Add and Subtract Game

Admin

3 minutes ago, agenth said:

i was watching a bit men's cross country bike, and man that gold guy just caught up in the most unexpecting way, literally 10 seconds before finish... whoa

Sounds thrilling though!

I'm watching men's gymnastics now. Is it just me or do all of the competitors look short and smol?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Alright peeps, found another scandal. So apparently the Canadian women's soccer team spied on the competing team using drones....

Drone-spying scandal: Canada challenges 6-points deduction by FIFA at Paris Olympics court

https://apnews.com/article/2024-paris-olympics-canada-drone-appeal-cas-029e8ebd7528ede169bd08926eae85e5

I mean really? Spying on New Zealand using drones?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

I mean really? Spying on New Zealand using drones?

i thought they spied on several teams :D

not that that makes it any better.,.. 

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Sounds thrilling though!

yeah i thought it was unfair, but turns out, it's not breaking any rules, and in fact he was even "leading the line" - poor guy got booed by the French crowd.

I understand though, since for novices / non experts, it kinda looked cruel (if they saw how it happened)

+2

• Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, agenth said:

i thought they spied on several teams :D

Home Alone Faint GIF by Disney+

5 minutes ago, agenth said:

I understand though, since for novices / non experts, it kinda looked cruel (if they saw how it happened)

I saw this Spanish lady who was supposed to finish third slow down while she was coming to the finish line - to raise her Spanish flag - only to be overtaken by the person in 4th place :D

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

Gave literal meaning to: "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"

• LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

:heart4:

Tom Daley's family are in the crowd, and his eldest son's t-shirt has "That's my papa" on the back - adorable.😍😎

cto

====

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

I saw this Spanish lady who was supposed to finish third slow down while she was coming to the finish line - to raise her Spanish flag - only to be overtaken by the person in 4th place :D

wait what??? what competition was that? i didn't catch that...

+2

• LOL 5

9 minutes ago, agenth said:

wait what??? what competition was that? i didn't catch that...

No this was from earlier this year - not the Olympics. :D

Btw as much as I love gymnastics, I do love how graceful and elegant they were in the 1970s and 1980s. For me they were just a bit better than today....

Look at this compulsory floor exercise from the 1988 Olympics where @larus's Romanian gymnast Daniela Silvas just literally FLOATS in the air. Amazing!

You can disregard the commentary in German if you're not @agenth @Dhakra (even though I do find it quite interesting) - the video does have subtitles.

They just don't make gymnasts like this anymore. :bawling:

Guyz, please stop @agenth and me. I think we're a bit too obsessed with the Olympics.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@WeunXK You don't understand.... :D @agenth and I watched the Olympics for like 12+ hours yesterday - on two screens (TV + computer streaming) - while chatting - so that we could maximize the amount of sports we could watch....

:sweats:

And then we were complaining last night about the fact that we actually had to go to work today and miss all the competitions until the evening....

Actual footage of @agenth:

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Actual footage of @partyon:

Season 2 Fairfax GIF by Amazon Prime Video

SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

please-liz-lemon.gif

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

@WeunXK You don't understand.... :D @agenth and I watched the Olympics for like 12+ hours yesterday - on two screens (TV + computer streaming) - while chatting - so that we could maximize the amount of sports we could watch....

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

Kim Kardashian Omg GIF by HULU

====

Easily the most beautiful Olympic venue ever.

===

she pretty
@realmanubhaker for clinching the bronze medal in shooting at the Paris Olympics! You’ve made history by becoming the first Indian woman shooter to win an Olympic medal.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, WeunXK said:

can you translate pls.😇

I'm debating whether I'll watch the episode first or not before I tell/confirm what Ken Murase meant in his X post. 😆

I'll give you a little spoiler though from the Ep03 of Ani To No Hajimari, the short spin-offs through Yamato's perspective, what happened in that dinner when Natsu tells them WITHOUT PREAMBLE as soon as they sat down to have food - THEY THREE LITERALLY FROZE. 😂

Hibachi-Recipe.jpg

ctto

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

@larus What's up with Nadia Comaneci nowadays?

Still in awe of the first perfect 10 ever in the 1976 Olympics. She is unrivaled in talent and grace :glasses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_5xbd5xdE

Men's gymnastics finals are very thrilling at the moment.

Happy Nikki Glaser GIF by ABC Network

EDIT: Japan won. Congrats! :kiss_wink: Glad that the US got the bronze medal - they hadn't received a medal since 2008.

