[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

I am aware that this is a 100 episode drama, however would like to find out exactly how much e.g. 120/140 in order to gauge the progress of the story as to where they should be.  It also helps in prediction and analysis especially for the seasoned k drama watchers when we give our views as to its key characters, progress etc. A 100 episode drama is like a 50 episode standard weekend 1 hour plus drama, after watching it a while you are able to see or guess where the PDs will be going in the upcoming 3 or 4 episodes.  Right now we are at approximately one third of the show – the unpredictability given so far has been sending the real princess as a fake princess as a spy to Koguryo.  However to determine who will find out the truth first and when will it come to past you are not really sure.  Although GM thinks that SN is the real princess, he cannot act because as far as he knows she is dead, he has yet to see SN at this point.  DR with her insight suspects something but cannot do or say anything unless there is more proof.  That to me is key “proof” that SN is SBH from others outside of SH which of course is not possible at this time.

Plus there is the first episode with SH still being “SBH” facing SN which indicates her lies have yet to be completely uncovered.  Got to give the show props for actually keeping us on our toes/holding our interest because you are not truly sure as to where they will go next. 

The reveal of SN as SBH to all concerned is a Pandora box itself as it does have huge repercussions for those affected, other stories have not been told as yet for the lid to come off.   Plus we are all anxiously awaiting KC’s return, considering that he was originally from Koguryo it is likely that he is there for recovery only to return to Baekje for vengeance on his family. Got to give CH props for secretly marking her child should anything occur to her with that mark that we all thought was a birthmark was actually a tattoo.  However, knowing SH, she is likely to do something to get that covered in a case like that for once I wished JM would shut up, this I hope she fails at.  Recapping time watchers

Episode 41

Starts with DR’s warning to SN about being too open with her heart and MN thinking about SN while he works with a smile. GM with the councilors giving them instructions as to the Koguryo’s trip, some voice their concerns/questions as to SBH journey etc.  We see TLD/MGG dressed well and walking to fancy house given courtesy of BM, TLD/SL intimate time, SN/TLD/MGG are happy playing etc.  It so happens to be a partial dream as the house will be used for BM activities, they are working for the princess etc, they ask TC questions and he says not to concern themselves about it etc.

SN is undergoing etiquette training with DR – walking, eating, reading etc. which is funny being SN.  SL/TLD talk about his upcoming mission with the princess, they talk she gave him something TLD is touched.  SN is reading about the royal family etc in the solarium JM meets her, asks her for some flowers which she gives to him, they briefly talk with an introduction of themselves to each other.  The feeling one gets between them is it’s the first time I have met this person but how come it’s like I have met them before/seems familiar; its also warm.  However this was seen by MN who is jealous, he gets touchy with SN after JM had left and leaves in a huff. JM puts the flowers in a vase for SH, he thinks about SN; SH arrives to her room admires the flowers, JM/SH briefly talk with his departure.  

SN is studying, thinking about JM, she mentions JM to DR as to the feeling she got from him which is a familiar one though it’s the first time seeing each other DR asks her more questions.  SN finds it weird, saying it’s impossible, they continue with her lessons.  The king is talking to MN/GM about fake princess preparations, MN is giving him an update etc.  The king decides to meet DR & SN, we see the king’s entourage approach hearing SN’s lessons, SN pauses a bit and relays her thoughts as to the king (sincere & sensitive words describing him) the king is touched.  He orders entrance but is denied by DR who says that SN is not ready as yet etc.  SN looks out and sees the king, DR tells him to wait and believes her for success. The king leaves a bit disappointed, MN is proud after the entourage leaves SN runs out talks to DR.  MN gives the king the BM list with SN’s name on it, the king says her name aloud and gives MN the go ahead.  BM official mission begins with the mark being given on the members bodies; there is a funny talk between TC & TLD about the tattoo placing.  SN is talking to DR she asks about the BM markings on a woman, she is reminded that another woman is also BM, DR asks where she wants the tattoo, SN points to the birthmark location.  DR looks at it says it’s not a birthmark that it’s a tattoo, SN denies this, DR thinks the tattoo is familiar but do not recall yet.  SN is looking at her birthmark/tattoo when MN walks in ends up being embarrassed, he asks for DR she says she is not here, he leaves.

