[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MEN IN BLACK ARE ATACKING SHIN HOUSE ..A MAN CAME IN LORD SHIN ROOM...SEEMS KING SENT HIM...IS THE MAN KING WAS WITH...HE POINTED LORD SHIN WITH HIS SWORD ...LORD SHIN WIFE CAME IN ...ASKED HIM TO SAVE THAT CHILD...SAIMDANG CAME IN ...IS BEGGING HER PARENTS ...IS CRYING ...ASKED THEM NOT TO HARM THAT PERSON AGREES TO MARRY SOMEBODYELSE

Next morning dad went to Lee Won-Soo house ...omg ...we see wedding preparations....a servant tells Gyeum she is marrying ...Min and his men...now we see Gyeum arrived ...wedding day ...groom looks so happy ...otp hearbroken ...servants stopped Gyeum

MIN AND HIS MEN IN FRONt OF SHIN HOUSE ...MASKED KING BODYGUARD PROTECTS HIM ...FIGHTING MIN MEN...SEVANTS LOCKED UP GYEUM ...MIN WATCHES THAT MAN SCARED ...DAD IS WRITTING A LETTER ...OH NO THERE IS BLOOD ...DAD DIED

OH NO GEYEUM IS FREE...WENT TO HER HOUSE...IS DAD FUNERAL ...HE HUGGS HER AND ASKED HER TO RUN AWAY ...SHE SAID NO...HER HUSBAND IS CALLING HER

22 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

I really worried about tomorrow ratings. I hope it don't down to much. Keep the ratings just like legend of the blue sea.

I'm also worried

9 hours ago, Ahjumma08 said:

whew... the rating dropped almost 3%. Maybe this show such a heavy drama without humor inside. But i think i'll endure watching because of the leads and storyline.

i saw the 4th episode preview, no SSH in that episode. i'm waiting for SSH appearance. 

Han Sang-Hyun  and Seo Ji-Yoon on a motocycle ...so funny ...they went somewhere ...arrived to a house ...i thik is Saimdang's house ...there is a painting...they are in a bus on their way back she mentioned Tuscany...Wants to go there together? Ji-Yoon MIL and her son walking ...lady looks uncomfortable ...Han Sang-Hyun  and Seo Ji-Yoon on a motocycle arrived son is happy to see her....her MIL is not too happy

JY son needs money for school asked mom if they have money i think...mom told him not to worry Han Sang-Hyun   is doing some research ...BACK TO JOSEON ... Saimdang IN FRONT of her dad grave...is her adult version ...end of ep

from preview

we see otp lives

Gyeum became a playboy ....parties and women...but just SAIMDANG IN HIS HEART

He meets the king ...agrees to marry

King asked his help

Saimdang and her children

Gyeum watching her from far

MIN and that awful girl married....became evil couple...

i wonder why dad still had to die and why she agrees to marry Lee WS???what happened?Why MIN tried to kill her?only because she painted their party?

@andy78 , if not because of the mother who entered the room (and said something), the father might have been killed right away.  It is related to the verse of poem that he received, copied by Saimdang.  So many people had to die...

That Prime Minister's son is also involved in the killing.  They are trying to cover it up.

It is so cute that Han Sang Hyeon want to go to Ojukheon, Gangneung in Gangwon-do with his vespa scooter with Seo Ji Yun as the pillion passenger. Seo Ji Yun pull his ears.....it is a 3 hours drive from Seoul to Gangneung

In the preview this painting said to been painted by Yi Gyeom 

c2955049e93062ec3a4e8dc761709476.jpg

Yi Am (이암, 李巖 1499-?) The painting of Mother Dog & Puppies ( 구도,狗圖), currently hanging at the National Museum of Korea, Seoul

The painting portrays the warm atmosphere surrounding a dog & her puppies. Yi Am is known for his uniquely Korean style in his painting. His subject of the dog & puppies are main while the trees are at the background as a brief description. Yi Am usually paints cat & dogs as his subject 

