[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Hi all! Just wanna share the info that YAI will play in a melodrama movie called "Happy Facebook" with a 43 years old actress Lee Mi Yeon. LMY was in Noonas Over Flowers with KHA too. This moviie is gonna be a noona-dongsaeng romance again! But it's omnibus movie so they might appear less than 110 minutes long  coz there are a total of 3 couples with 3 different stories :D

• Like 3

@lisafransisca:...

Thank You for that great piece of news.  What a coincidence that both actresses were in the "Grandpas/Noonas" Over Flowers series!  That PD Na has an amazing ability to select older actresses who can still shine brightly and dazzle an audience.  :)   

His latest "find", the beautiful actress, Choi Ji Woo, whom I could only see "negatively" due to her role in the recent drama, TEMPTATION, although I tried to  "keep an open mind" about her, is a prime example!  Teamed with  Lee Soon Jae in "Grandpas in Greece", I absolutely adore this woman!   And Soon Jae and the grandpas are also crazy about her!   The couple and one grandpa even have a commercial on TV now.    I guess I can expect to see Choi Ji Woo get picked up by a top writer/director team next!    

Not to mention possible wedding bells for the actress and Lee Soon Jae?      :wub:

I'll be looking forward to YAI & that movie!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday YAI had a press conference for his movie Veteran. He talked a bit about SLA. He shot SLA and Veteran at the same time but the characters that he played were total contradiction. In SLA he acted as an angel while in Veteran as an evil :D Dunno what the rest he said about it. If any of you wanna translate the news in English, the news article is here.

@lisafransisca:...

Thank You for that great piece of news.  What a coincidence that both actresses were in the "Grandpas/Noonas" Over Flowers series!  That PD Na has an amazing ability to select older actresses who can still shine brightly and dazzle an audience.  :)   

His latest "find", the beautiful actress, Choi Ji Woo, whom I could only see "negatively" due to her role in the recent drama, TEMPTATION, although I tried to  "keep an open mind" about her, is a prime example!  Teamed with  Lee Soon Jae in "Grandpas in Greece", I absolutely adore this woman!   And Soon Jae and the grandpas are also crazy about her!   The couple and one grandpa even have a commercial on TV now.    I guess I can expect to see Choi Ji Woo get picked up by a top writer/director team next!    

Not to mention possible wedding bells for the actress and Lee Soon Jae?      :wub:

I'll be looking forward to YAI & that movie!

LOOOLLLL!! I ABSOLUTELY  loved CJW in Temptation! ! I was honestly rooting for the divorce so that her character can end up with Mr Bod!!!. Their kiss at the end of episode 11 had me thurrsstayyy!! It's been a while since i saw an open mouth, straightforward kiss like that in a drama. And may I dare say, she has the best mane of hair in Korea. Hands down. I find myself staring at her locks......  wowzers!! ( but I don't like the nose surgery these Koreans do. So obviously fake)

Hi all! Just wanna share the info that YAI will play in a melodrama movie called "Happy Facebook" with a 43 years old actress Lee Mi Yeon. LMY was in Noonas Over Flowers with KHA too. This moviie is gonna be a noona-dongsaeng romance again! But it's omnibus movie so they might appear less than 110 minutes long  coz there are a total of 3 couples with 3 different stories :D

Will YAI be in a love line with CJW?? Because their kiss would knock me off my seat!!! Looking forward to that movie!!

@africandramalover YAI will have a love line with way older actress than CJW in the same movie :D Her name is Lee Mi Yeon. Anyways, in his latest interview in Shanghai June 23, he said that when he was debuted as actor he told press that LMY was his ideal woman so he's happy he could act with her soon:P Such a noona killer! [source]

Here are some excerpts from YAI interview @ Veteran press conference July 1 which related to SLA [source]

"Most of times, I played poor or middle class people. I feel more comfortable compare with playing a rich guy. It feels like wearing my own clothes. I always wore loose T-shirt hanging at the corner of the room while I was acting. Trapping in a nice suit, walking nicely in acting, seem to be a burden to me."

“I shot Veteran when Secret Love Affair was still airing toward the final episode, so it was a little overlapped unintentionally. The good and the evil, they are stark contrast parts. In Secret Love Affair, Lee Seon Jae is an angelic person, while in Veteran I acted as a vicious bastard. It seems difficult jumping this acting gap, but in fact, the clear differences just made everything easy.”

