[Drama 2014] ●- Modern Farmer ❀ 모던 파머 -●

Maetawinz

Yes, I agree that the writer isn't doing a very good job with depicting Hyuk as the 2nd lead. I'm a little confused at what they are trying to do with his character at the moment. It didn't help when in Episode 13 it seemed Yoon-he was a bit enamored with him for a second (when they were practicing the dance). I haven't watched Episode 14 yet, but I think Min-ki and Yoon-hee will end up in the end anyway. I definitely wouldn't mind for MK and YH to end up together. MK is really good with MH. :)

I also agree that Hyuk isn't being a very nice friend towards Min-ki at the moment the way he's acting when Yoo-na is around. On the other hand we could also argue that Min-ki isn't being very nice to his friends either. He is up to his ears with debt, and he hasn't been honest to his bandmates about why he convinced them to come to the countryside. I don't remember the specifics about the debt, and I could be wrong about the memory of Min-ki needing all of the money to pay back his debt and his friends getting nothing... If anyone remembers better, feel free to correct me.

I think the show will depict how the boys will become friends in the end anyway, and that true friendship will overcome all obstacles. I'm truly enjoying Modern Farmer, especially because it's so full of surprises. And it's also great that this thread is getting more comments and opinions again. :)

@LylanieP Thanks for the pics of Ki-joon and Hwa-ran (Bul-ja) from Episode 14. The ship is still sailing strong.  8->

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I agree that the writer isn't doing a very good job with depicting Hyuk as the 2nd lead. I'm a little confused at what they are trying to do with his character at the moment. It didn't help when in Episode 13 it seemed Yoon-he was a bit enamored with him for a second (when they were practicing the dance). I haven't watched Episode 14 yet, but I think Min-ki and Yoon-hee will end up in the end anyway. I definitely wouldn't mind for MK and YH to end up together. MK is really good with MH.

:)

I also agree that Hyuk isn't being a very nice friend towards Min-ki at the moment the way he's acting when Yoo-na is around. On the other hand we could also argue that Min-ki isn't being very nice to his friends either. He is up to his ears with debt, and he hasn't been honest to his bandmates about why he convinced them to come to the countryside. I don't remember the specifics about the debt, and I could be wrong about the memory of Min-ki needing all of the money to pay back his debt and his friends getting nothing... If anyone remembers better, feel free to correct me.

I think the show will depict how the boys will become friends in the end anyway, and that true friendship will overcome all obstacles. I'm truly enjoying Modern Farmer, especially because it's so full of surprises. And it's also great that this thread is getting more comments and opinions again. :)

@LylanieP Thanks for the pics of Ki-joon and Hwa-ran (Bul-ja) from Episode 14. The ship is still sailing strong.  8->

At first I also thought that YoonHee seemed flustered at the close proximity with Hyuk during dance practice but then I'm also wondering if the theory that they might be siblings made her feel uncomfortable in the way he was holding her.

Guest ftiamor

bella1025 said: Hyuk would've worked as a good 2nd lead if the writer wrote him to become the good ol' guy who does everything for the girl--including, love and take care of the kid without reserve. Reminds me of Brilliant Legacy, I know everyone wanted LSG.. but I was rooting for the 2nd lead there from the start. MK actually reminds of LSG's character there. LOL 
And I don't care if Hyuk treats Yoona badly because he feels that she has betrayed MK, it doesn't excuse the fact that he constantly berates MK for being protective of Yoona. I mean, dude.. you're friend has no idea why you hate the girl he believes he's in love with.. so chill with the mocking, ok? I mean c'mon. It's not MK's fault that he doesn't believe Hyuk. For all of Hyuk's pretension, and for-the-sake-of-MK posturing, he's still the rudest friend ever. I dunno what's the deal with him, but IF I wanted to help my friend, and said friend is being betrayed, then I'd tell it to his face--not mock him for his genuine affections for said "betrayer" nor dance around the issue and feel wronged for being hated ..when it was my fault for not speaking up. Gah. The writer is doing a bad job with Hyuk. If she wanted to added an edge to his character, then I'd rather that we at least glimpse a time when he'd actually TRIED to tell MK what the deal with YN is. If MK just didn't want to hear it, then I won't blame Hyuk for shutting up and griping about it to this day. But the only thing we know is that Hyuk punched the CEO and when MK wanted to know what happened, he didn't say anything else. 
I mean, how else do you think your friend would be enlightened about his so-called gf (if you really witnessed her betray said friend), if you don't at least try to tell him about it? If you're going to be vague and be just rude and berate him for having feelings for said girl, then you're clearly touched on the head. MK isn't a mind reader. Cut him some slack (although I still want to punch him whenever he's rude to YH) about YN and don't berate him for his "guardianship" until such time that you're willing to be honest about the past. 

