Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

@zelphietileternity YES to everything you said. I feel like if it were another, less talented or known actor playing Oppa and the writing was less than stellar, then we'd just have your run-of-the-mill Kdrama love story with the girl trying to overcome her emotional baggage and find love with someone new. But what's so brilliant and frustrating about 1994 is that we witness how Na Jeong develops feelings for her first love (er, kind of at least since it was established by ep 2)  and watch it grow. And so we understand why it's not so easy for her to let go instead of wanting her to just move on already. And then you have the parallels between her seemingly one-sided love for Oppa and Chilbong's one-sided love for Na Jeong that just make this triangle more effective and compelling. And ugh, so heartbreaking. And as I've talked about in my earlier posts, there just seems to be an increasing emphasis on the theme of "Choices and Timing" that was introduced with the SCP/YJ storyline and it became even more prominent with the contrasting actions/decisions of Chilbong and Oppa in episode 11 that it'd just be unnatural and illogical narrative-wise for the writers not to follow through with it. 
I agree with you in that I also want Chilbongie to step aside out of respect for Na jeong's feelings for Oppa and let Na Jeong recognize his awesomeness and see him as a romantic interest on her own time. Plus there's just more potential for some delicious angst with that scenario as well. Teehee.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zelphietileternity said: @kishaleigh Your translation is very good, it's just that you can say that Oppa says something more along the lines of "Yeah and what are you going to do about it?" So what they say to each other is pretty much along the lines of this:
CB: Sunbae... I have something to say to you. (there's a cut so we don't know what CB says to T) What I'm thinking of is right, right?T: If you're right, what are you going to do about it? 
aslkjsljawfjkljweio
FINALLY Oppa confirms SOMETHING! Anyways, it must be something pretty devastating since CB's eyes which weren't tearing up before are suddenly red rimmed. It could be about NJ but then again it could also be about Binggrae. After all B is still CB"s cousin so T could be saying something on the lines of "you're his family so what are you going to do as his family (as in you should be doing a whole lot more than you're doing right now)." It probably ISN'T about B though and probably is about NJ but I just put it out there since the production team LOVES to troll us all lol.
Anyways if it is about NJ and T just confirms that he likes her then I have a feeling that CB will either:A) Say something along the lines of "then treat her right because she deserves more."or B) Say "Well I'm not planning on giving up on her."
Believe it or not, I actually think it might be more along the lines of a) or at least I hope he says something like a) because then that would just show how much he cares for NJ and notices her suffering. And I know it's sadistic of me, but I hope NJ and Oppa will hurry up and date because it would only just accelerate them finding out that they actually DON'T want a romantic relationship and actually prefer being like family like it is right now. Then the entire department store debacle can happen and NJ would realize just how much she cares for CB. Because quite honestly I think NJ being with Oppa is just very stupid in a narrative sense.
I have nothing against Oppa and think he's a great guy but lets be honest here if Oppa ends up being the end game how boring would that be? Unlike AM 1997 where we were focused equally on Shiwon's coming of age as we were on finding who her husband was, in AM 1994 the central conflict is who NJ's husband is. Right now with NJ like T, all he has to do is confirm his feelings and then the conflict would be over. No offense, but the reason why there are love triangles in dramas for the main characters is because if LOVE is the focus of the drama then it's much more interesting to see people FALL in love and reaching the stage of finally being in love at the same time then just watching a couple be happily in love. 
People could argue that's why NJ's going to simply date CB for a little while until T comes around but, seriously, she confessed to him MULTIPLE times so it's going take a lot of ridiculousness to explain away T's inaction for more than HALF the series. Quite truthfully, even if T had a good enough excuse to stay away from NJ and hurt her for so long then we have to question if he actually is the best choice for her. After all being in a healthy and happy relationship is when two people are communicating openly and making the other person feel secure in the other person's affections. Though I know Oppa is an AWESOME guy I find that perhaps because of their personal history and their sibling like relationship, he won't be the best guy for NJ since he won't make her feel loved as a WOMAN. And that's where CB excels in lol.
Sorry for my ridiculous rant, I just had to get it out of my system. I know my CB end game rant might not seem coherent (or logical to tell the truth haha) but I just feel so strongly that for narrative purposes CB should be the husband. 
YYS and JW just rocked in that very short teaser! They're amazing actors! Did anyone notice though how at 9 seconds into the preview, Oppa kind of makes a face like it hurt a lot and he's pissed that CB would have the nerve to throw a ball that hard? I kind of laughed at that part lol. 

