[Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기

Kaizen68

I wonder if the entire exposition of Saimdang's life we see so far, is from HSH's translation. Certainly, scenes that Saimdang herself could not have been privy to unless narrated to her and documented much later makes me conclude that this is not so much Saimdang's diary per se, but her memoirs. We shall see. 

The pacing remains slow, and the intercut between past and present a little jerky. However, I am still intrigued and eagerly await events to unfold in the past, just as I love how HSH is there for SJY when she needs him. The Sun Jin Group conspiracy stays a mystery for now, but I like that, just SJY is retracing Saimdang's steps, her husband too is retracing hers and recalling her uncertainty over the authenticity of Mount Geumgang that is displayed, for his investigations. Can't wait to see Lee Gyeom and Saimdang finally meet and confront each other... and see him rise from his self-inflicted stupor to be the man that she fell in love with again. Am not so keen though to see Hwieumdang plot against Saimdang once more over Lee Gyeom, though the way things are playing out, I guess it is inevitable. 

The alternate version ends at the 35min mark of the SBS version. This time, we see additional scenes in both versions... for example, MCH's cruel punishment of his slave was not featured in its alternate counterpart. However, the alternate version gives us at least 2 extra scenes... the 2nd of which features a beautiful soundtrack, so achingly poignant, tracing the love that passed them by:

Greater detail of how Hwieumdang prepares for the banquet, customising the gifts to each person. Here she also mentions how she has been with MCH for 20 years.

As LG and Saimdang unknowingly cross paths, we see a long flashback to their younger selves, against the backdrop of a stunningly beautiful soundtrack

I am sorry to see that the ratings continue to suffer. While it does have its flaws, I find myself continually drawn to this drama, and I truly hope that subsequent episodes will see it live up to all the built-up expectations we have, and recapture the market once more.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, liddi said:

Greater detail of how Hwieumdang prepares for the banquet, customising the gifts to each person. Here she also mentions how she has been with MCH for 20 years.

As LG and Saimdang unknowingly cross paths, we see a long flashback to their younger selves, against the backdrop of a stunningly beautiful soundtrack

I am sorry to see that the ratings continue to suffer. While it does have its flaws, I find myself continually drawn to this drama, and I truly hope that subsequent episodes will see it live up to all the built-up expectations we have, and recapture the market once more.

@liddi, I'm thankful you are here to show the one that we are not able to see.  Well, it seems they are going to do a little bit of editing but I'm not sure it will help.  Still I'm going to watch it till the end... I'm curious of what is going to happen, really.

'Same Party', 'Lee Young Ae X Song Seung Heon' still power! 1st place in audience rating such as Taiwan and Singapore

'Sajeongdang, a diary of light' has overtaken both the audience rating and the subjectivity in overseas and announced the start of the fever.

Seo Ji-yoon (Lee Young-ae), a time lecturer who majored in Korean art history, came up with a chance to come to Korea with a chance to come to Korea from the SBS drama special drama 'Sai-dang, a diary of light' (directed by Yoon Sang- The founder, Sai-dang (Lee Young-ae), is a story that traces the secrets of the diary from past to present. This work depicts the immortal relationship between the life of a genius painter Sai-dang and the life of 'Chosun-Gates Gatsby' (Song Seung-heon).

'Same Party', 'Lee Young Ae X Song Seung Heon' still power! 1st place in audience rating such as Taiwan and Singapore
/ Photo = Group Eight, Emperor Entertainment Korea

Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon's comeback has been hot and explosive, as expected, in response to the ' The audience rating proves this. KTV, Pay-TV, and GTV-D in South-East Asia including Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

In particular, 'Simei-dong', which occupies the highest position with 55% of the audience share in 'KOREAN GENERAL ENTERTAINMENT' in the Oh! K channel, has a hot topic with 230% ahead of its rivals . Local media, including Singapore, are also showing a keen interest in reporting the ratings of the 'Siding Party' every day.

Taiwan's GTV-D also ranked # 1 in the same time zone, raising a big topic. Taiwan GTV was broadcast on 'Dae Jang Geum'. 'Same Party' has a high rating compared to previous Korean dramas, as well as the first time audience rating of the same time zone.

More encouraging is local response. The visual and hottie, which have come back for 13 years and 4 years, attracted the attention of Visual and Hot Yoon, who have deviated from the years of Lee Young Ae and Song Seung Heon. The beauty of showing Korean color and fashion such as Hanbok, I am capturing. The fact that Sajimang and Seoji Yoon are in front of the drama also captivated the hearts of the main audiences. It is expected that the audience rating will be more resilient after the 5th time adult actors such as Lee Young Ae, Song Seung Heon and Oh Yoon Ah appear full-fledged.

