What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

• 3 weeks later...

Hold My Hand At Twilight

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToCQ6dU0wrcvxsJCztWzx

that is a funny and light romance drama, I like the humor and I learned some phrases.

Although I dont understand some of the jokes and the word games...:D 

Hunting marriage stills

Minato Girl - Girls who visit rich districts for rich guys

''Great Tokyo'' look and  ''Toyo Eiwa'' good-girl style, the FL looked beautiful in that blue dress...

uZorG3zA7pmdEZHhVmzh5sJ4nrR.jpg

• Wiggle 1

Its my first time watching a makjang jdrama...:D

Cursed In Love...

00fb3069c0af2f29e2beacd2c7e8d62c.jpg

8d51fd089bfe86c56305a378ed938275.gif

ctto

poor the FL...

the MIL poured water on that girl, the grandfather threw a sake cup at her and the co-worker threw the jar

at her from upstairs....:rolleyes:

Anyway, the MIL is more hilarious than scary... 

My fav scenes are the scenes of the main couple and the part about Japanese sweets...

bf815d9c0be7476f9a2be46d002324ee.jpg

The mysterious plot is very intriguing. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Cursed In Love

I didnt even know that Japan has a long tradition of making sweets.

Im not sure if Japanese traditional sweets only include sweets made from red beans..:unsure:

Anyway, the sweets in this drama are wonderful.

EgFmXyOXkAEvt6i?format=jpg&name=360x360

EgFmddzWkAEwbd6?format=jpg&name=360x360

EjRGEMOVgAAajuo?format=jpg&name=360x360

So, the FL is a true heir. The master is her father, but then who is Tsubaki's father....:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

The last two episodes were the best even though the main leads were separate. 

Tsubaki and this guy, Takagawa are half brothers, that was a good plot twist...

Happy Ending...they both deserve to run the confectionery store...:approves:

EwGrmK-VEAI3p7W?format=jpg&name=360x360

Elu2R9QVMAAoKjN?format=jpg&name=small

• Wiggle 1

I started watching Ishiko and Haneo on Netflix.  So far, it's better than expected.  An unlikely pairing of a paralegal Ishiko and lawyer, Haneo.  She seems meticulous and hardworking; he much more laid back, but intelligent.  The client in the 1st episode looks really familiar , but I can't place him.  

I have Yu-yu Hakusho on hold.  I was surprised to see it in the Netflix top ten in the US market.  

• Wiggle 1

49 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I have Yu-yu Hakusho on hold.  I was surprised to see it in the Netflix top ten in the US market.  

I'm surprised it's only 5eps? I've watched the animé series of it, which has more than 100 eps. I'm afraid to watch the live action version now that it's only 5eps. :blink: 

• Shocked 1

Hold My Hand At Twilight

The bonus at the end of the last episode was funny and lovely.  :D

036a33f0e5a0efa7f3bb7210d3b73ef8.jpg

I noticed that this table is the center in the house. I found it strange that the two of them were sleeping

next to the table. And then I read this blanket around the table is actually an electric heating blanket.

If thats true, then it is a simple and ingenious solution to keep the house warm during the winter.

255985bbcf9dea2b12439a44a0bf9f64.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPfgn9_d3S0

@MayanEcho  : Have you seen the video above?  That person has a couple of videos for Silent.  I, too, am rewatching Silent :blush:  It's rare that I rewatch dramas, but I think I've rewatched it at least 3 times.  I can't wait for Ren Meguro's next project.  He said he wants to be active, so that's good for us.

I dropped Ishiko and Haneo.  Each episode is about a different case; a little like Atty Woo.  Ishiko bugged me.  Her hair specifically :grimace:

• Love 1

15 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Have you seen the video above? 

I did! The drama has very talented fans who make these lovely edits. 

I, too, am rewatching Silent :blush:  It's rare that I rewatch dramas, but I think I've rewatched it at least 3 times. 

When my gremlins are ready to continue watching, it will be my 4th time, hehehe! 

There are plenty quotable quotes and hard truths while watching Silent. I especially like the convo on who's your special person and who's not without saying so. :lol:

I can't wait for Ren Meguro's next project.  He said he wants to be active, so that's good for us.

I might be wrong, or the auto translate wasn't on point, but in a YT appearance few weeks ago with another showbiz personality who's his senpai in the industry, he mentioned that he was filming. If I got it right, then that could be a movie, a drama, or commercial endorsement/s.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

If you hear anything about Ren Meguro's next project, post it here!  I like mystery type dramas, so I'm hoping he chooses that type of drama rather than a romcom.

I would if there's any confirmed announcement, cos the agency he and his group belong to is known to be notoriously secretive! :sweatingbullets: 

So amusing that when he did a romcom after his debut, it would be BL with another idol. And I'm with you about mystery dramas, cos that genre rarely drags, hehehe!

I'd also love to see him in more uncommon roles, playing pushing the envelope type of characters. He'd be great as the hero or as the villain. He certainly did in Takizawa Kabuki.

• Like 2

Vanishing My First Love ( My Mix-Up Love)

Its the first Japanese BL drama I watched.

I liked the humor, the optimism, the misunderstandings about the eraser and Aoki's imaginations are so hilarious..  :D

the main couple.. Ida and Aoki

270ecf7b80e29a62dae256c2d47afa25.jpg

aef794337cb0c7c937f1662f0e155b32.jpg

the second couple..Akkun and the girl..

Im pretty sure he fell for her because of her Gorilla punch... :D

tumblr_l_7539619168632.gif

ctto

• LOL 2

Usokon ( Our Fake Marriage) 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMNOrXClk9JJdePgv3-ij

The main couple looked good together but Shindo (Watanabe's character ) was most interesting to me.

I thought he would have his own story but his role was only to advise the main couple. :rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3MVJaN6jcmJ9bMADHeUK

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmPj1boOCQJpMb8Zn2UHw

• Wiggle 1

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

Hey all...enjoy watching all Jdramas.. cos I know I do... back read the thread.. you'll see good recommendations! :thumbsup:

Btw.. Kimitaku doing the Grand Mason Tokyo movie version. I'll suggest you check the drama first..good drama and tons o good mouth watering dishes!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Finally finished Yu yu Hakusho; not my type of show.  I guess I liked the friendships that developed.  I probably would have dropped it if it exceeded 5 episodes.  Now I'm back to MIU 404.

• Wiggle 1