[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 3

32733357851_308964fb01_n.jpg

The Goddess of Mercy seen by young Shin Saimdang at Eunpyeongsa temple & Seo Ji Yun known the said painting by its reference is " Water-Moon Avalokiteshvara painting" (Su Wol Gwan Eum Do, 수월관음도, 水月觀音圖) circa 1426. As mentioned by Han Sang Hyeon that the said painting is now house in Senso-ji temple (Senso-sa, 센소지, 淺草寺) in Asakusa, Tokyo, Japan

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4lv95RqjN6k-1y6R7ffC

4 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@andy78

" i bet is their fault otp won't be together... "

They cannot be together as history doesn't allow them

yes...but since is a drama i wonder if those two won't have something to do...

4 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Episode 3

The Goddess of Mercy

thanks so much ...so was The Goddess of Mercy she was so fascinated and painted it...

i wonder why the king was so upset in the preview and why all those people were killed

4 hours ago, Chi Le said:

1.[SBS] Saimdang, Light's Diary: 16.3→13.0

whew... the rating dropped almost 3%. Maybe this show such a heavy drama without humor inside. But i think i'll endure watching because of the leads and storyline.

Episode 3 

Yi Gyeom is presume to be descendant (grandson) from Jeonju Yi Clan (Joseon Royal Household) Grand Prince Impyeong Yi Gu (임영대군 이구, 臨瀛大君 李璆 1420-1469) lineage . When he came to asked the had of marriage of Shin Saimdang & giving Shin Myeong Hwa his lineage, he wrote that he is the posterity of Jeonju Yi clan & his name is Yi Gyeom ( 전주 이겸 全州 李岒historically doesn't exist) & his investiture title is "Ui Seong Gun (의성군)

Shin Saimdang wanted to copy An Gyeon Geumgangsan painting but since she had never been up to Geumgangsan, her art had no spirit & it is just a "photostat". Jungjong encourage her to go up Geumgangsan for inspiration but Shin Saimdang said that a woman can go up to the mountain since it is punishable by law of 100 lashes of cane. Later in Shin Saimdang's life, this will not stop her

I had explained many a times in historical drama thread, recently in Flower in Prison thread about the Gimyo Purge of 1519, so I will not do it here. This drama show that Shin Myeong Hwa was associated with Jo Gwang Jo & his faction & as historical suggested that due to political conflicts, Shin Myeong Hwa never serve in Jungjong government. 

Just to point out some historical facts that the year 1522, when Shin Shimdang marries Yi Won Su, Shin Myeong Hwa also dies that year. It is obvious that Jungjong poem of regrets will not sit well with the ruling faction & Shin Saimdang wrote the 2 verses on her Goddess of Mercy painting which brought grievances to the Eunpyeongsa temple

With the historical flashback is given, Seo Ji Yun must prove that the present An Gyeon Geumgangsan must have the "wing seal" of Shin Saimdang & Yi Gyeom to prove that the painting is genuine or not. In the 1st episode, in Tuscany, Italy, Yi Gyeom was wearing Shin Saimdang's carve seal on his neck & Shin Saimdang portray of the beauty have the seal stamp 

I like the Seo Ji Yun & Han Sang Hyeon relationship as they play Detective in solving the Geumgangsan theory via Shim Saimdang's diary. It is cute that Han Sang Hyeon does such a formal bow to Seo Ji Yun's mother in law to introduce himself

Some of you may wonder why Shin Saimdang (신사임당, 申師任堂) is known as Saimdang (師任堂) rather than her given name as Shin In Seon (신인선,申仁善)

In East Asia culture, artists & poets give themselves pseudonym, art name, pen-name known as Ho (호,號) rather than their given name (usually given by parents or elders) in which they will sign their painting or poems with the said name. In the example of Shin Saimdang, it is known as a Dang Ho ( 당호,堂號, literally means house name)

Shin Saimdang pen-name or art-name was given by her father Shin Myeong Hwa from the classics (confucianism) in the honour of Taerim (태임,太任) who was the mother of King Wen (文王) of the Western Zhou Dynasty who was a revered mother & exemplary wife. She was also credited to the rise of Zhou Dynasty, as she was the mother of King Wen, the founder of the dynasty

Shin Myeong Hwa wants his daughter to learn () from Taerim in order for her to be an exemplary woman like Taerim (太任)

In this drama, Shim Saimdang rival also known by her house name as Hwieumdang Choi clan  ( 휘음당 최 씨,  徽音堂 崔氏). She most probably gave herself this name by naming herself after  徽音 who was a famous woman with a beautiful name taken from the Book of Songs or Odes ( 시경, 詩經)

There is a Gangneung Choi clan (강릉최씨, 江陵崔氏 )

Lee Young-ae, "Saimdang: Light's Diary" unravels the secret to the Biikjo seal

Spoiler

photo814992.jpg

Lee Young-ae found a way to recover her reputation.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Seo Ji-yoon (Lee Young-ae) found a way to authenticate the Geumgang painting by Ahn Gyeon via Saimdang's diary.

