Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

Guest ineedpie

According to this site (http://www.koolyplay.com/2012/08/watch-eighteen-and-nineteen-korean-movie.html) :

Eighteen and Nineteen is a Korean movie about the taboo romance between two fraternal twins. As disturbing as that sounds, the movie engages viewers because it is such an odd and unique concept for a movie.

The brother and sister are approaching their eighteenth birthday soon. They develop a strange romantic connection and attraction to one another. The sister is confident enough to express her feelings, but the brother is timid and cannot tell her how he really feels.

Their situation gets bad when the brother starts dating one of her friends from school. She becomes jealous and, to get back at him, she begins dating the most popular guy in school.

Things get very awkward when they introduce each other and the four of them are together. Not only that, but the brother later takes up boxing as a way to relieve his jealousy. The guy his sister is dating is a boxing champ, and he is determined to beat him and win his sister back.

~

I can't wait to check this movie out (as soon as I'm done with a huge exam)! It is an unconventional love story, but Yoo Yeon Seok looks mighty fine here. I'm also turning into quite a fangirl, stocking up on his pictures in my computer. I've been doing that for a while now.  :))

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PBJayism said: /FLAILING
HE HAS SO MUCH AEGYO. I didn't even think it was possible to love him any more than I already do. This loveable pup. Stahp it.  
LOL The hands cringing action as they're going about shooting the kiss scene :P AWWW. And he and Go Ara are so cute!! They're originally from the same hometown too LOL (iirc) 
/FAINTS YAHSSSS YEON SEOKKIE. You MAKE a stand. I know it might just be because they haven't posed the same question to the others but boy do I love that even IRL, Chilbongie's actor is more than happy to say (and hopefully go for) what he wants ;) 
On a slightly serious note - I'm amazed at the overwhelming support for Chilbongie/YYS from the international audience, at least compared to the national audience. Because while I'm sure there are Chilbongie fans in S.Korea (apparently they're quite the vocal type as well HAHAHA) the general reception is heavily skewed in Oppa's favour. And only having filmed half the drama ahead of airing still gives them plenty of creative license to do a complete 180 in the second half (which is where I think they're headed). I did toy with the idea of Najeong waiting for Oppa in that preview and Chilbongie just happens to turn up instead :P 
EDIT A lovely soompier translated an article about Chilbongie's "name" on the back of his jersey in the drama thread and all I have to say is - I'm glad the PD put that rumour to rest. Of course his name isn't Kim Sun Joon or Kim Dong Joon ... it's Kim Jae Joon >:) >:) >:) lolol 

Guest missymay

I am so glad that YyS has done his military service. That is a smart move.

Hope he will land better roles after AM1994.

I have watched werewolf and GF and didn't even reconcile YYS in those shows *sheepish*

I am glad that writer and producer choose YyS cos among all, I think YyS has more years of acting than the rest

Guest glenedi

Hi I'm new here but I've been a silent lurker in the other forum. Thank you @candid59 for mentioning this thread as I can't stand the shipping wars in the other forum. I'm NJ-CB shipper from the very beginning. Thank goodness we have our own thread for CHILBONGIE. It took me hours to finish reading all the posts but I truly enjoyed all the thoughts/insights. You guys rock.

Guest 8001spring

PYZicja.png
ieGcZBC.pngGAS9NRp.jpg
YcdTFwL.jpg
Credit: Reply 1994
P/S: Thanks everyone who have been contributing to this thread! So glad to see so many fans out here. To the other YYS-fans, come out and play with us too *does a Chilbong pout*

@candid59  Thank You for reminding me...

I hope he can get the the BEST ACTOR AWARD coz i don't think he'll be nominated as New Actor for he made some Dramas before and also, since Lee Seung Gi is rumored to be nominated for DAESANG. I hope Yeon Seuk can take home an award anyway either its New or Best Actor Award..

Finally a thread where i could go full-on spazz mode without being categorized or criticize. It baffles me that some people on the main thread generalize that CB shippers like BG/OPPA gay storyline, uhm nu-uh! and also don't get me started about that bit were some of them think we only like him because dang! he mighty fine (its true though, every time he takes off his clothes, its like hubba! hubba!). Its totally more than that. When @candid59 posted the link I'm like here I come, didn't even sleep till like 2 am cause I just had to read all the posts here and man I'm so happy *fist pumps* this thread isn't just mere thread to spazz but it is also insightful. Every posts I read its like yeah! yuh!.....and keeps my bias heart so happy... you guys are incredible *major slow clap*
When I started watching this series I already was aware that it ain't easy figuring out who the husband will be as I've heard of reply 1997 so I never really thought about figuring out who the husband is but while reading all your posts now I'm more inclined to do detective work. It maybe futile but who knows right, the slightest of cues may have the biggest impact in this whole storyline.
Oh and to add up to the lists of things that point CB as the husband I think @missymay from the main thread posted that when Dohee ask Najung if they could drink the alcohol that's in the cupboard which Dad brewed after winning the series way back and has not been touch ever since, Najung was totally albeit willfully against it but when CB chimed in with aegyo voice saying that he won't notice if they just pour soju in it, Najung totally agreed to it.
and because of that to me it seems like the whole thing about CB being the husband might be true (*crossing fingers*) the way he acts around her, gahhh! for the lack of a better term, and I think in the first couple of pages someone mentioned that the writers are just pulling our legs, having the majority of viewers pin for Oppa when all along it has been CB and will always be CB in the end *swoons*
and yeah before I go back to lurk mode I think I read an article somewhere about YYS way back and it was mentioned that this is his first time playing a lead role, so not second lead but main lead?...... :D :D :D 

Guest zelphietileternity

Woo! I just spent hours reading all the posts in this thread but it was well worth it! Thank you @candid59 for recommending this thread to me since I can't help but feel that Chil Bong shippers aren't very welcome in the 1994 thread lol. I'm usually a lurker but CB has made me come out of lurking though I probably will go back to lurking once AM 1994 ends lol.

First things first, WELCOME to everyone who just found this thread! I'm glad all y'all were able to find your way here! :D It's going to be so much more fun having more people to speculate and discuss with and I do love reading what people come up with so please enjoy your stay! :)
Also, thanks to everyone contributing to pics/videos and just all-aroung Chilbong/YYS goodness! That video of Heechul practically imploding over Chilbongie just makes my day, it's sooo cute and hilarious just how CB-biased he is! Uri Bong-ah is just that irresistible :))
@zelphietileternity I have that feeling that I'm being judged whenever I post anything CB/NJ related over there but I like to remind them once in awhile that we do still exist. :P Because I do think that some people feel discouraged to post their thoughts/feelings about CB/NJ because Team Chilbongie isn't as vocal or prevalent in the drama thread, which is a big shame!

Guest jongfucius

@inaho I read your comment in the drama thread and I was going to reply to you but thought it'd be best if I saved it for this thread, for fear I might get harped by the others for all my over-analyzing! LOL. 
"anyways so I was re-watching the episodes and while I was watching episode 3, there's a scene there where Najung was playing a game on her phone right, I don't know if anyone has pointed this out or not, but if Trash was the husband wouldn't he know at least what she was playing? I mean if he was the hubby wouldn't he know her pass times? Cause it does not make sense that he was asking the others what she gets after she wins first place (even if he is busy at work being a doctor, saving lives and what not,), they've been married for 11 years and knowing his personality, he is so in tune with Najung he should have at least known that tiny bit. On the other hand it was CB who answered what games she was playing and how she gets first place in most of them. What do you guys think?......"

MY EXACT THOUGHTS! I found it oddly surprising that Trash didn't know about the concept behind winning Anipang, that he even ASKED Yoon-jin about it. As you've mentioned above, Oppa is usually and always in tuned with Na-jung, it's evident in several scenes we've seen so far in the 1994 time frame. I recall a lot of people noting change in the characters in 2013, for example Chilbongie, going from cute and innocent in 1994 to being so jaded in 2013. Perhaps, that sequence where Oppa questions Yoon-jin aboout Aninpang hints at a change in Oppa and also his relationship with Na-jung as well? Their relationship is already beginning to change NOW, so that idea may not be a far stretch.
I know we're supposed to be taking these clues in with a grain of salt, but I can't help it when the clues seem to be in favor of Chilbongie being the husband (blame my biased feels!!!). It's hard to pass his actions off as normal behavior between two very close friends, because between two close friends of opposite genders, and with one being married you'd think the other would be more reserved with their actions, no? For those of us who've seen Reply 1997, (not taking in the fact that we already knew Yoon-jae would be the husband) lets recall the time when Yoon-jae had readjusted Shi-won's bra strap, what "bro in law" would have the audacity to do that to his own "sister in law" had Shi-won been married to Tae-woong? Their history and close relationship doesn't even excuse it. That very clue and scene was what solidified my confidence in Yoon-jae being the husband and not Tae-wong. Lol, I know I might be getting too ahead of myself but the clues in Reply 1994 are way too reminiscent of the clues in Reply 1997, and not to mention Chilbongie has been giving me too many Yoon-jae vibes...
Whether these clues are just red-herrings or not, there'll always be a hint of truth in them :) 

Guest zelphietileternity

candid59 said:@zelphietileternity I have that feeling that I'm being judged whenever I post anything CB/NJ related over there but I like to remind them once in awhile that we do still exist. :P Because I do think that some people feel discouraged to post anything their thoughts/feelings about CB/NJ because Team Chilbongie isn't as vocal or prevalent in the drama thread, which is a big shame!

jongfucius

said:

MY EXACT THOUGHTS! I found it oddly surprising that Trash didn't know about the concept behind winning Anipang, that he even ASKED Yoon-jin about it. As you've mentioned above, Oppa is usually and always in tuned with Na-jung, it's evident in several scenes we've seen so far in the 1994 time frame. I recall a lot of people noting change in the characters in 2013, for example Chilbongie, going from cute and innocent in 1994 to being so jaded in 2013. Perhaps, that sequence where Oppa questions Yoon-jin aboout Aninpang hints at a change in Oppa and also his relationship with Na-jung as well? Their relationship is already beginning to change NOW, so that idea may not be a far stretch.
I know we're supposed to be taking these clues in with a grain of salt, but I can't help it when the clues seem to be in favor of Chilbongie being the husband (blame my biased feels!!!). It's hard to pass his actions off as normal behavior between two very close friends, because between two close friends of opposite genders, and with one being married you'd think the other would be more reserved with their actions, no? For those of us who've seen Reply 1997, (not taking in the fact that we already knew Yoon-jae would be the husband) lets recall the time when Yoon-jae had readjusted Shi-won's bra strap, what "bro in law" would have the audacity to do that to his own "sister in law" had Shi-won been married to Tae-woong? Their history and close relationship doesn't even excuse it. That very clue and scene was what solidified my confidence in Yoon-jae being the husband and not Tae-wong. Lol, I know I might be getting too ahead of myself but the clues in Reply 1994 are way too reminiscent of the clues in Reply 1997, and not to mention Chilbongie has been giving me too many Yoon-jae vibes...
Whether these clues are just red-herrings or not, there'll always be a hint of truth in them :) 

Guest kimchiflavoredplot

*after reading all posts* WOW.  ^:)^I have to admit, all the insightful discussions on this thread make me sooooooo tempted to wear this shirt.
More power! :x

PS: So the shirt isn't here. I still don't know how to make the photo appear (better luck next time) :((

Archived