Add and Subtract Game

Admin

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wait, you left the half to rot for a a few months? No wonder there were worms in it.

noooo.. i split the fruit to halves and eat with a spoon.. lol but you know the weather here is so warm and humid, fruits left on the table continue to ripen very fast..

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

Have you tried sweet passion fruit?

yes, haha.. its tangy.. usually added to desserts

menueditor_item_56a7cb140aa748f9927117de

cr.: owner

22 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

you still eat Custard Apple today ?:joy:

erm.. yes? hahaha i just make sure i give a good inspection there is no wriggling creatures lurking before i eat..

==

warm weathers, i actually miss the wax apples and peaches

8be72a_98290c1b06c44c1db04bb482dd763b79~

shutterstock_1680113767_1000x.jpg?v=1652

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

4 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

yes, haha.. its tangy.. usually added to desserts

Yes, that's the normal passion fruit:

passion-fruit-benefits.jpg

But there is another type of passion fruit called Sweet Passion Fruit (aka Granadilla) and it is not at all tangy. It's really sweet and excellent in drinks ! :glasses:

1192.750@2x.jpg

I wish I could get my hands on it here. :crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

This fruit Rambutans are in season now & is sweet.

what-is-rambutan.jpg

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yes, that's the normal passion fruit:

But there is another type of passion fruit called Sweet Passion Fruit (aka Granadilla) and it is not at all tangy. It's really sweet and excellent in drinks ! 

we dont get the yellow version of passion fruit here.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I was just traveling for 2 weeks in places where It wasn't safe to eat fresh veggies and salads.

Call it OC, but I do actually wash one by one each stalk or leaves of veggies I'm cooking or preparing in warm, running water. And yup, if I'm not so sure of the place, I won't have salads either or anything raw.

@Thong Thin Luv persimmons!

I dislike overripe egg fruit, LOL!

But I also miss wax apples. I barely see it here. At least there are dragon fruits, the red and white kind. And the once in a while custard apple, hehehe.

1 hour ago, larus said:

There were such things? :o I know about Barbie dolls but it is the first time I heard about movies.:w00t: The second time. I just read this morning and I found out that Ryan Gosling will play Ken in the new Barbie movie and I was like.... WHAT?

Give me an exemple of a Barbie movie and who played the celebrity couple (the most famous cast).:)

The past Barbie movies were animated :)

And here's Barbie Diaries, which is quite different from other fairy-tale themed Barbie movies.

https://www.bilibili.tv/en/video/2016152845

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

i saw you said you worked in a collectible doll co before.. blythe dolls??

Nope, not Blythe dolls. The company produces collectible dolls made of vinyl, porcelain, or silicone, working with artists to reproduce their creations. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7

Just now, partyon said:

But there is another type of passion fruit called Sweet Passion Fruit (aka Granadilla) and it is not at all tangy. It's really sweet and excellent in drinks !

hahaha it's still tangy to me!! i bought these yellow ones from ecuador, wait for them to be slightly more wrinkly in the outer skin

most of our fruits here are imported, so as long as the freight time permits, i think we should be able to access most of the fruits!

pngtree-fresh-fruit-green-dates-deliciou

fresh green dates.. there is also the hybrid ones where it tastes of milk too!!

+2

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

1 minute ago, joccu said:

I don’t eat that much of fruits. I’m more veggie and berries person. 

I don't eat a lot of fruit either as it contains a lot of sugar. Am more of a veggie person too.
But when I buy fruits, berries and veggies I prefer organic ones. There are so many pesticides in veggies and fruits, that I try to limit getting extra pesticides and toxins in the ones I buy myself.

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

@partyon  same.  There is lot of good organic places here. And also many berries I can pick in the woods and we grow some veggie’s and berries in our summer cottage(onions, carrots, potatoes, salad, strawberries and raspberries.)

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Moi. Lots of times, hahaha! The eps are so funny most of the times. And I must've seen almost all Barbie movies at least 50 times each movie. :lol:

That's great! I didn't even know there were Barbie movies out there.

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, if I wanted to be able to finish something or bath in peace, Disney, Barbie, Peppa, MLP, Sophia the 1st, Ben and Holly, Horrid Henry, etc were a must. On repeat. :P

:lol: For me it was putting on Disney, Peppa, Max and Ruby, Blue's Clues, Lazy Town, Sesame Street, and the Wiggles. At first with the Wiggles I was like :blink: but their songs are really catchy and they all studied education (except for Jeff) so they knew what they were doing! 

5 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

craving for pancakes ..             

Welcome back @Thong Thin! In the end did you enjoy Pachinko? I dropped it after Ep 3, but at least I got to see my first LMH show :).

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

yes, @partyon DURIANSSSSS

Get Out Of Here No Way GIF by D-Wayne

I know we all have different tastes but :persevere:.

I like all your other food ideas though. :wub:

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

warm weathers, i actually miss the wax apples and peaches

Wax apples! Blast from the past. I miss those.

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I was just traveling for 2 weeks in places where It wasn't safe to eat fresh veggies and salads. Have been eating salads non-stop since I got home.

