[Drama 2014] Pride and Prejudice 오만과 편견

jerebtang

Good day girls! I'm really hoping that P&P starts on the 27th.. the way things are going- there are no posters.. no teasers.. somehow the photos released are for one ep only as CJH had the same outfit like what @booha pointed out.. it seems the publicity is so scarce as compared to its probable rival at kbs..By the way.. this picture has been bothering me since it was posted.. seems to me that Jin Hee is on CJH's lap..or is it just the angle of the camera.. haha.. im being paranoidNdR7SQH.jpg or eager for OTP moments this early

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest meomongco

booha said:
@meomongco    Well It seems everybody is confused about Night Watchman’s current schedule, either 20eps or 24eps.    So far it is suggested that PP will broadcast the last week of this month but it sounds like it could be delayed this airing date if the production team is in need for whatever reasons.   MBC is a big company.   It can find a lot of special programs to fill in gaps.    However these public tv stations are rating driven and if Night Watchman isn’t making a good rating, it can be shot down after 20eps.

Hello Booha,
Ah ha, i understand it. Maybe, The Night Watchman will be adding more eps and P&P is delayed for airing date. Thank you so much.:)

@ell4u said: Good day girls! I'm really hoping that P&P starts on the 27th.. the way things are going- there are no posters.. no teasers.. somehow the photos released are for one ep only as CJH had the same outfit like what @booha pointed out.. it seems the publicity is so scarce as compared to its probable rival at kbs..By the way.. this picture has been bothering me since it was posted.. seems to me that Jin Hee is on CJH's lap..or is it just the angle of the camera.. haha.. im being paranoid         or eager for OTP moments this early

Guest thecandyce

@booha‌ @frankreich‌ Hmm to be very honest, it's not the wardrobe that concerns me, since the fan-taken pictures are mostly of outdoor scenes, and he could be changing his outfits for indoor courtroom scenes. Besides, with this being a legal drama, I doubt most of the scenes take place outdoors. If we were to consider that, then it's highly likely that most of the scenes for the first episode have been filmed already.

Despite that, I'm still concerned, because, like you've mentioned, MBC hasn't been doing much promotional activities for this drama. They will need to if they are going up against SBS and KBS, really. I do want the best for Jinhyuk and Jinhee ♡ I'm looking forward to the press conference.

Regardless of when it airs, I hope that MBC will be fully prepared for the consequences of their judgment. There are many factors to consider, really. If they were to air it the week after next week, there's the problem of time crunch compromising on the quality. But if they were to air it later, my worry is that a majority of viewers will be stuck on Secret Door and Cantabile Tomorrow, so much so that they will not divert their attention to P&P. It's quite a a precarious situation, in my opinion, so I hope that MBC makes a proper gauge of it.

@ell4u‌ No doubt it's just the filming angle and Jinhee is not sitting on Jinhyuk's lap, you're making me wish she was T-T I'm desperate for OTP moments too ♡♡♡

Guest adikkeluangman

Dramabeans wrote about CWS and LTH characters. Similar as posted in previous page before.http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/10/news-bites-october-4-2014/
I kinda like law drama. I love MBC previous drama A New Leaf. It was so good with all the great actors and story line but it ended early. 
Baek Jin Hee sort of MBC darling. Since her latest dramas all aired in MBC. Hope that MBC will used this to their advantage or her agency need to step up using proper PR and media play. She got potential and her debut as main lead please not be wasted.
Choi Woo Shik may or may not start filming his scene yet. He in Busan since 2nd Oct for premiere his movie debut there at Busan International Film Festival. His movie appearance will be today and on 9th. Not sure if he will go back to Seoul for filming this drama or attended interview/workshop for his movie between those date.
I think I may watch this drama cos of CWS. I don't watch him on FTLY though I should watch that drama too.

