[Drama 2014] ●- Modern Farmer ❀ 모던 파머 -●

Maetawinz

Guest pipitawati

I love episode 19.and the ending. Hanchul.. huhuhu...

Yoona's secret is finally revealed! ugh finally, I though they were going to either forget about it or leave it till the last scene of the whole drama! and is it me or is hong-ki's acting getting a bit bad towards the end of the drama? he looks like he's not trying as hard? or maybe its just me I dunno. Cant wait for eng subs! also hate the fact that theres onky one episode a week!

yes, finally. the secret revealed.

about Hongki's acting. I think so far it's consistent to minki's character. always act tough. and the script don't dig his character more. so we cannot see more layer of his. nothing hongki can do about it. the script let us watch of many character in this drama but doesn't exlpore of its character. so mostly we only can see 1-2 layer of each character.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pipitawati

well, this drama is not everyone's cup of tea. it's not romance and dramatic. it has different concept from every drama i know and not followed the same kdrama's formula which more focus on main couple melodrama. and no kiss in this drama except hanchul-harabuchi.LoL. So, i think that's why this drama is not too popular.

for me, this drama is felt like a fresh air. it gives warm to my heart as I fall in love to all cast of this drama. I do really love romcom and longing for deep kiss. but strangely, I feel it's totaly fine not finding it in this drama.just my 2 cent.

I like this drama for the social commentary woven into the plot.  So far the writer has tackled single parents, bullying, illegal aliens, political corruption, parental expectations, social media, divorce, and...I'm sure I've forgotten some.  The one I want to comment on is the situation with Bul Ja/Hwa Ran being an illegal alien.  Man Goo hired her to work for him, right?  No mention of why he gets off the hook for hiring an illegal alien....Yeah, I get that he was helping her, and he paid her wages fair and square, unlike her other job(s).  But still, he did something that's really not cool.  I've not seen/heard any one in the show or on this forum mention this.  Maybe I'm off base here...I'm sure I'll find out soon enough!I really hope the last episode has KJ and HR together.  Gaaah, they are cute!  And that last bit where she was in the holding cell before being deported...excellent acting by both characters.  Very heartfelt.  

lmao HongKi's beard looked so weird! but good ending, however I thought one thing was missing! they showed a bts at the end and they all had so much fun filming it! :)

Im gonna miss watching Modern Farmer every weekend :(( :((

I've watching like 50 dramas from start to finsidh this year and I've got to say that Modern Farmer was one of the best ones! =D>

Ok nevermind that was the last one, I could see the ending as a foreshadow for Modern FISHERMEN as a sequel but I don't know if I want a sequel I think it's more of a one hit wonder although story was refreshing and actual humor was there. I don't think I'd want a sequel because the first drama of a series is usually better than the sequels. Even with the main leads not kissing it's fine that it ended that way. It should be left the way it is. A good drama. If they were to add anymore I think it will ruin the series

I came within a razor's breadth of dropping this Drama after the first 6 excruciating episodes, but in the end, it surprised me in a good way.
There were still plenty of flaws in it - the crass urination routine was barely funny the first time, not funny at all by the 200th time (or so it seemed). Lee Il Hwa was wasted as the aunt, only getting to play a meaningful part in the final episode. And of course, our poor second ended up with absolutely no-one, as is required by law of seconds, it seems. It was also far too long. It should have been absolutely no more than 16, that's for sure. But dragged out Dramas are the norm, of course. 
What the show got right ws its heart. The highlight for me in this regard is clear - the whole "it's OK to be different" storyline. That was handled with sensitivity and seriousness and redeemed the Drama for me. Then the final episodes increased my satisfaction by dumping the crude toilet humour for stuff that was actually funny - I laughed more in the last 3 episodes than in the first 13, I think. Especially the end. I expected the time skip, didn't epect the "grumpy ever after" ending for all of them, and of course the fishing boat scene was a great way to wrap by laughing at our "heroes" not having learned ANYTHING! :D Other things I liked about it were the Bul Ja love story (loved that reversal at the end) Lee Il Hwa (of course) and Park Min Joo, my favourite from Operation Proposal again shining here in her comic role. And, of course, bonus marks for being the first and so far only Drama in which I've heard Hindi spoken! :D
Unlike I some here, I neither expect nor want a sequel. Nor do I think the end was designed to set one up. Once was enough with this material, and the climax was a great way to end the way a comedy SHOULD  end, with a laugh. 

finally it ended~ had a good laugh at Hong Ki's beard and how the other members ended up with their own livesthis drama was certainly far different from the usual kdrama I like watching.I like its touch of comedy, family and hey the country side with setting -- in winter!
and that "Modern" Fisherman in the last part, good ridiculous way to end it. 

This drama was very entertaining and I was enjoying it right from the start.

This was a rare gem that I found. I'm a keen fan of Lee Hong Ki ever since "You're Beautiful" and I saw his true talent in "Bride of the Century" where his Mr. Darcy attracted me to him. He's a rare gem and I'm glad that I followed him. And his Min Ki character was suprisingly un-egoish and down to earth. And his bromance with the band was believable and very entertaining.

And although I adore Hong Ki, I found some other rare gems. Ki Joon and Hyuk. In Ki Joon, I admired his comedic timing and that even when he wasn't in the main frame, his weird expressions made my day. And the boy is a '97er. At first I was like, "Hmm, he's cute..." and then I was like, "Wow, he CAN act!". I'm surprised, to say the least. I'm going to keep following his work. Then Hyuk, who I recognized as Yoon Eun Hye's sister's boyfriend in "Coffee Prince". Here he was the second lead with a heartwrenching one sided love. It was sad to see him sad and I did shed tears, but all in all, I wanted Min Ki to get Yoon Hee because by the end of the day it's Min Ki she loves.

So, this is how I catagorized my choices:

Best Love Story - Ki Joon and Bul Ja

Most Tiresome Love Story - Han Chul and Soo Yeon

Cutest Love Story - Min Ki and Min Ho

Most Confusing Love Story - Min Ki and Yoon Hee

I enjoyed all romances and bromances and especially the Hadurok -ri villagers, so Thank You, Modern Farmer!

I haven't posted anything in the thread but I have been watching Modern Farmer since ep 1 up until the ending.
I have to say, it had me entertained since the beginning but the ending seemed lacking to me. Still, it was an interesting drama. 
I loved the pairing of Ki Joon and Hwa Ran the most. Han Chul and Soo Yeon's story was kinda boring at first but it was really awesome once they started the dates.
One thing that I didn't like is how Yoon Hee didn't end up with Hyuk. -____-
Overall I loved the story and the romance and yeah. It was a great drama.
Thank you Modern Farmer! 

• 3 weeks later...

10801504_1547026015566401_72464312251663hahaha! They compared themselves again in FT Island. xD
I'll miss them so much. I like this drama! hihihi! I ♥ the love story of Gi Joon and Bul Ja/ Hwa Ran.. hihihihihi! and I like the fact that Soo Yeon fell in love to Han Chul and Han Chul was treated because of eating cabbage and living in province. hihihi! and of course, I'll miss Lee Min Ki. hihihi! kwaenchanayo kwaenchanayo. xD :)

Archived