[Drama 2014] My Secret Hotel (마이 시크릿 호텔)

nikkisjs

Oh, brother!  Did I waste my time! This is what I wrote on another site:

10 auntiemame September 20th, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Here’s my nominee for being the murderer:

Their colleague, Soo Jung, who is dying from a terminal disease. Soo Jung is not a dumb person. She sees all and knows all. She has always been a good person, yet, she is the one with the terminal disease and has to die.

Therefore, since she has to die anyway, she’s ‘cleaning house’ by killing off all the bad people.

As for the secret behind the murder of Sung Gyum’s father, what if it was an accident that occurred while the father and mother were arguing. And, the GM and the dead black-mailer helped with the cover-up so that Sung Gyum’s mother won’t be charged for killing her son’s father. And, that’s why she and Sung Gyum went to live in the US.

To think that I could have saved myself some hours of watching . . .  8-| >:P

Thank you to Jin Yi Han for giving a performance that made watching this drama not a total lost.

BTW, what's their anniversary date?  :))

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I watched the ending, and I was like. Dafuq? Is that it? I thought i'm going to see the reconciliation at the very first scene of episode 16 atleast for a relief. But? Wait.. wuuut?! They get back together at the last scene which only took a few minutes moments for the OTP. I will never watch another drama written by this writer KIM DO-HYUN again. No wonder why this thread didn't even get to reach 100 pages. :)) Tsk! Really such a waste of versatile actors. Hilarious! [-( Anyways, bye guys. Hahaha Let's meet again to another thread that is worth watching. Byebye! Haja. :-h

Actually, the only truly bad thing about this drama was the writing.  Everything and everyone else were perfectly fine.  Unfortunately, the writing is the core of a drama.  And, without the core, all the effort put in by everyone is meaningless.

I feel sorry to the production staff for their hard work, which was probably made harder since they must know that the story stinks.  As for the cast, they truly are professionals because they still acted well, even knowing that the story was going nowhere.  =D>

Spoiler! 
I am with all of you, this drama started with a bang and it just fizzled out. It got more and more disappointing throughout but at least on a positive note, HY and SH ended up together. It was another rushed ending, with many issues left unanswered. I need to watch it with subs. JLH needs to find a well written drama that will reflect his wonderful skills as an actor. The man CAN cry, that's for sure. I don't think I have seen a male leading actor cry so much in a drama before! This show is the perfect example of what happens when you change writers in the middle of the story, a lot of NONSENSE! Like I said before, the best thing in this drama was the OST, which was great! To my fellow MSH sufferers, it was a pleasure to read all your comments here, always an incredible source of information and solace! Thank you!

Thank god. It's 6am and I am now going to read the ending. I am so bloody happy it's ended and no matter the ending, I am deleting the episodes off my hard drive. No matter how much I like the actors I hated how the drama ended.

I am already cursing. So I just want to go forget this stupid show. Thank you everyone who actually could bear to watch it.

Addit- I am halfway through the episode . Don't even care about the murder. What the **** the angst was because of the stupid reporter? How f*****ing lame is that?

And when SH said HY can't calll SG to be with her, her freaking thoughts are still about him? After she blew HY's caring again? He blew off his presentation for her. And SH still cared about SG and the stupid hotel troubles? Oh go marry the hotel then and stay single.

Even ep 16 is making me angry.

I really need to watch When The Wind Blows to hopefully make some of my anger subside. What a stupi, dimwit, seriously devoid of normal feelings of a replacement writer. She obviously did not watch enough K dramas to even know there are certain goal posts to follow. This was not even mildang. It's straight forward in- your- face stupidity.

Guest LadyAra

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "My Secret Hotel" Episode 16

photo505140.jpg

The mystery is solved in a mostly satisfactory way. Personally, I'd quibble a bit on the issue of exact timing. The main essential element to solving the murders only appeared a few episodes ago with Seong-gyeom's mother. Without her I have a lot of trouble guessing how we were supposed to identify the killer at all, though I can see how Geumb- managed it. But then there were other reasons why she needed to be held back this long. [more]

Okay, just finished watching ep 16 with subs.  And, I have to say that the heart, which we found in the beginning episodes, was back in this last episode.  The finale had a nice feel to it.

So, if you haven't watched it, do so because you've earned a 'feel good' episode, after wading through the mire that was the last 10 episodes.  ;)

Guest LadyAra

"My Secret Hotel" Jin I-han and Yoo In-na make ends meet

photo505134.jpg

On the final episode of the tvN drama "My Secret Hotel", Nam Sang-hyo (Yoo In-na) and Goo Hae-yeong (Jin I-han) reunited after resolving 7 years' worth of misunderstanding.

Soo-ah (Ha Yeon-joo) told Nam Sang-hyo about Hae-yeong's love for her in the past. Although she was dumped by him, Sang-hyo made her way to Hae-yeong's house.

