[Drama 2014] My Secret Hotel (마이 시크릿 호텔)

nikkisjs

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh this drama, more scenes of HY looking sad. Look everyone just needs some alone time. I forget why either of these dudes wanted to be with SH in the first place.
It's sad but, I was hoping for another murder after last weeks eps. Oh well.

I gave up after ep 7 or 8.  Just coming back to see if this drama was worth picking up again, but it seems like it isn't.  Too bad.  I liked the casting, and I think there was potential, but somehow the writers, directors, and producers went off track.  

SPOILER!
OK, it is 58% subbed on VIKI and the general manage and I think SH's real father told HY that her feelings for him are real, otherwise she would not have accepted to marry him just for the hotel. He said that he knew her well like a daughter. Now, I am feeling more optimistic, but the HY/SH getting together probably will not happen until the very few minutes towards the end! 

What a shame.  Like others I stopped watching a while ago and I've been monitoring this forum to see if I should try and finish the series.  Seems like it's not worth it.  At this point I don't care who ends with whom.  Very disappointing given that I looked forward to the show and I liked that it was quirky and different from other typical kdramas in that it reminded me of Clue, The Westing Game and Agatha Christie mysteries with romance tossed in.  I had hoped that if this show did well it would encourage other writers and networks to try out other formats and give "different" shows a try.  (Sorry as much as I enjoy kdramas, there's only so much of the same 3 plots, same rotating characters, etc. I can watch before it feels stale and brain numbing.)

I don't know how much of the show's decline can be blamed on the writer Kim Do Hyun who took over writer Kim Ye Ri.  Maybe the show was fated to fail regardless of the writer at the helm, but I did feel the first 4 episodes were good (which consequently were based on writer Kim Ye Ri's screenplay before she passed).  It seemed that the first initial episodes under writer Kim Do Hyun were good, but as the more time passed between the original 4 episodes and later episodes, the worse the storyline became.  I feel like writer Kim Do Hyun has lost the plot and is now grudgingly trying to finish a show he did not create but was asked to fill in for.  Disappointing given the show was initially promising.  

I just stopped by to say hello to all of you who have remained adherent to watch mystery drama in try. Wink to you @moodypie!!!   I'll probably pause a bit of the Korean drama. I understand that for the writers is not easy nowadays to create something new, autentic..But, my time also is precious and I can not spend on any nonsense that they offer!

Well looks like this episode is a miss. I would really like to know what the Korean netizens are saying about this writer.

Forget about the plot, this drama will be a blot in the original writer's resume. That is really not a nice thing to do to your colleague.

It took 15 episodes to tell us that it was a total misunderstanding, manipulated by the Stalker, that broke up HY and SH?!!!!  >:P  On the other hand, SH deserves it for not even confronting HY.  Either in NY or in Korea.  Besides, wasn't she ever curious about HY not being married to Stalker and, instead, marrying the 'twit'?   She should have been curious enough to ask.  Then, she might have learned the truth.  Dummy! 

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT WRITER because no one, with even a tiny amount of integrity, would admit to being the author of this nonsense!  They must be filming from scraps of paper discarded by a learn-to-write dramas correspondence course.  (No money back, no guarantee fly-by-night scam artists.)  :-& :-L

At this point, I don't care who dies, who hooks up with whom or who is the murderer.  The only character that remains interesting is 'Winky' detective.  BTW, he plays the father of one of the music students in Tomorrow Cantible. :)

Guest LadyAra

"My Secret Hotel", who made Yoo In-na cry?

photo504770.jpg

Who will be Yoo In-na's final man?

On the fifteenth episode of the tvN drama "My Secret Hotel", both Hae-yeong (Jin I-han) and Seong-kyeom (Nam Goong-min) broke up with Sang-hyo (Yoo In-na) because she was in love with both of them.

Hae-yeong was true all along. He decided she would be happier with Seong-kyeom and let her go. He said to himself, "I forced you to marry me, to go on a honeymoon, brought you home and I was stupid. I want to stop. I don't care if I'm stupid, but I don't want to put you through all this. I feel you've suffered so much because of me". [more]

After somehow miraculously surviving Ep 15 without having performed a DIY lobotomy with a blunt teaspoon (something already done by the  current writer, it seems)  I felt I just had to share a wonderfully encouraging and uplifting piece of news about this Drama. I know that this is probably the best news many here will hear all week, so in the interests of increasing the global Happiness Quotient, I just have to share this:

TOMORROW WE'RE FREE!

