[Drama 2014] ●- Modern Farmer ❀ 모던 파머 -●

Maetawinz

I enjoy this show and usually watch it before my next weekend drama The Legendary Witch which is also enjoyable.  I have also been reading the various comments about this show especially on the quad - Min Ki, Yoon Hee, Yoona and Hyuk.  I am going to fall in the minority here when I say this but for me whichever OTP does not matter. 
As stated earlier I enjoy this show for the following:- the growth and changes of the key characters since going to Hardrouki village, the relationships of the community and its people, the process of life explained through farming, its very hard work and how it is like raising a child in order see the fruits of all that labor at the end.  Which I think have been the primary focus of this show, the romance is there but its not top priority its the living and relationships that is above it, the romance is part of life.
It is a known fact that MK, KJ, HC and Hyuk are band mates who broke up in the past due to Hyuk's actions which "destroyed" their entertainment careers and them.  When MK suggested farming cabbages apart from the basic appeal by MK, each person had their hidden reason for coming and due to the happenings in the village with its people all of them grew in their own way.  But it is a fact that all of them were unhappy with their present life. 
In the case of KJ he became more mature, happy and has found love with Bul Ja/Hwa Ran for which I doubt through the large age gap we will get a kiss, but its an accepted relationship in the show, maybe a hug & full confession.  KJ finally told his mother his decision and that he is happy, he has learn to appreciates things and other people through HR. So for me I feel they have covered KJ hidden story of lying to his family and not knowing what he wants. 
For HC he is in love for the very first time with street wise Sang Eun and though she does not necessarily return his feelings; because its a fact he can be an annoyance at times she does appreciate those gifts that he gives her and he loves it when she says thanks in her own way.  HC is also learning to appreciate the little things and life (can someone let us know what happen to the puppy, have not seen him in a while) more. The fact that he is dying is also important because no one knows that and I am wondering how are they going to address this matter with 6 episodes left. HC's relationship with Sang Eun will be of importance here.
Hyuk came because he was unhappy and I think he wanted to repair the broken friendship that he had with Min Ki.  I notice that Hyuk at times acts as an invisible protector of people he cares about he jokes around with it but its there.  To me its because of that most people tend to wonder Who is the real Hyuk?  Why he does act that way and what the village has done is helping to remove that mask through his relationship with Min ki and Yoon Hee.  Hyuk is bitter about Yoona and the past, which needs to get out and that responsibility lies with Yoona.  Although it is clear to us that Yoon Hee likes Min Ki which he is aware of, be rest assured that he is there as a support for her. Also to me Hyuk is most sympathetic of the 4 because who is there for Hyuk as he is always there for them; because of his mask its a challenge for them to be there for him.  Hopefully we will get to see the "real Hyuk" and maybe he will learn to let go and a mask is not needed anymore.
Minki also has his agenda and at present is actually being raised by the village through farming.  But we have to accept that he can be a dense person at times when it comes to Yoon Hee, he sees her but does not see her which explains why Hyuk tends to be around her more to cheer her up.  He also has Yoona vision which of course causes problems between himself and Hyuk who knows that she is flawed like the rest of us.  What would be interesting to see is how is MK going to respond when that vision is not as expected or hoped for.  It is because of this that it does not necessarily matter to me whether he gets with Yoon Hee or Yoona because by the end of the show we will see his choice.  Before that he has so more growing to do and a lot of denseness to be removed.  I wont go much on Yoona except to say that its time for her to make some serious decisions about her life and relationship with MK who is her volunteer crutch. Hopefully that is what she is doing while in the village and before leaving.
I have covered the band members but you also have the villagers and their personal/interpersonal relationships which is interesting in itself, wont go much into their dynamics with the exception that I am asking the PDs to please stop this peeing joke with Sang Deuk/Mi Young its no longer funny and frankly "stinks badly".
So now that we have 6 episodes left it would be interesting to see how they reveal and bring closure to the many mini stories left with group Excellent Souls and village Hardrouki which does include Sang Eun and friend.   Hopefully its not rushed.  Take care until the next episode.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this drama so much! its entertaining, funny and heart-warming. I think they should carry on this drama should even after Minki and Yoonhee's storyline.. the villagers should have their own show lol I would definitely watch it, as im sure many others would.

Cant believe theres only 6 episodes left, that's 3 weeks only! nooooooo, it cant finish that quickly!

:((

My thoughts on the what might happen in the next few episodes: (mainly focused on Yoonhee and Minki)

ep15-16

• Yoonhee dealing with the return of Minho's dad, the reason why he left etc
  • Minki and Hyuk becoming more protective of her..
  • Yoonhee and Minho's dad getting back together

ep17-18

• Minki getting jealous of Yoonhee's relationship and realising his feelings
  • Yoonhee still unsure of Minho's dad

ep19-20 (finale)

• Minki and Yoonhee finaly both confess to each other
  • Excellent souls release their album
  • Minho's dad goes back to a foreign country for his career (where he belongs lol)
  • they all decide to carry on farming
  • and live happily ever after.. lol

Don't think we're ever going to find out Yuna's secret..

and I don't think han-chul is going to die, it's probably going to be a mis-diagnosis like in that kara drama  

and if none of the otp's end up together it doesn't really matter because the drama itself was entertaining and I would still watch it

hello guys!

So yes I am absolutely loving the drama, however I did feel the drama kinda dragged in last week's épisodes.

