Hwang Chansung(2PM) & Ada LiuYan; Perhaps Love(Chinese dating show)

serendibite

@serendibite Thanks for the insight.  I think it's like @viyra says also, that they just want to be able to date publicly too.  I do feel bad for these idols and they way their fans view them as their own property sometimes....they are entitled to have a life as well and while it's thanks to the fans that they are where they are, their duty to the fans ends when they are off the stage.  Their private and personal life should be just that and not dictated by what their fans or agency says.  This is just my opinion, however.  I just have seen these young idols go through so much once it is found out that they are seeing someone and it is really unfair the hatred that comes out because of it.  At what point are the fans OK with the person dating...when they are old, gray and washed up??  It seriously makes no sense.  Ok, sorry, that is enough of my two cents worth on the subject.  I hope in the case of Chansung, he gets something meaningful out of this experience and if it does turn out to be a relationship for real, that his fans treat him and her with kindness.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@viyra I appreciate discussing these things with you. It gives this thread more depth and makes it more interesting :D
I think the main reason we have such different opinions is that I'm discussing why they may be not dating while you're discussing why they may be not dating openly. Am I wrong? :)  Of course, they would take their fans into consideration but they still can date. I'm not sure if what I'm writing makes sense to you, English isn't my main langage. ^:)^
My point is: they're not that desperate to need a dating show to date. I don't mean they won't enjoy really dating if they liked their partner ;))
It's a bit off topic so I'll put it in a spoiler

2PM take a high percentage of what they're making. Depending on the activities and where they made them. 

It's a matter of contracts and agencies. When you're new you don't get that much money since you're paying back for your trainee days. 2PM renewed their contract and considering the fact they're in a powerful position, I think they're treated well.

@PeggyM I agree. I feel bad for them for having such huge constraints. They should overthink every action and it's a shame.But what can we do? they're not entitled idols for nothing. That's why I'm glad 2PM are taking a certain direction with their careers right now, enabling them to stand out more as individuals than a group of idols. 

@serendibite - I  always like the exchange of opinions regarding a topic.  Our opinions may differ in some areas but none implies hatred on what we are discussing.  Bottom  line - we like the same people.

How often does this show air and when....I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere before, but I could not find it, sorry.  I'm anxious for new episodes and more subs, seems like it takes a long time.  Why did I have to start watching this?.....now I cannot get enough!!!!!
@serendibite Thanks for at least posting pics and videos, it helps get me through, but still makes me want to see the new episodes!!!

@PeggyM You're welcome  ;;)   1 episode/Week and it airs on Sunday
I feel you. I want more! :-<
The ones subbing it are mainly Nichkhun subbers. Now that Khun has a drama to sub and a lot of activities in China, they have a lot to do. I'm sure they're doing their best :D  

@serendibite I will be patient, I know subbing is not easy and I appreciate those that do it for us.....even though I'm anxious, at least I can watch in RAW in the mean time :)  Have you watched the Khun's new drama....I heard it was dubbed over his voice??   

Just want to thank @Khunnie_Subs for the awesome job in subbing IYL. 

They even sub those little expressions on the side - daebakkk!  More enjoyable to watch.

Me - getting curious and impatient too - want more!

I hope they show the Music Billboard portion - where the two have become  closer.

Guest sophora

Hi Everyone  :-h  
Have heard about this show for a while, but only started watching it this week...and boy, have I fell for Chansung and Liu Yan LOL!!  Have watched the episodes repeatedly, and am loving their goofy, genuine personalities and interactions.
A quick self-introduction; I have only ever seen and shipped one couple before: Taec and Guigui from GWGM (Anyong to fellow TaecGui shippers :-h ).  Less than a year ago, I had never heard of WGM, never heard of 2PM, knew nothing about k-pop (still don't actually, only k-pop group I know and like is 2PM), and had never joined any forum nor SNS.  But I somehow came across TaecGui cuts of GWGM back in November, and now here I am, someone couple-shipping for the first time (well, second time now) in 30+ years :)  On a side note, I was barely keeping up with shipping one couple, am not sure how I will cope with shipping two couples...yet I know I will try.  Sigh, I feel like the lyrics of 2PM's A.D.T.O.Y., "I am crazy, what exactly did you do to me"?! :-O :)

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and thank @serendibite for the thread and everyone for sharing.  I have enjoyed reading all the posts, and am happy to find fellow fans of Chansung and LiuYan :) 
See you later, and hope everyone have a lovely evening/day!

