[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

How many episodes is this drama suppose to have? Also I am hoping they do not drag the secrets for too long since I cannot help but fast forward every scene with SH, KING, and JM. Yes that's a lot of fast forwarding. Seriously craving a romantic angle.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

andy78 said: i read again an older article ...so

During Seolnan’s intense training as a spy, Myeong Nong will watch her closely.  Myeong Nong does not realize that slowly Seolnan has entered his heart.  At first, Myeong Nong is unaware that he is falling in love, but when he could no longer deny his feelings, he treats her more harshly.

However, secrets cannot be kept for long, and soon Myeong Nong finds out that Seolnan is the real daughter of King Muryeong.  Myeong Nong curses their entangled fate...(http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/kings-daughter-crown-prince-myeong-nong-the-spymaster/)

I aready feel so sad for them...when he could no longer deny his feelings, he treats her more harshly?Poor SN!!!

@Jouana   i don't look for that to happen I really feel she should be killed sorry to sound so harsh.  My opinion regardless how nice her sista is she is going to make her life living hell just for her selfish reason  If she finds out her father is alive she would kill him. No i take that back don't kill her make her a maid with the worse job in the palace. I'm new to this thread will watch over the weekend to get caught up iv'e only read the comments posted.  Also thanks for the information  

what?DORIM was the woman king 's father loved???She was the one who betrayed him or everything was a plan  they said  she is a traitor to go undercover and be a  spy??????i wish i could understand the king words...Dorim is still alive...

Unexpected, indeed... The preview from yesterday came as a surprise. I was thinking: that may be a trick (for hide better Dorim and her true fonction)! But no ! And there, we cannot even be sure of her sincerity (in the ep 26 preview, she gives something to the king and asks him to believe in her because she is truly a Baekge's person now...She is very good but SN's instructor did warn about it: no sign of lying for her...A complete deception or some sincerity ?). Let's wait and watch her. SN is passing her final trial (in Gokuryeo ?)...

But wow !!! We were at one million of years in predictions, lol ! Never imagined that we'll have much more secrets, betrayal, hurt and love...I knew i was right to love this drama above the others ! Reminds me of Queen Seonduk when we got a glimpse of Michil's youth and first love.

Now, things are going serious in everything ! The 35th episode may be marked as transitional.

ps: 100 episodes only ? I've read somewhere above 100 (and hope almost 140 like Gu Am Heo Joon)...

Hello fellow watchers,

Today’s episode was about the story of Do Rim which was told from three different storytellers – the king, JM and the training chief to 3 sets of persons.  It also has opened the new arc of the show which is team SN first mission as BM spies in Koguryo.  From a personal front I’m a teensy bit conflicted as my favorite go to k-drama is Jumong (81 episodes) the father of Koguryo yet as proven later in history the relationship between the 2 countries deteriorated ending in the destruction of Baekjae in the future by Koguryo’s and Shilla.

Key: Soo Baek Hyang -SBH, Crown Prince- MN, Seolnan- SN, Seolhi- SH, Grand Marshal -GM, Jinmu -JM,  fake name for  SH  SH/ “SBH”  or “SBH”, Toldae – TLD, Manggu – MGG, BI Moon –BM (spy unit), SL – Soup Lady/Yo Uki, Khobak – KBK, Kucheon –KC, Chae Hwa – CH. Training Chief – TC.

Episode 35

Starts with the latter scenes from episode 34 for both SN and SH.  There is news as to Koguryo’s  aggressive movements to Baekjae, the councilors talk amongst themselves on the matter, JM’s aide as usual is being rude about the king.  TLD and SL meet, TLD is dressed in military gear and they are talking about what is happening, he is concerned about their relationship, they fuss a bit and he tries to hug her.  However, SL hears a noise and sees the military moving about, they closed the gates, it seems that all are on the alert.  The king and councilors are assembled discussing what should be done by Baekjae as a response. The councilors are advising the king giving different opinions as to what he should do next, discussion getting heated. The king listens to what they have to say, SH hears about what is happening from her personal maid, it appears that she is concerned as for the king, MN and wants to help them. SH meets the queen to discuss the matter; however the queen’s attitude is that all will be fine (which explains why she is likely to lose to SH in the future in terms of power). SH goes to the library to get some information but it’s not there, she goes to see JM who was somewhat asleep at the time.  JM cleans up and listens to SH ‘s query on a bit of history Baekjae, Koguryo. JM is about to tell her about the king’s father who was a king at the time & Do Rim.

About the same time the BM spy trainees are assembled to be told the same story by the TC as to Do Rim’s first visit to Baekjae’s palace, her game of Baduk/Go (this game along with Shoji and Chess has a very long history but they are all board strategic games which is still played all over the world, used in planning of wars, assessing the opponent/enemy next moves etc.) with the king which was a risk that should she lose the game her life was forfeit.  Do Rim was that time a monk student, the king’s father liked her as she was a good player etc.  Later the king’s father died at the enemy’s hands the person who caused this was Do Rim. The king is looking at his father’s portrait and is remembering the past MN is watching him, the TC is stating why the king hates the name ‘Do Rim’ which has serious consequences. 

All are at the assembly with the councilors arguing their points; the king interrupts and states his decision which is that there will not be a fight between Baekjae & Koguryo most are surprised by this decision.   There are talks with the councilors on the king’s choice, MN meets the king & asks him about it, the king’s response was that its’ not the right time to attack & the subsequent negative possibilities if they are not careful. The king mentions Do Rim and the influence that she has in her say so with what is happening which will result in the king making a move, he mentions his father’s words when it came to Do Rim. It’s the king’s turn to tell the story about Do Rim to MN, her betrayal of his father, the fact that she was spy, his father’s death etc. He tells MN that Do Rim is a woman, not a man.  JM has finished telling the story to SH they exchange a few words and she leaves deep in thought, JM says something to himself about SH.  The TC also concludes his story and gave some advice/warning to the trainees using Do Rim as the example for talking, lying and the role of a spy, GM comes to the flower house, calls the head florist who is giving instructions to a court lady she turns her head it is Do Rim who greets him.  The king narrates his father’s words during this time with the past when they were playing Baduk & he as a child is watching the game says that his father always loses. It ends with the king calling for Do Rim.  Preview of king calling Do Rim to service for Baekjae, MN doing the same for BM – its infiltration time.

Until next episode.

So far, i'm liking to this drama..
Solnan really rocking the world right now but i'm sure she definitely will get hurt physically and emotionally in the future!

Btw, does anyone knows the ending song for this drama? This song is so good and suits the drama the best!!  It's really addicting!!

Continued...

tumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o2_r1_250.giftumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o3_r1_250.giftumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o1_250.gif
tumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o4_r1_250.giftumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o5_r1_250.giftumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o7_r1_250.giftumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o10_r1_250.giftumblr_mwgan5yMBs1s986s4o9_r2_250.gif

Crown Prince play along with the so called crazy Solnan.

CP                         : Wife.

Solnan                   *huhhhh*

Bodyguard Kang Bok         *what is your highness thinking right now*

CP                         : Darling, I’ve got your chicken.

Solnan                   : Yeah? Chicken For me?

Bodyguard kang Bok          *cough* i didn’t expect this *cough*

CP                         : Sure. Wait, I left it in town. Let me up. I’ll get it. 

Solnan                   *long pause*. Liar. That’s what you said last time.

Bodyguard Kang Bok         *cough* your highness has been played by the crazy  girl

HAHAHAHAHA….epic fail....

Archived