Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

@hongchae thanks for the warm welcome <333 I'm really grateful that a lot of us are Chilbong shippers. Of course, I'll post all of my thoughts in this thread, I was containing myself for the past few weeks if I should post something on the other thread but I noticed that if somebody post about Chilbongie's cuteness/potential husband end game, a lot of "Oppa" shippers will comment and say "Nah, it's just coincidence" or "Oppa is the end game". That's why I'm really afraid to post my insights there. 
And I like to point that a lot of them thinks that Chilbong's New Year's Kiss is forceful, I mean, am I only one who is offended in this statement? Sure he does kiss her without permission, but men, that is his sign of pure love, he wants to assure that what he is saying is indeed true and it came from the heart, so to make it believable.... he sealed it with a kiss. I don't understand why they think of it as an aggressive move.... it's not that he was going to rape her... 
BUT OK I'LL MAKE THIS AS MY LAST RANT HAHA I WANT TO BE A GOOD SHIPPER AND I DON'T WANT TO BASH THE OTHER SHIP. And yeah I made a promise to myself that I will enjoy this show no matter what happens <333
Hihihi AJA AJA HWAITING! YOU CAN PASS YOUR EXAM... JUST THINK OF BONG-AH'S ABS LOL KIDDIN'! 

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JunnieZa

I was rewatching reply 1994 ep again and I realize the storyline is actually very simple - the introduction, the chase, the hurdles and the happy ending... The show follows the story of NJ and CB with some side tracks to the friends and family. If the end game were to be NJ/Oppa then wouldn't the storytelling start way earlier when they were growing up (instead of giving us the adorable pics of NJ/real oppa/Oppa)?

First few ep shows her living her life and slowly CB enters her life as a stranger and become interested in her. In kdrama, life is not as smooth sailing so throw in another contender (1st love - Oppa) and that CB is famous in baseball and maybe some angst/jealously and we are good to go. I do hope Haitai is not one of the contenders, but a good chingu for NJ. Guys and gals can be just friends. Period.

I am not going to overthink the 2013 scenes and just accept that CB is the hubby... Haha... Their interactions is exactly like how my parents behave!!! CB voice went softer when he told her off on NJ bad words!!! That is totally how a couple do it!!!

Totally cannot wait for sat!!! And sun for the subs!!!

PBJayism

said: @candid59

bb have you seen the latest updates for the spoilers? HOLD MEEEHHHHH. I'm wrought with anxiety because it's obvious that Oppa is making a fierce comeback in the last 10 eps. BUT HOMG. Chilbongie spotted at the scene of the Sampoong department collapse?? :'(

Good luck with studying and exams @hongchae <3 You'll come back to many pages of the gorgeous Chilbongie/YYS

;)

I feel sad that so many people cheering for Chilbong feel like the Answer Me thread isn't welcoming :/ I love posting there! I think we shouldn't all be driven to this thread because then there is less conversation and balance in the other; rather, we should urge everyone there to focus on the positives of their own favorite characters/relationships rather than try to point out the failings of others ^.^ And we can start with the positives of Chilbongie (and Na-jung, my poor neglected Na-jung). I'm always pointing out the positives of Chilbong and Na-jung ahaha.

I do understand the kiss deal, because well for me and those I know, a kiss, even if it's gentle and sweet, that is not forewarned or welcomed is just that - not welcomed. It also leads to thoughts like "Well if it's sweet an innocent, it's okay if I kiss her...grab her wrist...etc because I /care/" but what if it does hurt the other person, emotionally if not physically? It does add a burden to Na-jung, because being kissed by someone who is a friend and knowing that and knowing you hold his heart in your hands...is a burden. But to me that is not a make-or-break deal. We all make mistakes, and as far as "mistakes" this is not the most hurtful one (to me, Oppa's inability to speak and resolve the tension is more hurtful, in many ways), it's just a bit foolish/inconsiderate, perhaps. It was literally less than 30 seconds of the drama, the kiss, so if the criticisms bother you just focus on the idea of future kisses that no one can argue is unwilling. (Willing kisses between Na-jung and Chilbong...oh my, oh my. I want!)