Taiwanese viewers who had received the broadcast showed the reaction such as "Lee, Young-ae, .. more forward" and "the scenery of Korea was so beautiful." In Japan, , "Even the introduction is the best. I'm completely attracted. I look forward to further development. "

Meanwhile, 'Simei-dang', through the Unpyeong case, announced the start of full-fledged talks with the fate of major figures such as Sajimang, Lee Sik, Seok Soon, It is also expected to see how the story of Siberia 's rival 음 음 당 당 당 당 당 당 당 가 가 가 가 가 is expected to unfold. The 6th edition of 'Siding Party' will be broadcast on SBS on Thursday night (10th).

/ Seo Kyeong Star News reporter sestar@sedaily.com

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1OC115MUPP

started...otp together ...heartbreaking reunion ...he is so upset seeing she is not happy and working like a maid...confronts her ...she mentioned her dad death...told him to talk lower ...her kids are there ...such a sad scene

GYEUM LOOKS SO SAD...SS IS WATCHING HER DAUGHTERS SLEEPING...FLASHBACKS WITH THE DAY SHE TOLD HER PARENTS SHE WILL MARRY SOMEBODYELSE ...IN HIS ROOM HE CAN'T SLEEP EITHER

SS AND HER KIDS...KIDS ARE SAD ONE OF THEM SAID THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR GRANNY ...SS SAID THIS IS THE PLACE THEY WILL LIVE FROM NOW ON ...ONE OF HER BOYS IS SO UPSET SS PROMISSED SHE WILL SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS SOON...THEY ARE CLEANING THE HOUSE

HE PAINTED THAT DOG AND THE PUPPIES SENT IT TO HER ...SHE IS TOUCHED ...WROTE SOMETHING SEUL JY AND HER SON WATCHING THAT PAINTING ,MOM AND SON MOMENT ...ON STREET THEY MEET THE FAT LADY ...JY AND HER MIL ARE CLEANING THE HOUSE OLD LADY IS NOT TO HAPPY ...MORE TENDER MOMENTS WITH HER SON...

4 hours ago, liddi said:

I wonder if the entire exposition of Saimdang's life we see so far, is from HSH's translation. Certainly, scenes that Saimdang herself could not have been privy to unless narrated to her and documented much later makes me conclude that this is not so much Saimdang's diary per se, but her memoirs. We shall see. 

The pacing remains slow, and the intercut between past and present a little jerky. However, I am still intrigued and eagerly await events to unfold in the past, just as I love how HSH is there for SJY when she needs him. The Sun Jin Group conspiracy stays a mystery for now, but I like that, just SJY is retracing Saimdang's steps, her husband too is retracing hers and recalling her uncertainty over the authenticity of Mount Geumgang that is displayed, for his investigations. Can't wait to see Lee Gyeom and Saimdang finally meet and confront each other... and see him rise from his self-inflicted stupor to be the man that she fell in love with again. Am not so keen though to see Hwieumdang plot against Saimdang once more over Lee Gyeom, though the way things are playing out, I guess it is inevitable. 

The alternate version ends at the 35min mark of the SBS version. This time, we see additional scenes in both versions... for example, MCH's cruel punishment of his slave was not featured in its alternate counterpart. However, the alternate version gives us at least 2 extra scenes... the 2nd of which features a beautiful soundtrack, so achingly poignant, tracing the love that passed them by:

Where you get this version? I thought this drama was band in China

SS,HER HUSBAND AND KIDS ...HE IS EATING A LOT HIS WIFE AND KIDS WATCHING HIM ...KING ,NOBLES ,GYEUM...KING LIKES A PAINTING VERY MUCH ...IS HAPPY THAT GYEUM IS PAINTING AGAIN...FLASHBACK WITH HAPPY MOMENTS ...YOUNG GYEUM ...KING LAUGHING WATCHING HIS DRAWS

MIN DOES NOT LOOK HAPPY SEEING GYEUM SUCCES ...KING SEEMS TO LIKE GYEUM IDEA...GYEUM FLASHBACKS...SS AGAIN...HER WORDS ,I THINK WAS HER IDEA

MIN WIFE IS WATCHING GYEUM FROM FAR LOOKS SAD ...MIN IS PLOTING AGAINST GYEUM...SS HUSBAND PLAYING WITH HIS KIDS TELLING THEM GHOSTS STORY...LOOKS LIKE A BIG BOY...SS SMILLES ...GOES IN THE ROOM ...SS AND HER HUSBAND SCENE...TALKING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED ...SEEMS SHE IS THE ONLY ADULT THERE ...

14 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

Where you get this version? I thought this drama was band in China

I'm sorry but I have no idea who subbed it nor where it is aired either... I just caught it on one of the Chinese streaming sites and noticed that it was different from the SBS version.

Episode 6

Shin Saimdang makes Hwajeon (화전, 花煎) for Deposed Queen Shin, as they are neighbours

Hwajeon (화전,花煎), is a tteok (rice cake) made from glutinous flour & sugar pressed with edible flower petals then pan-fried in oil

Deposed Queen Shin of Geochang clan (폐비 신씨, 廢妃 愼氏 1476-1537). She was the Queen Consort to Yeonsangun (10th Joseon King). It looks like her longevity had been extended in this drama

Archived