That's so tough. Welcome back to veggies!

Speaking of fruit, has anyone tried physalis? They taste like a cross between a grape and a tomato.

Physalis-peruviana-9-1024x683.jpg

ctto

And loquats?

loquat.jpg

So good!

+2

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

24 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon  same.  There is lot of good organic places here. And also many berries I can pick in the woods and we grow some veggie’s and berries in our summer cottage(onions, carrots, potatoes, salad, strawberries and raspberries.)

+ 2

we do have organic fruits & veg here. But is a bit pricey.

15 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Welcome back @Thong Thin! In the end did you enjoy Pachinko? I dropped it after Ep 3, but at least I got to see my first LMH show .

Well... not really but it did takes me a while to complete watching the 8 episodes.

What are you watching currently.

I just finished Our Blues, now watching Doctor Lawyer .. hope to see some

abs from So Ji Sub :glasses:  and Golden Mask (evil MIL... need to learn some tricsk from her :joy:)

38 minutes ago, joccu said:

I don’t eat that much of fruits. I’m more veggie and berries person. 

Berries are pretty expensive here that's why I prefer local fruits which are cheaper & guava

is not as sweet as other fruits and contains more vit c

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

59 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Speaking of fruit, has anyone tried physalis? They taste like a cross between a grape and a tomato.

yes!! but i think we called it more of the cape gooseberries?

some are used to decorate the top of cakes

360_F_287944401_WR8bi8yyhd4QcZX36Zpz4qx5

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

@Thong Thin  it is totally  different in here. Berries are much more cheaper than some fruits and you have to option to just pick them for free in you nearest forest/woods if you know what to pick. not all forest/woods have blackberries, wild raspberries or wild strawberries. 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/wild-berries

Now days there is lot of decent price organic foods in here. Gluten free foods are still more expensive but even them have dropped prices. 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The past Barbie movies were animated 

Oh.... animated movies. That`s explain why I have not heard about them till now. So Ryan Gosling will be the first Ken? :w00t:

37 minutes ago, joccu said:

it is totally  different in here. Berries are much more cheaper than some fruits and you have to option to just pick them for free in you nearest forest/woods if you know what to pick.

Yeah... It is the same here. Berries can be found in the woods but they are cultivated also.

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Berries are pretty expensive here that's why I prefer local fruits which are cheaper & guava

is not as sweet as other fruits and contains more vit c

It is the same for everyone.The exotic fruits for us are the fruits that don`t grow here so some of them are more expensive than others.  I think berries are expensive here too but maybe not like your berries. :)

I never ate a guava. There are other exotic fruits that I did not try.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Well... not really but it did takes me a while to complete watching the 8 episodes.

What are you watching currently.

I just finished Our Blues, now watching Doctor Lawyer .. hope to see some

abs from So Ji Sub :glasses:  and Golden Mask (evil MIL... need to learn some tricsk from her :joy:)

I bet you're a wonderful MIL. :joy: But yeah, some of the MILs in drama world are scary!

I just finished Our Blues as well. And My Liberation Notes a couple weeks before that, as well as The Sound of Magic with Ji Chang Wook. Right now I'm still in the middle of a Thai lakorn that @Lmangla introduced, Ra Rerng Fai. And slowly making my way through Diary of a Prosecutor when I get to have the TV. None of the current dramas grab my attention so I'm trying to catch up on older stuff.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

yes!! but i think we called it more of the cape gooseberries?

Yes! That's the other name for them. Omo, that cake looks so good. :P

1 hour ago, joccu said:

Berries are much more cheaper than some fruits and you have to option to just pick them for free in you nearest forest/woods if you know what to pick.

I watched the Somebody Feed Phil episode in Helsinki and loved it! He forages for mushrooms in the forest, meets your Prime Minister, and eats a soup that looked so delicious. Fun episode.

55 minutes ago, larus said:

So Ryan Gosling will be the first Ken? :w00t:

Seriously so weird! And Margot Robbie as Barbie. I feel like Barbie and Ken should both be played by younger actors.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, joccu said:

Berries are much more cheaper than some fruits and you have to option to just pick them for free in you nearest forest/woods if you know what to pick. not all forest/woods have blackberries, wild raspberries or wild strawberries. 

59 minutes ago, larus said:

Yeah... It is the same here. Berries can be found in the woods but they are cultivated also.

i'm so envious!!

that sounds like a page off End Blyton's books.. i've never picked any berries.. except those where you pay to enter the strawberry farm with a fee and they hand you one plastic bag to fill it up with..

and i don't think i know how to identify an edible berry and a poisonous one too hahahaa

snow white drinking GIF

oh wait, i wanted to pick a gif with snow white in the forest singing..

why is there a snow white dancing in the disco lights!!

i guess she is in the friday night mood like me..

moderate moderation GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Seriously so weird! And Margot Robbie as Barbie. I feel like Barbie and Ken should both be played by younger actors.

Margot Robbie will be Barbie? But Ken and Barbie can get old eventually. It is weird to make the movie about them. It is a movie for children/teens? :)

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5