What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

I've started Yu Yu Hakusho, done with ep01. As of what I've seen, I'm more in the nostalgic side, especially after hearing the anime version opening theme song getting played in the background in one scene. 

I didn't have much expectations with the  CGI and SFX since there shouldn't be comparison with the animated version. I like what I've seen though, however the live action version isn't for kids for a lot of reasons. :sweatingbullets:

Now about to start with ep02.

@rocher22 hope the snow's not too much! It's a bit chilly in the mornings here in the sandpit, with a bit of fog.

Oh, it's curious how there's so much posts about Silent in IG. @CarolynH Taking this with a grain of salt though, but some comments, there might be a season 2, airing middle of this year?

For me if there's an upcoming season 2 this year, it's more likely Trillion Game basing from  Ren Meguro's hair, LOL! Following that logic though, it can also be Silent from Meme's fringes and haircut few months ago. :lol: Anyhow, I'd be happy to see any new drama or movie of his.

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

Finished live action Yu Yu Hakusho!

The 5 eps is more or less introduction of the characters, their roles and capabilities, and their universe. Pretty sure that there will be at least 3 seasons of 10-15 live action eps each if most, if not all, of the anime version will be adapted.

All eps have gore and violence, implied or otherwise, so definitely not for the very young. I enjoyed the camaraderie of the main 4, their dry humour, and their biting sarcasm to each other, like how Hiei tells off Kuwabara to stop talking to his sister cos she's too good for him, LOL!

• Like 1

@MayanEcho As much as I love Silent, I rather not see a season 2.  I'd hate to see a mediocre sequel when the original was something special.  I wouldn't mind a 2nd season for Trillon Games though.  

On Amazon Prime, there's a Japanese movie, "See Hear Love" that sounds interesting.  A manga artist, who is caring for his gransmother is slowly going blind.  He plans to end his life, but is saved by a deaf fan.  They begin life together.  I think i'll watch it.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

As much as I love Silent, I rather not see a season 2.  I'd hate to see a mediocre sequel when the original was something special.  I wouldn't mind a 2nd season for Trillon Games though.  

I too don't want, cos it's already perfect as it is. It would be hard to top or even match the season 1 if ever there's a Silent season 2. 

Trillion Game should definitely have another season of more ambitious and outrageous Haru and Gaku. :lol:

45 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

On Amazon Prime, there's a Japanese movie, "See Hear Love" that sounds interesting.  A manga artist, who is caring for his gransmother is slowly going blind.  He plans to end his life, but is saved by a deaf fan.  They begin life together.  I think i'll watch it.  

:hwaiting:

• Like 1

@CarolynH Tagged you for the same in +/- thread. :lol: It's nice seeing them and their interaction. Too bad somebody keeps saying "stop" in the background while their pics are taken.

I checked MDL, and yup, Minato actor was in MIU 404.

I'm planning to see the movie Our Secret Diary later. The FL is the younger sister of Sou. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Looks like Im the only one who wants Silent S2   :D

For me it's more of reluctance because if there is a season 2, it should match or exceed season 1's compelling story plot. :D

If there's a season 2, may the boys have better hairstyles, LOL!

There's that rumour that there might be Silent season 2 due around middle of this year. We'll know by that time, hehehe!

@CarolynH the IG reel of Meme says he'd love to work with the Kyoto Film Awards Excellent Staff awardee again - so might be a hint of My Happy Marriage 2 live action movie is in the pipeline? 

And then there's this comment of Meme to Sano's IG inviting him for a meal. Could it be that aside from being friends wanting to meet up, it can also be talks of further collaboration to shoot Trillion Game season 2?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

If there's a season 2, may the boys have better hairstyles, LOL!

especially the Minato actor.  He has a cute baby face; I think he'd look better with a different hairstyle.  I'm sure you noticed how many comments there were about Minato's hair.  On the plus side, I doubt he'll ever bald! :joy:

I saw Meme said he wants to work a lot.  That's good for us.  I can't wait to see what he does next!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 1/19/2024 at 7:39 AM, CarolynH said:

I saw Meme said he wants to work a lot.  That's good for us.  I can't wait to see what he does next!

If IG rumours are true, there might be something on April/May!

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:49 AM, CarolynH said:

Has anyone watched Fermat's Cuisine on Netflix?  i have it saved to watch later.  Still watching MIU 404

I watched the first two episodes. I liked the ML and the connection between math and cooking. 

that was in interesting part.

Although I think you should to love food and cooking to watch the drama. :D

I watched a few episodes of the drama The Sealer. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlFlh_AVs5ySMeeIZn7mY

My fav characters are the swords and the SML...   

the swords in the drama are independents characters to me.  :sweatingbullets:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnW6D2fnfinFR0lG8xYg1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2cuhPdD-dDKeIAqckBC3

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Although I think you should to love food and cooking to watch the drama.

Hmm, I like food, but not cooking.  

Hey, there was a connection in MIU to another drama that I liked Unnatural Death something Investigation--UDI.

@rocher22 @MayanEcho:  Did you like Alice in Borderland?  Some say it's better than Squid Games.

• Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Did you like Alice in Borderland?  Some say it's better than Squid Games.

Am interested, after watching them in their movie Orange. Will try to take a peek when I've time. :)

18 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Although I think you should to love food and cooking to watch the drama. :D

I like food, but I don't always like the preparation and the cooking part, hehehe!

I also don't really follow recipes and prefer to cook by instinct and how I imagine the ingredients would taste together, LOL! 

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Did you like Alice in Borderland?  Some say it's better than Squid Games.

I tried to watch that drama but I dont like the genre. Although the games were very thrilling. 

Anyway, I think it is a good drama. 

I didnt particularly liked Squid Game either. I finished the drama because of the detective. 

Koisuru Keigo 24 ji ( 24 Hours Love Guard)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKjxD8JKQki0NQDphsM5t

ep 1

I watch this drama because of the ML...

The story is predictable but the ML and the FL have a good chemistry.:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsY4a0OifU_ZcUMG50--G

• Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@rocher22 How is Hikaru's acting in his latest drama? I'm so amused when I viewed a suggested i DO ME footage of "Cry Out" in IG, and thought, "the bodyguard sings and dances like this!" :naughty:

:lol:

The bodyguard looks more alluring in the drama than in that video, to me. :D

It doesnt matter if  he is washing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom or taking off his jacket to change the sheets.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgnqD7x6KA_cJ9SqtxsVC

I liked the second episode better. The coffee scene between the bodyguard and the FL was friendly and nice.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9U1to1pojRbhMvyrPslN

but the elevator scene was kind of sexy.

Tatsunosuke (the ML) pulled the FL in the corner of the elevator to protect her. 

But there was no danger, and she just stared at his shoulders for a few moments. 

I think she is slowly falling in love with him. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFdboGtOCwHKq_7TCLCC3

• Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The bodyguard looks more alluring in the drama than in that video, to me. :D

It doesnt matter if  he is washing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom or taking off his jacket to change the sheets.

:approves:

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I liked the second episode better. The coffee scene between the bodyguard and the FL was friendly and nice.

Glad his solo debut drama is doing well :)

I'd watch it once all eps are out.

vXRJOW_3f.jpg

ctto

• Wiggle 1