[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betty59 said: @carmolita you have good taste, and I too saw the similarity.  @Araminta Jou... If you'd like to watch La Femme Nikita, watch the French movie, called 'Nikita'  Anything else, in my opinion, isn't a patch on it.  I first saw 'Nikita' the early 1990s and watched recently  I watched a couple of the US episodes, but got bored. Didn't know there was an Australian version.  If you want to see the movie in French with English subs, I use Primewire to stream/download. Not sure about other regions because I am in Region 2.  If you then get a taste for French movies, try 'Leon, the Professional', reputed to be an expansion of 'Nikita' and made by the same director Luc Besson. 

Key: Soo Baek Hyang -SBH, Crown Prince- MN, Seolnan- SN, Seolhi- SH, Grand Marshal -GM, Jinmu -JM,  fake name for  SH  SH/ “SBH”  or “SBH”, Toldae – TLD, Manggu – MGG, BI Moon –BM (spy unit), SL – Soup Lady/Yo Uki, Khobak – KBK, Kucheon –KC, Chae Hwa – CH, Training Chief – TC, Do Rim - DR.

Hello fellow watchers for today’s episode we have a twister which makes this show so much fun.  Recap

Episode 38

We have a very pissed SN entering the room, draping up MN and growling at him that this time she really killed someone.  MN smiled, removed her hand, welcomed her to BM and introduced SN to DR asking her if SN would do in granting his favour.  That is when SN turned and noticed DR, DR stood up & took a good look at SN saying that her eyes looked good.  MN says that he is not asking if her eyes looked good and instructs DR to teach SN.   Later DR dresses SN’s wounds saying that it’s a good thing that the wound is not deep, she is asking SN questions who is responding as well as what is SN’s relationship with MN, SN could not come up with a proper answer, DR says that SN reminds her of her in the past and dismisses her.  DR thinks about her past with the previous king and how he behaves when he lost, think she wants to make up for the past with the present king through SN.

SN leaves and went straight to MN hurtling her hurt to him, MN responds to that with a laugh, she leaves telling him that she will never be fooled by him again. SN goes to her camp upset but silent, TLD/MGG sees her clothes and asks her what happened with MN.  SN did not respond turns her back to them, going to bed upset the guys make assumption that MN did something bad to her of an intimate nature.  MN got the news of SN's kills by KBK, he is proud of her.  The next day when TLD saw SL he told her about SN/MN, she got very upset on SN’s behalf and decides to get revenge for SN.  The revenge was that SL put something in MN’s meal; however he was working & ignored it.  MN told KBK to remove the food; KBK had the meal but got an upset stomach afterwards.  SL meets SN, gives her advice & told her that she got revenge for her, they talk and eat.

The TC meets DR who talks to him about SN, it seems that he is allergic to flowers/plants.  She instructs that SN be brought to her, she is worried if SN would do well but the TC is confident in SN saying she was taught by him.  TC leaves DR quarters spots SH’s personal maid and they acknowledge each other with a nod of the head (so SH’s personal maid is BM), he leaves. TC meets SN giving her a new assignment which is to learn under DR.

The king is GM thinking, he recalls his last conversation with both MN & GM, MN tries to convince the king not to go to Koguryo.  The councilors are discussing the issue, GM meets them and informs them that the king has decided to send “SBH” as a hostage; they are to make preparations to that effect, they discuss it some more.  News has spread through the palace as to the king’s decision, it reaches JM who meets SH on the issue as she thought the king earlier decided not to send her, and she goes to meet the king.  He told her of the king’s decision.  The councilors' wives are talking & laughing about it, they are pleased, however, SH sees them and they shut up.  SH asks what they found was funny, she leaves them with a warning/threat.  

The GM meets MN to discuss the king; GM voices his concerns, MN tells GM not to worry & of his plans not to have “SBH” go as a hostage.  SN meets DR they talk a bit , she shows SN a mirror asking what does she see, SN says herself, DR says no its more than that she explains more, tells her to take a closer look and calls her SBH.  SN training has begun, show ends with MN narrating his plans to GM to have SN be SBH (twister – its’ the real SBH going as a hostage who so happens to be the spy) and that is how he is going to protect both with SN looking at herself in the mirror.  Preview shows SN in training and MN being affected by it.