This is bad of me, but I really hope Chilbong has scenes soon where he goes through some very real mental/physical struggles (...I want to see Yoo Yeon Seok act in pain OTL I'm such a bad fan T.T). Haha but really, I think the reason in Korea perhaps he isn't the most popular/so hyped is because his character is very "kind" and "nice" and "sweet" and the Korean population tends to like their complications quite a bit. I think of Yoo-seok really gets to put his acting skills to the test by acting a scene where it's really emotional - not too dramatic, more restrained emotion (i.e. not all-out bawling LOL) it would be great! Also, while puppy Chilbong is the best (I just want to hug him), in a way it'd put him on an even ground with the oppa that has so many internal struggles, if he also had them. Although I hope the writers will keep on the path they chose, I do worry that with how much the Korean watchers love Oppa that...it will be an influence on the ending...so I want the Korean audience to fall in love with Chilbong more and more, and jump to our ship! :D I also really want YYS to get more leading roles through this! More of YYS for me to watch~

(Is it bad that I hope it's either Na-jung or Chilbong that gets pretty injured?? I feel like such a bad person...)

Guest missymay

I am impressed with CB's bTS where he was filmed kissing Na Jung at midnight. In between shoots, he tried to ease the tension by signing kiss kiss. Looks like he is trying to make go Ara comfortable before shooting starts. I wish Go Ara and YYS become a real couple like our Bummie and MCY after AM1994 ends

Guest aoikarin

I love reading all the comments and the theories here. Picking up all the clues in 2002 and 2013, (fake or not) I want to believe so much that Chilbong is the husband. If he's not, the writer must give me a very good explanation and satisying reasons why he isn't one. His interactions with Na Jeong in 2013, and his behaviour towards Na Jeong can be said more than close friend!

These are what I pickedup from the interaction between CB -NJ and CB' behaviour in 2013:

* CB weren't wear any jacket/ formal suit and he was tired. (Busy with movinghouse thing?)

* CB were in Na Jeong's house recently and stays there until late so he knows all about Ssuk suuk's recent habits (stay out late).

*He was with NJ all the time since he knows all the game she plays and nags her about her cussings.

*He feels comfortable to sleep in one of NJ's bedroom (master bed room or ssuk suk's br)

* NJ didn't make any fuss about CB snacthed her coffee and book. (They even use matching teacup)

* CB didn't make any comment about the book NJ reads. Lonely Planet Vietnam. he knows about it! (They plan trip together?)

* NJ took the package by herself instead of ask her husband to take it. So far, she asked her husband to run errand, buy coffee, buy beers, ask oppa buy mayonnaise. (D'oh ! Another hint oppa is the husband). Anyway, she took it herself instead of asking her husband to take it. why?because CB "the husband?" wasn't there. He's sleeping in the bedroom. Again, when he came out and joined them, NJ shouted her husband that the packaged has arrived. Such a coincident. But this one might be a fake clue and very vague, easy for rebuttal.

* NJ straight away agreed to open appa's 20 years ginseng wine when CB suggested her. like appa like daughter, softy heart for CB. Remember they all begged appa to sleep in the living room with the AC on? It's only because of CB. LOL .

From wedding video, 2002:

* Appa reluctant to hand NJ to the groom. Whoever he is, all daddies will have a reluctant moment to give his beloved daughter to the hand of another man. Ask your dad. LOL

* The stand-in husband acted with CB's mannerism and wear a wig so he look's like CB from the back. Tsk tsk tsk , writer n PD Shin love to troll.

* Choose the wedding day on the day of world cup's semifinal. to me, it's so CB's attitude. Whenever, he couldn't get what he wants, or dislike of something, he's bound to do something nasty. He's a rebel kid. Ie: angry with her mom--Not attending his mom's wedding and ignored her for the whole month, SCP's coffee -- cursed so it rains, No Breakfast because of teaching NJ to see magic book -- pouting and nags NJ, disgusting act of baseball's senior - pitched the ball right to annoying senior's head, NJ declared lose not being able to see the crazy eye book (indeed his confession towards NJ)-- mad at NJ, yelled at her richard simmons and cut off the line. Sassy Immature CB. Very cute! So there's something that irk CB so he choose a crazy day to get married.

Anyway, like @jongfucius said It's hard to pass his actions off as normal behavior between two very close friends, because between two close friends of opposite genders, and with one being married you'd think the other would be more reserved with their actions, no?

YES, INDEED (Especially in Asian cultures) ! Thank you.