You know you have reached the Shi Won level of crazy when it comes to shipping/fangirling when you think that even the latest song remake for the OST seems to imply a Chilbong/Na Jeong endgame. LOL  The latest song is called "You, Who I Can't Have" and someone in the drama thread was kind enough to post up the link:

I'm just getting Reply 1997 feels 

When I read the news that Seo In Guk and Eun Ji sang a duet together, I felt like the writer was just being ridiculously obvious because there was just no way their characters wouldn't get together! And then they released a second duet and an MV to accompany it and what caught my interest was that it started off with Yoon Jae's confession, with OTP scenes in between, and then at the end it continues from after Yoon Jae gives Shi Won the ring and she's just looking at it and then it cuts to her wearing it in the bus AND THEN cuts to the ring she forgot by the sink when she went to the bathroom in 2013. And this was before the finale obviously but that MV pretty much gave away that Yoon Jae was the baby daddy.

So darnit if I can't help but feel that they're doing the same thing here ugh down to including Chilbongie's confession (wahhh "jjak sarang") at the end! Like what kind of beacon of hope. The scenes are mostly of Na Jeong pining over Oppa and I will point out that although they include Oppa as well, they were of his reactions to her confessions but you get more of the feel that it's from Na Jeong's point of view. But then they also include Chilbongie's own unrequited love looks and even the stairs scene where it doesnt include Oppa in the scene! Ugh at these two and their unrequited loves. Like what the heck PD-nim, y u mess with my feelings like that? EVERYTHING is so Chilbong/Na Jeong biased it hurts. Just ship ship shippety ship.
When it comes to this "shipping business", I try to stay as rational and reasonable as possible but there's just something about these two that makes me throw all logic out the door.
Yep, I'm totally reaching and I'm going to be a big heartbroken mess if they're not endgame. I already know it. Le sigh.
On a YYS-related note. I was in the middle of watching his movie "Re-encounter" and I didn't get traces of Chilbong at all. Yeah his hair was different but he was so deeply immersed into his character down to the way he smiled that I had to remind myself that this was the same guy that plays Chilbong. It's kind of amazing.

candid59 said: You know you have reached the Shi Won level of crazy when it comes to shipping/fangirling when you think that even the latest song remake for the OST seems to imply a Chilbong/Na Jeong endgame. LOL  The latest song is called "You, Who I Can't Have" and someone in the drama thread was kind enough to post up the link:

When I read the news that Seo In Guk and Eun Ji sang a duet together, I felt like the writer was just being ridiculously obvious because there was just no way their characters wouldn't get together! And then they released a second duet and an MV to accompany it and what caught my interest was that it started off with Yoon Jae's confession, with OTP scenes in between, and then at the end it continues from after Yoon Jae gives Shi Won the ring and she's just looking at it and then it cuts to her wearing it in the bus AND THEN cuts to the ring she forgot by the sink when she went to the bathroom in 2013. And this was before the finale obviously but that MV pretty much gave away that Yoon Jae was the baby daddy.

So darnit if I can't help but feel that they're doing the same thing here ugh down to including Chilbongie's confession (wahhh "jjak sarang") at the end! Like what kind of beacon of hope. The scenes are mostly of Na Jeong pining over Oppa and I will point out that although they include Oppa as well, they were of his reactions to her confessions but you get more of the feel that it's from Na Jeong's point of view. But then they also include Chilbongie's own unrequited love looks and even the stairs scene where it doesnt include Oppa in the scene! Ugh at these two and their unrequited loves. Like what the heck PD-nim, y u mess with my feelings like that? EVERYTHING is so Chilbong/Na Jeong biased it hurts. Just ship ship shippety ship.
When it comes to this "shipping business", I try to stay as rational and reasonable as possible but there's just something about these two that makes me throw all logic out the door.
Yep, I'm totally reaching and I'm going to be a big heartbroken mess if they're not endgame. I already know it. Le sigh.
On a YYS-related note. I was in the middle of watching his movie "Re-encounter" and I didn't get traces of Chilbong at all. Yeah his hair was different but he was so deeply immersed into his character down to the way he smiled that I had to remind myself that this was the same guy that plays Chilbong. It's kind of amazing.

FML. JUST TAKE MY HEART AND BE DONE WITH IT. 
THAT NEW PREVIEW. OMGAHHHHHHHH.
tumblr_m913v0IT461r6prk9o1_400.gif

I ACTUALLY CANNOT DEAL WITH 2 SECS OF TEARY-EYED CHILBONGIE LET ALONE AN ENTIRE SCENE. HEOLLLLL. Tomorrow feels like an eternity. 
I knew he'd be suffering even more heartbreak in Ep 11 ... but nuuuuuu it PUNCHES me literally in the gut and I can't take it. He's just so precious :'( 
I don't know what to make of it - other than that I think it's going to be about Najeong rather than Binggrae. It really can go one of two ways - he either concedes and Oppa/Najeong self-destruct while he's on the side waiting for her to find sense (hehehehe I kid) or he makes a point of not backing down. I DON'T KNOW. I JUST HAVE TOO MANY FEELZ. 
I actually will be really disappointed if CB/NJ aren't endgame. It's not that I don't think the writers could achieve a plausible story - it just wouldn't be the one I'd prefer. Simple as that. 

