[Drama 2014] ●- Modern Farmer ❀ 모던 파머 -●

Maetawinz

Possible spoiler.

Hongki dyed his hair black. Is this for a more mature look? Was this change made so he would look more compatible with YoonHee? :-?

I may have been mistaken and that the photo I saw posted today was an old photo. Mianhae

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pipitawati

@aidsincera,  I love you for light up my day with your meme  >:D<
I think, Hyuk only try to keep his promise to YN that's why he can't spill it out to his friends, maybe like what @bella1025 said, he just trying to protect MK and YN(maybe).  but I feel that his lying also connected to his mother.  I remember he said that his mother died 8 years ago.  Is it the same time the band break up.  Maybe because of this,  he carried the guilty, grief and angry to himself without unable to tell YN's secret.  It makes him acting like a jerks to his friend. 
for me,  Hyuk is like a wound child. He seeks love from YH.  I believe he's falling for YH and try to convey his feeling. but the way he show it..just wrong.  I think he's also not just someone who can close with kids.  I am like that before I have a nephew.  That's why he only convey his feeling to YH only not her son.   But I do really think that YH has not any feeling for Hyuk.  So, I believe that this couple won't work.
The character for Hyuk is interesting I think.  I likes it full of layer.  The outside layer is full of smiling.  But I feel that he's been hurting inside. The writter need to layering Hyuk's feeling.   I hope in the next episode we can see more of Hyuk's feeling... maybe with uncover YN's secret and story about his mother/father.  

I don't know.  this drama is only 6 episodes left,  but I felt that many mistery is remained uncover.  since many character in this dram has its own story.  I hope the writter don't make a rush ending for it. 

@bella1025, Even though Hyuk has acted the way he did, I haven't seen MinKi care much to get the truth out of him anyways. But we shall see how it unfolds!

This drama is too hilarious to be acting too serious... Can't wait for the next 2 episodes!

@stuartjmz Yes, he has kept his promise to YN, but to constantly attack her for it? Bullying is a virtue now? IF he had agreed to that promise, that still doesn't excuse the fact that he has constantly been a do*che to her. I don't know what YN's secret is, I'm not even sure of the extent of whatever sin it is that she has committed against MK, but if Hyuk wants to agree to cover for it then why be an as* about it? 
I just don't get all the secrecy, or maybe the secret's just eating him inside... and his attitude became twisted because of it? What a load of bullsh*t. I don't get how he can keep a secret of someone he clearly detest, at the expense of his friendship with MK--who has no idea what the deal is with Hyuk's attitude towards YN. He has consistently mocked MK for being protective of YN, like he knows a dark secret of hers, but is unwilling to be honest. Does he really want to protect MK or simply keep YN's secret? Because I don't have any idea what Hyuk's taking to addle his brain like that, MK's not going to see YN in a different light if he's not told of the real picture about her. He won't stop seeing her as friend or romantic interest even if Hyuk is against it, so if that's how Hyuk wants to protect MK.. I don't know what to think anymore. LOL 
And yes, I agree on your take about MK. He is one of the most aggravating male lead I've encountered because of his treatment of YH. But I think that after years and years of watching Kdramas, I'm pretty sure it's all bluster and he still has feelings for YH after all these years. I think I read somewhere that MK was a bit of YH's stalker, and then got his heart broken, so seeing her after all these years, must have affected him. There's just too much taunting of YH from MK's side for it not to read as anything but I'm-flaunting-my-shiny-pretty-idol-gf-and-you-can't-hold-a-candle-to-her-thanks-for-rejecting-me-in-the-past to me =)) I've seen way too many male leads like this, and I've become immune. I'm more weirded out by boys who has constant smiley face masks.    

stuartjmz said: bella1025 said:

I just don't get all the secrecy, or maybe the secret's just eating him inside... and his attitude became twisted because of it?

This is exactly what I think's happened. He swore to keep it secret, and that's been corrosive. But he obviously still thinks it will hurt MK less to keep secret than to open up. I expect Yoo Na herself will spill the beans soonish. 

Bella1025:  
Yeah he's hiding a secret from MinKi and other things that has hapeened in the past between them, but I don't think that makes him a totally bad person beyond hating him. And yes, there are many issues that needs to be tackle other than just the one surrounding HYUK.... Lol! With the ex-husband back, there are probably more important issues to point out other then HYUK being the only issue here. XD

stuartjmz said: bella1025 said:
I think that Hyuk wants YN to sever ties with MK, so as not to expose the big secret and hurt MK(?), but isn't lying by omission going to hurt MK too. I just feel like Hyuk has a really twisted logic of how to protect people. =))

He's not "lying by omission". He has never evaded any question. He's simply keeping a secret he promised to keep.  There has been no dishonesty on his part. To lie by omission means to deceive by withholding information, but he has not deceived anyone. He's allowed MK to think ill of ihm, but hat's not lying by omission, because if MK really trusted his friend he would have accepted that Hyuk must have had a reason to do what he did. To accuse him of "lying by omission" means that everyone who ever plans a surprise for someone is "lying by omission" by keeping it secret. 

