[Drama 2014] Pride and Prejudice 오만과 편견

jerebtang

thecandyce said: http://m.blog.naver.com/nawoon1970/220129569940 Here's news from Kim Nawoon's blog. Apparently, she'll be acting as Jinhee's mother in the drama. She blogged pictures of the script so it means that script-reading has started! We'll be getting news and pictures soon omo so excited ♡♡♡

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right, for those who can't see the pic, here I had uploaded in another image site:
ZFaocz0.jpg
RocQKNH.jpg

Source: Kim Na Woon Naver

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This means we can look forward to the script reading pics, hope the news will be released soon! 

oops  I lost Na Woon ajumma pictures!!   Thank you @jerebtang  

PS Hello I missed out on a number of things in the news articles for this drama which I translated.   I have rather limited experience with kdrama and my ability for translation is in the same range.  Please read it in that context!!!
( partial translation) (9/23)
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109961338
Choi Min Soo has confirmed to appear in MBC ‘Pride and Prejudice’.
Taking a role as a director Moon Hee Man, CMS returns to the living-room-theater in one year. He forms #1 ranking lineup with CJH and BJH leading the story line from the drama center (I’m not quite sure about this line.) 
Most of all, CMS will play the character MHM who is quick and excellent in calculation as he has ‘the career orientated mindset’  and he is an elite prosecutor rising to the director position first among his colleagues.  Instead of looking for justice in the world, he has a tendency to put more effort on the actual results. Because in the past he had a spectacular career for solving heavy cases, he is recognized for his skills within the organization. Flavored with the undeniable charisma ‘CMS’s acting as a prosecutor will present to viewers a new ‘villain of Power’ .
MHM (CMS) in the drama suffers from working in ‘ support team for the livelihoods of the public’  with the chief prosecutor Goo Dong Chi (CJH) and a junior prosecutor Han Yeol Moo (BJH).   ‘support team for the livelihoods of the public’ supposes to imply ‘to eradicate/root out the evil/wickedness’ which has a high sounding motto   but in reality it’s an exiled team for someone abandoned and demoted as a loser prosecutor by the boss to help the Attorney General’s Office during the crisis in various incidents.  How CMS, CJH and BJH have come to ‘support team for the livelihoods of the public’ and it will be curious what kind of case and accident will happen to them in it`
CMS returns to the tv screen in one year after playing in ‘Sword and Flower ‘as Uhm Tae-woong. It is hinted that at present CMS undertakes in-depth analysis with the script for the character, a prosecutor MHM  and works to bring out more vividness/vitality from the character.  Through many projects CMS played various parts which he portrayed through his own interpretation so there will be much attention towards what color of the bad prosecutor character CMS will create.
According to the production company, “CMS is a veteran actor who always perfectly embodies the character and gives vitality to a drama,” and “He will work together with CJH and BJH hubaes to bring out a fresh story for the viewers.”
JnTPChb.jpg

@booha thanks for the translationsWhy are there no news on this drama.. if my projections are right.. it will air on Oct 13.. i believe it will replace record on a nightwatchman and by this week the drama is already in ep15 and 16 and its slated to be 20 ep..

@ell4u   Hi chingu  Sadly PP is still casting.  So it might not make 10/13. But delaying another week shouldn't be that bad right!!  

Another cast member for PP
(translation) (9/24)
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109962365
Son Chang Min will appear in MBC ‘Pride and Prejudice’.
Son Chang Min will play Jeong Chang Gi, a good-for-nothing/ unemployed gambler.
‘PP’ is about the struggle of prosecutors who try to recover justice for law and principle, and for the people. Jeong Chang Gi ( Son Chang Min) is a good-for-nothing/ unemployed who lost all of his investment money to gambling. Even though he has wide contacts and colorful rhetoric , his soft and good nature make him vulnerable to fraud frequently. But he has the other side showing his fluency in English, Chinese and knowledge.
Ph0b9JI.jpg

Guest thecandyce

@booha‌ Thank you so much for the news!

It seems like the plot is extremely fascinating yet somewhat contradictory. If MHM is truly a veteran in the organization, and a respected veteran in the organization, it's going to take him either an unfavorable relationship with the Attorney General or what I term to be a 'justice complex' where he puts justice above personal gain, for him to actually be kicked to the curb and to be leading a 'loser squad'.

Furthermore, I don't understand the sort of character Jinhyuk will be playing. Jinhyuk commented in one of his interviews that it would be the 'bad boy' type, yet 'bad' in what context? I'm curious to see whether the screenwriter has crafted him out to be a stoic genius hellbent on justice, or a prosecutor easily swayed by the upper echelons in pursuit of position. Perhaps it's too early to tell with the synopsis, and best to judge his character after the first few episodes air.

As of now, Jinhee's profile of Han Yeolmoo seems the most congruent and least contradictory, at least from the script (not biased, just that the synopsis depictions are slightly vague). I can imagine an ex-cop having a crazy justice complex and being casted aside by the more superficial upper echelons of the organization.

Ugh I hope the pictures of the script reading session for the first two episodes will be out soon!

@jerebtang, thank you for starting the thread....

Looking forward to this drama.... Legal drama always intrigue me, and I am liking the cast. So glad Choi Jin-Hyuk got the leading man.

Waving hi to familiar faces and friends....@valsava, @krgilr87,@mdolphins, @miky88, :-h

Guest chaybags55

@ valsava chingu, if the night watchman total episodes is 24 eps, when will that end? CJH and BJH are both silent? Could it be that they are taking up crash course on law subjects.? I think they are busy familiarizing with the legal jargons.. LOL.. Fingers crossed for the success of this drama! Fighting!!

chaybags55 said: @ valsava chingu, if the night watchman total episodes is 24 eps, when will that end? CJH and BJH are both silent? Could it be that they are taking up crash course on law subjects.? I think they are busy familiarizing with the legal jargons.. LOL.. Fingers crossed for the success of this drama! Fighting!!

