[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

True, this is this bad guy who is misleading him but he is just doing what he thinks is right. In the episode 40, he makes us realise how attached is he to JM! That he sweared to himself that he will never abandon him, even if he is the only person on his side.
Let's be real, taking revenge on your parents' death is the moral duty of the child. Moreover, the parent is a father (chief of the clan, king there) and the child a man, so the rule is more than important. This marshal is stubborn and hates king Muryong from his marshal years, he can't help but thinks hat Muryeong killed his king (was the instigator). And he will still try to push JM again and again in this path. In the end, this marshal is fighting the crown prince whose he sweared to protect and pushing a son to hate his own father.

@Blueivy
He's the one that cause JM to killed Chae Hwa.

I don't think so. Poor JM, his biography is all wrong and he don't even know how his story is false, so his vengeance was cruel but even if he was in his right, it was wrong. And JM is responsible. Personnaly, i don't hate him for it but frankly, i can't deny the truth, CW's death is on him.

And this is why this drama is so great ! No one can get out completely clean from this mess ! SN already killed and bloodied her hands. MN is responsible for it: just like his real father did to king Muryeong, he is sending SN to dangerous places again and again... I guess she really may depart for Gokuryeo and be detained during the negociations...

Finaly, what i think is great is that SH already made some mistakes (about her age in front of her maid who is a spy) and the discovery about SN birtmark and her knowledge of the SBH legend (which is unknow of SH).
Plus, MN did send spies to investigate her mother's death in the old neighborhood of the "princess": don't you think that SH  is to be reminded like the exceptionnaly beautiful younger daughter of Kuchon the mute ?!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we already know that they will love each other very much...i think he will miss her  more and more ...his punishment will be to know that he can't protect her ...that he made her like that ...she is changing more and more ...she will become the best so the CP will always need her...she will not be  like DORIM ...she will never betray her prince and country

Our CP and SN the real princess are having those feelings if she go he will surely miss her i think he will stay in contact with her personally.  Wow they even daydreaming about each other and the fight scene was awesome. I said he will behold her with his eyes and in his heart. I don't think she will stay in kogoro for to long.
                                   From Me To All Of You  
                                   Happy Thanksgivings   

Guest rhainesu123

It's so difficult to butt in 'coz some are already discussing about eps. 39/40 while I've just been to ep. 38. I tried cheating by taking a peek at the recap of @chasen8888, but I took a hold of myself and just read the 1st paragraph. I will go back and read the whole recap after I watched the sub ep....swear 8-| Frankly speaking, I want to see more and more scenes of SN and the CP. I think their chemistry is so good although at first I could not imagine that it will be so. The ones I like so far was when the CP bandaged SN's wound while she was practicing shooting, when the CP "saved" her from getting hurt on their way to the market, and when SN came back from her first killing spree and the CP saw blood on her....I think he just controlled himself in showing too much concern but he did wait for her outside...... :x And before that....when the CP gave SN the knife and her tears fell profusely.....my tears fell likewise as I could feel SN's pain of betrayal :(( ......this is the 2nd time he placed her in real danger.....the 1st was when he asked her to get rice from the farmers (bandit). If I were SN, I will not talk to him or mind him for a loooong, loooong time...... I hope the CP will get his due in causing SN too much pain.....but still, I want to see more of the two of them :-*

Key: Soo Baek Hyang -SBH, Crown Prince- MN, Seolnan- SN, Seolhi- SH, Grand Marshal -GM, Jinmu -JM,  fake name for  SH  SH/ “SBH”  or “SBH”, Toldae – TLD, Manggu – MGG, BI Moon –BM (spy unit), SL – Soup Lady/Yo Uki, Khobak – KBK, Kucheon –KC, Chae Hwa – CH, Training Chief – TC, Do Rim - DR.

Streaming was beyond horrible today, even the link did not work well. Today’s recap.

Episode 40

The show starts with the men MN/JM watching SN/SH dance and being affected by their performance.  MN is talking to KBK saying that it was SN and it was just strange (yeh, he’s feeling her alright), SN is thinking about MN (her feelings for him) which she mentions to TLD/MGG being strange.  JM is telling SH to rest after her performance etc. he leaves.  Its SL/TLD couple time, MGG closes the door on them, TLD comes later he and MGG talk which was a bit weird.  SL talk to MGG which is a bit funny as it relates to TLD.    Its’ lesson time with SN & TLD, she talks to him about his feelings for SL etc.

