Add and Subtract Game

Admin

38 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Malaysians love to wear baju kurung, to work or even school children.   There are many versions but my mom and I love the traditional baju kurung (2nd from Left) - the straight cut version.   We need at least 4 metres cloth to do top and bottom, so saree cloth here are normally sold at 6 metres.  My mom will take the 4 metres and use the other 2 to do a dress or blouse.  And she normally will choose the soft fabric, saree.  I could not find the soft cloth images here.

The silk ones are usually tailored for celebrations eg weddings or festive season.

ooh, so you need 4 metres. does 4 metres cover all body shapes? here, for traditional outfits, you can buy material by the metre or material package sets. depending on the design and your body shape, some need more fabric while some need less. I love shopping for fabric materials. it is so much fun to touch the fabric, imagine the cut and flow and figure out which one you like. it is so exciting when you walk in to see fabrics of so many colours and designs! :wub:

CottonStreet2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Oppa!!!!!!

Ms. Koko, I have been missing your oppa pictures. :loveu:

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

Anyone here a fan of So Ji Sub? He's the only Oppa that I know of

Not sure, but if there is one who would surely be a fan of So Ji Sub it would be my dongsaeng @4evrkdrama. There are few oppas who are NOT on her list. :D

gangnam style psy GIF by Vevo

@Lmangla Sweetie, you are on Team Sub right? Just checking. :sweatingbullets:

520  ***corrected

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ooh, so you need 4 metres. does 4 metres cover all body shapes? here, for traditional outfits, you can buy material by the metre or material package sets. depending on the design and your body shape, some need more fabric while some need less. I love shopping for fabric materials. it is so much fun to touch the fabric, imagine the cut and flow and figure out which one you like. it is so exciting when you walk in to see fabrics of so many colours and designs?! :wub:

We do cut the cloth according to body shapes and design of the outfit.
For baju kurung, standard practice is 4 metre set, unless the lady's built is large and tall. 
I used to follow mom to the fabric shops - we can spend hours in there.
She tends to go for pastel, plain.   But for baju kurung, she wouldn't mind any patterns or vibrant colours.

Pastel Rainbow Bella Solids Fat Quarter Bundle | 100% Cotton Fabric | UK |  The Fabric Fox190 Fabrics - Pastels ideas | fabric, spoonflower, custom fabric

Ohh, so sorry @partyon - I am the guilty one.  Mian he - just checked

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

Anyone here a fan of So Ji Sub? He's the only Oppa that I know of 

+2

+2

I am his fan too....

classroom_hands_up_0.jpg

@kokodus   hi and long time no see. RL must have taken so much of your time.

@Min2206  I also like the traditional type baju kurung (straight cut)..can hide your body shape :joy:

@Sleepy Owl  read about your work issues yesterday, hope they are settled by now.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 5

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I switched over to team add a while back and just stayed. :)

Okay, we've been switching teams so many times that I am not keeping up with who is on what team. My bad. :D

7 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ohh, so sorry @partyon - I am the guilty one.  Mian he - just checked

Pop Tv Johnny Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

Just kidding. It's okay! :dorakiss:

524 ***corrected

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

hi @partyon @kokodus @Sleepy Owl

GIF by REBEKAH

^ this feels like, the 3 of u? hahaha

i had sakura souffle pancakes and lychee fruit tea for lunch.. my friend had her salmon omurice!

i started wearing a gold bracelet with charms since earlier last month during cny.. and one additional gold accessory definitely did catch the attention of several people.. like the abangs at the prata shop and some of the stalls at the hawker center that i visit often. they noticed and commented on it.

subconsciously, i also become more careful when i go home late..

so i can't imagine the added fear i might have if i'm draped in so much gold from head to toe!

ninja scroll night GIF

+2

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 7

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

Okay, we've been switching teams so many times that I am not keeping up with who is on what team. My bad. :D

Just kidding. It's okay! 

