[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

I already adore this show. 

I love the realistic vibe, how we are thrown into the middle of people's lives, their conflicts and stories well developed and already underway.
I love the sepia tone coloring, the muted grays, browns, and creams, which give it a contemplative, classic feel.
I love the music, which is so organic - the soundtrack is what these people are actually hearing, all about them, rather than a sappy ballad spread over the top.
I love the connection between the two leads, how music is used to forge an instant pairing, and it is believable because of the transcendant nature of the piece they are playing and the talent they have to express it. It reminds me of the more memorable experiences I had in the past, playing classical music.
I love the doses of black comedy, heavily tinged with second-hand embarrassment - the forgotten skirt, the attempt to flush a very nasty woman down the toilet, the foot firmly planted on a sticky rat trap. 
I love the complicated characters: she is restrained, restricted, juggling fine china plates in the air to keep everyone happy, yet she can laugh at the absurdity, laugh at herself. He is young, shy, yet driven with that obsessive focus that you find in true artists.
I love the messy relationships, the twisty connectedness between all of the characters that creates an added layer of tension as we know they are all going to collide, spectacularly.This is a fabulous show, and my only regret is that it doesn't appear that it will get all the recapping effort it so truly deserves.
  • Like 1

Guest walkietalkie

@skelly...I love your analysis. I knew there was a reason why the soundtrack fit so well with the scenes...it's that organic feeling. 
I have to admit I was debating whether or not to watch this drama. The teaser poster and pix really didn't get me excited. In the poster, it made KHA looked older than she really looked. After seeing KHA in the flower variety show, she seemed very charming and down to earth and YAI getting mad at the netizen, I had to see this. I'm glad the drama is off to a great start. I love the directing style. It's very subtle and tone down. The action and drama is in the acting and the emotion within the characters. Wow, I'm impressed with YAI's acting. I can feel his energy and emotion in that one bridge scene where he was air playing the piano. That was great!

Guest calculator

I remember how long time ago...The anti-fans used to call YAI a queer because he never had revealed his girlfriend(s).That's already really wrong from their perspective.

Guest migukandy

This drama has me hooked! I keep re-watching ep 3's trailer... this year is daebak for noona-romances and I think this one it the tops of them all, this is gonna be my guilty pleasure drama I can tell!Yoo In Ah is really impressive in this role, from the first 2 eps at least, I really hope the actors continue to portray such great chemistry and acting!
BTW love the interview posted above @brisels it is true society as such a negative stigma on older women/younger men relationships.  fun fact men's sexual peak is around their 20's while women in there mid 30's so... I think we would all benefit from noona romances ~~~~ hehehe

So I watched the first episode today (subbed) and here are some of my random thoughts:

I liked Hyewon and Sunjae's IM chat.  When her husband was like, "Are you drunk?" she didn't deny it lol.

This might seem weird but I liked the part where HW forgot to put on her skirt and showed up to work in a slip.  Instead of dying of embarassment or getting frustrated, she laughed it off and MacGyver'd it with a shawl and safety pin.  That moment, to me, showed her imperfectness and let us know that she's human too. 

Her friend/the step-daughter is such a you know what.  She doesn't like anyone does she?  The slap was uncalled for, as were the disses that came afterward.  I didn't even see her do one work related thing that episode and yet she had the nerve to go off on HW like that (before the concert).  With a friend like that, who needs enemies?

HW's husband is so whiny!  Ugh, he is my second-most disliked character as of now.  The only good thing about him so far is that he kept SJ out of trouble and he is basically the catalyst that brings our two main characters together.

The step-mom.  At least she doesn't seem to hate HW.  The fight between her and her step-daughter was something fierce!

So where is everyone is watching the subbed version at?  I saw it on dramafever and viki and was wondering if there was a site/version that you preferred more.

Guest xianzhongfan

Finished 2 eps in 1 nite. It was MINDBLOWING!! KHA is so good at portraying a career woman who just saw her passion ignited in true fashion, and not just at her work place. She is a woman who has been immersed in her work with music all her life, including a husband who is into music as well. But I think what she saw in LSJ was her passion for music coming to the ultimate climax (pardon the pun). And I think that was why she teared up when she thought about the piano playing by LSJ.

And needless to say, YAI is perfect in his execution of LSJ. Raw, unsure, innocent and yet budding with passion. He just needs to meet the right person to ignite those sparks of passion and talent in him.

Love this show. Hwaiting Secret Love Affair!!

I want to share something funny with you all here~~~
Yoo Ah IN now is trending number 1 for the chart of "Popular Search for Housewife" :))(credit: Weibo) 
6fc6de18gw1eem3fieyxjj206y0bvq3r.jpg

I guess YAI as LSJ is awakening every housewife's inner desire in Korea! LOL. Maybe he can endorse items such as mouse catch glue pad?  
Also, check out these two adorable pictures from our OTP. They did it before for some charity foundation. (Credit: Weibo) 
6ab33dd7gw1eem4e647aij20dc0heq3v.jpg6ab33dd7gw1eem4eekak6j20cu0godh1.jpg

hi guys!
i'm new here!
just finished watching the first two episodes! :)
as pianist myself, i can't say that i will follow this drama. let's see until the next 2 episodes!! :x
hope that it can makes me curious and follow this drama :)
enjoy Kim Hee Ae- and Yoo Ah In acting!! even i can't understand some parts o__o
secret love affair fighting! :x

So yesterday I was just browsing on Gooddrama and stumbled on this gem. YFAS was such a joy to follow and admittedly it raised a really high bar for me now. So, it was a surprise for me, this story. I wouldn't say I was blown away by the pilot episode but what I remember was that by the end of it, it felt like the story was so real, the characters intriguing and that there's this palpable energy that seems to be growing and waiting to explode. I am so looking forward to watching episode 2 now! The listlessness I feel from our OTP just makes me want to follow where the story leads us or should I say, the writer leads us.

skelly said: I already adore this show. 

I love the realistic vibe, how we are thrown into the middle of people's lives, their conflicts and stories well developed and already underway.
I love the sepia tone coloring, the muted grays, browns, and creams, which give it a contemplative, classic feel.
I love the music, which is so organic - the soundtrack is what these people are actually hearing, all about them, rather than a sappy ballad spread over the top.
I love the connection between the two leads, how music is used to forge an instant pairing, and it is believable because of the transcendant nature of the piece they are playing and the talent they have to express it. It reminds me of the more memorable experiences I had in the past, playing classical music.
I love the doses of black comedy, heavily tinged with second-hand embarrassment - the forgotten skirt, the attempt to flush a very nasty woman down the toilet, the foot firmly planted on a sticky rat trap. 
I love the complicated characters: she is restrained, restricted, juggling fine china plates in the air to keep everyone happy, yet she can laugh at the absurdity, laugh at herself. He is young, shy, yet driven with that obsessive focus that you find in true artists.
I love the messy relationships, the twisty connectedness between all of the characters that creates an added layer of tension as we know they are all going to collide, spectacularly.This is a fabulous show, and my only regret is that it doesn't appear that it will get all the recapping effort it so truly deserves.

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"‘Secret Love Affair’ Celebrates a Successful Start Off© TenAsia

Guest britchiche

skelly said: