[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest tinybelle

i also want to know what dramabeans recappers have to say about this show. there's too few of us here! i want more people to watch this show.

I watched this for YAI and I've never seen him smile this much. :x :x I've only known KHA from Noonas so I haven't really watched her act but I am blowwwn away. she's a natural. Can't wait for the steam.

I also very happy for the ratings and attention the show is getting. Yezzzz.

Finished watching Ep.1 with Subs, and here are my thoughts:

* I was amazed on how Lee Sun Jae was discovered by Hye Won's husband. 

Also, Hye Won pretending to be a man while having a chat with Sun Jae is quite funny. Like I want to tell Sun Jae that that one who's chatting him is actually his "noona"! Hahaha! And lastly, Seohan Arts Foundation President is a B-!-T-c-h! She should have been sucked by that toilet bowl! How dare she slaps our noona?!?!

And I just can't wait for Ep.2 to be completely subbed. Watched Ep.2 last night without subs and I could feel the steam rising from my PC. I've never been excited watching a drama that I couldn't sleep without even watching it first! 

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; "Controversial K-Drama "Secret Love Affair" Is A Top Trending Topic In Korea

BY Julie Jones | Mar 18, 2014 01:01 PM EDT

Secret Love Affair

If you like your k-dramas with lots of emotional classical music, sensually choreographed photography and more than a few heart-melting longing glances, "Secret Love Affair" may be just the romance you are waiting for.

And given its popularity on search engine sites it may be the drama many viewers have waited for. The controversial drama is currently one of the top trending topics on Naver, South Korea's most popular search engine.

It's the story of an elegant professional woman in a loveless marriage and the much younger piano prodigy who steals her heart. So far, the melodrama, which stars Yoo Ah In and Kim Hee Ae, is off to a promising start with the characters well established in the first episode.  Things can only get more dramatic from here.

Kim Hee Ae's life seems glamorous enough. She wears beautiful clothes, makes important decisions and hangs around with the movers and shakers in the classical music world. She is on top of everything going on at the Seo Han Arts Foundation. She cleans up messes after the foundation's CEO, played by Kim Hye Eun. At her immaculate and carefully designed home, she calms her immature husband, played by Park Hyuk Kwon. But you never get the feeling that she actually enjoys her competency. Her life seems a struggle and it's rarely satisfying except for the music, which she loves.

That is until Yoo Ah In shows up.

Yoo Ah In plays the talented musical prodigy Lee Jun Sae, who happens to make a delivery to the foundation. The photos of the great piano players he admires entrance him. You can see by the longing on his face how much he wants to be like them but he has no idea how to break into the world they exist in. And when he sees the piano a concert is about to be performed on, he cannot resist playing it.

Fortunately, that's how his talent is discovered.

When he first looks at Kim Hee Ae, he doesn't really see her as a woman but rather as part of the glamorous world of classical music that he so wants to be part of. So, will she become the most important thing in the world for him? Or will he one day have to sacrifice her for the career he always dreamed of.

"Secret Love Affair" is based on the 2005 Japanese film "Tokyo Tower." If this sounds like your kind of drama, check it out and let us know what you think.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/17682/20140318/controversial-k-drama-secret-love-affair-is-a-top-trending-topic-in-korea.htm 

Guest Eloo Dpx

I'm just cracking up with the final scene ! I can't do anything except rewatching this ! LOL
I love the part where Oh Hye Won says "It hurts but it's so funny !" and the "Omo... Omo ! Ye-..." 
 The husband is such a coward tho~ xD 
 Happy Sun Jae & Hye Won moment~~~

i just finished ep2 without sub, and i love this drama so far. emotional infidelity is a hard subject to tackle, so i wanted to know how this drama deals with this subject. 
After 2 eps, the writer does a good job to build the foundation for all the characters. One thing i really like is the pace of this drama, it s quite fast compared to other melo or rom-com in kdramaland.
also, happy that the rating is good, i hope they can get 5% soon.

Guest tinybelle

i also watched ep2 without sub so i understood very little of the convo. but i enjoyed it anyway. and it's not like i'll be complaining about needing to rewatch it with subs. as if. 8->

and judging from the preview, I think there's already something that happened between them? This drama, indeed, doesn't waste its time.

why is that art center daughter so hateful? if she's not slapping anybody, she's throwing stuff at people like office supplies and water. Haayy. And here I was, feeling for her getting dunked in the toilet. Tsk Tsk.

After watching the second ep I am sure of one thing: this is not your average Kdrama at all. The whole feel of the story is unique with its own rhythm going from the day-long recital SJ gave for an audience of one (these two were making music in more ways than one :D ) and to the almost hilarious power struggle in the music school. The whole story kind of sneaks up on you and before you know it you're hooked without any major change of pace in the action.
  It was a good idea to have both SJ and HW feel troubled by their day together since having a one sided crush first would have been somewhat predictable and let's be honest who would be able to sleep peacefully after such an experience.
 I don't know if that's what the writer is going for but I find the whole school politics part hilarious and knowing that another toilet dunk can happen anytime only adds to my entertainment not to mention the fact that the Chairman is perfectly aware of what's going on and is just adding fuel to the fire any chance he gets.
  I can't say I'm surprised about HW's husband being the way he is but I have a feeling once SJ and HW get serious he's going to remember suddenly that he is her husband and cause some drama or maybe he's going to turn to the immature CEO lady YW since she did threaten HW she might be going after him in the first ep (now that would be a twist :)) ).
 One interesting thing that I noticed is that except the piano music SJ played or the music from the performance in the first ep there is no soundtrack to this series, I hope I wasn't imagining it but it sure felt that way to me and it was just perfect :). By the way, are YAI and KHA playing the piano for real? Because even for a mere music fan like me that sounds great (maybe someone who plays the piano can shed some light on this :) )

P.S. I have to hand it to the subbers from viki for coming around and speeding up their work after the first ep :-bd

• Like 1

No one is recapping this. I don't know wwwwwhhhhhhhhyyyyyy T_T I hope Dramabeans will recap this drama

It's a pity that dramabeans isn't taking on this show, especially with all those new writers they have. Things they don't cover just don't get as much attention online, and Secret Love Affair really deserves better--it's a perfect mix of gorgeous production values and drama heart. If I had more time, I'd recap it myself. :b

Guest calculator

lisafransisca said: victorb said: By the way, are YAI and KHA playing the piano for real? Because even for a mere music fan like me that sounds great (maybe someone who plays the piano can shed some light on this :) )