[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

I watched all the 4 episodes.  of all i liked the 1st episode where they show the student-teacher relationship.  i hv come across in some forums and hearsay that the students who are in research programs under a particular hi level professional lecturer do suffer to get their phD's during their tenure.  I just saw it.  the later episodes from 2-4 are kinda slow and boring.  i think they are going so deep into the korean art and culture.  while some viewers may like it, some may not.  I like it actually as i like to know various cultures, heritages, histories and thier roots.  So maybe the ratings dropped too much.   But Lee young ae, waah!!!!!! what a beauty she is !!!!! amazing, she does not age is it???? 

What I liked the most is Yang se Jong's acting both in the historical part and also now as the hoobae.  he is so adorable and cute.  His acting is also very good.  He was hilarious when he told the debt collectors, "boyfriend"!! and then changed it to "relative", also giving MIL the formal bow (lol) and getting hit by Ji Yoon and ears pulled when he told that he is travelling to ohjukeon by scooter.  hahahha!!!!

I am not worried at all that SSH is not appeared yet and his screen time is less.  I hope he dont lessen the ratings by his stiff acting.   Its not like i am not a fan of SSH, i do like him.  I hope he is more expressive in the episodes to come.  

Also i thank @gerrytan8063for the detailed info on all the ancient histories/art.  I will try to stay with the drama.  If i find it too boring, i may drop this after watching the next week episodes.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, padhari said:

I watched all the 4 episodes.  of all i liked the 1st episode where they show the student-teacher relationship.  i hv come across in some forums and hearsay that the students who are in research programs under a particular hi level professional lecturer do suffer to get their phD's during their tenure.  I just saw it.  the later episodes from 2-4 are kinda slow and boring.  i think they are going so deep into the korean art and culture.  while some viewers may like it, some may not.  I like it actually as i like to know various cultures, heritages, histories and thier roots.  So maybe the ratings dropped too much.   But Lee young ae, waah!!!!!! what a beauty she is !!!!! amazing, she does not age is it???? 

What I liked the most is Yang se Jong's acting both in the historical part and also now as the hoobae.  he is so adorable and cute.  His acting is also very good.  He was hilarious when he told the debt collectors, "boyfriend"!! and then changed it to "relative", also giving MIL the formal bow (lol) and getting hit by Ji Yoon and ears pulled when he told that he is travelling to ohjukeon by scooter.  hahahha!!!!

I am not worried at all that SSH is not appeared yet and his screen time is less.  I hope he dont lessen the ratings by his stiff acting.   Its not like i am not a fan of SSH, i do like him.  I hope he is more expressive in the episodes to come.  

Also i thank @gerrytan8063for the detailed info on all the ancient histories/art.  I will try to stay with the drama.  If i find it too boring, i may drop this after watching the next week episodes.

The rating has drop even before the SSH appear. So it is hilarious if you blame SSH for the bad rating of the next episode. 

Fierce ratings battle between "Saimdang: Light's Diary" and "Chief Kim"

Spoiler

photo815425.jpg

KBS "Chief Kim" and SBS "Saimdang: Light's Diary" are in a fierce ratings battle.

According to Nielsen Korea, KBS drama "Chief Kim" rated 13.8% across the nation and 14.1% in the metropolitan area.

On the other hand, SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary" maintained its top position until now, but dropped to 12.3% across the nation and 12.6% in the metropolitan area. Furthermore, "Saimdang: Light's Diary" had a good start with 15.5% and 16.3% on the second episode, but dropped to 13.0% on the third episode.

Meanwhile, MBC drama "Missing 9" rated 4.8%.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Saimdang: Light's Story" Episode 4

photo815325.jpg

Spoiler

We get to watch Saimdang and Lee Gyum's love story implode rather fantastically for the majority of this episode. In general I don't mind the whole tragic doomed love cliché, but here it comes off as rather weak. More than ever I find myself wondering which of these events are based on actual historical record and which are sheer dramatic embellishment. If Saimdang actually married another guy because her parents were making a socio-political decision, I would have much rather seen that.

Really, I would have accepted just about any explanation except the royalist conspiracy to violently attack poor people begging for food, spurred on by Saimdang's inspiring poetry. Just typing that out makes me acutely aware of just how silly that all sounds. But more than that it's out of place. Class conflict is being broached much better in "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People" if only because that drama recognizes that the upper classes have material motives to engage in wide-ranged oppression. Whereas in "Saimdang: Light's Story", King Jungjong (played by Choi Jong-hwan) is just kind of a jerk.

Choi Jong-hwan also plays Ji-yoon's academic nemesis Jeong-hak, and I'm not particularly happy about the creative decision to parallel these characters. The analogy doesn't really make sense, considering how Jeong-hak doesn't have power or position anywhere near in comparison to a king. The guy's just an unscrupulous scholar who cares more about the facts than his own reputation.

Academic politics have much, much lower stakes than statecraft, which is why I'm so principally concerned about where "Saimdang: Light's Story" is going. Saimdang's main visible output is through her art which, as far as I can tell, speaks to human emotions that go beyond any single era. If she gets too heavily caught up in political conspiracies, Saimdang is less an actual character with agency and more a mere plot token to be shuffled about by other characters.

That gives me uncomfortable flashbacks to "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama", which also had a very strong concept of exploring Joseon from the perspective of a famous person not involved in statecraft...then the production team decided to make the drama about statecraft anyway. It's just such a waste of potential. We can all the stabbing killing stuff from any old historical drama. Let's hear more about why Saimdang is an important cultural figure, and why her work is still being studied in the modern day. That's the real exciting hook here.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-saimdang-light-s-story-episode-4-102937.html

one more article

'Saimdang' fails to make the grade

By Park Jin-hai

The new SBS period drama "Saimdang, Memoir of Colors" had to wait two years to air since the first shooting took place in 2015.

The show fell victim to the chilly Korea-Sino relationship following the Korean government's announcement that it would deploy the U.S. Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system on its territory to protect the country from North Korean provocations.

The drama starring Lee Young-ae, heroine of the 2003 drama "Dae Jang Geum," which had global success, is the actress's comeback project after a 14-year hiatus, drawing much anticipation from Asian fans. The soap opera is said to be the next "Dae Jang Geum."

But after some initial hype and much publicity, the drama has fast been losing its appeal.

The initial two episodes posted relatively good viewership of 15.5 percent and 16.3 percent, topping viewership among dramas in the same time slot by a large margin.

However, the third episode slipped to 13 percent and then its fourth episode to 12.3 percent, overtaken by MBC's workplace comedy "Good Manager."

It is still too early to talk about whether the drama will be a flop or not, but the 20 billion won production seems to lack fresh elements to lure viewers.

From the onset, the drama ― the story of Shin Saimdang, a Joseon-era artist and writer ― looked like it was about actress Lee, by Lee, and for Lee.

When the drama had its premiere, the actress looked as beautiful as her earlier days on screen. But the drama seems outdated.

Its main time-slip element, which could have been fresh if it was aired last year, looks too familiar, after recent dramas like "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" and "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God."

Apart from product placements spotted here and there from the first episode, including a juice mixer and a restaurant, its story leans too much on fortunate events lacking reasonable explanations.

Lee plays a double role of a modern art history instructor So Ji-yoon and the Joseon-era artist Saimdang herself.

Modern-day So, who has done all the chores of her academic adviser to land a professorial position at university, loses favor and her adviser kicks her out of an art forum in Italy.

But she happens to receive an old book from a street vendor. Then, while on her way to find a place referred to in the book, she finds a mirror.

The mirror suddenly breaks and reveals a chest. Inside she finds a painting of a woman who looks like her and what is believed to be Saimdang's diary. The host gives her the painting and the book, saying they are meant to belong to her.

While she is having a hard time interpreting the old script in the book, a neighbor who teaches Chinese writing comes to help her. Although it is fantasy, the way it was presented has left viewers at a loss.

Lee's acting did not help. The actress, who debuted in the 1993 drama "How's Your Husband?" has never been a particularly good actress. Even in the mega hit "Dae Jang Geum" which lifted her to pan-Asian stardom, her acting was not particularly good.

"Saimdang" seems to be leaning on star power only, but this is not enough. Her performance fails to engage viewers in her character.

Lee's other role, as the Joseon-era Saimdang, did not prove compelling, either.

Because the series was completed before its premiere, making it impossible for changes to reflect viewers' opinions, the future looks distinctly gloomy.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2017/02/688_223253.html

i still like Lee Young-ae very much...

Lee Young Ae’s Grand Return To K-dramas In ‘Saimdang’

Lee-Young-Ae-Song-Seung-Heon

K-drama ‘Saimdang‘ is pulling out all stops, including a veteran cast and beautiful period costumes, you definitely have to watch it on Oh!K this February!