9 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

It is so cute that Han Sang Hyeon want to go to Ojukheon, Gangneung in Gangwon-do with his vespa scooter with Seo Ji Yun as the pillion passenger. Seo Ji Yun pull his ears.....it is a 3 hours drive from Seoul to Gangneung

In the preview this painting said to been painted by Yi Gyeom 

Yi Am (이암, 李巖 1499-?) The painting of Mother Dog & Puppies ( 구도,狗圖), currently hanging at the National Museum of Korea, Seoul

The painting portrays the warm atmosphere surrounding a dog & her puppies. Yi Am is known for his uniquely Korean style in his painting. His subject of the dog & puppies are main while the trees are at the background as a brief description. Yi Am usually paints cat & dogs as his subject 

We are going to see the painting next week as in the preview :)

It was a nice surprise to see her on a scooter... 

Saw the ending credits, and I noticed the OST songs:

Part 1 is Back in the Day by Fiestar's Hyemi.

Aside from Hyemi, the following will participate in Saimdang's OST album (10 parts):

- LYn and her husband Lee Soo (of MC the Max fame)

- Zia

- Kim Bum Soo

- Anda (note: she's also acting in Saimdang, her agency is the co-producer of the series and of its OST album)

- The One

- Melody Day

- Kim Yuna

- HowL (executive producer of Saimdang OST)

As I also noticed, both Emperor Entertainment (Anda's agency and co-producer of Saimdang) and Loen Entertainment (agency of Hyemi, Zia and Melody Day) are in the credits.

@andy78

" i wonder why dad still had to die and why she agrees to marry Lee WS???what happened?Why MIN tried to kill her?only because she painted their party?

Jungjong character is shown here as a coward. He made a political blunder by writing the poem of regret but ended up at public knowledge therefore Jungjong need to retract his poem which he wrote as he sign it off as with his given name Yi Yeok  (이역,李懌)& erase of his visit to Gangenung.

32856706605_ab1bcbd38d_n.jpg

Jungjong in history was place on the throne by the usurper of Yeonsangun, therefore Jungjong didn't ascend the throne on his merits or right of succession. In his reign he didn't exert Royal authority freely. Opportunity came for Jungjong to solidified came from Jo Gwang Jo & his faction but as we all known that it ended disastrous with the Literati Gimyo Purge of 1519. He never had the chance to Royal Authority but his reign is marred by political faction feuds

As to Shin Saimdang marries Yi Won Su is because the purpose of Jungjong coming to Gangneung is for Yi Gyeom there Mrs Shin tells that if Shin Saimdang marries someone else to save her from this "annihilation" then Jungjong visit will never be an acknowledgement & Yi Gyeom a Royal relation will not be associated with present "annihilation"

Min wanting to kill Shin Saimdang is because that she drew the debauchery scene at Eunpyeongsa Temple, like a photograph, it is picture evidence to the misdeeds of the birth mark aristocrat

Shin Saimdang's family although they are literati intellect but they cannot escape literati purges that was rampant in the 15th & 16th century

Shin Saimdang maternal grandfather Yi Sa On was involve in Gapsa Sahwa (갑자사화, 甲子士禍  the 2nd literati purge of 1504, the year Shin Saimdang was born) which involves whole families & relatives being punished as well & a greater death toll than the 1st purge in 1498. You can see the fear in Mrs Shin what literati purges can do since there is already 2 great purges in 1498 & 1504

Shin Myeong Hwa involve in the Gimyo Purge of 1519 as depicted in the drama

There is also another incident which link to the Purge of 1519 known as "False Treason Case of 1521 (Sinsa Muok ,신사무옥) where Gwang-jo's supporters were accused of plotting to assassinate Nam Gon and Shim Jeong & were executed. 

The next purge comes in 1545. Flower in Prison depicts this purge

Yulgok Yi I was too young to be involve

The very heartbreaking moment when Lee Gyeom hugged saimdang and asked her to escape with :bawling:

I've been curious about Yang Se Jong since RDTK and i love his double roles here, esp when he cried sorrowfully.

About the present, what's the relation between Ji yoon and Sang Hyun? Is there any loveline or just sunbae-honbae noona-dongsaeng relationship?  

Archived