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys~ Just drop by to share this funny article~ interview with director Ryu Seung Wan who helmed 2015 movie "Veteran", starring Yoo Ah In. He mentioned SLA:

“There was one funny moment at the filming location when local folks thought that Yoo Ah In was arrested because of adultery. We did a lot of shooting in actual places, and we had the last scene by the court. We shot in Seocho-dong Court which issued a real arrest warrant and the Mapo Police Station.

“There was a funny thing happened at the time. It was Sunday and there was a civil wedding, and many people came to the place. At first I thought the locals may have heard about this filming. When Yoo Ah In entered the scene handcuffed, some ahjummas said, ‘Aigoo~ Seon Jae, you’re finally arrested.’ Then it dawned on me that they mistook Veteran with Secret Love Affair. I told Yoo Ah In, ‘so you’re gonna go to jail now, not for the assault or murder charge, but for getting caught committing adultery (laughs).”

SOURCE

• Like 4

Hey guys~ Just drop by to share this funny article~ interview with director Ryu Seung Wan who helmed 2015 movie "Veteran", starring Yoo Ah In. He mentioned SLA:

“There was one funny moment at the filming location when local folks thought that Yoo Ah In was arrested because of adultery. We did a lot of shooting in actual places, and we had the last scene by the court. We shot in Seocho-dong Court which issued a real arrest warrant and the Mapo Police Station.

“There was a funny thing happened at the time. It was Sunday and there was a civil wedding, and many people came to the place. At first I thought the locals may have heard about this filming. When Yoo Ah In entered the scene handcuffed, some ahjummas said, ‘Aigoo~ Seon Jae, you’re finally arrested.’ Then it dawned on me that they mistook Veteran with Secret Love Affair. I told Yoo Ah In, ‘so you’re gonna go to jail now, not for the assault or murder charge, but for getting caught committing adultery (laughs).”

SOURCE

@lisafransisca.... LOLOLOL......aigooo, ... ahjummas.... tunny ahjummas......... aigoooo. But it is good though that he says he can separate the two very different characters while filming both the drama and movie at the same time. That says something about his talent as an actor. The director Ryu Seung must have had so much fun with this. Aigooo..... Seon Jae......

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 1

@zenya22 indeed! Most people wonder how he did it but he said these two different poles just made his acting easier!

Kim Hee Ae had an interview prior to Mrs. Cop drama premiere. She was asked whether she and Yoo Ah In would reunite in a drama again as lovers. She replied with "He'd better finish his military service first" :D

She was asked about her feeling on the hawt (with capital H) couple photos with YAI for last year's ELLE, she said: please take it as an art, guys! :P

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

SOURCE

Helloooo guys I'm home!! It's been such a longggg time since I last posted here so glad to see some of you still active here! Thanks @lisafransisca for sharing this!!! How could I have missed this despite following Ah In and Veteran's news quite closely recently!! I was overwhelmed with feels when I saw this so here I am! 

I have something else to share as well. This is half a year late, but I actually had the honour to meet KHA in real life!! I'm currently working on this super overdue fan account that I have been wanting to do so I thought that posting this here would actually push me to finish it.

Lastly, I created an instagram account for my drama/film ost covers and I've already posted some from SLA you're welcomed to drop by @galpianist_ if you're interested ! 

I'll be back for the fan account soon I promise! :D 

• Like 4

Hey~ho @galpianist! :D Nice to hear from you again! I'm glad that you are following YAI & Veteran's news closely. I hope you watch Veteran too while it's airing in U.S right now!

And congrats on meeting with KHA in person! Wow! (Actually I had met YAI in real life too last November 2014~ sorry for not telling you all soon :D ) Good luck and fighting for the fan account! Looking forward to see it~^^

PS: I dropped by  your IG and actually liked some of your videos :P

• Like 3

Hey, everyone!

I was listening to SLA OST for the first time in a long while, and that sent me to some of the notes and comments we'd all made for here and the PianoConversations blog, and I got sucked right back in to all the feelings and ideas and images and lights and colors and fascinating exchanges we all had - so rich!  Aaand, of course, that sent me here to see if the SLA thread was still alive - and, alas! I thought we'd lost it all in the last "renovation" because it doesn't link from the official threads list any more! So as I was mournfully scrolling through the active dramas to see if anything would hook me, there on the second page was SLA, after all! Thanks to @lisafransisca's very recent post, I found it before I quit scrolling through.