‘Saimdang’ is an intertwined journey of Jiyun (Starring Lee Young Ae), a university lecturer of Korean art in the present, and Shin Saimdang herself in the past comes alive in this brand new series.

After Jiyun stumbles upon the diary of historical figure Shin Saimdang, she becomes intrigued by a mysterious portrait that she finds inside of it. Looking to discover the history behind the picture, she takes it upon herself to locate the real portrait and through this, Saimdang’s love and life story awakens.

The drama stars Lee Young Ae of ‘Jewel in the Palace’ fame and Shin Seung Heon.

Don’t forget to tune in to ‘Saimdang’ every Wednesday and Thursday at 9pm on Oh!K (Astro B.yond Channel 394)!

http://k-popped.com/2017/02/lee-young-aes-grand-return-to-k-dramas-in-saimdang/

finally some good news....

Eps 3 & 4 have me a little concerned about the pacing and direction of the drama, particularly in terms of a rather lop-sided emphasis on the retelling of the past. While I understand the need to reveal the events described in the diary, in some ways, the direction has me actually forgetting that there is a dual timeline at play here. What also has me wincing is the suicide note of President Im, alluding to the fact that Sun Jin Group is in some way responsible for the collapse of JMS' company. I wish they had not gone down this track - seeing that they already have conspiracies galore in the Joseon era, and yet saw it fit to introduce deep dark corporate conspiracies in the present timeline as well, which to me is an overkill. Still, keeping fingers and toes crossed that the delicate balance between past and present will be handled seamlessly without any heavy-handedness going forward. 

Grouses aside, I am really enjoying the strong performances from the ensemble cast. Particular standout would be YSJ, who seamlessly played two different roles and effectively has me forgetting that the same person is in both timelines... believing his portrayal, be it as young, madly-in-love Lee Gyeom, and the spontaneous go-getter and fellow historical detective Han Sang Hyun. His chemistry with PHS in the past, and LYA in the present timeline is a joy to watch and I look forward to more of him as HSH. LYA is effortlessly, ethereally beautiful and elegant in both timelines (does the woman ever age?!) and I can't wait to join her on her journey as Saimdang, just as I am eagerly looking forward to SSH's Lee Gyeom to make his appearance, and see their chemistry together. 

The timelines, when taken separately, are beautifully done. I love how Saimdang and Lee Gyeom's love unfolded, and was torn apart thanks to the uncertain political climate, an erratic king and a vindictive rival. I applaud the cleverness of having a unique Biikjo seal which would be a clue for SJY to identify the real Mount Geumgang painting and confirm Saimdang's portrait was done by Lee Gyeom. My heart broke for Saimdang's parents as their desperation drove them to seek only their daughter's safety, while unflinchingly resigned to the death that would come for her father. And what a treat for the eyes, seeing how breathtaking the drawings are... and how exquisite the calligraphy. I am especially grateful for the latter, because I have seen my share of subpar written Hanja in kdramas trying to pass off as beautiful penmanship... so it is truly wonderful to see that they took especial care in this part of the production.

The present day is just as captivating now that we see actual sleuthing as SJY and HSH put their heads together to piece the mystery, and I love how they pore over the texts and follow the trail to try and find the real "Mount Geumgang" painting. Am rooting for both of them all the way, and while we have the setback with SJY's mother-in-law's disapproval, I hope that this will be quickly resolved with her coming clean about her findings and her efforts to restore her credibility in the academic world.

Am pleased that the alternate C-subbed versions of Eps3 & 4 are available (ending at the 40min mark of SBS's Ep4). Still no idea where it is airing, and why it is airing a different version, but I certainly derived a lot of enjoyment watching them and identifying the additional scenes (and the rearrangement of others). Here are the scenes from this week for those who are interested:

Older Lee Gyeom painting a funny face on the gisaeng

Lee Gyeom declaring he would never come back again after being splashed by urine

Lee Gyeom reminiscing about seeing Saimdang walk pass him after his conversation with his aunt

Seo Ji Yoon selling her branded bags and watches, a failed attempt to get a job and meeting Han Sang Hyun for more translation

Min Chi Hyung recalling the prime minister's words about his son just before the latter goes berserk over the poem

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

'Saimdang' fails to make the grade

By Park Jin-hai

The new SBS period drama "Saimdang, Memoir of Colors" had to wait two years to air since the first shooting took place in 2015.

