[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

@shamrockmom @lisafransisca @gretac @africandramalover It's up!!! My overdue fan account (only part 1 for now) is up here at my blog with the password khainsg0403. It's quite a long post as I want to be as detailed as I can in remembering the entire experience so I started from the part where I got to know about the meet-and-greet session. You guys can just skip to the second horizontal dash (just after the first picture) for the part about meeting her. I apologise for my poor command of English in the post, English is my complex too! :( 

Btw, @africandramalover, for the YESASIA DVD, do you mean the Singapore version or the Japanese version?? I heard the SG version isn't that good because it's not in HD. The JP version is worth buying though, as they included some BTS interview in the 2nd DVD but it's only available in Japanese (not sure if they have the audio in Korean) with Korean subs ㅠㅠ I hope I didn't remember it wrongly. I'll have to check again if you're intending to get one of those.

• Like 2

@galpianist ...... Lol!!! I am happy that you met KHA...... that was truly awesome!! I just read your blog post.

As a side note,don't Singaporeans spoke good English, being an ex British colony and all.....? Don't be conscious about whether your English is good or not.... I visited Singapore in 2013, and I was intrigued to see signs advertising schools to teach "good' English.... What is the medium of instruction in schools? Is it Chinese or English? 

The YESASIA has the SLA DVD for 37 usd and the soundtrack available for 14 and 17 usd..... I'm wondering about the quality but the production company is from Korea....

• Like 1

@africandramalover Hahaha those signs are there because many Singaporeans like to speak Singlish (basically the mixture of all the languages we have here) so they're encouraging us to speak proper English. We have a Bilingual Policy here so we take Mother Tongue (Mandarin/Malay/Tamil/etc) lessons on top of others which are taught in English. :)

From Korea?? That's weird, the one I'm looking at on YESASIA is the Singapore version and it costs $37.99 USD

• Like 1

Singlish is so cute to listen to! But I can't imitate it though ( I like to imitate accents). Does Singlish affect the speaking and learning in schools that "good English" has to be emphasised?

We also have our own English here and street patois, not to mention the internet lingo that is creeping into daily life. We also have 60 languages, and even if English is an official language, Kiswahili is our national language. So the average Kenyan speaks 3 languages at minimum.... Needless to say, our street English is flowery, but official communication in English is fine....

I guess I won't get the DVD then, I'll make do with the music CDs..... :-(

• Like 1

September 24, 2015 

Hello, Everyone!

Overcome with happiness to see you all here again!   :wub:   (pause for a few tears as I read over page 698!).

I just watched the final episode of  KHA's  SBS series  MRS. COP. Loved the series, and the final episode was tremendously satisfying!  Only this week did I "connect the dots" mentally to appreciate the fact that YAI's 50 episode saeguk, SIX FLYING DRAGONS is the SBS series following MRS. COP!!!  I just had to find a place to shout this out ---and where else to go but back to this forum. 

I was afraid all I might hear was an echo!  B)

Loved KHA as an asskicking, "take-no-prisoners" police person!  Ha Ji Won watch out -- your action drama competitor has arrived! Lots of humor, wit, and great scripts.  Loved the entire cast!  Similar to my favorite CSI, NCSI, etc shows in the States.

I am eagerly anticipating seeing YAI in the 50 episode historic drama! The cast looks amazing  and includes the actor, Kim Myung Min, whom I so loved in his role as Admiral Yi Sun Sin --- one of the series which introduced me to Korean  TV Dramas!  YAI and KMM were enough to hook me into this series!

Well, it's almost 2 AM now. I am both excited and tired.  Will check-out your blogs and all later!  Saving  earlier forum pages for later, too.

PS:   I will have to wait for VETERAN to be available online. Same with YAI's SADO.   Thank you all for your updates:  @lisafrancisca, @galpianist, @gretac, @shamrockmom, and @africandramalover.