p.s. before I go, just share some more photos from what I guess is the next episode.  I love how CS and LY are so comfortable around each other, and seem to have so much fun together - even when doing something as 'mundane' as the laundry :) 

cr: HuBei TV "If You Love" Weibo

c0196e66gw1ei95cx5gjgj21kw1zutlx.jpg?gl=c0196e66gw1ei95d1a072j21kw2dcqi9.jpg?gl=c0196e66gw1ei95cuoorkj21kw11xah2.jpg?gl=c0196e66gw1ei95dg1gxfj21kw2dcwvi.jpg?gl=

c0196e66gw1ei8pa8kl85j21kw2db4dt.jpg?gl=
c0196e66gw1ei8puspekyj21kw2dc4h7.jpg?gl=

p.p.s. from what I could understand from Weibo, this actually is LY's home in Beijing.  As for the two visitors, came across some background info online:

The visitor with the glasses is HuXia, a popular young singer from the same agency as LY: Enlight Media Group, the leading entertainment group in China according to Watch China Times' article here.

The guy in the green t-shirt is ShiYang, a close friend of LY's since their early tough days in Beijing.  SY and LY were both contestants in the Enlight Media's 2005 MC competition which LY mentioned in ep3.  Although he came in second place, he was not offered a contract by Enlight Media.  SY, 18 at the time, opted to stay in Beijing and try his luck with other talent shows.  He did not have much money, and LY, flat-mating and not having much money herself (plus having to support her family and save money for her mother's operation), would let him crash on the couch and also feed him.  SY calls LY "LiuMa", which means Mother Liu, and they have been friends ever since.  SY is now the owner of a successful online shop.

p.p.p.s. HBTV IYL have just posted below gif on their Weibo...can't wait for the next episode!

ep8%2520c0196e66gw1eiaahjkkoag208w050e81

@sophora - thank you for sharing some pics of CS and LY - very entertaining to watch.  Also, thank you for the info on LY - it makes me like her more.

Love the gif at the bottom - looks like our CS is  getting physical!  That gif put a big smile on my face!!!  I like that they have become more comfortable with each other, especially ChanSung, considering the age difference between them.

@BiruAngel haha so that's what they were saying? =)) shaking my head...........He loses it when he's hungry; He forgets he has an image to maintain :))

Nice to see you here :-h*********************************************@sophora hello!   ;;)Welcome! I like what you posted about LY and her friends. I don't know much about her but I admire what she has done.
That gif too :Dgetting physical aren't they Oh-my-GIF.gif

tumblr_n8lrkuCLxQ1td5jxho1_500.jpg
tumblr_n8lrkuCLxQ1td5jxho3_500.jpg

*********************************************Chansung going to Macau today; probably for the filming tumblr_n8lopqRa7i1saapw7o1_500.jpg
tumblr_n8lp0t718h1tcx6weo1_500.jpg

He took this picture on his way and posted it on twitter :)tumblr_n8ln022KEn1rxbjvbo1_500.png

Thanks for sharing pics again my dear friends - really, really wanted more of them together. I noticed how many times ChanSung changes his clothes while LiuYan hasn't. ChanSung must really sweat a lot. And he is being very considerate on being neat around LiuYan.

@sophora Thanks for sharing the pics....but most especially that last gif...holy cow!!!!  I cannot wait to see this physical contact between the two...WTG Chansung for being a MAN....that age difference means absolutely nothing!!! 

Guest sophora

@viyra @serendibite @PeggyM  Thanks ladies :) LOL re that gif.  It was really late where I am, but as soon as I saw it last night, my jaw kinda dropped, then I couldn't stop grinning; the next thought was "gotta share this with the ladies at soompi" :)) (love your gif too @serendibite   ;)  )Yes, WTG Chansung!  When I see them together, I just completely forget that there's an age difference, and it feels like language and distance differences all fly out the window too.
Also, would like to share what CS posted on his Weibo (link hereat 12:11pm today (China time):我们在澳门塔!!! [嘻嘻] Translation: We are at Macau Tower!!![嘻嘻]82a5bfc7jw1eib1kyhsfuj20hs0dcwge.jpg?gl=
Again, WTG Chansung !
Re: background info on LYI've never heard of LY before this show, but was curious after watching.  However, it seems that she is not known outside China, and there were very little English info on her.  Luckily, I can understand Chinese, and as she's a household name in China, there were numerous interviews online, and I also came across her blog.  The more I found out about her, the more I liked her as a person in her own right.  I might even say that I have become a fan :)If you ladies won't consider it off-topic, I might share more background stories when I can (in spoilers so that people can skip it if they don't want to read it).  For myself, I find that knowing these helped me 'understand' the show more, for example, I can appreciate why there were tears after CS gave her the shoes and said what he did.However, please let me know if it would be inappropriate for a couple thread.  I am still fairly new to forums, and what rules one should follow.  If there are any objections, please let me know.

Archived