Guest ftiamor

partyon said: Yes, I agree that the writer isn't doing a very good job with depicting Hyuk as the 2nd lead. I'm a little confused at what they are trying to do with his character at the moment. It didn't help when in Episode 13 it seemed Yoon-he was a bit enamored with him for a second (when they were practicing the dance). I haven't watched Episode 14 yet, but I think Min-ki and Yoon-hee will end up in the end anyway. I definitely wouldn't mind for MK and YH to end up together. MK is really good with MH. :)

Well, from the first two episodes i understood that Minki's debt is 100 000 $ but Minki's expectations to earn from the cabbage are much bigger.  :D. If i remember well his calculations were 100 000 cabbages X 5$ each means about 500 000 $. He was too happy thinking that after he pay off his debt he will be rich enough to make his own album. How much he will actually earn i don't know but at least that's what he hopes for. 

Now, regarding the boys, he convinced only KiJoon and HanChul to come with  him to help him to grow cabbage and after that to make album together. He didn't promise them to pay any cash, nor that he really promised that it will be successful, they came at their own risk. (KiJoon came because he didn't pass the exam and didn't want to go to work at his parents' restaurant and HanChul came because he thinks he will die soon so he wants to do something significant in his life before he die, but none of them came because of the money that Minki would pay them) 
Minki didn't want Hyuk to come at all, so Hyuk is there absolutely not for the money or the album but just because he was fed up with his boring life in the hospital and needed a thrill. So Minki doesn't owe Hyuk anything. 
Also don't forget that Minki is the owner of the land, the boys didn't rent it, didn't pay anything about the land. And more, Minki is paying for absolutely everything from the first day they came at the village. He payed even for their food, also for the grains, etc all the necessary for the cabbage. So, of course, at the end he will own all the money when they sell the cabbage and could distribute them as he wish. 
Regarding Minki's debt, that's something i didn't understand well. They said that their ex-CEO ran away with their money and Minki said he is looking for the CEO to take his money  back. But why the loan shark wants only Minki to pay him that debt? If it was the money of the band then all the boys are in debt, too. I really don't understand that.

I'm thinking that maybe the CEO took the band's money to debut but MinKi took out a loan possibly for something else that hasn't been revealed yet. There's so many secrets yet to unfold. Here I thought this would be a simple light hearted drama, but man oh man, it continues to keep me guessing.

Guest ftiamor

jen459 said:

Yes, I agree that the writer isn't doing a very good job with depicting Hyuk as the 2nd lead. I'm a little confused at what they are trying to do with his character at the moment. It didn't help when in Episode 13 it seemed Yoon-he was a bit enamored with him for a second (when they were practicing the dance). I haven't watched Episode 14 yet, but I think Min-ki and Yoon-hee will end up in the end anyway. I definitely wouldn't mind for MK and YH to end up together. MK is really good with MH.

I think the show will depict how the boys will become friends in the end anyway, and that true friendship will overcome all obstacles. I'm truly enjoying Modern Farmer, especially because it's so full of surprises. And it's also great that this thread is getting more comments and opinions again.

I am loving everything about this drama. the characters are awesome!!!! their stories are do telling. i love it!!!! I can't wait for subway night so can watch subs.... but I hurt for Hyuk most. He sees YoonHee hurt and knows how she feels about Minki so he doesn't overstep his boundaries to win her. I want him to fight for her. Like when he says that didnt want her to hurt but seeing her and not doing a whole lot about. He needs to get with the program and stake his claim, if you will. Anywho, i love watching so...

