[Drama 2014] Pride and Prejudice 오만과 편견

jerebtang

@ChelseaS  actually im trying to  open the spoiler tag through my  phone  but failed  and  without noticing  i'm  click  off- topic  badge . ?-( Sorry, I didn't mean to:-S i do know it not OT

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title"“Pride and Prejudice” Released First Stills Of Choi Jin Hyuk And Baek Jin Hee choijinhyukbaekjinhee.png

MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Pride and Prejudice” started filming through the fresh meeting between the hot-blooded prosecutor Choi Jin Hyuk and Baek Jin Hee, the female university student with pure eyes.

“Pride and Prejudice” is a drama about the struggle of loser prosecutors that fight so the poor, weak, and upstanding people don’t get hurt during the golden age of the bad boys when the prosecutors would stand up to the bad boys using the law, principles, humans and love as weapons. PD Kim Jin Min, who directed “The Time Between Dog and Wolf” and “God of War” helms “Pride and Prejudice,” while Lee Hyun Joo of “School 2013″ takes charge of the scripts.

The first stills of “Pride and Prejudice” show the stone steps that were popular in the drama “My Name Is Kim Sam Soon.” The scene shows the special meeting between the actors five years before they meet again as the “top prosecutor” and the “hot-blooded intern prosecutor.”

Choi Jin Hyuk plays the role of Koo Dong Chi, a cold, top prosecutor who has a face that could make someone’s heart flutter, and he appears to be searching for someone. Meanwhile Baek Jin Hee plays the female university student donning red knitwear and is looking at Choi Jin Hyuk as if he is absurd.

Despite the first filming between the two taking place early in the morning, the two delivered their lines without awkwardness, and their chemistry within the drama is raising expectations. More than anything, Choi Jin Hyuk didn’t lose his smile despite running around uphill paths and several flights of stairs, showing himself enjoying the anxiety of the first filming.

Baek Jin Hee was focused during the first shooting, as she closely monitored Choi Jin Hyuk and talked with the director and staff despite not acting in the scene.

After the first filming was complete, Choi Jin Hyuk expressed his feelings by stating “I’m nervous like a freshman during the first semester [in high school]. I ran hard from the first filming, so I intend to run hard until the end. I am jelling well with Baek Jin Hee and the staff, so I believe that I will be able to enjoy filming.”

Baek Jin Hee also gave her views on the first filming, “I was very worried about how to express Yeol Moo before filming. However, before the filming began, I was able to finish the filming well thanks to the director, the seniors and Choi Jin Hyuk.”

“Pride and Prejudice” follows “The Night Watchman” and will premiere in the middle of October.

prideandprejudice1

[more]

Guest thecandyce

Thank you P&P girls for the news and photos ♡

I feel like the drama's slowly starting to garner hype. It's ultimately a great thing because soon the thread will literally be buzzing 24/7 ♡ and of course, the moments and the exhilarating plot ♡

I'm just curious though - when will P&P begin airing? There are news reports stating that it will air mid-October, but if "The Night Watchmen" finishes on the 21st, then wouldn't P&P start on the 27th? Technically, that's not mid-October.

Alternatively if TNW ends on the 7th, then P&P will start on the 13th, which would be more congruent with the news reports.

Has MBC confirmed the release date?

Guest thecandyce

On a side note, my predictions have been somewhat confirmed! Indeed, Jinhee and Jinhyuk are meeting prior to them being on the same team. Now I'm beginning to think that it's highly possible that Jinhyuk helped Jinhee out of a pinch (a legal pinch, probably) that drove her to pursue the path of law and justice.

I'm curious though - who will be the first to fall? Unless, well, they fall for each other simultaneously ;)

I’m posting this section because the original article mentions something important (I think). It says Goo Dong Chi in this scene looks different from the one 5 years later. It could mean something would happen to him after this(??)

“Pride and Prejudice” Released First Stills Of Choi Jin Hyuk And Baek Jin Hee
(soompi version)
Choi Jin Hyuk plays the role of Koo Dong Chi, a cold, top prosecutor who has a face that could make someone’s heart flutter, and he appears to be searching for someone. Meanwhile Baek Jin Hee plays the female university student donning red knitwear and is looking at Choi Jin Hyuk as if he is absurd.