The show fell victim to the chilly Korea-Sino relationship following the Korean government's announcement that it would deploy the U.S. Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system on its territory to protect the country from North Korean provocations.

The drama starring Lee Young-ae, heroine of the 2003 drama "Dae Jang Geum," which had global success, is the actress's comeback project after a 14-year hiatus, drawing much anticipation from Asian fans. The soap opera is said to be the next "Dae Jang Geum."

But after some initial hype and much publicity, the drama has fast been losing its appeal.

However, the third episode slipped to 13 percent and then its fourth episode to 12.3 percent, overtaken by MBC's workplace comedy "Good Manager."

It is still too early to talk about whether the drama will be a flop or not, but the 20 billion won production seems to lack fresh elements to lure viewers.

From the onset, the drama ― the story of Shin Saimdang, a Joseon-era artist and writer ― looked like it was about actress Lee, by Lee, and for Lee.

But the drama seems outdated.

Its main time-slip element, which could have been fresh if it was aired last year, looks too familiar, after recent dramas like "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" and "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God."

Apart from product placements spotted here and there from the first episode, including a juice mixer and a restaurant, its story leans too much on fortunate events lacking reasonable explanations.

The mirror suddenly breaks and reveals a chest. Inside she finds a painting of a woman who looks like her and what is believed to be Saimdang's diary. The host gives her the painting and the book, saying they are meant to belong to her.

While she is having a hard time interpreting the old script in the book, a neighbor who teaches Chinese writing comes to help her. Although it is fantasy, the way it was presented has left viewers at a loss.

Lee's acting did not help. The actress, who debuted in the 1993 drama "How's Your Husband?" has never been a particularly good actress. Even in the mega hit "Dae Jang Geum" which lifted her to pan-Asian stardom, her acting was not particularly good.

"Saimdang" seems to be leaning on star power only, but this is not enough. Her performance fails to engage viewers in her character.

Lee's other role, as the Joseon-era Saimdang, did not prove compelling, either.

Because the series was completed before its premiere, making it impossible for changes to reflect viewers' opinions, the future looks distinctly gloomy.

Why is it I find it uncomfortable reading what the writer has written?  I'm wondering whether the writer really watched it. 

But I do agree that the drama would have been better .. if it is shown not long after it has completed.

I will assume that the circa year in the drama (episode 3-4) is 1522 then later 1540

In 1522 Prime Minister of Joseon ( Yeonguijeong, 영의정,領議政) is Kim Jeon (김전,金詮 1458-1523) . He is the serving Prime Minister from 1520-1523 & he died during office. Having a son who does debauchery in the temple will sent him to his early grave as retribution 

In 1540, the political faction feud (Jungjong Queens family) will be between the Greater & Lesser Yuns

1544, Jungjong dies & succeed by Injong (back by Greater Yun, Yun Im - maternal Uncle to Injong) who only rule 9 months then succeed by Injong's brother Myeongjong but was too young to rule & his mother Queen Munjeong was Regent & was back by the Lesser Yun faction who was lead by Queen Munjeong younger brother Yun Won Hyeong who ironic married Kim Jeon's grand daughter but she was poison by Yun Won Hyeong's Concubine Jeong Nan Jeong, depicted in the MBC drama "Flower in Prison"

29 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Why is it I find it uncomfortable reading what the writer has written?  I'm wondering whether the writer really watched it. 

But I do agree that the drama would have been better .. if it is shown not long after it has completed.

Sorry, but I agree with the writer about: 

From the onset, the drama ― the story of Shin Saimdang, a Joseon-era artist and writer ― looked like it was about actress Lee, by Lee, and for Lee.

From the beginning ,they have using her star power. A lot of article about Saimdang only write LYA name and only little article write SSH. But, it's seem not working. It does not mean I do not like LYA, but this is the reality. In my country, SSH is more popular than LYA. I'm one of his fan. I'm a little disappointed at the beginning, a lot people said "SSH will ruin this drama but it's OK because LYA doesn't need strong male lead actor".

From episode 1 to 4, SSH only appear about around 5 minutes. This drama ratings have plummeted. It's funny if there is someone blame SSH ruining this drama.