ftiamor said: i understood that Minki's debt is 100 000 $ but Minki's expectations to earn from the cabbage are much bigger.  :D. If i remember well his calculations were 100 000 cabbages X 5$ each means about 500 000 $. He was too happy thinking that after he pay off his debt he will be rich enough to make his own album. How much he will actually earn i don't know but at least that's what he hopes for. Now, regarding the boys, he convinced only KiJoon and HanChul to come with  him to help him to grow cabbage and after that to make album together. He didn't promise them to pay any cash, nor that he really promised that it will be successful, they came at their own risk. (KiJoon came because he didn't pass the exam and didn't want to go to work at his parents' restaurant and HanChul came because he thinks he will die soon so he wants to do something significant in his life before he die, but none of them came because of the money that Minki would pay them) Minki didn't want Hyuk to come at all, so Hyuk is there absolutely not for the money or the album but just because he was fed up with his boring life in the hospital and needed a thrill. So Minki doesn't owe Hyuk anything. Also don't forget that Minki is the owner of the land, the boys didn't rent it, didn't pay anything about the land. And more, Minki is paying for absolutely everything from the first day they came at the village. He payed even for their food, also for the grains, etc all the necessary for the cabbage. So, of course, at the end he will own all the money when they sell the cabbage and could distribute them as he wish. Regarding Minki's debt, that's something i didn't understand well. They said that their ex-CEO ran away with their money and Minki said he is looking for the CEO to take his money  back. But why the loan shark wants only Minki to pay him that debt? If it was the money of the band then all the boys are in debt, too. I really don't understand that.

ftiamor said: I wouldn't say at all that Yoonhee felt enamoured from the close contact with Hyuk. I would rather say she was irritated and uncomfortable. I think that's normal. I also wouldn't feel comfortable if a man i don't really like is touching me and looks like he is flirting with me. And if she has feelings for Minki she wouldn't just let another man to touch her and looks at her the way Hyuk did. While she believed it's all innocent she didn't mind to practice with Hyuk but at the moment she sensed his intentions were far from innocent she, of course, felt uncomfortable and pushed him back. That just shows once again that she has no feelings for Hyuk and doesn't feel flatterd by this attention. I would be disappointed if Yoonhee reacted otherway. If she kept smilling happily and dancing comfortably with Hyuk i would be really worried what's going on with my Minki-Yoonhee ship  :D if the writer wanted to hint us that she is enamoured even for moment with Hyuk they would play this scene differently (and with the appropriate music like the scene of SangDeuk-MiYoung with "Love Is the Moment" song from the Heirs  ;) )

Loving this drama soooo much! It's a breath of fresh air. Too bad the ratings are low.... Anyone knows which village they go to to film? It seems like very far from Seoul so i wonder how much time they spend on traveling to and fro each day....

Guest ftiamor

partyon

said:

ftiamor

said: i understood that Minki's debt is 100 000 $ but Minki's expectations to earn from the cabbage are much bigger. 

:D

. If i remember well his calculations were 100 000 cabbages X 5$ each means about 500 000 $. He was too happy thinking that after he pay off his debt he will be rich enough to make his own album. How much he will actually earn i don't know but at least that's what he hopes for. Now, regarding the boys, he convinced only KiJoon and HanChul to come with  him to help him to grow cabbage and after that to make album together. He didn't promise them to pay any cash, nor that he really promised that it will be successful, they came at their own risk. (KiJoon came because he didn't pass the exam and didn't want to go to work at his parents' restaurant and HanChul came because he thinks he will die soon so he wants to do something significant in his life before he die, but none of them came because of the money that Minki would pay them) Minki didn't want Hyuk to come at all, so Hyuk is there absolutely not for the money or the album but just because he was fed up with his boring life in the hospital and needed a thrill. So Minki doesn't owe Hyuk anything. Also don't forget that Minki is the owner of the land, the boys didn't rent it, didn't pay anything about the land. And more, Minki is paying for absolutely everything from the first day they came at the village. He payed even for their food, also for the grains, etc all the necessary for the cabbage. So, of course, at the end he will own all the money when they sell the cabbage and could distribute them as he wish. Regarding Minki's debt, that's something i didn't understand well. They said that their ex-CEO ran away with their money and Minki said he is looking for the CEO to take his money  back. But why the loan shark wants only Minki to pay him that debt? If it was the money of the band then all the boys are in debt, too. I really don't understand that.

Guest ftiamor

partyon said:
ftiamor said: I wouldn't say at all that Yoonhee felt enamoured from the close contact with Hyuk. I would rather say she was irritated and uncomfortable. I think that's normal. I also wouldn't feel comfortable if a man i don't really like is touching me and looks like he is flirting with me. And if she has feelings for Minki she wouldn't just let another man to touch her and looks at her the way Hyuk did. While she believed it's all innocent she didn't mind to practice with Hyuk but at the moment she sensed his intentions were far from innocent she, of course, felt uncomfortable and pushed him back. That just shows once again that she has no feelings for Hyuk and doesn't feel flatterd by this attention. I would be disappointed if Yoonhee reacted otherway. If she kept smilling happily and dancing comfortably with Hyuk i would be really worried what's going on with my Minki-Yoonhee ship  :D if the writer wanted to hint us that she is enamoured even for moment with Hyuk they would play this scene differently (and with the appropriate music like the scene of SangDeuk-MiYoung with "Love Is the Moment" song from the Heirs  ;) )

@ftiamor How about we agree to disagree? :) This is just a show and people always interpret things differently. Sometimes the director also chooses on purpose to portray things in an ambiguous way. It's very difficult to say who is right or who is wrong, and that is not the point either. Everyone has the right to enjoy the show and have the opinions they have. I respect your opinions. Let's be friends? :-bd :)

Cracked up when Ki-joon's mom came to town. So long until next Saturday and more Ki-joon / Hwa-ran moments.