I enjoyed our active time together so much - So nice to see people still popping in here.

• Like 3

@gretac Yay for not-too-much scrolling time! :D I'm planning to buy myself a Christmas gift, that is SLA DVD via yesasia and get sucked right back into all the feelings, this time with sharper HD images and colors!

@shamrockmom I don't know how to write it long, but I met him at a fanmeeting, shook hand and took a photo with him, and got his poster. So it's not that personal :P He looks just exactly the same as he is on the screen and when people screamed his name out loud he was totally shocked. lol. Wow you're lucky to have watched his movie. I'll check your review for sure. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

@lisafransisca Thanks for your support! :D I'm not from the U.S. so I'm still waiting for Veteran to air in my country ㅠㅠ sounds really cute that he got so shocked when people screamed his name hahaha maybe because I'm thinking of LSJ and not YAI in my head. 

@gretac Great to hear from you again!! I really missed those times when we had the marathon and live chat even after the drama was completed six months ago. :(

@shamrockmom Yes of course!! It'll be up within this week and I'll notify you guys then! :D 

• Like 2

@gretac Yay for not-too-much scrolling time! :D I'm planning to buy myself a Christmas gift, that is SLA DVD via yesasia and get sucked right back into all the feelings, this time with sharper HD images and colors!

@shamrockmom I don't know how to write it long, but I met him at a fanmeeting, shook hand and took a photo with him, and got his poster. So it's not that personal :P He looks just exactly the same as he is on the screen and when people screamed his name out loud he was totally shocked. lol. Wow you're lucky to have watched his movie. I'll check your review for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, I'm so jealous! You got to shake hands and get a pic too?!? Whoaah!  I think that is pretty cool. I am not sure I would be brave enough to do that, lol. Lucky you! The only fanmeetings like that here are at K-CON. I haven't been to the one here in LA because it used to be outside in the summer heat :sweatingbullets:, but now they've moved it to an air conditioned indoor venue. Plus this year it seemed like there was more emphasis on dramas and not K-pop music only.  I gotta save up for tickets next year and go--it would probably be a fun write-up for the blog. 

• Like 3

@lisafransisca Thanks for your support! :D I'm not from the U.S. so I'm still waiting for Veteran to air in my country ㅠㅠ sounds really cute that he got so shocked when people screamed his name hahaha maybe because I'm thinking of LSJ and not YAI in my head. 

It's because there were around 700 people screaming altogether in a big theater, so imagine how loud it was! And his reaction was funny too. He said, "I'm not an idol [so please stop screaming my name]" :D Teehee!

Wow, I'm so jealous! You got to shake hands and get a pic too?!? Whoaah!  I think that is pretty cool. I am not sure I would be brave enough to do that, lol. Lucky you! The only fanmeetings like that here are at K-CON. I haven't been to the one here in LA because it used to be outside in the summer heat :sweatingbullets:, but now they've moved it to an air conditioned indoor venue. Plus this year it seemed like there was more emphasis on dramas and not K-pop music only.  I gotta save up for tickets next year and go--it would probably be a fun write-up for the blog. 

Well, some people were luckier than me, they played games together with him on the stage. One of them is reenacting the SLA kiss scene with him! Me jelly much tho it wasn't real. I think shaking hands (I shook hands with him twice. Hee!) and taking a group photo are the benefits from the organized fanmeet events, that's why they are not for free :D lol! Still, it was a good experience. It was my first fanmeeting experience too. Yes, you gotta try attending the event once @shamrockmom :) Go go go!

• Like 2

Good people!!

I'm on pianoconversations.WordPress.com.... Reading the script. The script is bringing up all those emotions again!!!! Sooo many feels! I am unable to handle!!! ( I'm totally tearing up. Re-watch needed)

Second... @galpianist ...... I'm so envious! Anxiously awaiting your writeup of meeting KHA!!!

Third, who has bought the YESASIA DVD? Is it a quality product? I want to get it as my Christmas present. :-)

• Like 2