Thank you Unnie.   Not sure what happened this morning but it happened.  :D 

4 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i had sakura souffle pancakes and lychee fruit tea for lunch.. my friend had her salmon omurice!

i started wearing a gold bracelet with charms since earlier last month during cny.. and one additional gold accessory definitely did catch the attention of several people.. like the abangs at the prata shop and some of the stalls at the hawker center that i visit often. they noticed and commented on it.

subconsciously, i also become more careful when i go home late..

so i can't imagine the added fear i might have if i'm draped in so much gold from head to toe!

Interesting -- gold bracelent with charms?

you see, they notice, right?  like this one below @sadthe1st

29: 18K GOLD CHARM BRACELET AND CHARMS 48.2 grams - Jun 27, 2010 | Burchard  Galleries Inc in FL | Charm bracelet, Gold charm bracelet, Vintage charm  bracelet

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

@Min2206  Nowdays, I also feel not safe carrying a hand bag to work or groceries shopping.

So, I get this wallet where I can put in my hp, driving license and id card.

Is so convenient now days with e-wallet that I dont have to carry cash with me.

@sadthe1st  - just be safe esp when late nights inside bus or which ever mode of transport you are in.

Spoiler

1_b0d5d16f-3b3f-490f-aa09-88e4540620cc.j

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

19 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Interesting -- gold bracelent with charms?

you see, they notice, right?  like this one below

it's a thinner one, not so loud as the one in ur pic lol there's 8 dangling charms on it.

my dad gave it to my mom when she was still in her teenage years lol so i took it over and started wearing it

something like this but different charms

Spoiler

116664054_2032923326839892_8897832301136

cr.: owner

@Thong Thin clutch bags are very convenient! u can strap it over ur wrist too!

my neighborhood is quite brightly lit at night and there's a lot of police cctv around as well. i'll stay safe!

Korean Drama Love GIF by The Swoon

• Like 1
  • Blob 7

24 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

@Min2206  Nowdays, I also feel not safe carrying a hand bag to work or groceries shopping.

@sadthe1st  - just be safe esp when late nights inside bus or which ever mode of transport you are in.

Hide contents

I like that one, too. It's pretty slim and convenient to bring around. I have the same one but it's black. Be safe wherever you guys go. Do you guys prefer wearing a crossbody/sling bag or backpacks? 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

27 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

@Thong Thin   I am using this too - what a coincidence!  I have the lighter version one, given by my ex-boss.   Used to carry it when doing lunch with colleagues those days.  Now it is in my handbag.

19 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

it's a thinner one, not so loud as the one in ur pic lol there's 8 dangling charms on it.

my dad gave it to my mom when she was still in her teenage years lol so i took it over and started wearing it

something like this but different charms

Awww, so sentimentally sweet - from dad to mom, now to you
hey, those days, the gold composition is different from now, no?  so those do attract the eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

10 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Do you guys prefer wearing a crossbody/sling bag or backpacks?

hi @BlackLotus1025

it depends where i'm going and who i'm going out with..

i'm ok with tote bag, sling bag and small backpack.. but definitely not those dinner purse!

5 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

hey, those days, the gold composition is different from now, no?  so those do attract the eyes.

yup the gold composite is definitely different, the craftmanship too!

iced coffee cold brew GIF by Royal Cup Coffee & Tea

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

12 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Do you guys prefer wearing a crossbody/sling bag or backpacks? 

Just saw you question thru @sadthe1st - with thanks

I prefer a crossbody tote bag.     Backpacks when I travel.

something like this
Madewell Bags | Madewell The Elsewhere Tie Crossbody Tote Bag | Poshmark

Spoiler

Ladies Hand Crossbody Bags For Women 2020 Luxury Handbags Women Leather  Shoulder Bag Tote Bag Designer Women bolsa feminina hot sell | Lazada

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

10 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

hi @BlackLotus1025

it depends where i'm going and who i'm going out with..

i'm ok with tote bag, sling bag and small backpack.. but definitely not those dinner purse!

yup the gold composite is definitely different, the craftmanship too!

Likewise, @sadthe1st! In my case, I don't think I can go out feeling comfortable just by wearing a super small purse. Haha.

2 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Just saw you question thru @sadthe1st - with thanks

I prefer a crossbody tote bag.     Backpacks when I travel.

something like this

Hide contents

Nice! I do carry something like that, too. About the same size. Haha. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2