[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing episode with lots of swooning moments from our OTP....if you ignore SH that is. Between other than our OTP, everyone else can see the romance brewing between them.

SN looked lovely like any noble lady in the preview for EP 37 ....cant wait for their date outside the palace.

My ‘timely’ recaps have been hit because the live streaming of late leaves much to be desired.  In that it mostly gets to a point that prevents this recapper from drafting decent recaps to you.  Hence I have to download and watch later, then draft recap which is takes time  & is done in MS Word to keep track of all comments etc that I have made on this show (easier to manage/manipulate) .  Hope you do not mind this in terms of time. 

Notice that our pages and interested viewers comments have been growing, happy for that.  @andy78 thanks for the videos of late it is appreciated, unfortunately the only thing I will allow myself to watch is the preview because I’m at work when this is sent fortunately there is a strict but fairly relaxed ICT policy or I will never be able to get on soompi otherwise during the day.

Key: Soo Baek Hyang -SBH, Crown Prince- MN, Seolnan- SN, Seolhi- SH, Grand Marshal -GM, Jinmu -JM,  fake name for  SH  SH/ “SBH”  or “SBH”, Toldae – TLD, Manggu – MGG, BI Moon –BM (spy unit), SL – Soup Lady/Yo Uki, Khobak – KBK, Kucheon –KC, Chae Hwa – CH, Training Chief – TC, Do Rim - DR.

Episode 36

The king summons DR who greets him, MN in his chambers.  You can see that the king still angry at DR but he needs her skills so GM states the current situation between Koguryo/Baekjae, the king also says something to her seeking advice.  DR responds that she expected something like this and has something prepared, she gives him a painting and some explanations as to what that painting means. The king looks at the painting while listening to her words, she mentions that now is not the time to fight with them; he asks if she can take responsibility for what she said ‘yes, she is sure etc.’. The king mentions his father, she says that she is now a Baekjae person and to believe her. GM is talking to the king saying that if he wishes to kill DR he will follow his instructions, the king says no, talks about Koguryo and angrily about DR, says he cannot do so.  GM meets DR who is concerned about the king, GM says that the king is a strange man etc. he asks her why didn’t she return to Koguryo her answer was that she felt that she couldn’t go back, the GM mentions MN being in charge of BM of which she is aware, he says what MN is likely to do.  

The king instructs MN to let BM find out something, MN meets TC and gives him his orders.  At camp, SN is cleaning and scolding them about the mess they are making, talking to MGG/TLD about Koguryo/Baekjae.  TC comes in with Koguryo soldier’s armour, he talks about what the assignment is.  Its’ a task for BM, he calls out MGG|TLD|SN, this is where MGG’s art skills come into play as it’s a reconnaissance mission on the enemy grounds.  BMs get ready, they leave, however TLD meets SL talks, kisses her & goes to work (funny scene with music & MGG/SN).  

SH is in the library reading about Koguryo etal, the queen enters tries to read some books but falls asleep, SH covers her.  SH leaves the library sees JM & passes him by silently, likewise with JM.  Team SN reaches the enemy’s headquarters,           MGG starts drawing the base etc., when he has completed it, he put his mark at the bottom while SN/TLD guards him.  They hear a sound leave MGG to check it out, they meet 2 Koguryo guards TLD responded to a question in Koguryo speak and they left.  However, MGG’s case rolled making a sound which was heard by the guards, they turn to the sound SN distracts them, both TLD/SN knockout/kill the guards.  They move them to a different location, call MGG and left.  At the palace, MN receives information of the mission.  The drawings were sent to the king who reviewed it with the councillors and MN. The king makes a decision as to their next steps and gives instructions, the councillors excluding JM’s aide are happy. MN becomes secretary to the king in a letter to Koguryo, he advises MN as to his actions re Koguryo.

At camp TLD & MGG is giving the other BMs details as to their mission, SN is there with them its’ a happy time, MN, KBK, TC sees this; MN says that they should be given drinks.  During this time SH is anxiously waiting on news regarding the situation with Koguryo, she instructs her personal maid to find out.  Koguryo has sent a response letter to the king which is read to him by his aide (waiting for subs for this) but Koguryo demands SH/”SBH” as a form of ‘hostage’, this was overheard by the personal maid who runs back to SH/”SBH” .

BMs trainees are rewarded with food/drinks for their efforts they cheer and drank as they are now officially BMs. However, SN hesitates in drinking as she thinks about all that she has gone through as a BM trainee and now that she is one of them.  She makes a toast and starts to drink but TC says that is not her reward. The following day SN is dressed as ‘girlish’ SN ends with MN coming to give her a reward, he’s dressed as well = it looks like a first date between them.  Preview – the discussion on Koguryo’s demand for SH/”SBH” being protested by both MN & JM, SN/MN’s first date.

With Koguryo’s demand, I was reminded of one of the huge disadvantages of being royalty and that is the use of them as hostages by the other country , a power chip or as marriage barters in order to keep another country in line or get some form of support.  This is especially in the case now in this story SH/”SBH” this created a lot of issues and war was at times caused because of this.  The next few episodes will show how this matter was resolved for we know that girl is not going anywhere.

Until next episode

ep 37 scenes
i guess it wasn't a date

fake princess and her daddy

SN is not Innocent anymore + met her mentor( really break my heart  the prince changed her now her life wil be always in danger one day he will realise what she lost because of him )

The episode 37 was heart-breaking ! Just harden your heart againt it ! When i first saw the photo for today episode on the mbc' s site, i knew how delusional i was, lol... The one with SN covered in blood threathening the crowned prince explains everything...

SPOILERS:
Just how did he discovered about the young gokuryeo soldiers that she couldn't kill ?! And please, i do hope that we are in the "harsher treatment" that the prince was supposed submit her to. MN is really impeccable in his role of crown prince ! How bold to treat her like this ! She is just a tool, i know but the hell, after watching the episode, i was just upset.
SN even talked about the fact that she still couldn't accept the prince's (supposed) feelings (her misunderstanding because of two idiotics ex-bandits) because of Yong Goo. It was pitiful >_<...and his gift ? A knife for her unfinished trial (to finish the two gokuryeo spies) !!!
inally, he introduced SN to Dorim to whose he asked to take in. 
We are advancing nicely in the story but wow...

This episode reminds me if la femme nikita (French version and Australian  version ), point of no return (American version) when the girls were taken from a bad situation, finished their spy  training and when their mentor took them out to celebrate all dressed up and at a restaurant gave them a weapon and a mission to kill.  I wonder how the crown prince is going to feel when he finds out she is the princess and he made her murder people. 

carmolita said: This episode reminds me if la femme nikita (French version and Australian  version ), point of no return (American version) when the girls were taken from a bad situation, finished their spy  training and when their mentor took them out to celebrate all dressed up and at a restaurant gave them a weapon and a mission to kill. 

Archived