Guest pipitawati

just watch episode 14... keep restraining myself from reading this thread until finish wathing it.

OMG.. OMG... the ending of episode 14.........

Minki got serious competitor. I hope he got snap of it that he actually still falling in love with YH.. I'm still shipping MK-YH.

and KJ-BJ.... so sweeet...... I love both of them... and Hanchul is so devoted. i actually feel rather sorry for him. I'm scare that he will have sad ending..

I think what theinteresting about this drama is there are chemistry between the cast and all relationship are believable. is it love relationship, or mother-son, brotherhood, neighboor... it's like we got invited to their neighborhood.

btw, I haven't read all the post. I tent to get influenced if I read other comment. and try to write my opinion firat about these 2 episode beforehand.

Possible spoiler.

Hongki dyed his hair black. Is this for a more mature look? Was this change made so he would look more compatible with YoonHee? :-?

I think that YH feels flattered by Hyuk's attention--if a good looking guy declares his love for you, you'd definitely be flustered and happy inside. =)) I just don't think that she returns the same sentiment. Hyuk's good to her, professes to like her, and the only one who's privy to her growing feelings for MK--but it ultimately doesn't mean anything. Why? I've seen so many second leads who have suffered by the main lead's life, who've been the good guy but still didn't get the girl. The only thing that Hyuk differs from most of them is that he is assertive, but then again, that's just to a certain degree. Hyuk still has a level of respect for YH (as an older woman) so he will follow her will, he might press on and on, but he will definitely give up if she stands on her ground in not returning his feelings. Unless Hyuk becomes a psycho, or YH has a lobotomy, I don't think this pairing would happen. It's more impossible now that MK's starting to see YH in a newer light, and feelings are resurfacing. Then YH's ex springs back .... so, it's going to be MK vs EX in the last episodes. 
MK is pretty aggressive, but he has grown to ignore his feelings for YH.. until the recent episode that is. So, he'll win YH if he plays his cards, right. MK has a way of being assertive (read: check his actions towards YN) without looking too much of a douch*(although, he has his douch*y moments with YH.. so that's male lead points.. warped drama land =)) ). Plus, there's also the fact that YH likes him a lot, Minho too! :D

I've been keeping up with the show, but it's my first time posting here. The show is amazingly funny and I enjoy watching it a lot!

LOL... I see that Hyuk has been taking a lot of hits on this thread recently! I understand that we don't know what the situation is between Hyuk & the CEO to Hyuk & YooNa and obviously Hyuk is not giving MinKi any clues about it.  But I think that maybe there is a reason as to why he's not being blunt about it to MinKi because he knows how MinKi feels about YooNa. I could be wrong and Hyuk could just be acting like a total jerk, but a K-drama is a drama is a drama after all.  It's suppose to make the viewers feel for one character as oppose to another character and I think the writers are doing a great job at that! So everyone relax and just enjoy the show! XD
:x

Coollness said: I've been keeping up with the show, but it's my first time posting here. The show is amazingly funny and I enjoy watching it a lot!

LOL... I see that Hyuk has been taking a lot of hits on this thread recently! I understand that we don't know what the situation is between Hyuk & the CEO to Hyuk & YooNa and obviously Hyuk is not giving MinKi any clues about it.  But I think that maybe there is a reason as to why he's not being blunt about it to MinKi because he knows how MinKi feels about YooNa. I could be wrong and Hyuk could just be acting like a total jerk, but a K-drama is a drama is a drama after all.  It's suppose to make the viewers feel for one character as oppose to another character and I think the writers are doing a great job at that! So everyone relax and just enjoy the show! XD
:x

Guest aidsincera

Tinky Winky.. Dipsy.. Laa-laa.. Po
*you can't read this without sing a theme song of Teletubbies* :D

2014-12-02-07-54-36_deco_zpsscixwabx.jpg
My Kdrama meme collection: http://aidsincera.tumblr.com/     

Archived