Hwang Chansung(2PM) & Ada LiuYan; Perhaps Love(Chinese dating show)

serendibite

@serendibite - that's not me saying it - I  read somewhere CS fans said 'they will never let their idol date an old woman'.

Why do these two (CS & LY) always want to get wet?  Weren't they supposed to be riding the gondola?  Why are they in the water again?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest amoner

Hello, i am coming.From  @è‰¾é¢–æŽ , you can konw more about CS and LY. She will post new message or video or pic in time. She easily post these things more than I.And now, i will share a song form LY. The lyrics are written by her.  It's a  marvelous song. If  you can understand the meaning of the lyrics, you will feel very touched. I'm sorry I can't  translate lyrics.http:Home • shippers' paradiseSAVE DRAFT WGive you the website : http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjcxMDIyMDMy.html
Hoping you will like it. If only there was someone to help translate lyrics.Bty, the man who appeared in video is just her good friend.  He composed this song.

Guest amoner

I am sorry , Something is wrong with my computer . I send the same message several times. I don't know how to delete it . So,  please ignore duplicate information.

@amoner - to delete your posts, please go back to the boxes.  At the upper right-hand corner is a button that looks like a wheel - click on that and the word 'edit' will show.   Click on the edit and your original box where you posted will show.  Delete the whole post and just say 'sorry - double post'.  Hope this helps.  If a moderator sees this, she would think you are spamming the thread and spamming is against soompi rules.

BTW - that video is very nice - LY really pretty.  And isn't that the guy DaPeng?

Guest relax93600

Yes, the guy is DaPeng. I saw an interview with LY and this song was written by DaPeng. LY said that she used to write down her thoughts during several trips in airplanes. DaPeng used some of LY's notes to write this song.

Guest 艾颖�

KKKKKKK
beautiful two,,,no word can express how excited i am...
it is too difficult to take beautiful pictures under water ...
thanks them to give us these..BszrlbvCAAILuks.jpg:large
BszrlaBCIAE5eI6.jpg:largeBszrlajCIAMTLID.jpg:largeBszrlavCYAArKBD.jpg:large

Guest sophora

@è‰¾é¢–æŽ · Thank you so much for the clips.  They are awesome!  He sure likes to touch her head doesn't he :))
Thanks to all for sharing the awesome photos and links too.  I really hope there will be more collaborations between them.  The show is just too short for me...hope there will be a season two and they will be in it [-O<

And you ladies are right, it seems that LY is mostly bashed for having a sexy image and bust size.  A lot of people leave degrading, disparaging, crude comments on her Weibo; and I am sorry to say there were people attacking her age (in relation to CS).
Background info on LY's reputation and her work ethics: (warning, this snowballed into something quite long...now the thread might be unbalanced the other way...we need more CS stuff please :)) )

The media doesn't help either.  Some, not all, news agencies (or should I say tabloids) give offensive and lewd headlines to any reports involving LY.  (They managed to do that to the pool scene of ep2, as well as the new underwater photos with the horse.  And they had a field day after twisting her words the other day, along with JYPE's denial.)  Even photos of her wearing ordinary t-shirts at airports would be given headlines like "LY Covers Up!"  or "LY Dresses Conservatively!", implying she usually dresses otherwise.  And if she dresses sexily at a press con, premiere or red carpet event, they'd say something like "LY Exposes Br**sts To Grab Attention".  Because she's on the news so often, almost everyday, people glancing casually at the headlines might not have a very good impression of her.  If you look at her Weibo, a lot of people who became fans after watching IYL left messages saying that they used to be misled by media reports, now they've learned not to judge a person by their looks, etc.

LY seems to be a woman with polar-opposite reputations.  Those who've never tried to get to know her would only focus on her figure; assuming that's her only asset.  Some also assume she has no brains because of her bust size (a common degrading saying in Chinese, similar to 'dumb blond').  On the other hand, those who knew her, who've worked with her, or seen her programs, interviews etc, would think differently.  They'd see how hard she works and how intelligent she is.  In fact she is known in the MC circle as a model worker and "拼命三娘"  (a lady who puts in the utmost effort in what she does, puts her life in it.)

LY was a complete workaholic.  After signing a contract with Enlight Media and coming to Beijing, she threw herself into work.  Enlight created a competitive environment among MCs who were signed at the same time.  Although it was friendly competition, there was still pressure to do well in order to keep going and not be replaced.  One had to improve oneself every year.  If one doesn't improve and evolve, what used to be a pro would become a con in management's eyes.

She quickly became a popular MC, and it was not uncommon for her to have about 8 MC jobs at a time; some being regular shows, others being one-off events or seasonal shows (at her busiest, she had 12 MC jobs).  She often went to sleep at 3am and woke up at 7am.  When asked how she could get up, she answered that it takes 3 seconds to overcome yourself.  Even when she did have some free time, she booked classes for self-improvement.  Because she hosted variety shows, she took singing classes, dancing classes, performance arts classes, just so that she would be prepared.