In the scenes CJH portrays Goo Dong Chi who has a different look from a cool-headed chief prosecutor and in a neat suit and with excited/expectant expression, acts as if he is searching somebody. On the other hand, wearing a knit sweater BJH appears like a fresh looking college student but has a strange look as she looks at CJH which creates curiosity about these two for their first meeting.
( http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/newsview?newsid=20140929104804968 )

Guest mdolphins

I loved all of the stills posted, thanks you guys!!!! Also, I have read most of your posts, great insight @thecandyce I look forward to reading more from you.

:) 

I wandered over here from Choi Jin Hyuk's thread and say hello to all of the people I knew from Emergency Couple.  :-h

Guest thecandyce

@mdolphins‌ Aw, thank you! That's very nice to hear. I hope I'm not a being nuisance by constantly spamming the thread with my many impulsive thoughts.

Truthfully I've always had a soft spot for crime/mystery/legal dramas, especially Korean ones. Not because Korean ones are the most intellectually challenging, but because they have a more holistic approach towards their dramas. People think that producing crime/mystery/legal dramas means that directors should be investing entirely in the complexity of the plot and the plethora of tangible facts, but I don't think so. I personally believe that the quality of the cast, the setting, and the entire delivery of the script plays a huge role. We're not reading books but we're watching shows. So at the end of the day I believe the undermining of certain facts in dramas can be compensated by their overall entertainment value. A drama without entertainment value, that solely revolves around facts, isn't what I believe would be a good drama either.

It's no doubt that the P&P cast is extremely talented. I've seen critical cynics on Dramabeans take quite a few pointed jabs at Jinhyuk's acting, but I don't think it's fair on him since he's been acting in quite a few dramas where the writers refuse to make use of his potential. Jinhee, despite being stellar in 'Empress Ki', wasn't that spectacular in 'Triangle' due to the lackluster script she received. It's not that they lack any talent, but these two have been lacking proper scripts and fair roles for much too long and I'm glad MBC is giving them an opportunity.

I know it's best not to get my hopes up too much lest I get disappointed, but the reason why I'm so invested in this drama right now though it has only released stills is because I know it will have standard. With the cast, the setting, the impeccable screen quality, a solid writer and director, it will be highly unlikely that it will disappoint anyone too much. It might or might not disappoint, but I'm just saying that it'll still be, to a certain extent, satisfactory :)

(Sorry for the long rant omo)

Woot woot! I'll be anticipating this drama because, well, Choi Jin Hyuk.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Need I say more. LOL. It seems like he has chemistry with BJH.

And I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but I've noticed that CJH and BJH have quite a few things in common. They're both born on February and their birthdays are only a day apart, they're both Aquarius and they have the initials "JH". They both have "Jin" in their names too. CJH got nominated for a Baeksang Award while BJH won an award in one of the categories. O-O Hmm..

@thecandyce   Thank you for the long post!!    So you put PP in the frame of this, ‘crime/mystery/legal drama’.  I haven’t watched many kdramas and I haven’t watched any legal dramas.  In that sense I’m rather green in a soompi forum .  So I’m very happy to read the comments by someone who likes dramas and likes to talk about them.  You mentioned a good drama and good entertainment value. I agree.  I remember someone said that in kdrama as long as a drama grabbed a viewer’s ’s heart/emotion one stays in a drama regardless of any other deficiency with it.
Since you also like to think about characters, you might like this bit: A dc fan wondered why Dong Chi didn’t go to a college since he was smart enough to pass a bar exam at an early age, and it could be because of his family issues??

@unhskikr4ever said: Woot woot! I'll be anticipating this drama because, well, Choi Jin Hyuk.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Need I say more. LOL. It seems like he has chemistry with BJH.

And I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but I've noticed that CJH and BJH have quite a few things in common. They're both born on February and their birthdays are only a day apart, they're both Aquarius and they have the initials "JH". They both have "Jin" in their names too. CJH got nominated for a Baeksang Award while BJH won an award in one of the categories. O-O Hmm..

Guest mdolphins

@thecandyce Thanks for your post and I don't find your posts annoying at all, in fact, I have really been enjoying how articulate and thoughtful they have been. Thanks for taking time to share with all of us. Since I don't know that much about JH, I will only say I agree completely that in a lot of his roles CJH has been totally underutilized and his potential as an actor untapped. In Heirs especially, the lack of screen time Kim Won received was almost criminal, at some point it was like 2 minutes an episode in a few of them. In FTLY, the writer and PDnim could have done so much more with his character and WJW's too, but near the end it was just all about the OTP and the second leads stories were just summarily tied up very neatly and that was about it. Sad...

But, I hope this drama will give both of the leads a role they can really sink their teeth in and show us a side to them as actors that we have never seen before. I'm really tired so I hope this post makes sense.

