[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

I read the Chinese fan translation of the members' interview for the Panmunjom special. Here's the link for anyone who's interested: https://media.weibo.cn/article?object_id=1022%3A2309404261096126034558&luicode=10000011&lfid=1076031933331821&id=2309404261096126034558

The first part of the article is a summary and introduction. The second part of the article starting with the "Q:" is the full interview. The things mentioned in the interview have been similarly brought up during the Panmunjom special. I tried google translate and the meaning didn't deviate that much overall, but I can help translate if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just finished watching part of the raws today, seems like the members would be doing casting like the struggling friends special for next week's episode.

Someone requested a translation of the interview, so here is it (limited to the Q and A, since the first part doesn't really have much). There could be mistakes in the translation, so please don't take it word for word haha.

Spoiler

Q: Thoughts about being the first variety to film at Panmunjom

TH: It's an amazing experience. Seeing with my own eyes the scenes that you only see on TV, stepping your foot on the actual grounds is a very fresh experience. After the broadcast, people around me asked whether I was afraid when the North Korean soldiers approached, and the truth is it did send chills down my spine. However, not being able to greet each other and just looking at each other gives me complicated feelings. The audience can also experience this.

DC: The special is an opportunity for people to recount the pains of separation. The bridge of no return mentioned in the episode is a one way road between the two countries. There is a lot of feelings looking at the bridge. Looking at the bridge that has turned old with time, I sincerely wish that our people will welcome in a new age.

JH: I gave the bridge a new name called "the back and forth bridge". It's a wish that people will go back and forth on the bridge instead of it being a road of no return.

DG: We participated in the filming as an ordinary citizen. We tried hard to present what we feel about the separation as an ordinary person. I think the audience can also experience the same feelings that we felt on site.

Q: Memory of Panmunjom

JY: I thought the place would be full of tension with the soldiers facing each other, but I heard that with the recent peaceful atmosphere, nowadays it's mainly done by CCTV monitoring. I hope that the day would come whereby there are no boundaries and surveillance and we can just look at each other. For the soldiers we met on site, although we could not greet or speak with them, maybe it's due to everyone being of the same race (note: I'm not really sure if the correct word here is race), age, so it feels like we are friends and brothers.

JH: Seeing the military demarcation line feels amazing. The tree of peace planted by the two leaders left a deep impression on me. Although we are always full of laughter, but at the place where peace and prosperity was planted, we also turned serious.

DG: Since it was a place that is really hard to enter, we really wanted to take photos but were afraid it would be misunderstood or bad manners. Everyone was very careful about their actions. In the future when we can play around without care, we can communicate with each other, I would like to go one more time.

Q: The siginificance of the Panmunjom special as a 2D1N member

DC: 2D1N is a family program so I think that this special would bring many thoughts to the younger generations who have not experienced war.

TH: I watched the episode with my son and had to explain a lot of things to him. He was focused and calm watching it.

Q: A future special that you want to film

JM: We are of the same roots, so I would like to meet more of the Korean immigrants overseas, not limited to North Korea

DG: There is a lot of difference between our languages, so I would like to do a special where we interact with the North Koreans, with the focus on the North Koreans.

DC: I want to do a Mount Kumgang special to see for myself the beauty of the scenery there. I'm also curious about the taste of Pyeongyang naengmyeon.

JH: In the future, whether it's Sinuiju or Pyeongyang, I hope that we can be the first in variety to go there.

JY: The Baekdusan special. I hope that we can go there through North Korea instead of China. Waiting for the day that we can shout "Two days One night" with the North Koreans.

Edit: I missed out a part and updated the spoiler.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Whoa...been away from this thread for a bit and look what I missed. This popped up on my INSTA feed so I thought I would share it here. Remember how MoMo Land went all giggly and fan girling when DG appeared in Video Link...well turns out one of them (?maybe more) says he's her ideal type lol!! On Live Radio. Such a difference to Twice :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, nrllee said:

Whoa...been away from this thread for a bit and look what I missed. This popped up on my INSTA feed so I thought I would share it here. Remember how MoMo Land went all giggly and fan girling when DG appeared in Video Link...well turns out one of them (?maybe more) says he's her ideal type lol!! On Live Radio. Such a difference to Twice :lol:

because you say different to twice, I did not understand (?) :blink:

Yes @rosa123 different because none of the Twice members chose DG in that 1n2d episode (as if to say none of them liked him?).  MoMo Land obviously would be dying to be partnered with him in games.  That's what I meant.  :)

@Yvonne Marie I think if you watched the last episode you would have a clue as to JJY's guest (?)...I will put it in a spoiler coz not everyone would've watched it yet.  There was a bit of a backlash from Netizens because of what happened in the skydiving.

Spoiler

• Like 5

It has been weeks since i last came here. I think I will forever remember Panmunjeom episode - the significance of the place and its history makes it special. 2d1n just made another history visiting places like this but media couldnt care much..hmm:unamused:

the olympics eps are one to remember for me this year. i havent laughed so much. i really didnt expect this trip to be in such a hilarious state yet exhausting for the members. it was so exciting for me bcs there was some hit-&-miss trips for me this year. and i am so excited for the next trip. i think they are going to silmi-do again, (in previews seems to show the place tho sorry for spoiling) the same place where all the struggling friends went..i am pretty excited but i hope i wont be disappointed bcs the struggling friends eps was legendary.