But i don't agree with this one : Lee's acting did not help. The actress, who debuted in the 1993 drama "How's Your Husband?" has never been a particularly good actress. Even in the mega hit "Dae Jang Geum" which lifted her to pan-Asian stardom, her acting was not particularly good.

57 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

i feel the same...

7 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

I will assume that the circa year in the drama (episode 3-4) is 1522 then later 1540

In 1522 Prime Minister of Joseon ( Yeonguijeong, 영의정,領議政) is Kim Jeon (김전,金詮 1458-1523) . He is the serving Prime Minister from 1520-1523 & he died during office. Having a son who does debauchery in the temple will sent his to his early grave as retribution 

In 1540, the political faction feud (Jungjong Queens family) will be between the Greater & Lesser Yuns

1544, Jungjong dies & succeed by Injong (back by Greater Yun, Yun Im - maternal Uncle to Injong) who only rule 9 months then succeed by Injong's brother Myeongjong but was too young to rule & his mother Queen Munjeong was Regent & was back by the Lesser Yun faction who was lead by Queen Munjeong younger brother Yun Won Hyeong who ironic married Kim Jeon's grand daughter but she was poison by Yun Won Hyeong's Concubine Jeong Nan Jeong, depicted in the MBC drama "Flower in Prison"

:blush: Yes, the last part .... how we understand it very well.  Thank you.

@liddi

From what I gather from the clip & Min Chi Hyeong character description where "Min Chi Hyeong recalling Prime Minister's words about his son...." The birth mark berserk man is the Prime Minister's nephew who seem to have lost (death) his mother during the Gimyo Purge & suffered mental trauma & went on a killing spree at Eunpyeongsa (운평사) temple 

@gerrytan8063 Thank you for the clarification. I am curious who exactly is Min Chi Hyeong and his overt influence in carrying out mass slaughter, even storming Saimdang's home in broad daylight. Wasn't he supposed to be just a magistrate at the time, with strong business ties and aspirations? I understand his strategy of currying favour with the Prime Minister by covering up the evil doings of his family members at Eunpyeongsa temple, but how did he amass so much authority to do so? Am also curious how he would end up marrying Whieumdang, who was of lowly birth. Can't wait for the events to unfold.

Saimdang episode 5 preview: Lee Gyum to meet Whieumdang Choi; is wedding on the cards for them?

Episode 5 of Saimdang will continue to follow Seo Ji-yoon and Han Sang-hyun as they discover new details about the on-screen couple.

• February 3, 2017 15:49 IST
  •  

Saimdang

Ads by Kiosked

Song Seung-heon as Lee Gyum in SBS period drama Saimdang.Facebook/SBS

Saimdang: Light's Diary, a Korean series which is also known as Saimdang: Her Story, will be back with episode 5 next Wednesday, February 8, at 10pm KST on SBS. The historical drama will continue to follow the on-screen couple, Lee Gyum and Shin Saimdang.

The Legend Of The Blue Sea season 2: Nam Joo Hyuk-Lee Sung Kyung to play Heo Joon Jae-Shim Cheong?

In episode 4, the period drama focused on Whieumdang Choi's evil moves and featured the female lead's wedding with Lee Won-soo. It also portrayed King Joongjong as the male antagonist and showcased the demise of Shin Myung-hwa.

The sequel began by following the female lead on her trip to Unpyeongsa along with Yoon Ye-joo's character. Upon reaching there, they witnessed the slaughtering of slaves by officials. The reason for the massacre was a painting that had the king's poem written on it.

When King Joongjong came to know that his poem had been leaked and people were reciting it, he urged his commandant to kill all the scholars who received his poems. He even told official to slay the on-screen couple if they refuse to call off the wedding. So, Park Hye-soo's character was forced to marry another man to protect her lover.

Elsewhere, the female antagonist left clues for Unpyeongsa officials to identify the eyewitness of mass murder. Although they came to know that it was Shin Myung-hwa's daughter, they could not harm her.

After getting clues from Saimdang's diary about Ahnkyun's Keumkangsando, Seo Ji-yoon and Han Sang-hyun rushed to Ojukhean's wall. But they were disappointed to find out that it had been moved out from there.

Elsewhere, Kim Jung-hee became sceptical about her daughter-in-law's relationship with Yang Se-jong's character. She asked the former university lecturer to drop her research. Will she be able to convince her?

Watch Saimdang episode 5 next Wednesday at 10pm KST to know more about it. Until then, catch up with the first four episodes of the Korean mini-series online here.