Guest thecandyce

@booha‌ No problem at all ♡ It's a joy to give comments about a drama that I'm sure will be as beautiful as MBC projects it to be. Besides, I'm starting to warm up to this friendly fandom ♡

Yes, I do perceive that this will fall into the crime/mystery category. Ultimately, prosecutors are lawyers who convict criminals and are (theoretically) aligned with the country's constitution and the police force. I think that this will be similar to "I Hear Your Voice" in a sense that they will be battling the more powerful upper echelons who have the ability to sweep matters under the carpet and manipulate cases to their benefits. Don't worry about being unfamiliar with crime dramas, because South Korean dramas usually make their mysteries more comprehensive. It's the Japanese mystery dramas that tends to be slightly abstract and grotesque, at times (I'm not demeaning them - Japanese mystery dramas are stellar in their own way).

And to be honest, I'm not too familiar with romantic comedies. I understand that many of the current P&P girls on the thread are from Jinhyuk's fandom, so you and the others are probably much more well-versed in romantic comedies and how a good onscreen romances should be delivered. :)

Yes, precisely. A good drama needs to have a balanced approach, and it's good how South Korea does that for most of their dramas. It makes every genre of dramas, even the most abstract ones, appealing to viewers.

In response to the DC fan, I think that is one possibility, and a feasible one at that. Often, college is a burden for the financially unstable families, and the mature Dongchi might have opted to relieve the financial tension. I have, however, another possible conjecture - he did not attend college either due to his brain or his pride. The thing about geniuses and prodigies is that they are mentally and emotionally different from normal people. Their minds function in a peculiar way. They tend to be irrationally invested in the field of which they have talents in. Then this leads to another two possibilies: 1 - that Dongchi finds the pursuit of justice more urgent than wasting away time in college and thus immediately invests every bit of himself to eliminate criminals, or 2 - that he considers himself to be fundamentally superior in comparison to the others of his age, so much so that he feels he doesn't even need college, because he is already "above" all of them. It will be interesting, however, if the writer mixes all three possibilities. I might be wrong, though. Conjecture is but conjecture.

@mdolphins‌ That's very sweet of you to say, thank you very much. I have a tendency to ramble on relentlessly, so do feel free to remind me if I'm saying too much :) And like I said, the fandom may be quiet but it's visible by the number of "awesome" votes on each comment how supportive everyone is of each other. Having been in KPOP idol fandom for the past three years and now shifting to the drama scene, I find this sort of setting very tranquil, peaceful and cordial.

"The Heirs", was overrated, but they rendered the most critical parts of their plot and cast underrated. It's pretty ironic, really. It came to a point where as visually appealing as Park Shinhye and Lee Minho are, people were less fixated on their story. Instead, most people had their attention diverted to the Haneul/Jooeun/Jinhyuk plot and the Woobin/Jiwon plot. I felt like these two plots should have been capitalized on and given more focus to, because these were the two that truly gave us a more balanced insight to what being a heir is like - the ups, the downs, and the in-betweens. It is much more representative of the chaebol lifestyle than the poorly constructed love line between the main leads. That being said, the entire drama only gave a happy ending to the main leads and Minhyuk/Krystal, so technically speaking, it was biased against all the pivotal figures of the story. In other words, Haneul, Jooeun, Jiwon and Woobin were as much marginalized as Jinhyuk was. I started watching the drama earlier this year without any preconceived bias, and it was a true disappointment.

I haven't watched FTLY, but most of the time, second male leads are completely marginalized. I can imagine how unfairly the scriptwriters treated Jinhyuk, which is truly a pity. On the other hand, it's great that Jinhyuk is the male lead for P&P and is likely to be focused on, but I hope Choi Wooshik doesn't become a romantic third wheel to Jinhyuk and Jinhee's relationship. I want him to be given fair treatment as well. Also, it would be nice to have Jinhyuk and Jinhee building a relationship not fuelled by the entrance of rivals, but purely on their own emotions towards each other.

I agree with you. I do hope this show will do justice to our leads ♡ (note the pun)

Guest thecandyce

Also, hi everyone, I created a Twitter fanbase for Jinhyuk/Jinhee already. It's never too early for a drama couple to begin their reign. 
Here's the link: twitter.com/dongchiyeolmoo 
On this account I will be posting information about P&P and our dear JH JH couple every time news comes out, and will retweet everything related to the latter. Of course, what's a fanbase without spazzing? I'll probably be spazzing crazily about the future moments as well. 