PPS:  I am now curious about why SBS has the honor of producing these two actors' series "back-to-back", like this? Which genius made this deal and when?   :rolleyes:    I did not recognize any SLA actors in KHA's drama. Didn't even look at the writers and directors of either  newer series.    

Edited by mdj101
  • Like 3

I just watched Veteran. It's a fun movie, makes you laugh most of the time :D YAI did a great job as a very very horrible wicked man! But he's hot in suit :P Every character in this film is unique and not wasted!

@galpianist I thought the "Singapore version" didn't have anything  to do with the quality, but the language (Korean, Mandarin) and subtitle (English, Traditional Chinese) alternatives? @africandramalover I'm planning to buy the dvd on yesasia but I hope the quality is good :)

And I'll surely read your fanmeeting with KHA, galpianist :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello SLA's fan here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe It has been a long time since the final episode of the ever spectacular drama was on aired. I think not only me but also many people who are in love with this drama are in love with the soundtrack with piano trills as well. I really want to order one pack of CD soundtrack but I find out many versions of that on the internet when I put a phrase of keyword "secret love affair soundtrack"..

1. Based on wiki by this link http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Secret_Love_Affair_OST There are 3 albums of the drama.

2. However, according to pianoconversations.wordpress.com there is only one original album of the drama.

I may apologise first if I ask a nonsense question but Can be anyone here help me with the right OST of SLA. I have to order oversea.

Thank you so muchhhhh!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@lisafransisca:  Do you happen to know which episode(s) the Instragram sound clip were from? I should know this, but without the visual clues, I am lost...

@Melody_06: The classical 2-CD set is a free legal download (link). K2OST calls it 3 CD's; it's a lot of music, and takes a bit of time to download but worth it. The order of the songs is pretty much the order they are in the drama. The OST with all the background music in the show is available to purchase. IMHO, both are needed to really appreciate the show. The "6 Little Variations on the Theme of Ah! Vous dirai-je, Maman" that Seon Jae plays in episode 14 were composed by the RL Professor Jo aka Park Jong Hoon and are available to download (for a small fee) on Google Play music (link).  

@shamrockmom I don't know for sure~ YAI quoted the conversations in SLA clips on his instagram posts:

1) 기고 아니고가 뭐가 중요하니. 일단 사람들 뇌리에 박히면 되는거지.

2) 어차피 다 죄 덩어리야. 한숟갈, 더먹는다고 어떻게 되겠어?

Maybe @seungshinl can help

Guys, now that the emotional high from SLA has subsided, I have been wondering if our OTP would work out in real life... Assuming that one and half years later, OHW is released and they meet up...... Maybe it's my natural talent at cynicism / realism resurfacing from that haze of passion...... I have just been debating what a further 4 episodes in real life would look like....

Also, I watched Noonas over Flowers and I recall KHA mentioning that she's reached an age where the only roles available would be "Ajumma" roles.... I wonder if that "fear" of reaching the wall of her career made her choose SLA as the project after Noonas.....

Judging from Sunjae's stubbornness, he will try to make their relationship work like forever no matter how odd people will see this pairing :D 

And yeah, I suppose it's one of the reasons KHA chose SLA as the project after NOF. But I think she will get more diverse roles if she picks movie than drama project.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2015 at 0:58 PM, africandramalover said:

Singlish is so cute to listen to! But I can't imitate it though ( I like to imitate accents). Does Singlish affect the speaking and learning in schools that "good English" has to be emphasised?

We also have our own English here and street patois, not to mention the internet lingo that is creeping into daily life. We also have 60 languages, and even if English is an official language, Kiswahili is our national language. So the average Kenyan speaks 3 languages at minimum.... Needless to say, our street English is flowery, but official communication in English is fine....