EDIT2: YA! Men's Beach Volley starting now. Let's see if the abs selection is a bit better today. I was not impressed by yesterday's selection... :unamused:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Guyz, please stop @agenth and me. I think we're a bit too obsessed with the Olympics.

but olympics has...

ceccon_2_afp.jpeg

(he actually looks better in motion)

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1

@WeunXK just finished watching, and about that teaser post of Producer Ken Murase, 

"Here are some off-shots I took behind the set. I got some great expressions that could only come from a surprise. I recommend the scene in tonight's episode 5 where Natsu and Yayoi are ︎. You can see the most wonderful couple. Tonight at 9pm." 【W/ the aid of DeepL】

Natsu was practicing braiding hair with Yayoi, so that he'd know how to fix Umi's.

Uhm, you've gotta see that scene, when there were a couple seconds that I can only describe as "that look" through the mirror when their eyes met.

There was definitely some smoulder there, and mutual adoration with each other when she playfully smacked his hand upon learning that he didn't tell his family yet about Umi.

Meme and Kasumi had got it down pat the eye speak. Really, this scene can serve as a demo.

Spoiler

Honestly, I thought there'll be a peck or two, and it would be normal for this very light-hearted hair braiding scene,  but there's none. Thinking about it again, the lack of it didn't make the scene lesser.

The atmosphere was certainly there for few seconds, but it was so skillfully diffused as Natsu tried to braid Yayoi's hair again, while she tells him how bad her family dynamics was. 

And... just as well that there weren't any of the expected kissing, since Meme is getting plenty of online hate from the supporters of King and Prince's  Nagase, another Starto talent, rumoured to be the boyfriend of Kasumi. 😑 

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

On 7/29/2024 at 11:00 AM, MayanEcho said:

@WeunXK just finished watching, and about that teaser post of Producer Ken Murase, 

"Here are some off-shots I took behind the set. I got some great expressions that could only come from a surprise. I recommend the scene in tonight's episode 5 where Natsu and Yayoi are ︎. You can see the most wonderful couple. Tonight at 9pm." 【W/ the aid of DeepL】

Thanks Thank You GIF by 大姚Dayao

@MayanEcho RM must be proud Japan men's gymnastics win🥇place:wow1:

Thomas Ceccon gold medal

Spoiler

=====😋

Spoiler

#food from everybody loves to eat

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

23 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hot Monday here in the sandpit! 🥵 

i can almost visualize a cracked egg sizzling on the road..

Heat Wave Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

life at work is amazing today!

one collegue bought rice vermicelli breakfast for us, then another shared some grapes and rock melons.. another colleague came from johor and bought us some cassava chips with curry leaves and salted egg..

casava_banner_2_1.jpg

cr.: owner

+2

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

14 hours ago, partyon said:

Look at this compulsory floor exercise from the 1988 Olympics where @larus's Romanian gymnast Daniela Silvas just literally FLOATS in the air. Amazing!

Daniela Silivas was awesome. 🥰 It is hard to watch artistic gymnastics without a nostalgia. And not only gymnastics.  We are not in the elite sport anymore. And it is going to be harder and harder to see a Romanian athlet on the podium.

9 hours ago, WeunXK said:

RM must be proud Japan men's gymnastics win🥇place

I saw the last round. I felt sorry for the Chinese that one of them missed the bar but I was glad for the Japan team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

@larus What's up with Nadia Comaneci nowadays?

Nadia is living in USA since 90s. She is married with an American gymnast, Bart Conner. They have an 18 years old son.  She was at the Opening Ceremony along with Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams and Karl Lewis. They were one of the athletes who carried the Olympic Torch.

c5d198727b97f4d972cbda13088f9fbfa48a1481

Team Romania flew to Paris on a plane with her name. 😍

74ba6882da98b5f618c4e8c3a2eee9e66c2b3e26

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1066392104849024&set=a.298949254926650&locale=ro_RO

But the way, Daniela Silivas is living in the USA also and she has a beautiful family.

daniela-silivas-implineste-52-de-ani-sur

https://www.fanatik.ro/daniela-silivas-implineste-52-de-ani-campioana-mondiala-la-gimnastica-ne-dezvaluie-regretele-ei-exclusiv-20684096

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i can almost visualize a cracked egg sizzling on the road..

Well, if you leave an egg long enough it will cook in the pavement 😅

2 hours ago, larus said:

Nadia is living in USA since 90s. She is married with an American gymnast, Bart Conner. They have an 18 years old son. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

But the way, Daniela Silivas is living in the USA also and she has a beautiful family.

It's good to know that they're having normal lives after the fame and limelight of being young, elite athletes. 

BlueBerry-Muffin-2405-1.jpg

ctto

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1