:o) :o) <:-P <:-P

hi, everybody! have been silent reader all this time, I think write something here wouldn't be so much hurt ^_^;
I can't believe I love this drama at the beginning (ahem) and the writers kinda screw up with Hae Young - Sang Hyo - sung Gyum relationship.two persons had been murdered, yet we are curious about the killers AND the writer focused on the triangle love again....BAM! kill me seriously!
and I can't believe what is on Sang Hyo's mind? she can't have them both right? can I just say she's such a greedy? -_________-
all I can say for episode 15 isDoR_crying2.gif

hell59 said: SPOILER!
OK, it is 58% subbed on VIKI and the general manage and I think SH's real father told HY that her feelings for him are real, otherwise she would not have accepted to marry him just for the hotel. He said that he knew her well like a daughter. Now, I am feeling more optimistic, but the HY/SH getting together probably will not happen until the very few minutes towards the end! 

I do not really care who SH ends up with. For me SH and HY lost that chance when they did not contact each other 7 years ago to clear up what went wrong. They let their pride and ego keep them from talking to one another thus allowing someone else to create a misunderstanding. They loved each other so much but HY did not sit down and explain to SH why he had to leave. Sure he may have been scared of not wanting to go but he owed it to her to do that much and for them to come up with a plan for her to either follow or him to come back. SH should have followed him or called to find out what the heck was going on with him leaving.  Neither of them did that with her choosing to think he was a bad guy leaving her without a word except a short note and an plane ticket and him thinking she never came after him. Silly in the big picture.

Now they meet 7 years later when he is about to get remarried. I can see how both would be surprised and shocked. Each pretended they were not affected and had moved on when they both had not.  Then when she starts to let go and move on (which was a crock) to someone new he realizes he still cares for her and since his immature fiancee runs off with the driver he has his chance to marry her again when he could have just canceled that wedding due to illness of the bride or groom. Frankly no one should have been able to make SH marry him even for the sake of the Hotel if she did not on some level have some type of feeling for the man. He should have respected that she was starting with someone new.

Both of them pulled a third party into their mess.. and people got hurt. I admit I wanted SH with SG.. but being that SH and HY are prolly the OTP's I did not have hopes for it. I figured this writer would make them long lost brother and sister but luckily after the few kisses the writer did not go that route.

I had High Hopes that the murder mystery would take precedent with the romance in the back ground as a side plot. What I got was more on SH and HY's relationship and by extension SG into a triangle. So we have cleared up what happen with SG's father..but who is the killer? Will we find that out today or did I already miss it and why were two people killed.

So I hope SH ends up by herself... because this woman spent too much time not knowing her own heart and mind. She is not the only one at fault because both men pushed the issue as well trying to sway her. Let's hope she reflects on this before making a choice if any.

Ldy Gmerm said: I do not really care who SH ends up with. For me SH and HY lost that chance when they did not contact each other 7 years ago to clear up what went wrong. They let their pride and ego keep them from talking to one another thus allowing someone else to create a misunderstanding. They loved each other so much but HY did not sit down and explain to SH why he had to leave. Sure he may have been scared of not wanting to go but he owed it to her to do that much and for them to come up with a plan for her to either follow or him to come back. SH should have followed him or called to find out what the heck was going on with him leaving.  Neither of them did that with her choosing to think he was a bad guy leaving her without a word except a short note and an plane ticket and him thinking she never came after him. Silly in the big picture.

Now they meet 7 years later when he is about to get remarried. I can see how both would be surprised and shocked. Each pretended they were not affected and had moved on when they both had not.  Then when she starts to let go and move on (which was a crock) to someone new he realizes he still cares for her and since his immature fiancee runs off with the driver he has his chance to marry her again when he could have just canceled that wedding due to illness of the bride or groom. Frankly no one should have been able to make SH marry him even for the sake of the Hotel if she did not on some level have some type of feeling for the man. He should have respected that she was starting with someone new.

Both of them pulled a third party into their mess.. and people got hurt. I admit I wanted SH with SG.. but being that SH and HY are prolly the OTP's I did not have hopes for it. I figured this writer would make them long lost brother and sister but luckily after the few kisses the writer did not go that route.

I had High Hopes that the murder mystery would take precedent with the romance in the back ground as a side plot. What I got was more on SH and HY's relationship and by extension SG into a triangle. So we have cleared up what happen with SG's father..but who is the killer? Will we find that out today or did I already miss it and why were two people killed.

So I hope SH ends up by herself... because this woman spent too much time not knowing her own heart and mind. She is not the only one at fault because both men pushed the issue as well trying to sway her. Let's hope she reflects on this before making a choice if any.

Archived