This drama make me feel warm and hurt at the same time... the lovely n fun scene here n there, and some sad moment, and actually I don't know why when I saw Hyuk, I feel pain, even I saw him smile. why? Like I can feel something there. Right now, saw YH - MK relationship made this drama my priority.

Guest ftiamor

partyon said: @ftiamor How about we agree to disagree? :) This is just a show and people always interpret things differently. Sometimes the director also chooses on purpose to portray things in an ambiguous way. It's very difficult to say who is right or who is wrong, and that is not the point either. Everyone has the right to enjoy the show and have the opinions they have. I respect your opinions. Let's be friends? :-bd :)

Cracked up when Ki-joon's mom came to town. So long until next Saturday and more Ki-joon / Hwa-ran moments.

Guest ftiamor

Coollness said: @bella1025, Even though Hyuk has acted the way he did, I haven't seen MinKi care much to get the truth out of him anyways. But we shall see how it unfolds!

This drama is too hilarious to be acting too serious... Can't wait for the next 2 episodes!

Guest ftiamor

bella1025 said: stuartjmz said: bella1025 said:
I think that Hyuk wants YN to sever ties with MK, so as not to expose the big secret and hurt MK(?), but isn't lying by omission going to hurt MK too. I just feel like Hyuk has a really twisted logic of how to protect people. =))

He's not "lying by omission". He has never evaded any question. He's simply keeping a secret he promised to keep.  There has been no dishonesty on his part. To lie by omission means to deceive by withholding information, but he has not deceived anyone. He's allowed MK to think ill of ihm, but hat's not lying by omission, because if MK really trusted his friend he would have accepted that Hyuk must have had a reason to do what he did. To accuse him of "lying by omission" means that everyone who ever plans a surprise for someone is "lying by omission" by keeping it secret. 

Guest ftiamor

partyon said: ftiamor said: hyhee309 said:

By the way, i was shocked to know that our Bulja is 13 years older than Kwak Dong Yeon! The age gap is not obvious at all. I thought she could be in her early 20's but not that she is already 30! 

Guest ftiamor

And i'm so happy that we have a new rival for Minki. He needed that someone come and punch him on face to wake up and do something to clear the mess in his heart and to win Yoonhee if he doesn't want to lose such a wonderful woman like her!  >:) Actually i don't hate Hyuk, i'm just disappointed that he is not as good as i expected from the second lead. i just wanted a good boy whom i can sympathize. Well, he is handsome, but that's not enough. Now i have lots of hope for Yoonhee's ex to make the main love line more thrilling.I'm so eager for the next episodes.  :-SS

Reading everyone's posts keeps my brain going. It's exciting to hear different opinions and so much fun to guess. Only the writer (and actors) knows what's going to happen. Really can't wait to see how things unfold. But the more we find out, the closer we are to the ending of the drama and that's a sad thing. :((

@ftiamor:

I feel like Hyuk is not even consider the second lead to begin with, I feel that he is just a fill in to keep the drama going as to a love triangle until the real love triangle comes. In the past couple of episodes, MinKi and Hyuk weren't really enemies fighting for the main girl.  It wasn't a push and pull between the two guys, which usually happens in a lot of drama. I don't see them both riled up at each other because of YH. The only issues they have are about YooNa and the CEO. So since the EX reappeared, i think that's the marking point that will probably make MinKi realize how he truly feel about YH.

Umm..hating isn't the opposite of liking. :) I've been seeing all these posts about Hyuk getting so much hate, soooo-- :D 
Anyway, while I don't exactly agree with the fact that he hasn't been very forward about the truth, I would still like to know his motivation for keeping it from MK (and the rest of the guys). If his sole reason is to protect YN, and the secret turned out to be that she had an affair with the CEO and didn't want MK to know (or something dreadfully similar), then I don't know if I can get with that reasoning. I also would like to find out why he's so rude to YN, I mean if she has been forced into doing something bad with that CEO, and Hyuk jumped in to protect her, shouldn't he be .. I dunno.. nicer to her? Because if that were the case, then she has already suffered enough. 
On that note, I believe that YN should just tell MK that it has not been roses and daisies for her. We only have 6 more episodes to go and there are still a lot of subplots to tackle, and the main love line hasn't completely evolved too, not to mention MK's cabbage farming.  There's just not enough episodes for the main love line, so I'm hoping the EX plot wraps up in 2 episodes, with the main love line squeezed in between.   

Archived