Seo Ji-yoon read down the diary with Han Sang-hyeon's (Yang Se-jong) help and there, she discovered a line where young Saimdang (Park Hye-soo) presented young Lee Gyeom (Yang Se-jong) with a Biikjo Seal. She drew the seal herself in prior to their wedding.

Saimdang wrote, "This is a Biikjo. It is a legendary bird which only has one eye and one wing. Please fill in the other half of the Biikjo yourself on our wedding day, so that they can become one and fly away. Saimdang and Lee Gyeom wrote down their feelings on Ahn Gyeon's Geumgang painting, sealing it with the Biikjo.

Han Sang-hyeon read the diary and said, "Does this mean that the Geumgang Painting really has the Biikjo Seal of Saimdang and Lee Gyeom?" Seo Ji-yoon looked for the painting she found in Italy and looked for the seal. The seal was also imprinted on the portrait of Saimdang Lee Gyeom drew.

Seo Ji-yoon's reputation was buried to the ground because she suspected the authenticity of Ahn Gyeon's Geumgang Painting presented by her teacher Min Jeong-hak (Choi Jong-hwan). Now she found out the truth to the painting and may have earned herself a chance to recover her reputation.

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" and "Chief Kim", 0.2% gap

Will "Saimdang: Light's Diary" and "Chief Kim" take a turn of events?

According to Nielsen Korea, the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary" rated 13.0%.

KBS "Chief Kim" hit 12.8% and MBC "Missing Nine" rated 4.8%.

There is only a 0.2% gap between "Saimdang: Light's Diary" and "Chief Kim".

"Chief Kim" entered the 10s in just one week and has been increasing quickly.

http://www.hancinema.net/saimdang-light-s-diary-and-chief-kim-0-2percent-gap-102896.html

9 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@andy78

Bikijo (비익조, 比翼鳥 - legendary pair of birds) means a pair of birds a male & female that cannot fly part from each other as each had only a eye & a wing. It is only when they are together that they can fly. It symbolises love in marriage, brotherhood or sisterhood  

thanks so much...so they thought their love is like those birds so beautiful...today ep will be a sad one...she agrees to marry somebodyelse!!!I wonder what happened ...

Back Then On That Day - Hyemi IFIESTAR)

The moment I first saw you
I can’t forget
Without a word, we just smiled
Back then, on that day

The sunlight is falling
It makes me hear your pretty eyes
On whatever part of me it reaches
It becomes a light, if it’s you

I know, I know, this is love
I’ve waited for you for so long
Step by step, I’ll slowly go to you
Don’t get any farther
From my side

We were so close that we could touch
But we held onto our hearts and covered our lips
Back then, on that day

The wind is blowing again
It’s rising up, your soft smile
If I wait, if time passes
Will you come? Even if it’s in my dreams?

I know, I know, this is love
I’ve waited for you for so long
Step by step, I’ll slowly go to you
Don’t get any farther
Listen to my heart

Will I see you again?
I’m closing my eyes
In case you come to my dreams

I love you, I love you, I only called out in my heart
But now I will tell you how I feel
I want to love only you, forever
My heart is only calling out to you
Listen to it

CR: Popgasa

Spoiler

Cr: The owner

In the Jungjong flashback where Jo Gwang Jo was in meeting with his faction & Shin Myeong Hwa walks out of the meeting in disagreement. There was a historical character introduced as  Baek In Geol (백인걸,白仁傑 1497-1579). He is going to be Yulgok Yi I's teacher. 

32041782183_d0938e7db4_n.jpg

Something to note that in Jo Gwang Jo's meeting, from the participant of the meeting only 3 person had survive the literati purge of 1519 besides Shin Myeong Hwa

that awfull girl did not give her the letter ...she plays so dirty...hiddes the letter and even read it...saimdang drew those nobles and women party...that horrible girl went to the place saimdang waited for her lover ... Min Chi-Hyung  talking with a  spy...

Shin Saimdang  and that awfull girl walking...my stream stopped ...works again both girl are runing in the woods some men are following them...i guess the poor people were killed ...fat maid told Gyeom about Saimdang WHERE SHE WAS ...He found her and brought her home ...she just left that bad  girl there

He told Saimdang parents he will go and bring the doctor ...on his way he met that girl he told her Saimdang need help...i need help too she cries ...he only gave her money...later she found Saimdang notebook with paintings ...evil look ...she make sure MIN CH will receive it ...Min ordered that notebook and scarf owner to be killed ...Min and his men are searching

KING IS HEARING PEOPLE TALKING HE LOOKS WORRIED ...SCARED THE MAN HE IS WITH IS TRYING TO CALM HIM

FAT MAID SAW MIN MEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE ...SHE INFORMS HER MASTERS ...LORD SHIN AND HIS SERVANTS ARE BURNING THE PAINTINGS ...SAIMDANG DID NOT LET HER MOM TO BURN GYEUM PAINTING ...MIN IS INFORMED BY ONE OF HIS MEN THE GIRL WHO PAINTED THEIR SECRET PARTY IS LORD SHIN DAUGHTER

Archived