Off the topic, I'm a married ahjumma with 2 kids. my husband was my sweetheart college's friend, not my first love. he was a gentleman like, in some occasions acted cute, mostly act mature than me and super romantic. but he changed. He's been behaving like trash oppa since our first son was born. That's why, a married man can change... Like CB, from masked sweet cute puppy (for me, indeed he's a sly rebel kid) to his true color : assertive, sassy, sly and super sexy man. Raaarww.

Back to the topic. However, I found one inconsistent scene in 2013 (if CB is the husband. YIkkeeees I don't want to think about it). There's a skin ship scene between Na Jeong and oppa (mayonnaise incident). Na Jeong let him to clean her face! if because of this scene they make oppa is the husband, I am very upset. I hate it if they use this scene as rebuttal to convince us trash as the husband. However, it is true that as a married woman, I won't let other man except my husband to touch my face (in NJ's context) eventhough he's as close to me as my blood brother. But, I also, won't let a guy who is not my husband, but a male best friend to behave like ChilBong in 2013. (I do have one best Male buddy and he became a good friend of my husband too! And tell you the truth after married, we behave more reserved towards each other. We just couldn't act like we used to be in college.

Btw, I believed HaiTai become a lawyer/presecutor since he has a tiny badge on his collar suit. His character like to defend his friends, doesn't want to lose from others, always have his way to answer back to his opponent, like to bluff to gain his winning are suitable for him being a lawyer. LOL

One more thing, during the playing card, oppa asked HT to give him money. It's W36.500.000. And Hai Tai just lauff it off and said "Pheww that was close!"  Do u have any idea what about it?

@POGA Sometimes, I just have too many inappropriate fangirly feelings that I know will be much more appreciated here. :P And also some crazy theories that might offend some Oppa/Na Jeong supporters so posting them here is my safest bet. But yes, I do agree that we still have to make our presence known over at the drama thread just so people reading won't feel so discouraged to express their love for Chilbongie!
And I'm with ya on wanting more emotional angst. We've had a taste of it, with Chilbong's unrequited love looks and the confession, but I want something more meaty, the kind that physically gets you in the gut (even more than those aforementioned scenes have T_T). Give it to me, show! I believe in you!

Guest JunnieZa

candid59 said:

PBJayism

said: @candid59

bb have you seen the latest updates for the spoilers? HOLD MEEEHHHHH. I'm wrought with anxiety because it's obvious that Oppa is making a fierce comeback in the last 10 eps. BUT HOMG. Chilbongie spotted at the scene of the Sampoong department collapse?? :'(

Good luck with studying and exams @hongchae <3 You'll come back to many pages of the gorgeous Chilbongie/YYS

;)

@POGA You happen to be one of my favourite posters in the drama thread and I love that you're all about our protagonist Na jeong. It's not just my bias/favoritism towards Chilbongie that has made me such a diehard stan of this couple - it's that I have almost as much love for Najeong and believe she's so whole-heartedly deserving of an amazing guy like him hahaha! I don't blame Chilbongie for falling so quickly for her ;) While I felt like Shiwon was more fleshed out as a character overall in AM1997 - I actually find Najeong more endearing with more heart and potential for even greater character development. She's just so giving and nurturing while I did feel at times Shiwon knew exactly what to say and do to get her way.  
And it's not that I'm truly deterred from posting in the main drama thread - I have the same attitude as you do; to just post and discuss my favorite characters and the things I love about them and the drama rather than being negative and comparing. 
From the get go - my take is just to ignore anything too negative and go about happily posting about Chilbongie hahaha. However, because I do tend to like only discussing Chilbongie and Chilbongie/Najeong as an extension, I often feel like its a burden LOL. I'm happy for people to respond and want to open up discussion with me, but from my experience already, what happens instead is that rather than responding to me/my thoughts, I'm just labeled as Chilbongie-biased and for some people that then implies something about my personal preferences. I did not appreciate very blatant implications that the majority of us liked Chilbongie for his abs alone because his character was so bland. I can ignore isolated comments but there were instances where the overall vibe of the thread was very negative/anti-Chilbongie.And another example, it's been stressed many times already in the main thread that apparently 2013 scenes are just there to troll and hold zero importance so there's no point in dissecting them. I understand that, but sometimes it IS fun to play the writer's troll game ... so for me, where I do microanalyze 2013 scenes, it's just a little more encouraging to post those silly fangirly thoughts some place else. I feel like I do have to placate and appease different types of fans in the drama thread and it becomes tedious. I don't like having to explain myself or put up a disclaimer so I just got bored of trying and giving input. All my personal experience though. 
But I definitely understand what you mean and that having this thread here to "escape" to does diminish the level of discussion and balance of opinions in the main drama thread. 
I wrote a lengthy post about why IMO the kiss felt justified but that I too am perfectly aware and fine with some viewers not liking it. Honestly, I do think it was more a plot device and a well-worn kdrama trope than any real reflection of Chilbongie's character. Perhaps I'll once again stake my ground in the drama thread and write another long rambly post to spread some Chilbongie love hahaha. 
Oh boy - we're ALL waiting for some passionate reciprocated kisses between Najeong-Chilbongie hehehe. The amount of real kisses shown in AM1997 gives me hope that they'll deliver on the passion and romance this time round - it's why I loved that the characters are all a little older as well. 
As for your hopes for Chilbongie - AMEN. I too really want something more for Chilbongie - both to explain his development and growth as a character and for YYS's talent to be even more acknowledged! I believe that in terms of complexity, he and Oppa are on equal footing. Obviously, when talking within the context of the love triangle - Oppa is definitely more complicated/complex about his feelings but I definitely stand by that there's so much more to Chilbongie than just a sweet guy with a nice smile and a killer arm :) 
Thanks for always contributing such amazing and insightful posts though :) 