SH is at the king’s portraits looking at them when JM walks up they talk briefly he tells her about the flowers which is like the watermark for each king's portrait called 'SBH'.  JM is trying to trap her but it is backfiring on him as SH realizes that SN has the mark which can identify her as the true princess, she leaves. JM words are narrated at this point. SH gives her maids instructions to ensure that she can also be called ‘true princess’ as I say in my home language “what a gal tief!!” , she really is a cuckoo (countermeasure tactics being taken here).  DR recognizes the tattoo on SN as SBH, but she has more questions as to why SN has that mark on her.  DR is talking to SN asking about her past & mom, she advises her to prepare her body etc and the importance of that tattoo.  SN thinks about DR’s words, DR asks MN to give the tattoo to SN (I think DR has an ulterior motive in mind for this for the future), the tattoo on SN given by MN is significant in their relationship which is becoming more close.  The show ends with SN being told that MN will give her the tattoo.  Preview shows the end of training for all team SN and signifies the start of a new arc, SN mentions her sister.

Until next episode, take care.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest canhnhuoctran

:) Just as I thought from the beginning, the flower is indeed a tattoo :) I was thinking it has something to do with the King alone and CH wanted to mark SN as her precious SBH somehow. I didn't expect the reveal of the tattoo would be so quick though. Now I wonder how the story would progress. Although SH can fake a tattoo, someone would be summoned and the spy would know since as the maid, I'm sure she dresses the princess couple times and would notice that immediately.
It's funny how everyone seems to know a little bit of something at the moment:
GM: knows SN's face and that she's one of CH's daughtersCP: knows SN's background as she lives around the area and her family was also killed by bandits, she has a sister who she devotes too.DR: knows SN's tattoo and her knowledge of SBH, the story and her motherJM: knows the current SBH is fakeNE the spy: knows SH does not have tattooKing: the boys are switched
If only they would share the information with each other then we will have a shorter drama lol :)

@prissymom: In my opinion, I honestly don't think the CP knows that much. He is a spymaster and he would collect all the pieces of information from others so he would be one of the first people realize SN is indeed the real princess. I assume probably after they fall in love hence the tragic love story as he thought she's his sibling. There are two main reasons CP places the Bi Moon spy next to the Princess. First, he wants to know more about her and her intentions if she's not the princess and second, if she is, the spy will protect her when needed. Since he doubted CH was murdered and not killed by bandits, it's reasonable to think that the princess would be endangered later on. However, so far there's no evidence against the fake princess SH as yet. Her personality is good and she has the hairpin from CH so there's no reason he should doubt her as fake. SN's story is similar but then again, there were too many bandits groups, didn't he arrest tons of them when he went to search for glue of CH? So it's not quite logical to relate their stories. He's reasonable and a critical thinker but he's not a doubtful type. Similarly, he notices the King's favor over JM but he's in charge of everything politically so he knows he has his weight in the King's heart. However, the King doesn't show much of his feelings to him. Parents show their love differently to their children. Sometimes the obedient one doesn't get as much attention as the rebellious one. However, he knows his responsibility as CP and he does crave for the King's attention so he will strive to have more success from Bi Moon and pleases the King that way. Training SN has always been for the purpose of conquering Koguryo. Clearly after DR success, he knows there are informations and things only a woman and get. That's why he was harsh in training her so that she could help Baekjae win.As for the switch, I think only the King and his personal servant know for now. When I re-check the baby boys pic, they look too much alike and close in age for anyone outside the palace to know. I think even the GM doesn't know. Someone did mention the officer who took care of JM know the switch but I don't think so. He only grieved the late King and hate the current King for abandoning JM whom he thought the late King's son/the previous CP. He thinks it's wrong for the King to deny JM's royal blood by giving JM to him to take care instead of being in the palace and so he wants to help JM regain his rightful throne as a way to show his loyalty to the late King. I think this twist will be opened by the King himself probably toward the end, either because JM went rebellious and became a threat to the country (He and SH became allied with Koguryo) and/or because he saw how SN and MN are much in love with each other...
Just a bit of my speculation and thoughts. There're still so many things the writer can elaborate on. I just hope for SN and MN's happy ending. They just looks so good together and I would hate for SN to become stronger only to again sacrifice for other people's sake. She deserves to love and be loved by someone… unless MN is not the intelligent and nice person he portraits atm :)