SN is at the solarium thinking, she meets DR, they talk about the name SBH, SN tells DR the true meaning of the name.  DR asks SN how is it that SN knows the true meaning of the name when her mother was from Gaya, SN says she does not know.  During her narration there werre scenes of all four was shown in a daily life with the king holding court.  DR mentions that the princess name is SBH etc, SN says something, JM is thinking about SH, his aide starts to scold him JM responds to him in a bit melancholy manner.  His aide thoughts are about the former king, he feels sad for JM.  MN meets SH, they talk about her being hostage for Koguryo and he being instrumental in making it happen, mentions her worries. MN tries to calm her fears, telling her that someone is going in her place.  The king meets the councilors in their office, talks about preparations for SBH departure, as to when to fight or not etc his reasons for doing what he did it should also be kept secret, the king is talking to GM about what MN is doing that he has to meet him, the king has a funny moment with GM they laugh and he leaves.  

SN is still thinking about MN her feelings for him which is being observed by DR.  DR suggests that they get some air, SN is practicing with the sword, she smiles a bit, DR asks MN to be her fighting partner he agrees.  SN and MN are sparring, MN is doing very well (it’s like a courtship/dance between them in the sparring), SN almost falls on a rock but MN holds her up, they continue to spar with SN learning got to a point that she cut his hand.  SN got in a tizzy about it, wraps his wound with the handkerchief he gave her from the past, she worries about it. DR has now confirmed her suspicions on SN/MN relationship in terms of feelings.  MN realizes that SN has wrapped his wound with his handkerchief, he later went back to the training field and is removing the stones, SN observes him and smiles.  SN later meets DR who warns her about revealing her feelings for MN & not to do so i.e. being so open with her expressions/heart etc that no one should know about it saying that she could die if she does so.  Ends with MN working & thinking about SN with a smile.  Preview with SN talking about JM to DR, the king wanting to meet the fake SBH, JM mentions to SH how is it that SH does not know the true meaning of her name, SH realizes that SN knows that truth of that name, DR sees SN’s birthmark and mentions it to her.

Until next episode, take care.

Speculation:  I think our CP knows many things:  

he knows Muryeong is not his real dadhe knows Jinmu is Muryeong's real sonhe knows Dorim is his momHe knows Seolnan is the real SBH, therefore Solhee is fake.  but he will still send Seolnan to Koguryo as SBH and spy.
Explanation here:  http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/kings-daughter-speculation-myeong-nong-knows-seolnan-is-the-real-soo-baek-hyang/
Enjoy!

blueivy said: There are two side to every story..... Something was a mist to me so I re watched ep 38 when Dorim was talking to the spy trainer...... She asked him to send SN to him and he asked her why. She gave him this look. Then the next question was..... Is the other doing ok... He says the other....! The other yeah....when he went outside he saw saw the princess maid ..... He looked at her.. Very well indeed.... So Dorim knows that the fake princess is not the right one and SN is the true princess..... My question is who Dorim is working for. It was SN who let Dorim knows that her little sister is alive..... When Dorim mentioned to her that her entire family is deceased..... I take the glass incident as a way of Dorim analyzing SN true intentions. I doubt the King and CP is aware...... May have to do with Marshal Hae.... Another thing. That just occur too me is that the person to over see JM just realized that the boys were switched

@prissymom

Personnaly, i'm pretty sure that besides Marshal Hae (and later Dorim and the maid will be important in this), no one is suspiscious. But i think that your speculations will be the key to their realisation of the truth (the trail left).

---

So SN birthmark is a tattoo !!! CH did well...

Guest rhainesu123

@prissymom - it was an awesome analysis! You really looked at different angles to come up with logical explanations about the relationships of the main cast. It makes me a little ashamed of myself since I mostly watch dramas just for their pure entertainment value. I should change a bit and learn from you...... ;)) But at the moment, all I can say is, regardless of their affinity I wish that the CP and SN can be together in the end. Although it is difficult to imagine how this could happen, I hope the writers make it happen. This drama is not really true to history, right? So anything is possible...... :-*

Omona...the king heard SN saying how pitiful his life was and he had tears on his eyes

Dorim stopped him from meeting her stating SN wasn't ready yet.....

Dorim asked MN to give SN binmoo tattoo....

SN and JM felt a sort of kinship when they met both left an impression....

Our MN was jealous seeing her smile with JM

Dorim is unto SN's identity she wonders why her mother gave her the mark and also why she told her the meaning....

Looks like SH is going to give herself the mark as well....she sent her maid to the green house asking to meet SN

It was a great episode and everything is advancing nicely !!!
Dorim is harsh ! She is pushing the responsability of making SN a Bi Moon spy to the crowned prince. She have a great insight, so why is she doing all this things and not saying anything ?!

And how touching and nice was the meeting between JM and SN. Strangely, JM will be the one losing the most in not knowing about SN. Because she is his only sister, she may have been his only may to salvation if he knew everything...

And what is great : the humour of this serie ! I loved how farty was imagining his life in the new house ^^ : with his two brothers (including SN ), playing and eating ! He is too cute with a sweet and innocent mind (yesterday he was on the same track saying that he was going live and die with his hyongnim...). Well i'm glad that SN found two hyungnim (not orabunim but hyung).

Archived