap out of her sleepwalker state and runs away.  YS watches this and follows her.  She stops outside her home, hearing his voice saying his favorite things to her.  She gets inside and finally sees things the way they really are around her while YS stands outside worried over her.  She talks to herself - how long can you do this? until you die? come back to your senses!  Talks to her grandmother, starts pulling apart the scarf/sweater that she's making him.  She seems angry at herself and at everything.

Professor finds YS sitting in dejection on the steps in front of the hospital, he is anxious, panicked at the state of HD's mental health, begs her to save HD, to help her.  He is crying tears as he tells her that she is sick, not doing well - Professor tries to reassure him that she will help and do her best.

He goes home, nearly lifeless, barely moving his feet and hardly acknowledges the people he passes.  He goes to Grumps, collapses to his knees much to his Grump's alarm.  He tells him that he can't breathe, that he's dying, he's so sorry.  SR and Butler Ahn overhear his pitiful confession of so much pain.  SR goes in search of DS, hoping he will help her find HD because her brother is in so much pain, that she's afraid he will die and that he needs HD to go to him.  At first reluctant, DS goes with her to find HD.

In his bedroom, YS makes a phone call to HD, who is cleaning up her room.  She ignores his call and continues with housework.  When he can't reach her, YS makes a conscious decision and leaves.  He goes to HD's home and tries to get her to let him in - she is laying on her dining table ignoring him and reminding herself that they cant be together.

YS lets himself in and finds her in that state, worried but she seemed to have a panic attack and tries to run away, saying its not possible, to go away, to leave her but he hugs tightly and tells her that he missed her so much, that it was his fault and it won't happen again.  She sobs heart-brokenly in his arms - don't cry, HD.  He hugs her and comforts her - finally able to breathe freely again.

SR gets there in time to see her brother's car parked near HD's home - she is relieved and tries to leave but DS says he'll take her home now.  They have a discussion of YS and HD.  She falls asleep in his car and DS is funny, doing whatever he can to keep her sleeping peacefully.  Sweetheart that he is.

Back in HD's home, YS is making a fuss over the condition of her kitchen and unwashed dishes - he's holding his nose from the stench and good-naturedly complains about the bare state of her larder.  Makes her a cup of coffee and tries to cheer her up.  He is so happy just to be around his HD who is bent on being serious tho.  He tells her that he couldn't do it - being without her and neither could she be without him.  That he couldn't breathe and missed her to death.  He is cajoling her to eat and go out again - points to the half-unravelled knitted sweater and asks her to finish it for him.  He is so sweet and gently teases HD.

SR and DS say their final goodbyes to each other at the gate of her home.  SR is as sweet as her brother as she talks to DS.  DS is showing signs that he is smitten with her after all as he says "What's with me?" when she leaves.

He goes back to the police station where Detective Pangu enlightens DS about the lighter - that it belongs to one of the elders in the family and tells DS to confront them about it.  DS takes the photo back to YS and passes it to him - this time, YS is listening to him and he takes it to the family to ask them about it.

It is breakfast time and Housekeeper is dishing the meal up while Dad sits at the table.  YS walks in and Grumps is being led to the table by Butler Ahn, he asks for his Grumps cane and looks at the inscription of K on it. He matches it to the lighter and then accuses Grumps that the lighter in the photo belongs to him  Grumps is impatient and says yes its mine but YS is not deterred.  He keeps going after Grumps, asking questions like why was the lighter in the warehouse?

Dad finally speaks up, unable to hide the truth anymore.  He admits to his guilt and lets everything out in the open.  Everything is in chaos- Mom overhears Dad's confession. He apologizes to YS but Mom has a fit of denial and collapses to the floor screaming it.  Dad asks 'Did you know about this?"

YS looks on incredulously.

All I can say is - I cried buckets when YS sees HD for the first time at the hospital and realizes that she's having a breakdown.  His fear, panic and sorrow - it just got to me.  OMG

And I did get it right somewhat after all about the fight spilling over to the shed.  Sigh. 

That was kinda disturbing. conflicted even.

There's no way that the Mom did not see her husband holding up that lighter and then dropping it, cause she was still conscious some minutes before that doing a shouting match with him.

If that is the case WHY did she kept on blaming that little girl all her life?

what is her excuse? insanity? post-traumatic disorder? i cannot comprehend.

:-L

And with the father's admission, there will be legal, criminal sanction, case against him then?

My heart hurt for HD, she returned the money, no job, no income, not eating properly.

That was upsetting, HD had a breakdown ? she could not even tell if the presence of YS is real or not? the pain is making her block him from her mind? this is really sad because her initial healing & recovery was finally happening. Even after being consoled by YS clearly she is still in a daze like a major relapse, as she definitely needs renewed counselling again to recover & discard her fears.

:(

@berny
My heart and head were super stressed for Hong Do!stress-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286252
My heart hurts from her breakdown ...My head hurts from counting on how many days she didn't change her clothes and didn't even take a shower. I lost counts!
HD: Please Don't come near to me... Don't touch me... You're touching my (.)(.)Not now! I didn't take a shower!
Fr5A7W.gif

YS: It's alright! It doesn't matter to me. You still smells good! I'll give you a shower later!Let's shower together... Okay?v9DMA2.gif

* cue music *
It's the Power of Love!HjZTys.gif

@berny‌

To me also that fire scene was not making sense. So how mom did not hear his son asking for help? Or by that time he was already unconscious due to lack of oxygen or what?

Overal that scene had lots of flaws in it. But I guess that is not what we need to focus!

I am eagerly waiting for the second or better say third bed scene!

:-\"

@ParvinT

Agreed - that scene has a lot of holes a truck could drive through it. I'm just going to let it go and like you, concentrate on our lovebirds.  Their scenes together are flawless, gut-wrenching at times but always so true to who they are as individuals and as a couple.  I love that the writer shows that though on the surface YS was carrying on better than HD, that facade crumbled quickly in the face of HD's suffering.  CJM and CKH owned this episode - CJM more so in my opinion.

berny

said: That was kinda disturbing. conflicted even. There's no way that the Mom did not see her husband holding up that lighter and then dropping it, cause she was still conscious some minutes before that doing a shouting match with him.  

Archived