@nrllee jooe was the most excited when he saw donggu through the phone. all the girls were :joy: twice girls like taehyun obviously since he is the biggest twice fanboy out there. nowadays when i see twice singing on stage or watch their music video performance i would say to myself "taehyun would love this :joy::joy:"

@rosa123 twice came about 2 summers ago. none of them chose donggu as their fave/ideal type. i dont think you've watch that eps, am i wrong?

• LOL 4

if I saw it, I always see all the episodes in my spare time, maybe it's because I do not like twice, and I always jump his part and park bogum too, LOL on the contrary I liked momoland.

Especially the member who says that Donggu is her ideal type, I really like how she thinks of herself and I admire her for that. (I have read some of her interviews) although I must be frank, I do not like kpop very much and I do not I follow closely, as I follow the world of dramas.

• Like 1

let's be honest, we all knew that nobody could do the skydiving and we went to the end with the doubt that it would happen, even the same staff knew that they would not, they have known them for a long time, if they do not do simpler things like jumping to the water, less would do the parachuting, I think they already had a plan A and B :phew::lol:

Plan A was for the member to jump in the air
Plan B was to turn the story around, as a variety program

but there will always be criticism, so invent the trick of the MOU, which for me is a great idea. that will bring a new trend in a variety program.

so the next episode we'll have a lot of that.

Maybe now many feel disappointed, but we can not put their lives at risk, because we will not be the ones who jump, it will be them, sincerely I worry about JJY, we must realize that they are living beings with feelings and limits, and it is understandable that they have fear.:wacko:

P.S: I'm proud that the producers and IlyongPD, have not exposed the security of the members for a moment of fun and rating.:P;)

• Like 1

Lol, I just saw this news pop up.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/17/shinhwa-appear-2-days-1-night-full-group/

This is going to be hardcore. Donggu also was on law of the jungle with some of their members too.

Edit: I'm ok with how the skydiving ended up, seeing as how JY was visibly shook by the challenge. I watched the episode the next day after reading the viewer comments, so the negativity did not affect me much and the episode was enjoyable to watch. The show made clear that a trade was involved and I think viewers should accept it since JY still had to contribute something. The guest was likable with his big grin and all. JY has good friends haha.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

for me it's the best news of the day, LOL

THANK YOU for sharing, when I tell my sisters, they will practically die, hahahaha

they worship shinhwa and DG, and all the members of 2d1n

I hope to see junho and shinhwa, it will be memorable.

p.s: you made me the day

• Like 4

So excited to hear the news!! :D I've been wondering when they will be guesting on 1N2D since there have been interactions between Shinhwa and Defconn/Junho/Donggu/Jongmin  on other shows lately.  It's about time :) 

Jongmin and Shinhwa goes way back, they used to be on lots of shows together back in the day. I'm looking forward to see their interaction too! XD

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, hkana said:

So excited to hear the news!! :D I've been wondering when they will be guesting on 1N2D since there have been interactions between Shinhwa and Defconn/Junho/Donggu/Jongmin  on other shows lately.  It's about time :) 

Jongmin and Shinhwa goes way back, they used to be on lots of shows together back in the day. I'm looking forward to see their interaction too! XD

Yes!

• Like 6

Clarification from the guest who did the skydiving in JY's place

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4263071638282709

In summary, the skydiving took place after the variety newbies trip, as you saw in the preview. (Note: the 1n2d episode did state that the skydiving was 2 weeks later, which is the interval that 1n2d films their trips.) So, JY's friend was in the new trip and later participated in the skydiving. Whatever happened inbetween will likely be shown in the next episode and will help resolve the misunderstandings. He also expressed thanks for JY's care to invite him to be on tv.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, lyd89 said:

Clarification from the guest who did the skydiving in JY's place

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4263071638282709

In summary, the skydiving took place after the variety newbies trip, as you saw in the preview. (Note: the 1n2d episode did state that the skydiving was 2 weeks later, which is the interval that 1n2d films their trips.) So, JY's friend was in the new trip and later participated in the skydiving. Whatever happened inbetween will likely be shown in the next episode and will help resolve the misunderstandings. He also expressed thanks for JY's care to invite him to be on tv.

Yes word from the underground is that this is a correct assumption...all will be revealed soon enough to clear that all up :D

EDIT - maybe they will do a dance off against ShinHwa haha:lol:

cr- ckdrama Instagram

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 7/17/2018 at 6:03 PM, nrllee said:

I was surprised and angry with them when they did that I was like WTH! I feel sorry for DG at that time. He was like new to the show back then, like 2-3  trips since he joined?

As usual I haven't seen the current episode. So I cannot comment about the Olympic trip. Desongdong/Panmunjeom trip is remarkable. Especially when they almost had an interaction with the NKorean soldiers.

• Like 1