Hi all!  I think SN will find out tonight that SH is 

Araminta Jouana

said: @prissymom

Personnaly, i'm pretty sure that besides Marshal Hae (and later Dorim and the maid will be important in this), no one is suspiscious. But i think that your speculations will be the key to their realisation of the truth (the trail left).

---

So SN birthmark is a tattoo !!! CH did well...

@canhnhuoctran, hi!  thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding my speculations.
I also want CP and SN to be together in the end.  :x  But these 2 have a long road ahead of them before they can be one, esp. CP :))
I think that as CP is making SN strong, SN in her turn is making CP a little bit soft-hearted.  Hopefully, at some point they will meet halfway, neither too hard nor too soft.

Guest blueivy

There’s no denying the stumbles that mirror the in-depth discussion on the riveting and risible historical epical spy drama. It provokes us to speculate and ultimately moves us in numerous dimension. The drama is very compelling spy drama. It is a huge tasks apparently for us to dissect base on the discussions on the forum which is what makes its interesting. The drama is presently skimping the surface of the plot twist. I for one don't believe for a second the the CP is aware that SN is the true princess. Secondly. Who is the aunty TLD girlfriend.... So far she's given two different names thus far..... 8-} ...... The drama pandoras box is huge and when it open there's going to be lightening and thunder :(( .....

Marshal Hae saw SN when she was going to pick up the flowers for MN...

@Araminta Jouana,   And how touching and nice was the meeting between JM and SN. Strangely, JM will be the one losing the most in not knowing about SN. Because she is his only sister, she may have been his only may to salvation if he knew everything... 

I also thought this scene was cute.  Question will they be going with her like bodyguards or just to see her get there safely.
 @ blueivy said:
The CP and SN love will never blossom as both of them are blood relatives.
You  nay think that but back then it would  be highly approved for them to marry that way the royal blood will stay within the family they hardly was ever allowed to marry and outsider unless it was a powerful family that was backing the king.  so a marriage between the crown prince and the princess  yes it will happen it has happened  in there society.

canhnhuoctran said: :) Just as I thought from the beginning, the flower is indeed a tattoo :) I was thinking it has something to do with the King alone and CH wanted to mark SN as her precious SBH somehow. I didn't expect the reveal of the tattoo would be so quick though. Now I wonder how the story would progress. Although SH can fake a tattoo, someone would be summoned and the spy would know since as the maid, I'm sure she dresses the princess couple times and would notice that immediately.
It's funny how everyone seems to know a little bit of something at the moment:
GM: knows SN's face and that she's one of CH's daughtersCP: knows SN's background as she lives around the area and her family was also killed by bandits, she has a sister who she devotes too.DR: knows SN's tattoo and her knowledge of SBH, the story and her motherJM: knows the current SBH is fakeNE the spy: knows SH does not have tattooKing: the boys are switched
If only they would share the information with each other then we will have a shorter drama lol :)

