[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest tinybelle

"@jreal‌ It doesn't take long before he confides in him that he may be in love with Oh Hye Won. "

Does Hye Won know that 'I am a Genius' is Sun Jae? In ep 2, SJ mentioned getting treated for tendosynovitis recently. but I doubt HW would jump on that conclusion that SJ was the one she was chatting with that fast?

Help anyone? :)

Guest britchiche

I want to see how the dynamics of different relationships play out.
-Hye Won and her hubby not being on the same level or even the same page (see: how she talks to him verses how she talks to her friends)-Insecure Kang Joon Hyeong and his uphill battle against the ever content and talented Jo In Seo-Hye Won vs. her boss...they've been pm trying to one up each other since graduation-Prodigy vs. prodigy over Hye Won's attention (for very different reasons)-HW vs. everyone trying to turn Seon Jae into a pawn/weapon
Yusssssss.

I've arrived from school today so I will have finally time to write some of my ramblings and thoughts about this amazing show over the weekend.

This OTP owns me! I’m in awe of this show and can only congratulate the writer and Ahn PD for creating such a riveting story with fascinating leads but most of all for casting Yoo Ah In and Kim Hee Ae who own every milisecond they spend on the screen. Secret Love Affair is not your typical kdrama with clean-cut characters which you can watch on SBS, MBC or KBS2 twice each day as jTBC proves to us how lucky we are to have cable channels because they are not afraid to air unconventional stories. The Koreans viewers apparently think so, too, judging from the 3,1% rating, a whooping number for a cable channel.

I fell in love with Hye Won when she forgot to put on her skirt, wearing only her underskirt, and realized it only later when she took off her coat in her office, LOL. I so feel you, girl! She is everything her self-centered and incompetent husband, Kang Joon Hyeong, is not - successful, confident, smart, talented,...I feel that YAI is about to bring another of those unforgettable characters to the screen like Moon Jae Shin or Lee Soon - he literally shines as LSJ, the shy, awkward and adorable man-boy who could make even the most sworn sceptics fall in love with him.

It’s still early days but I think that we are about to watch one of the most memorable and groundbreaking noona romances in Kdramaland because the first two episodes must have put all the doubters to rest whether a romance with such age difference can be plausible since YAI and KHA prove them wrong whenever they appear on the screen together  - they set it aflame.

tumblr_n2stcaiqk11s8t96qo9_250.png  tumblr_n2stcaiqk11s8t96qo6_250.png

Immediately. their first scene together was perfectly orchestrated to both show their respective personalities and their ages and also initiate their connection through their love for piano as HW recommends a hospital to SJ so he can treat his condition. SJ communicates as his real self, giving truthfully his age and occupation with the typical naivité and trust of youth while HW, having so much experience and knowing all the dangers, assumes a completely different identity and is happy to engage in this little game.

tumblr_n2stcaiqk11s8t96qo10_250.png tumblr_n2stcaiqk11s8t96qo2_250.png tumblr_n2stcaiqk11s8t96qo5_250.png

I’ve read that it was KHA herself who asked YAI to take the role and she knows talent when she sees it. The vast emotions he manages to emote with every single look will mesmerized you in the same way Seon Jae was mesmerized by the sound of the piano. The enthrallment in his eyes is so palpable you can tangibly feel how he is pulled towards HW and the piano by a magnetic and irresistible force. I think that in this moment SJ fell in love twice at first sight - figuratively with the magnificent concert grand with its black and white keys and irrevocably with HW who is probably even more magnificent and fittingly wearing the black-and-white colours of a piano (I think the cordi dressed her deliberately to subtly underline HW and SJ’s connection through the piano). In that moment, they are both unattainable for him, as far as the sky he can’t ever reach, but he will slowly come closer with each steps he will take, until finally, he can hold them both.

tumblr_n2stcaiqk11s8t96qo8_250.png  tumblr_n2stcaiqk11s8t96qo3_250.png

The final scene sealed it for me - when SJ personally meets HW for the first time and he can’t believe his luck that he actually met the woman who so captivated him only the day. When they truly see each other the attraction makes you shiver. And now, when I’m fully on board this ship I can only hope it will safely sail to the harbor known as Happily Ever After and not sink like a Titanic.

Guest ichah

tinybelle said: "@jreal‌ It doesn't take long before he confides in him that he may be in love with Oh Hye Won. "

Does Hye Won know that 'I am a Genius' is Sun Jae? In ep 2, SJ mentioned getting treated for tendosynovitis recently. but I doubt HW would jump on that conclusion that SJ was the one she was chatting with that fast?

Help anyone? :)

"Please don't do this to me.... You're driving me crazy...."
All right, I really loved the scene where both played piano.  It's so passionate.  I also loved how he carried her in the end of the episode! I never smiled watching a series in front of my computer. But I did and people around me thinks I'm crazy, because I do! I'm now going crazy for this drama and how I wished that Every day of the week is just Monday and Tuesday so that I won't wait. 

Anyways, I guess I'm not the only one who had some lewd thoughts on this scene....

tumblr_n2tzsb4OEd1t2ots0o1_1280.jpg

I think ive never regretted not knowing how to play piano, in my life, than i do now.
My obsession for this piece of drama is taking a whole new level, a lebel of no coming back. Upon watching the piano scene, i thought "Piano date/platonic sex" copuld be that much interesting!!
Ive been listening to classical piano pieces, and its so much fun; By the way, the piece that LSJ is planning on playing in the audition is " Schubert Wanderer Fantasy", its the most technically challenging piano piece of schubert, "Only the Devil can play it" said Schubert, i think LSJ want to prove to  HY that he is good, even tho she already stated so to him, i guess his lack of confidence in himself is part of it, and choosing this piece shows how much LSJ is already involved in a yet to beguin affair, the Devil already started playing " the piece"!

Guest affizza

Yoo ah in..... Really loves u in jang ok jung as king suk jong... U look very handsome and charming in that drama... Hope to see u soon in this drama....

Guest ocdee

britchiche said: I want to see how the dynamics of different relationships play out.
-Hye Won and her hubby not being on the same level or even the same page (see: how she talks to him verses how she talks to her friends)-Insecure Kang Joon Hyeong and his uphill battle against the ever content and talented Jo In Seo-Hye Won vs. her boss...they've been pm trying to one up each other since graduation-Prodigy vs. prodigy over Hye Won's attention (for very different reasons)-HW vs. everyone trying to turn Seon Jae into a pawn/weapon
Yusssssss.

Guest ocdee

lamylamy

said: I think ive never regretted not knowing how to play piano, in my life, than i do now.

My obsession for this piece of drama is taking a whole new level, a lebel of no coming back. Upon watching the piano scene, i thought "Piano date/platonic sex" copuld be that much interesting!!

Ive been listening to classical piano pieces, and its so much fun; By the way, the piece that LSJ is planning on playing in the audition is " Schubert Wanderer Fantasy", its the most technically challenging piano piece of schubert, "Only the Devil can play it" said Schubert, i think LSJ want to prove to  HY that he is good, even tho she already stated so to him, i guess his lack of confidence in himself is part of it, and choosing this piece shows how much LSJ is already involved in a yet to beguin affair, the Devil already started playing " the piece"!