I guess I won't get the DVD then, I'll make do with the music CDs..... :-(

Awww, that’s nice of you! We rarely get such comments about Singlish haha I love imitating accents too!! Hmm maybe a tip would be going easy on the pronunciations and try to pronounce words in a more laid back manner? (i.e. think & thing sounds the same/ “I don’t know” becomes ‘I dunno’ just to name a few). You might want to check out this link about Singlish too~

Yes it does! Some of us still speak Singlish among ourselves in school until oral exams are around the corner and we struggle to perfect our ‘th’s and ‘k’s hahaha

Wow 60 languages!! It’s nice you guys have your own official national language; it’s like a form of national identity that we don’t have the privilege of having. :/ Thanks for sharing about your languages~ I’ve always liked to learn more about the languages! J

On 10/1/2015 at 2:08 PM, mdj101 said:

September 24, 2015 

Hello, Everyone!

Overcome with happiness to see you all here again!   :wub:   (pause for a few tears as I read over page 698!).

I just watched the final episode of  KHA's  SBS series  MRS. COP. Loved the series, and the final episode was tremendously satisfying!  Only this week did I "connect the dots" mentally to appreciate the fact that YAI's 50 episode saeguk, SIX FLYING DRAGONS is the SBS series following MRS. COP!!!  I just had to find a place to shout this out ---and where else to go but back to this forum. 

I was afraid all I might hear was an echo!  B)

Loved KHA as an asskicking, "take-no-prisoners" police person!  Ha Ji Won watch out -- your action drama competitor has arrived! Lots of humor, wit, and great scripts.  Loved the entire cast!  Similar to my favorite CSI, NCSI, etc shows in the States.

I am eagerly anticipating seeing YAI in the 50 episode historic drama! The cast looks amazing  and includes the actor, Kim Myung Min, whom I so loved in his role as Admiral Yi Sun Sin --- one of the series which introduced me to Korean  TV Dramas!  YAI and KMM were enough to hook me into this series!

Well, it's almost 2 AM now. I am both excited and tired.  Will check-out your blogs and all later!  Saving  earlier forum pages for later, too.

PS:   I will have to wait for VETERAN to be available online. Same with YAI's SADO.   Thank you all for your updates:  @lisafrancisca, @galpianist, @gretac, @shamrockmom, and @africandramalover.

PPS:  I am now curious about why SBS has the honor of producing these two actors' series "back-to-back", like this? Which genius made this deal and when?   :rolleyes:    I did not recognize any SLA actors in KHA's drama. Didn't even look at the writers and directors of either  newer series.    

Hey mdj101, nice to hear from you! I'm surprised to hear that you enjoyed Mrs. Cop as it wasn't as well received among KHA's fans including me because of how the cops were portrayed in the drama. I enjoyed the KHA-KMJ scenes though, and was secretly wishing for more of such scenes hahaha I think SBS has plans for Mrs. Cop 2 but it'll only be possible if the major cast are in it and KHA has stated in her latest interview that she'd be working on a film so I guess there's a low probability of MC2... 

And yes I noticed the "back-to-back" series too!! (probably decided by someone who's a fan of SLA heh) I only know that they started filming SFD at around May/June(?) and was supposed to air earlier. 

The veteran cop Jae Deok played by Heo Jung Do in KHA's team (the one who got shot in the first episode) was in SLA as Prof Kang's secretary. I think he was speaking satoori in Mrs Cop that's why it wasn't easy to recognise him there. :D

On 10/2/2015 at 5:14 PM, lisafransisca said:

I just watched Veteran. It's a fun movie, makes you laugh most of the time :D YAI did a great job as a very very horrible wicked man! But he's hot in suit :P Every character in this film is unique and not wasted!

@galpianist I thought the "Singapore version" didn't have anything  to do with the quality, but the language (Korean, Mandarin) and subtitle (English, Traditional Chinese) alternatives? @africandramalover I'm planning to buy the dvd on yesasia but I hope the quality is good :)

And I'll surely read your fanmeeting with KHA, galpianist :D

I still have yet to watch both of his movies as I'm struggling to keep up with SFD. The content is a lil heavy for me and I have to re-watch many parts to understand what's going on. I'm really thankful for the names that appear with the character and I don't think they do this for all the saeguks? 

