[Drama 2014] My Secret Hotel (마이 시크릿 호텔)

nikkisjs

Yes, it is finally over. If only we have more of the HY/SH reunited chemistry much earlier! How can 2 persons who love each other so much be so bad at communicating heart to heart with each other!
Eun Joo is a gem! She is too good for SG. Lol.
So sad and sorry for Asst Manager Yang. Her advice is spot on and something that can be used in real life regarding relationship. So while we are dis-satisfied with the second writer, this advice must have come from her, right? :)
Regarding SH's father whom SG's mother hated, I thought it was mentioned that it is Asst Manager Hwang, the one who has been blackmailing SG's mother and GM for 30 years.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SH and HY are probably one of the most attractive couples in drama land.
I still haven't watched episodes 11-15, but I just finished the final episode and I'm happy. Not the best ending, but it tied a lot of loose ends - wish we knew more about the crazy stalker girl though.
I think YIN has mastered the art of drama crying and saying 'I'm sorry' 
Side note, I find it amazing how easily all the characters can go to the US for work and study haha

It has ended!! Our suffering.. Lol honestly, this drama left me with more unanswered questions. I'm happy SH finally came to her senses because of what Manager Yang told us, but seriously.. it had to be that long before she realized her feelings?
Like I had asked previously, the writer made this big deal about Soo-Ah and Ki-Ho then abruptly ends the relationship because Ki-Ho couldn't give Soo-Ah the life she wanted. And that's it? The writer dedicated 2 episodes to that couple and leaves it at that. Then Soo-Ah randomly appears to "seduce" SG. This was a pointless plot in the drama. The writer could've honest just left it at that when the drove off. Noo... we had to bring them to the honeymoon location. 
They then dragged the reporter girl towards the end.. WHY!! When SH & HY finally resolved their problems, we're left with 2 minutes of their lovey dovey-ness.. What the heck.. I can't believe how this writer got away with all this from the directors, producers, and actors. Don't they usually have inputs on where the story is going? Or did everyone not know what to do with this story? I get the writer tragically passed away, but they completely butchered her vision. 
I agree with you all, one of the best parts of this drama was that OST. So good!! So unworthy of this drama. Lol! I'll miss YEJ's character. She was that stupid friend in Full House, but she got a great role here. Loved her sarcastic humor. At least we get Detective Wink-Wink in a new drama.
--Off topic: Anyone here watching Naeil's Cantabile? I saw the first 2 episodes, Naeil's character was a little too much for me to take in. I felt she was overdoing it.

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Hey you all ! It's been more than a month since I last posted on this thread !! I feel a bit stupid quoting myself, but these are some things I posted here at the very beginning of the drama, when it was still exciting : First message : I Wonder if there will be a huge shift in the plot, since episodes 5 to 16 are written by another writer. I Wonder if this change of writers will be obvious or not...Regarding the plot... Let me remind you that Hae Young was not the only person in the hotel that night. There was also Nam Sang Hyo's colleague (her assistant), the woman who told her she had to go to the doctor. That same night, Hae Young saw her crying (for whatever reason).I think this woman might be involved somehow. When she saw the corpse, she instantly collapsed but I found that even more suspicious. Maybe she was forced to do something she didn't want to. Second message : I am sure that Goo Hae Young & Nam Sang Hyo broke up because of a misunderstanding, involving a third person. This third person may have been an obstacle to their meeting for some reason (lies, not relaying important information... or other matters).I'm sure they broke up because of something stupid, and none of them knows it yet. In my opinion, that journalist who has been having a crush on HY could have been responsible for their breakup. And this may be the reason why she hid after seeing Nam Sang Hyo.Plus,this woman has been having a crush on HY for 8 years, which means one year before NSH and GHY got married. I mean.. the truth is... I don't really know. It is too early to tell. Third message : The story is driving me crazy : I end up suspecting someone new each episode. I was thinking about the drama overall, and what could be the real story of the Secret Hotel, the reason of the tension between general manager Lee and JSG. I came up with THIS...Want to read a delulu story ? Check the spoiler below : Spoiler : "In fact, way before JSG was born, there was... a love triangle between Manager Lee, JSG's "father" (i'll call him Mr.Jo) and JSG's mother. Somehow, for some reason, Mr. Jo was murdered in 1984." Hahahaha ! No comment !

@esehri

The murderer is Yang Kyung He.

Jo Sung Gyum's mother accidentally killed his father, the General Manager was with her at that moment and decided to protect her. Hwang Dong Bae witnessed everything and started threatening the General Manager. So when Yang Kyung He, who is in love with the General Manager, finds out that, gets angry and stabs Hwang Dong Bae. She also hit Heo Young Min while trying to get the necklace back. Cha Dong Min knew everything but because he was in love with her, he decided to protect her and take the blame.

Hope it's clear ^^
P.S. You didn't miss anything good. ;) I don't even know how I brought myself to finish it XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bluer0se

Oh no, I'm still on episode 5 and I'm dreading the following episodes. One of the things that made me want to watch this drama is JYH! and seeing that YIN is the other lead made me more hopeful. But, I'm already sensing the faults in Sang Hyo's character. She looks very indecisive. She clearly likes Hae Young. She keeps sending mixed signals. One moment she's flirting with JSG then she'd be crying because of Hae Young. Ugh. There shouldn't even be a love triangle in this drama. There's a lot happening already. They should just focus on the murder and getting GHY and NSH together. JSG should just be the misunderstood best friend. 

Archived