LY felt that everybody worked hard, so she had to work even harder in order to have a chance.  Especially since she did not have a related major in school and she thought she wasn't very talented.  (She used to be a nurse.)  She said that she was a girl from Hunan, and Hunan girls are known for being able to endure hardship, to just grit their teeth and soldier on.  Besides, she was very driven; she was willing to do all she could for her family.  In fact, she had sworn that she would make her family happy before seeking her own happiness.  It had even crossed her mind that as long as her family is happy, she'd be fine with never finding 'the one'.  (She was supporting her parents and pitching in for her brother's house - from a 2008 interview.  Even though her mother had told her brother that he had to pay her back, she waved them off, saying what was the point of her having an income if her family doesn't spend it.  LY didn't mention it, but she herself was still renting at the time, and didn't have a car.)

References:
"A Date With Luyu" 2008 03 19 link here
LY's Blog link here
LY's Weibo link here

This is getting to be very long-winded, and it's also getting very late where I am  :))  I'll stop here and continue some other time.

I am so glad there are other people who understands Chinese here.  My Mandarin is technically elementary school level.  Please kindly let me know of any mistakes in my translation and I will correct it.  Usually I am not very confident with translating, but there were so little English info on LY, and yet her 'bad reputation' had been spread (I think I saw comments about it under the allkpop article).  I thought I'd just do what little I could to share other sides of LY.  But I am finding it a bit difficult since it's been a long time since I wrote anything (last time I did, I think it was for a school essay, and THAT was a long time ago :))  , let along trying to make it flow logically.  I hope it's not too incoherent.

Anyhow, thanks for reading.  Have a good night everyone
:-h

Most people refuse to look  at the good side of someone they usually envy.   And the way I see it, a lot of people envy LiuYan - because she has good assets - and to them, that asset is against their preference.

Everything I've seen LiuYan does in the show is very entertaining to me.  She may be sexy and have provocative style, she don't use it on CS.  There are some instances she wants to treat CS as a young guy and not look at him as a man but their chemistry is trying to disprove that.  She is not clingy, in fact, she sometimes try to keep her distance.  Didn't she  even stop CS from addressing her as plain 'LiuYan'? 

LiuYan, the way I see it,  being an older woman, would be a man's dream to take home to his parents.  To me,  being able to take care of the man of the  house is the most important thing.  And I think CS saw a lot of that in LY.

Thanks  for sharing those  wonderful pictures again.

Guest relax93600

Sophora-->thanks for the translation. I did not know LY nor CS before IYL. This show gave to both of them a chance to be better known by their public. Viyra--> agree with you. Some of my Chinese female friends asked me why I appreciate LY? I told them that so far I have read about her I admire her successful career. Not easy for a girl from Hunan from a "common" family to become well-known. Just as she said, either she is hosting, dancing, singing or acting these are just part of her job. I believe we are do not have the same attitude at work as at home. Well, why should this be different for an artist? If LY wears sexyly, it is all her right and part of her job, she only does her job!

Guest relax93600

By the way, as said before, I do understand Chinese but I do not read it. So when I hear LY's comments in IFY she is someone who knows how to express herself in a cultivated way. Of course, express herself is part of her job, but she got absolutely class...OK, maybe it is something she learned but I believe that somehow her classy style is innate

@sophora thank you for that glimpse into LY's life

She's the one with the most exposure in China and she kept promoting CS subtly. She was also the one asking for the filming to be paused when he was ill.

I won't judge her for her clothes only, anyone doing so is narrow minded.

Thank you all for the information regarding LiuYan - I am more impressed now. 

@serendibite - wow!  She really did request for the postponement  of  the filming due to CS illness?  What a considerate woman.

In the  NamSan episode, when she said in her backroom interview that she don't want to change other people's decision because of her.  That's why she decided she should allow CS to run to the finish point while she take the cable car.  That is someone considerate of someone's desire.

Guest 艾颖�

I am very surprise LY is a crazy girl in her real life.....i can not find CS`s video in web maybe his agency is very serious about his real life....

Bs4Ww6-CQAIk_bp.jpg:largeBs4WxE1CQAE2RqH.jpg:largeBs4WxE5CUAA_vc_.jpg:largeBs4WxACCYAEp5hE.jpg:large

ALL things are coming from BAIDU TIEBA...

That video was funny - while the others were playing, the guy is glasses is busy eating. 

Looks like most  of LY friends love to eat just like her.  Her and CS are a perfect match when it comes to eating.  I guess when they decided the pairing, it turned out CS and LY chose the dinner because they both love to eat - and that's fate.

LY personality is very down-to-earth.  That's why it was so quick for CS to get comfortable  around her.  Good to see CS enjoying the company of LY friends.

Thanks for sharing the pics again - love to see them holding hands - looks like it's CS who's leading the relationship.

I'll just spam the thread -

To the one whose name is hard to write - thanks for sharing that video where there were surprises by the couples.  Would that be shown in the future?   That's the one I was referring to where there's a lot of hugging from CS and LY - and looks like LY was even in tears.

Archived