Chilbongie did a uni campus visit :) 
10000397316.jpgsource: nate
HYORIN. You stay away from Najeong's man! hehehe201311220816777197_528e956917186.jpg
source: nate
They compiled Ara and Yeon Seok's pictorials <3 BEAUTIFUL OTP IS BEAUTIFUL. 2013112239317_01.8068955.1.jpg
source: nate
More from his Nylon shoot /THUD Yeon Seokie is starting to get more offers for pictorials/photoshoots!!! As he should. He's practically model height <3
Source: nate1385087965-79-org.jpg

1385087957-10-org.jpg

Guest aoikarin

inaho said: candid59 said: You know you have reached the Shi Won level of crazy when it comes to shipping/fangirling when you think that even the latest song remake for the OST seems to imply a Chilbong/Na Jeong endgame. LOL  The latest song is called "You, Who I Can't Have" and someone in the drama thread was kind enough to post up the link:

I just want to say..thank you for all the update on Yoo Yeon Seok and all the insightful comments about why CH is NJ husband! I love reading it. Happy 10th year Yeon Suk..I wish I have known you before Reply 1994 ~ haha. This thread is so lively..which makes me super duper happy!!!

The preview is such a cliffhanger! I just want to watch ep 11 already! Trash is definitely waking up...the scene was so intense. Chilbong probably thew that ball at his full strength to show Trash that he's never giving up..while Trash catches the ball with full strength..and those eyes. Both of their eyes...so intense!!!

To see Yoo Yeon Sook appear in Hyorin's newest music video is a surprise for me. He looks very fierce and lovely in there...teehee.

Guest ineedpie

I feel like my life will be on hold for at least another five more weeks when this drama finally ends. I have never been this stressed out about a fictional couple, omggahhh. I am pessimistic still, but I really want Chilbongie to be the endgame. I am crossing my fingers, I am sending telephatic messages to writernim, and I am just generally an emotional wreck for the past few days.

I can't help being this emotionally involved in the drama.

It's just slightly frustrating to know that writernim's constantly handing Trash Oppa a comeuppance as a romantic contender every time Chilbongie does something swoonworthy and sweet to Na Jung. e.g. Chilbongie went all the way to be with Najung in SCP's hometown, and Trash Oppa said that he could not remember a single thing from the movie he watched with Na Jung. I don't know if that's a comeuppance by the definition of the word, but it's freaking me out because I need my OTP ship to sail. I lovelovelove Trash Oppa as a character, but I cannot see him as a romantic contender. Not now and probably never. There's something fundamental about Na Jung and Oppa's relationship that makes me uncomfortable, and I'm still a bit bitter that they're not siblings.

Writernim knows that it is the sticky factor that keeps us tuned in though. I can't believe we're going to keep this up until the last episode.

I've said once that if writernim wants to make Na Jung and Oppa the endgame in the end, I have faith that he can convince me of why they are the endgame. But it wouldn't be Chilbongie, and that makes me sad because he is my favourite character right now in RM1994. Najung comes a close second.

In fact, I think I will RAGE and I feel like that rage can propel me to literally flip a table if the end comes down to that. I'll prolly be too upset to muster any strength to flip one though and will be in denial for days. fjbhksjbfdskdfbksjdb Don't touch me! *incoherent noises as I think about it*

By the 14th, 15th episode, we'll have a pretty clear picture of who Na Jung's husband is. That is why I want Chilbongie to have a stronger impact in Na Jung's life, for Na Jung to fall quicker, for Chilbongie to be so deeply etched in her heart by then so that he is capable of wringing out strong emotions from her the way Trash could, he is able to claw his way into her heart, he will be her husband in the future.

I can only pray (to the dramagods) and hope that Chilbongie will be more fleshed out as a character in the second half of the drama. He is already very compelling as a character, and writernim's already had a good canvas to fill in and develop Chilbongie's character. There is so much potential I'm going to shed tears if writernim doesn't see to it.

Chilbongie hwaiting!

tumblr_mf3u2elXgP1qbqqwuo5_250.gif

@candid59 Yesss! I'm having all sorts of kinky thoughts with his bed hair. He can turn into someone believably sleazy or sweet depending on which hairstyle he is sporting at the moment.

This is sleazy.

fullsizephoto260624.jpg

This is arghjhjsocuteIwannapinchhischeeks!

answer4-00249.jpg

Guest kishaleigh

@zelphietileternity  im just living here in korea for almost seven years but still my hangukmal is so poor..(shame on me) i just started studying 한국어 last year. I regretted why i didnt study the hangukmal five years ago..until now ..it is difficult for me to communicate with my korean friends. (im just a slow learner ajumma who loves chilbongie for najung)

;;)

Archived