Guest thecandyce

@chaybags55‌ Sorry to seem like I'm interfering, but you raised a good point! It nearly crossed my mind that legal dramas require a lot of background knowledge and formalities. Even if they're merely reciting a script, the complexity of the script itself requires a certain level of understanding for them to be in character.

But despite that I feel slightly worried that MBC's being uncannily silent. P&P will need a lot of promotional activities and extra squee-worthy uploads to hike up the interests of fans, especially since P&P is up against two massive competitors - Secret Door beat The Night Watchman yesterday in terms of ratings though it's only at its second episode, and everyone's been anticipating Nodame Cantabile since the start of the year.

I'm praying hard that P&P will be able to keep up with its competitors. It's like a sink or swim situation for Jinhyuk and Jinhee since this would be their first major production as leads of a drama from one of the top three broadcasting stations in Seoul. Ugh I hope this drama will be a major breakthrough because they're both so talented and underrated D:

@thecandyce
I am also worried about the silence. I think Night of Watchman is already on episode 16 and it's only 20 episodes (not sure but this is the info written on the Night Watchman thread).
So this means, NW ends in two weeks, and we're still hearing casting news about P & P and nothing else.

Thank you so much @jerebtang and everyone for the news and updates!! Hope we get more soon! :)

Guest thecandyce

@ChelseaS‌ Yes, so true. It's even more worrying since only four cast members are confirmed. I was expecting a lot more of the supporting characters to be revealed immediately after Jinhyuk and Jinhee's acceptances. I'm trying to be optimistic because MBC does surprise people at times.

Genuinely wishing for the best to come out of this :)

Guest chaybags55

@ thecandyce, chingu i dont mind at all, and yes I am also nervous when i read the synopsis of Secret door ( a sageuk story) I am not a Korean and I really dont know their preference. The Nodame Cantabile ,what genre is this? Are satirical political and legal drama being overused as genre for Korean dramas? I watched Incarnation of Money and found it very interesting and finished it to the end. This will be my first tme to watch the character of BJH and I read that she was good at Empress Ki and  she bagged the Best New Actress at the Baeksang Awards. Is the airing time of P&P at 10PM? so the target viewers are ages 35 and up maybe? I am really nervous for CJH since this is his last drama before his enlistment , he must really deliver big time and leave an .impressive mark on the viewers heart.  But they are both talented and my faith on them remain steadfast. FIghting!!!

Guest thecandyce

@chaybags55‌ Oops, it's actually "Cantabile Tomorrow". KBS is doing a remake of Japan's hit drama "Nodame Cantabile", so some of the fans who originally watched the original show are rooting for the Korean remake. "Secret Door" is a saeguk revolving the life and times of Crown Prince Sado who descended into insanity and was indirectly murdered by his domineering and expectant father. The sort of traction these two dramas are gaining are unbelievable, so I genuinely hope that P&P won't be shoved aside by these two big shots.

Actually you're right! I adore legal and crime dramas, I genuinely do. Furthermore, P&P involves political entanglement and has a touch of romance with their sweet cast. Baek Jinhee may be a relative newcomer to the fire-hot entertainment scene but she's done quite a bit of dramas before, and even in Empress Ki she was so tangibly adorable despite being a villain. I feel that her presence itself will set this drama apart from the usual, entirely serious legal dramas. I mean, seriousness is good, but wisps of adorable scenes and humor add value to it :)

Beyond that I'm starting to think (though I'm not very sure of Goo Dongchi's character and the flow of the plot) that Jinhyuk is pretty much the only actor who'd be so fit for this role, given the circumstances. He's drop-dead gorgeous, so that makes him a visually pleasing couple with the small, adorable Jinhee. He can exude this extremely serious, solemn feel at times, which is perfect for a stoic, isolated genius of a prosecutor. Yet, he knows when to play up the slight weaknesses in his characters, enough to move people. Furthermore, I think he'll have amazing chemistry with the rest of the cast (hopefully, Jinhee in particular). I do hope he gets the credit he deserves and leaves a lasting impression before he goes to the army.

Even if the airing time is at 10pm, I think its relatively alright because youngsters these days watch shows around that timing as well, after they've completed their homework and whatnot :) (speaking from personal experience that's what I do every day)

Guest thecandyce

Oh and thank you so much to all who have been consistently updating the front page of this thread, especially @jerebtang‌ and @booha‌

It's nice to see the first page full of details and organized. It's my first time being so excited and commenting so ardently on a soompi thread (it's my first time on a soompi thread) so I'm really happy to see how supported the thread is.

Guest meomongco

booha said:
Thank you so much for your translation. Word hard for you. I am looking forward to hearing about Hyuk oppa's news. 
The drama is still going on well. I hope to see oppa soonest.:D
Have a nice time!

Son Chang-min in "Pride and Prejudice"

photo491930.jpg

Actor Son Chang-min is appearing in the new MBC drama "Pride and Prejudice".

Blossom Entertainment confirmed this statement on the 24th.

"Pride and Prejudice" is about the struggles of investigators who look for justice in the name of people and love.

Son Chang-min takes on the role of a jobless man named Jeong Chang-gi who loses his entire fortune in gambling. Despite his wide network and outstanding speech, his soft personality tricks him into losing money. He's fluent in English and Chinese characters too.

Starring Choi Jin-hyeok, Baek Jin-hee and Choi Min-soo, "Pride and Prejudice" is produced by Kim Jin-min-I and written by Lee Hyeon-joo. It will be broadcasted this coming October after "The Night Watchman's Journal".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... [more]

Archived