The interesting thing about this is what could/would happen if GM sees SN being SBH when he knows in his gut as to her true identity, the ramifications of this reveal at this point would be huge.  So it’s unlikely that he would know now.

Guest blueivy

So I take it Dirim is aware the SN is the real SBH... I wonder how when she did not see the birthmark while doing the dressing. The birth mark is on the left side and dressing was done on the right side

@blueivy   very good question i was thinking the samething do Dirim even tell the king or the crown prince of the real sbh,  or she is just going to let her go. I still think they need to send the fake one she is taking over somebody else life just to wear pretty clothes and trinkets to selfish What she thought Oh i get to  dress pretty everyday and that's it read a few books. I'm liking this one more and more    

Terrible link today ....was only able to watch both girls dancing at the end of the episode. I don't think Dorim knows SN is the right princess right now like some people have been wondering if she knows. I want someone to find out soon perhaps GM.

Guest blueivy

So SH is going to fall for the crown prince... I cannot see how this relationship will work as it would screw up the kings plan. Remembered her separate the boys for their safety and kept it away from the public. I'm sure he doesn't want to open up a can of worms

First, Dorim DON'T KNOW that SN is the real SBH. She is tasked by MN to make a replica of the princess SBS. The substitute of SH is SN by mere coincidence, that's all (this is the plan of MN to use SN). That's why SN had to study the art of being a woman (just look how different she is of a feminine woman as SH). When Dorim tells her that she is seeing the princess SBH in the mirror, it's to explain that she is going to make SN on the princess.

SN is a real tomboy, even worse, none of her companions ever bothered her ! In this episode, the two ex-bandits explains to her how they just cannot feel that she is a woman, lol (this is when they are all talking about their assigment. She was perplexed that hers was to become a woman, no one else felt like it was a useless task).

In the preview, we have a glimpse of a dangerous situation: SN and SH may meet very soon !!! Well, SN may doubt in first that SH is her sister (just look how the aunty looks like her Komak's mother) ^^

Our Crown Prince Is Playing Hard To Get But He Was Bother By That Touch. The Way He Behold Her With His Eyes. IF He Can't Sense That He's Not A Man. lol  He's Trying So Hard To Remain Nonchalant. The Fake Princess Dance Is More Graceful Then The Real One. They Both Have The Same Dress.  SN She Believe That She's A Princess I Guess IF She Don't Believe It Nobody Else Will. Let Her Enjoy Her Limelight  . I'm Still Trying Guess When She Changed Her Clothes This Time Did She See The Birthmark. 
Tomorrow  Preview   The Real Princess Will Have A Duel With The Crown Prince.
Question Is She Really Going  

Guest blueivy

One thing with MN is that he does not disclose his plan. He asked Dorim for a Gabor to trained SH into a dazzling woman. Yes, if Dorim can read the prince mind sure she could figure out he's going to used her in place of the fake princess who is acting as the real one. After Dorim mentioned the name SBH to SH there's a flash back scene in the bath tube with her mom when her mom was explaining the meaning of the name to her

Guest blueivy

@ valsava,

I too have this nagging feeling too that she's not going to go. Marshal hae is feeling so guilty in his heart. He suspected that SH is the true princess. I would love to know what he said to the king today after talking to MH

I share the same feeling but i do hope that SN will be sent to Gokuryeo (without meeting SH, too closely). I'm sure that SH will betray Baekje (half manipulated, half consenting with JM) after her insecurity raised (meeting with SN). We are still on the edge and i don't dislike the feeling (i hope we'll stay like this some time again).

I understand how you feel
but I can't accept this.
I met the one for me years ago.
Yonggu.
Such big shoulders and arms.
The bandits killed him.
We wanted to raise hogs and chickens together.
You still haven't gotten over him?
How can I?
It was meant to be.
I'm not ready to accept...
This isn't intended to make you forget him

omg his face when she talked about Yonggu ...I met the one for me years ago.Yonggu.Such big shoulders and arms...i can't wait to see him jealous on her not being able to forget Yonggu and all the men around her...

I just re-watched  episode 38 this scene was really funny were was going and what was she trying to do with those fake boobs. The Crown Prince look at her, he had a look on his face that said did she get breast implants or what nobody really paid attention.  When was in the dorm with all those men and tried to join in on the conversation they told her to go to bed. still lmao   

Archived