The promo for the upcoming episode revolves around the lives of Lee Gyum and his lover. It shows Whieumdang Choi getting excited to hear about her secret crush and King Joongjong urging the male protagonist to keep an eye on Min Chi-hyung and Sam Jung-seung.

Watch the official trailer for the period drama below:

19 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

A bit confused with the romance direction on this drama... got hubby, song seung hun and yang se jong. And from this 3 YSJ is ny favourite pair with LYA.... lot of age different but they have great chemistry.. gosh i think i should drop this? Cos the pair impossible right?

Count me in. They're look cute together. Especially the scene "Who is that? Boyfriend". I laughed so hard.
Are they wasting to cast Kim Hae Sook in mother-in-law roles? That's not too much scenes or affect on the story.

Been waiting for this drama as LYA fan. after 4 eps, i have to say that the plot is going bit slow and confusing with the time jump n disclosing the fraud.

Overall, the cast has been stellar with their characters portrayal. Ysy is a gem. he totally nail his characters in both timelines. as a rookie taking on saeguk n as the main cast is really no joke. he will be going places. LYA is as pretty as ever n she is the poster girl for handok. am looking forward to her chemistry with SSH. so far LYA YSY couple is just so cute.

Ep3 n 4 are really laying the background for historical story which is bit heavy (for me). hope that with history lessons more or less done, we can jump right into the lifestory of Siamdang proper. n of cos LYA n SSH screen time together.

Hope the ratings will pick up or at least maintain.

@liddi

"I am curious who exactly is Min Chi Hyeong and his overt influence in carrying out mass slaughter, even storming Saimdang's home in broad daylight. Wasn't he supposed to be just a magistrate at the time, with strong business ties and aspirations? I understand his strategy of currying favour with the Prime Minister by covering up the evil doings of his family members at Eunpyeongsa temple, but how did he amass so much authority to do so? Am also curious how he would end up marrying Whieumdang, who was of lowly birth. "

Min Chi Hyeong is an government official with great aspiration of greed, he is after the monopoly of the paper trade which is a value commodity & will butter anybody to get that concession. You may have seen in the teaser that Shin Saimdang with the assistance of the people make or produce paper on their own

As for Eunpyeongsa temple, he was the Chief Instigator, since he order the killing, as for amassing authority, he had no authority just being a ruffian. Furthermore to cover his involvement in Eunpyeongsa, he will have to killed every witness or person that was present at Eunpyeongsa temple on that fateful day

As for Whieumdang then known as Seok Sun, she was the person that handed Shin Saimdang pictorial depiction of the debauchery scene to Min Chi Hyeong for him to pursue Shin Saimdang & will continue. Seok Sun was intelligent, so even if she was lowly birth or she could be from an impoverished aristocrat family, she would have the talent to climb up the social ladder with whatever education she had learn or pick up & as she too was a witness to the Eunpyeongsa massacre by marrying Min Chi Hyeong is a safety net as the Chinese saying goes, the most perilous place is the most safe

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Oh Yoon-ah's kid role Yoon Ye-joo's amazing performance

photo815453.jpg

Yoon Ye-joo is the new 'bad girl' and Oh Yoon-ah's take-over is very much anticipated.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Seok-soon (Yoon Ye-joo) cried in sorrow after she was ignored by Lee Gyeom (Yang Se-jong) whom she has a crush on.

Lee Gyeom rode his horse to the place where Saimdang was hurt. He ran into Seok-soon who was coming down with the injured Saimdang and just picked Saimdang up. Seok-soon had a huge crush on Lee Gyeom enough to have hidden Saimdang's letter to him.

Seok-soon ran into Lee Gyeom once again while he was on his way to get the medic to treat Saimdang. She blocked his path and said, "I am hurt too". However, Lee Gyeom gave her some money and said, "Get yourself something to treat it".

Seok-soon argued, "Can't you see me? Don't you care if I get eaten by wolves in the middle of the mountains?" Lee Gyeom ignored her and walked by her. She threw down the money he gave her and cried. She then gave Saimdang's hair ribbon and picture book to Min Chi-hyeong (Choi Cheol-ho).

Jealousy has over swept Seok-soon and she's turned into a bad girl who wants to kill Saimdang. At the end of the episode, the grown-up Saimdang appeared and so did the grown-up Seok-soon and Hwieumdang Choi (Oh Yoon-ah).

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Archived