Jeong-eun (Hwang So-hee) answered his door while wearing his shirt. Sang-hyo was disappointed to think she might be his new girlfriend. Behind the closed door, Sang-hyo heard him yelling at Jeong-eun for wearing his shirt so she knocked on his door again.

Hae-yeong found out that Sang-hyo had gone to see him in New York 7 years ago and Jeong-eun was the cause of their misunderstanding. Hae-yeong asked Sang-hyo again if she'd really been to see him, then hugged her.

Sang-hyo said, "I heard you were going to New York. I'll go with you if I have to. I'll wait if I have to". Hae-yeong said, "It might take me a while. Can you really wait?"

At the airport, Sang-hyo cried after saying goodbye to Hae-yeong. Then he reappeared and said, "I told you. I'm not going anywhere without you" and kissed her. He'd decided to stay with her.

Source : www.etoday.co.kr/news... [more]

I feel so happy... 
Since the drama ended, you ask? NO!
I stopped this drama such a long time ago, that now I can't even understand the short form for their names! (Ofcourse I get SG,GHY and SH... others I gotta search :P) :))
Well I didn't get what I wanted. The first 4 episodes were perfect and that's all I'm going to remember. The others I didn't watch that attentively anyway. 

SH and HY has the most ridiculous misunderstanding in the whole kdrama land, that took them 16eps to clear that. They fail in communication skill. The two of them should just attend a short course and learn how to communicate. OR maybe the writer should.They could have just finished the series in 10eps.Why make SH so indecisive.Why make HY cried and cried throughout the drama. I wouldn't complaint too much as I did learn things from this drama..Lesson learnt -Don't ever be like SH. Don't cry so much like HY. And COMMUNICATE!Do not stay in any hotel name "Secret". and don't trust security guards!
Thumbs up to HY. He deserve an award for his crying skills. Not many actors have moved me with their cries. Oh...his cry at the bar. that was really moving, it even made his assistant moved to tears. I would love to see more of his comedy acting in his future project. His crying skill is good but I prefer his comedy act better.
I love PR manager and hope to see her more in future dramas.I love HY's assistant too and also hope to see more of his dramas in the future.
As for SG (my all time fav actor), he hasn't failed me in his acting skills.
Journalist - I knew she was the culprit when she first saw SH at the hotel and she went hiding from SH. I won't watch her future dramas..
And not to forget Wink-wink detective (both detectives), I have actually enjoyed their roles in the drama.
So we have the long awaited happy ending. The two finally got together.The first thing that they should do is to attend a COMMUNICATION course.

Done watching the finale! Not the best ending ever but fiiiine I'll take it even if it's kinda unbelievable. Cried a lot on Kyung Hee scenes :(( I felt really bad for her love not being reciprocated. Love her advice to NSH. If only she said that 10 episodes ago... hahhaha.

Love love love Eun joo's antics! Hahaha the girl has attitude even when she's chattering from the cold. LOL. And the last scene hahahha. I love her so much. My new girl crush! I'm going to watch her old dramas next.

Like the rest of you, I find HY and SH's miscommunication to be the worst! Lesson in real life, open your mouth and talk about what bothers you! Don't be passive aggressive thinking the other party is a mind reader who knows exactly why you're acting up.. 8-|

Also I just realized this... even though the first 4 episodes were magical and pure genius, what really hooked me to this drama is the OST!!! Really, just hearing the songs I love, I'm getting this tingly feeling so combine that with the F4 (first 4 eps), the drama is <3. My favorites are tracks 3, 5, and 11. "seeeecreeeet... lalalalalalaala"

See you in a new (hopefully good) drama thread!  :-h

dishie said: Done watching the finale! Not the best ending ever but fiiiine I'll take it even if it's kinda unbelievable. Cried a lot on Kyung Hee scenes :(( I felt really bad for her love not being reciprocated. Love her advice to NSH. If only she said that 10 episodes ago... hahhaha.

Love love love Eun joo's antics! Hahaha the girl has attitude even when she's chattering from the cold. LOL. And the last scene hahahha. I love her so much. My new girl crush! I'm going to watch her old dramas next.

Like the rest of you, I find HY and SH's miscommunication to be the worst! Lesson in real life, open your mouth and talk about what bothers you! Don't be passive aggressive thinking the other party is a mind reader who knows exactly why you're acting up.. 8-|

Also I just realized this... even though the first 4 episodes were magical and pure genius, what really hooked me to this drama is the OST!!! Really, just hearing the songs I love, I'm getting this tingly feeling so combine that with the F4 (first 4 eps), the drama is <3. My favorites are tracks 3, 5, and 11. "seeeecreeeet... lalalalalalaala"

See you in a new (hopefully good) drama thread!  :-h

Sunset90

said: I feel so happy... 

Since the drama ended, you ask? NO!

I stopped this drama such a long time ago, that now I can't even understand the short form for their names! (Ofcourse I get SG,GHY and SH... others I gotta search

:P

)

:)

)

Well I didn't get what I wanted. The first 4 episodes were perfect and that's all I'm going to remember. The others I didn't watch that attentively anyway. 

Archived