The purpose of having this account is to increase the outreach as well. Sometimes fandom, despite being 'soft powers', have the greatest might of all. I genuinely do hope P&P will be widely supported, so I hope you will support and follow this account, and promote it to others so P&P, and our beloved leads, will gain the popularity they deserve ♡

Oh and this is my private account if you want to reach me privately hehe because well what's a fandom without forging friendships?

link: twitter.com/thecandyce 

PP BTS:  The blogger says  “I went to see my friend but instead I saw the drama shooting keke. I saw CJH in person. He’s good looking.”   (The second man is supposed to be Yi Tae Hwan(이태환) but I didn’t know he would be in PP???   The third man in a white shirt is CJH’s manager. )
http://blog.naver.com/hoiryoung/220137390659
OBlXiUN.jpg

EEkPIkB.jpg
xoXhpxE.jpg
jb32bdB.jpg

ZTbkltF.jpg
DvvpBJq.jpg
2VZmjpl.jpg

xLlEzOa.jpg
5J9sv8A.jpg
6bsysXq.jpg
SI6xjDK.jpg

cr to DC

Guest meomongco

booha said: Hello Booha,
I just saw the new news for P&P this morning. I think that there are some news people will appear in P&P.
Here's the link. http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201410010858249610
Have a nice day!

Guest meomongco

meomongco said: booha said: Hello Booha,
I just saw the new news for P&P this morning. I think that there are some news people will appear in P&P.
Here's the link. http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201410010858249610
And one more news? http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=1264476&year=2014
Have a nice day!

Guest meomongco

Lee Tae-hwan, the youngest member of boy band ‘Surprise,’ has been cast in MBC’s upcoming drama < Pride and Prejudice> as a major role.

Lee Tae-hwan appears as ‘Kang-soo’ who is a new police detective at Incheon District Public Prosecutors’ Office and also very talented at Taekwondo. It is his 2nd appearance in drama after tvN’s drama ‘High School King,’ which was ended in last August.

Lee Tae-hwan said, “I am so glad that I can appear in this great drama. I think this is a great opportunity to show my talent as an actor again.” He also said he is now trying his best to study his character as he meets real police detectives and personally participates in court.

Staff members of this drama said, “Lee Tae-hwan is very confident and outgoing person. We thought his personality was very similar to character ‘Kang-soo.’ Especially, his smile is so beautiful that he perfectly fit this character.”

Meanwhile, Choi Jin-hyu, Baek Jin-hee, Choi Min-soo and Son Chang-min also have been cast in this drama. Drama <Pride and Prejudice>, the follow-up of the drama ‘The Night Watchman,’ will air its first episode in October.

EDIT  I found the soompi article about Choi Woo Shik.
@meomongco    Thank you chingu for posting the translated article about Yi Tae Hwan. I also found another article about Choi Woo Shik.    I think I will wait and hopefully someone will translate it too. If not I will try to translate it later.   I’m posting both pictures from each article.
Yi Tae Hwan 
http://enews24.interest.me/news/article.asp?nsID=515039

’고교처세왕’ 이태환, ’오만과 편견’ 주연급 파격 캐스팅

Choi Woo Shik

http://www.segye.com/content/html/2014/10/01/20141001002142.html?OutUrl=daum

20141001_1412131129_30233800_1.jpg

class="content-title"Choi Woo Sik Cast in Drama “Pride and Prejudice”

http://www.soompi.com/2014/09/30/choi-woo-sik-cast-in-drama-pride-and-prejudice/

Rising young actor Choi Woo Sik has been cast in the upcoming MBC drama “Pride and Prejudice.”

Currently, Choi Jin Hyuk, Baek Jin Hee, Choi Min Soo, and Son Chang Min have been confirmed for the cast of the drama.

“Pride and Prejudice” will portray the romance and the struggles of those in the legal justice system. Written by screenwriter Lee Hyun Joo, most well-known for writing “School 2013,” “Pride and Prejudice” will be directed by producer Kim Jin Min from “The Time Between Dog and Wolf.”

Choi Wook Sik will portray Lee Jang Won, a young team member on the justice team who provides crucial support to the plot development.

“Pride and Prejudice” will premiere in October, following the completion of the currently airing drama “The Nightwatch Man.”

Guest meomongco

booha said:  Okie, thank you. I hope so. But i saw 3 people in the article. http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201410010858249610
Tae Hwan, Woo Shik and who is the girl? I don't know...:D

Archived