Guest crazygirl911

Just found this thread today, and i'm so glad there is a place where we can share the Chilbong love without being judged... :) 
I know im reading too much into the scene, but since im such a CB-NJ shipper, i believe that in the aegyo scenes, its a clue for CB 
NJ winked like how she does when she's ready to bite someone and of all the cast members, who shows a biting face? CB of course!
So ya, it must be CB is the husband, LOL, its a bit far fetched i know, but i just love CB that much that i will find clues in anything.. LOL 

Also, because the drama thread is full of differing and sometimes very strong opinions, it does require one to be cautious and more coherent about what they're posting. But sometimes, you just wanna go: 
tumblr_mwlz37cHb91r86lhbo1_250.giftumblr_mwlz37cHb91r86lhbo2_250.gif
tumblr_mwlz37cHb91r86lhbo3_250.giftumblr_mwlz37cHb91r86lhbo4_250.gif
src
ETA: Also, I know we're mainly discussing Chilbongie/YYS here but by extension, Na Jeong deserves a little appreciation post from me just because that girl is not given enough of the praise she deserves. To be fair, no one seems to be complaining about her either so I take that as a good thing. But I would like to highlight just how awesome of a heroine she is and that whoever ends up being the husband will be just as lucky at landing a great catch such as her. She's not frustrating in that she KNOWS what she wants and isn't wishy-washy about about her feelings. That's why I still find myself on her side and wanting Oppa to reciprocate whenever she confesses. She has a big heart, especially when it comes to looking out for the other boarders even if she's going through something but will call them out if they're being out of line. Also, I love how Chilbong has met his match in her because she doesn't bat an eyelash at his good looks or baseball fame and can reduce him to an adorable pouting puppy. It's refreshing to root for a couple together just based on how awesome I find them as individuals.

YYS is featured in HYORIN's new MV .... check it out you guys

a bit too close though, I wish Najung and him will be like that in 1994, gah my feels!!!!

OMG. CAPSLOCK FANGIRLING MODE /ONJKSAKLFHAS;KFH;AKSFH;FA;F
Yeon Seokie LOOKS DELICIOUS ... YUM. 
This sneaky boy!!! I'm completely blind-sighted by this ... there's been no whisperings of him featuring in her mv. OMG.
NOW I WANT NAJEONG/CHILBONGIE KISS SCENES EVEN MOARRRR. DON'T LET ME DOWN REPLY 1994. 

PBJayism said: OMG. CAPSLOCK FANGIRLING MODE /ONJKSAKLFHAS;KFH;AKSFH;FA;F
Yeon Seokie LOOKS DELICIOUS ... YUM. 
This sneaky boy!!! I'm completely blind-sighted by this ... there's been no whisperings of him featuring in her mv. OMG.
NOW I WANT NAJEONG/CHILBONGIE KISS SCENES EVEN MOARRRR. DON'T LET ME DOWN REPLY 1994. 

Archived