Till now my favorite pairing is ofcourse Bulja and Ki Joon! these 2 are absolutely adorable together :x

As for the lead shipping, I am so not on the Min Ki/Yoon Hee ship. I feel zero chemistry between the 2. They are wonderful characters individually however as a couple I don't feel anything. I find Hyuk to be a better match for YoonHee. Also I absolutely do not understand the hate Hyuk is receiving on this thread. I also do not understand YoonHee's growing attraction for MinKi. Do all woman fall for any guy who is nice to her kid? Minki has been a fabulous guy to YoonHee's son but he has not shown the slightest sign of attration towards YoonHee. And his whole slack jawed expression in the last episode at YoonHee's makeover honsetly seemed forced to me on the writer's part. What I feel from Minki is that he regards YoonHee as his noona and shows affection to her like someone would on a former crush.

YooNa's character actually really did surprise me! She is such a nice girl and it absolutely sucks to see her go through the negative publicity due to her CEO's fault! at the beginning of the drama I didn't know how to feel abt her but right now I am kinda rooting for her and I would like to see Min Ki actually ending up with her.

I am still really curious about what actually happened between Hyuk and the CEO and how was Yoona involved. It must have been something bad since Yoona and Hyuk both have kept silent about it for years. And I feel that even if MinKi comes to know the truth, his infatuation with Yoona wouldn't change much. He might be disappointed at first but he would hop right back.

As for the sudden appearance of YoonHee's ex into the picture, this is what I feel about it -> MEH ...it was just too sudden, I wonder what compelled him to return to her after 7/8 years (?) other than a decades old drama contraption to make the male lead jealous (who in this case is so not clear to me). I hope that this drama would remain unique till the end. I hope the writer pairs up the characters that suit each other the best.

DuckButtHunter said: hello guys! So yes I am absolutely loving the drama, however I did feel the drama kinda dragged in last week's épisodes. Till now my favorite pairing is ofcourse Bulja and Ki Joon! these 2 are absolutely adorable together :x As for the lead shipping, I am so not on the Min Ki/Yoon Hee ship. I feel zero chemistry between the 2. They are wonderful characters individually however as a couple I don't feel anything.

Guest ftiamor

DuckButtHunter said: hello guys! So yes I am absolutely loving the drama, however I did feel the drama kinda dragged in last week's épisodes. Till now my favorite pairing is ofcourse Bulja and Ki Joon! these 2 are absolutely adorable together :x As for the lead shipping, I am so not on the Min Ki/Yoon Hee ship. I feel zero chemistry between the 2. They are wonderful characters individually however as a couple I don't feel anything. I find Hyuk to be a better match for YoonHee. Also I absolutely do not understand the hate Hyuk is receiving on this thread. I also do not understand YoonHee's growing attraction for MinKi. Do all woman fall for any guy who is nice to her kid? Minki has been a fabulous guy to YoonHee's son but he has not shown the slightest sign of attration towards YoonHee. And his whole slack jawed expression in the last episode at YoonHee's makeover honsetly seemed forced to me on the writer's part. What I feel from Minki is that he regards YoonHee as his noona and shows affection to her like someone would on a former crush. YooNa's character actually really did surprise me! She is such a nice girl and it absolutely sucks to see her go through the negative publicity due to her CEO's fault! at the beginning of the drama I didn't know how to feel abt her but right now I am kinda rooting for her and I would like to see Min Ki actually ending up with her. I am still really curious about what actually happened between Hyuk and the CEO and how was Yoona involved. It must have been something bad since Yoona and Hyuk both have kept silent about it for years. And I feel that even if MinKi comes to know the truth, his infatuation with Yoona wouldn't change much. He might be disappointed at first but he would hop right back. As for the sudden appearance of YoonHee's ex into the picture, this is what I feel about it -> MEH ...it was just too sudden, I wonder what compelled him to return to her after 7/8 years (?) other than a decades old drama contraption to make the male lead jealous (who in this case is so not clear to me). I hope that this drama would remain unique till the end. I hope the writer pairs up the characters that suit each other the best.

Guest ftiamor

And i want to clarify something really important. We do NOT hate Hyuk! Nor we hate Park MinWoo! We just discuss the characters and their behaviour. If someone is doing something wrong we say it's wrong. But it doesn't mean we hate him. All the boys are friends and we accept them as friends. Watching this drama i feel like i know all these people, like they are my neighbours, like they are my friends, too. So if one of my friends is doing something that i don't think is a good thing i'll tell him that he is wrong. But it doesn't mean i'll start to hate him. Also if we say Hyuk is not suitable for Yoonhee, we don't mean because he is a bad person but just because they both are on different waves they have different needs and at this moment they are not for each other. But I really wished to see Hyuk happy with some other girl. I'm really disappointed by the writer who left our Hyukie without someone to love him. But let's hope he will have a happy ending, too.

I really do love this drama because it goes out of the norm and box. As long as the story is good, the leading actor doesn't have to be 3-4 inches taller than the leading actress. There's too much of that same formula. Hadurokri is filled with real life situations and relationships, albeit exaggerated. Park Min Woo is doing a great job if he's making his character less likeable. He's playing out his role. My priority is to see Yoon Hee and Min Ho have a happy ending. Their superb acting has endeared themselves to me. All the characters have to some degree endeared themselves (except Min Young and her daughter, but that's just my personal opinion). I do hope the writer intends to have the leads end up with each other because at this moment, that's what Yoon Hee wants. Her character is strong, wise, and has her priorities straight. I look forward to seeing how it'll all play out in the remaining 6 episodes.

chickfactor said: DuckButtHunter said: hello guys! So yes I am absolutely loving the drama, however I did feel the drama kinda dragged in last week's épisodes. Till now my favorite pairing is ofcourse Bulja and Ki Joon! these 2 are absolutely adorable together :x As for the lead shipping, I am so not on the Min Ki/Yoon Hee ship. I feel zero chemistry between the 2. They are wonderful characters individually however as a couple I don't feel anything.

Archived