@prissymom: In my opinion, I honestly don't think the CP knows that much. He is a spymaster and he would collect all the pieces of information from others so he would be one of the first people realize SN is indeed the real princess. I assume probably after they fall in love hence the tragic love story as he thought she's his sibling. There are two main reasons CP places the Bi Moon spy next to the Princess. First, he wants to know more about her and her intentions if she's not the princess and second, if she is, the spy will protect her when needed. Since he doubted CH was murdered and not killed by bandits, it's reasonable to think that the princess would be endangered later on. However, so far there's no evidence against the fake princess SH as yet. Her personality is good and she has the hairpin from CH so there's no reason he should doubt her as fake. SN's story is similar but then again, there were too many bandits groups, didn't he arrest tons of them when he went to search for glue of CH? So it's not quite logical to relate their stories. He's reasonable and a critical thinker but he's not a doubtful type. Similarly, he notices the King's favor over JM but he's in charge of everything politically so he knows he has his weight in the King's heart. However, the King doesn't show much of his feelings to him. Parents show their love differently to their children. Sometimes the obedient one doesn't get as much attention as the rebellious one. However, he knows his responsibility as CP and he does crave for the King's attention so he will strive to have more success from Bi Moon and pleases the King that way. Training SN has always been for the purpose of conquering Koguryo. Clearly after DR success, he knows there are informations and things only a woman and get. That's why he was harsh in training her so that she could help Baekjae win.As for the switch, I think only the King and his personal servant know for now. When I re-check the baby boys pic, they look too much alike and close in age for anyone outside the palace to know. I think even the GM doesn't know. Someone did mention the officer who took care of JM know the switch but I don't think so. He only grieved the late King and hate the current King for abandoning JM whom he thought the late King's son/the previous CP. He thinks it's wrong for the King to deny JM's royal blood by giving JM to him to take care instead of being in the palace and so he wants to help JM regain his rightful throne as a way to show his loyalty to the late King. I think this twist will be opened by the King himself probably toward the end, either because JM went rebellious and became a threat to the country (He and SH became allied with Koguryo) and/or because he saw how SN and MN are much in love with each other...
Just a bit of my speculation and thoughts. There're still so many things the writer can elaborate on. I just hope for SN and MN's happy ending. They just looks so good together and I would hate for SN to become stronger only to again sacrifice for other people's sake. She deserves to love and be loved by someone… unless MN is not the intelligent and nice person he portraits atm :)

Hello All,
 I am really enjoying this drama. I did not know much about it but starting watching it on hulu plus and was  fell in love with it. I normally don't like drama over 20  plus episodes because I have been very disappointed but I have to say this one is really interesting and keeps you on your toes.
@chasen8888- is your  home language - (what a gal tief!!” , ) - the lovely island  of Jamaica - It put a smile on my face when I saw those words.  Wish I was there right now because it is cold in NY.
Will keep watching and enjoying this gem of a drama.

First of all let me just say I feel like cutting the tongue off that maid spy....SH has everyone at her disposal, they keep helping her without realising it.

I like how SN finally made a resolution to be at her best and was presented to the king who seemed mighty impressed.

Next week from the preview that gal tief like some call her will be dressed in maid attire....wish she'd remain in it.

My hatred for her just keeps growing and that's saying a lot since I normally never hate a person.

The minions ajushi even ask SN to give up everything and live with them instead of being sent away as an hostage.

Dorim asked SN not to show anyone her tattoo given by her mother.

Even JM gave her dried persimmon or perhaps sweet when he noticed she looked upset...then cheered her up. That was touching wish they could develop some sort of sibling relationship.

i can't understand Dorim...i don't trust her...what game is she playing?i think SN  won't trust the prince so much...for him won't be easy to have her trust...i  have the feeling the more he will love her  will be   harder for  him to get close with her...our girl changed...i have the feeling  she will hurt him too

Well in this episode, i just felt my anger unleashed ! SH is such little b.tch ! What ?! She already considers her double like a dead girl ! I really hope that in th end, she will suffer a lot and not some shallow moral suffering ! An agonising non ending suffering ! She really is shallow in everything ! Where is the kindness of heart for someone who will take the hurt for her ?!  B.tch !

Well there was two great and heart-breaking point today !!!
- it was poetic (and candidely sensual) how MN marked SN in hurt and blood...and became his master. It looked like he was engraving himself on her, right ?! Dorim did tell him to put the mark on her for her to listen to him (to belong to him, don't you think)... Holala, i have my way with overthinking everything ^^;
-The second one was the meeting with the king. SN really have the same figure than her mother.

ps: The version of the Jeongeupsa interpreted by Seo Hyun Jin was very nice too.

Archived