Please update us about the quality of the DVD if you do get it because I'm tempted to get it whenever I pass by a DVD shop and see it on the shelves..

AND YES @lisafransisca @shamrockmom ABOUT AH-IN'S TWO POSTS *screams* for a moment I felt a weird sense of closeness between us SLA fans and him after seeing his posts :P However, as a self-proclaimed SLA fan/ addict, I feel guilty for not knowing where those two scenes came from :vicx: I think it's time for me to do some revision..

On 10/26/2015 at 2:21 AM, africandramalover said:

Guys, now that the emotional high from SLA has subsided, I have been wondering if our OTP would work out in real life... Assuming that one and half years later, OHW is released and they meet up...... Maybe it's my natural talent at cynicism / realism resurfacing from that haze of passion...... I have just been debating what a further 4 episodes in real life would look like....

Also, I watched Noonas over Flowers and I recall KHA mentioning that she's reached an age where the only roles available would be "Ajumma" roles.... I wonder if that "fear" of reaching the wall of her career made her choose SLA as the project after Noonas.....

I agree with lisafransisca about Sun Jae making the relationship work just like what he said when he visited Hye Won at the prison. I can't really think of what they'd possible argue about it as I imagine them living at some countryside where no one knows about their past and just spend their days happily playing the piano but such scenarios would only happen in movies so I'm guessing a more realistic scenario would be SJ going to work and gets hit on by some "age-appropriate" girls which makes HW more insecure than ever since she has literally nothing except SJ now...? okay I'm kinda making up all sorts of scenarios in my head right now asdfghjkl if only there were more fanfics for this drama.... *looks at shamrockmom* :D

and about KHA and her choice of roles... yea I think that's partly one of the reasons but I think she was also drawn to OHW's character and how SLA was so different from the other Kdramas. Personally I feel that she has opened more doors for herself since SLA and Mrs. Cop as she is open to exploring fresh roles and concepts and proved to be able to handle such "non-ahjumma" roles?

Man her scores for Openness to experience from the Five Factor Model should be really high as she just attempted surfboarding when she was in Hawaii recently for a photo shoot and she hinted that her next project would be a film (possibly rejecting the MC2 offer) so I guess she's really into trying out a variety of roles to sustain her career? 

By the way, I've finally updated my blog about the Fan Account Part 2 (pw: khainsg0903)!! Sorry for the delay and I hope you guys have fun reading it! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Watched some clips from Pianoconversations on Youtube, and I will re-watch this drama yet again. The feels just hit me right in the gut, almost two years later, I still get a reaction. It's like a boyfriend I can't get over...... Damn!!

On 12/29/2015 at 7:15 PM, galpianist said:

and about KHA and her choice of roles... yea I think that's partly one of the reasons but I think she was also drawn to OHW's character and how SLA was so different from the other Kdramas. Personally I feel that she has opened more doors for herself since SLA and Mrs. Cop as she is open to exploring fresh roles and concepts and proved to be able to handle such "non-ahjumma" roles?

Seeing her ordering food from a sidewalk stall was so strange (Episode 1 - Mrs Cop)!! After SLA. It's like culture shock, like why is she not in a fancy restaurant being rich? Why is she using a word like Ajumma? (Which I don't think was used in SLA) 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2015 at 6:08 PM, galpianist said:

Wow 60 languages!! It’s nice you guys have your own official national language; it’s like a form of national identity that we don’t have the privilege of having. :/ Thanks for sharing about your languages~ I’ve always liked to learn more about the languages

I have been MIA from this page, and I didn't see this post. 60 languages is a whole lot. We are lucky enough to have a National language that we can use regardless of our ethnicities and as a uniting factor. I think recognising the 4 languages of Singapore as national languages works just as well for yourselves. You may correct me on that though.

• Like 1