From Dramabeans   thank you @adikkeluangman
http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/10/news-bites-october-4-2014/
Choi Woo-shik
mRn29om.jpg
We’ve also gotten some more tidbits on the role given to Choi Woo-shik (Yong in Fated to Love You) in Pride and Prejudice — the fashion-obsessed prosecutor he’ll play has been on an elite, predetermined course his whole life, and he’s perfect marriage material. Born to a wealthy Gangnam family, he attended high school abroad, got his degree from Seoul National University, and trained as a military judicial officer. Although he’s content to follow the course set out for him when it comes to his career, he lives and dies by his passion for style and fashion; he is a true fashionista. Given the additional lead characters who will support the young genius prosecutor Choi Jin-hyuk, the stubborn female protagonist Baek Jin-hee, and the level-headed mentor Choi Min-soo, it feels even more like Pride and Prejudice is You’re All Surrounded set against a legal backdrop. The show will air after Records of a Night Watchman concludes in mid-October.[TV Report]
Lee Tae-hwan
Np8mEuB.jpg
We’re also getting more info from the set of Pride and Prejudice: In a sudden move, Lee Tae-hwan, of actor group 5urprise (he’s groupmates with Seo Kang-joon) and of High School King of Savvy (he played Min-seok’s dense friend Tae-seok) has been cast as a lead in MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama. (They’re calling it a lead, but I would venture it’s more of a supporting lead role.) He’ll play a taekwondo athlete and freshman detective; a flower boy with an innocent soul. It’s a big step forward for Lee, who just began acting professionally (High School King was his first acting appearance), and he said, “On one hand, I feel the burden of this great opportunity that’s been given to me, who just started out, and on the other, I have a desire to do a really good job.” Lee has been attending real trials and meeting with former investigators to prepare for the role. [SBS E]

Guest meomongco

Today Jin Hee had a fans sign event? 
Here's the news's link:"http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=469&aid=0000022679"

An article on P&P in Jap. I will translate it when I can, but I am kinda overwhelmed right now... So maybe over the weekend...
Here are the large pics though for the time being!
http://mottokorea.com/mottoKoreaW/FunJoy_list.do?bbsBasketType=R&seq=11173 

Credits for photo: MottoKorea (pls credit if reposting!)
PP3_zpsf423bb4b.jpg

CHJH-PP2_zps5e129e62.jpg

CJH-PP_zpsc377926e.jpg

@celes80  I translated this article. I think they are same but I'm not sure since I couldn't read Japanese. The Japanese article seems shorter.  oh well...  thanks...

PP girls Here is the translated article. Please read it in context not literally because this article shows a little bit more about the PP drama and Goo Dong Chi character. We know PP is a legal drama in a vague sense. From reading this article PP could be more like a law/order drama with more emphasis on the actual investigation side?? That explains a lot about the outdoor shootings we have seen so far.

http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20141007091707423
CJH carried out his first act as a charismatic ‘passionate prosecutor’.
CJH will play ‘a brilliant prosecutor’ Goo Dong Chi with 10 years experience and a high school graduate.  Normally he looks a bit swaggering but at the front of a case he displays outstanding criminal investigation ability with unique impartiality and a realistic view,  and he is an ‘ace prosecutor’ with complex charms.
Most of all CJH showed a complete transformation as ‘the prosecutor, Goo Dong Chi’.   In the drama, as a chief prosecutor/investigator to ‘the public safety team’ which has Han Yeol Moo (Baek Jin Hee), Moon Hee Man (Choi Min Soo) and Kang Soo (Yi Tae Hwan), CJH plays the central figure in solving a variety of cases.  During the drama shooting CJH is shown performing his official duty at the incident location with a sharp and keen look.
Especially CJH captures attention by totally creating ‘a superior look’ about the Goo Dong Chi character, a passionate ‘young prosecutor’.   Wearing a grey suit which emphasizes his height and with a determined expression reflecting his unique sense of duty, CJH shows off the confident ‘real prosecutor poise’. Moreover together with the core case matter, his ‘sharp look’ which could penetrate through women’s hearts forecasts strongly ‘WR fever’ throughout the country.
The scene in which CJH transforms into ‘prosecutor Goo Dong Chi’ was shot 9/30 in Incheon.  On the shooting location that day, many people including a nearby resident came to see a drama shooting and the place became hustling and bustling with a crowd.  But CJH started shooting with a seriously committed performance which completely caught hold of the shooting location mood.  CJH’s unique intense look and voice drew the onlookers’ attention creating momentary silence in the location.
During the break CJH revealed his other side.  CJH acted with ‘serious poise’ during a shooting but when the camera stopped, he returned to his usual bright attitude and became a mood cheerleader.  He also continually discussed with Choi Woo Shik about acting.  He happily signed the onlookers’ requests and led the fun and warm feeling on the location,
MBC and production team said “CJH is totally immersed in the character Goo Dong Chi.   Even during off shooting days CJH doesn’t put away the drama character and thinks as Goo Dong Chi and practices his behavior.   He tries hard to show his acting in total unison with the character.” “Please wait with expectation how CJH will portray and show the image of ‘prosecutor Goo Dong Chi .”

20141007091707694.jpeg

Archived