[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

@blueivy.......  I'm thinking they talk about sending a decoy princess. If she do go i believe that's were she would learn who she is. She would then start to wonder who is faking being her. Maybe that's when the king will learn of the fake princess 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i notice in episode 37 some of yall were really hard on the c prince for sending her out like that. He's giving her a taste of the world first,  The deception.  She has to learn how to deal with being deceived, There are so many different emotion to express in any giving situation such as mad as  H e l l  but in a different country she would have to look happy about the situation.
So in order for her to survive he did the right thing give her a knife and throw her to the wolves if she want to live she will kill. It's the law of the nature, it's the law of the land also the law of the world it applies to any living and breathing being.  

Key: Soo Baek Hyang -SBH, Crown Prince- MN, Seolnan- SN, Seolhi- SH, Grand Marshal -GM, Jinmu -JM,  fake name for  SH  SH/ “SBH”  or “SBH”, Toldae – TLD, Manggu – MGG, BI Moon –BM (spy unit), SL – Soup Lady/Yo Uki, Khobak – KBK, Kucheon –KC, Chae Hwa – CH, Training Chief – TC, Do Rim - DR.

So far this show is getting better, hope they keep it up.  Episode 37 subbed is out so you can watch at your favorite sites.  I do so enjoy reading all your thoughts on this show, its so much fun & insightful.  On with the recap.

Episode 39

The episode starts with DR calling SN princess SBH and MN telling GM his plans to switch the princess.  I do not think that DR knows that SN is SBH, but what she is doing is enforcing that thought into SN’s head as to the role that she must play and that is of a princess.  One way of doing this is to convince the person of being that other person so SN’s training as princess SBH has begun.  Unknowingly they are sending the real princess into Koguryo’s den to spy for Baekje.

SN does not think of herself as a princess, DR says that SN joined BM to find her sister then tells her what she needs to do and a bit about her past (thoughts etc.).  MN tells GM he was looking for someone like ‘SN’ to be like/taught by DR for a while now and he found that person in SN (name not given to GM).  SN asks DR what she needs to do, DR advises her to first she must be like a woman, SN questions that, DR starts her lessons and what she must do.  She says that SN needs to be womanlike, SN is thinking of DR’s words at camp she talks to TLD/MGG as to where will they be going etc. They laugh etc. at SN’s words of being ladylike as they do not think that she is capable of being one (funny scene) which as usual resulted in MGG paying the price – black eye. SN thinks about the words SBH from both DR and her mother, the meaning behind the name, she smiles at the memory.  SH is thinking about JM’s words sending the princess to be Koguryo’s hostage, MN visits her and gives her a gift she is happy to get the gift.  MN is asking her do something for the king (planning starts for MN’s perspective), she decides to see the queen on her way she thinks that she sees SL.  Mentions it’s the 2nd time she is seeing someone familiar, meets JM on her way they talk, he warns her about MN they go their separate ways.

SH meets the queen and talks to her about how to do the dance.  The queen does not know how, but the personal maid does and agrees to teach her.  GM and JM’s aide talk about SBH case, GM is being somewhat evasive in his talk he leaves the aide.  GM talks to the king about MN’s plan to switch the princess who is being taught by DR.  SN goes to meet DR in her place; they talk a bit with DR advice to her to how to be truly feminine/woman etc.  They start with the tea, more lessons etc and making men notice her, SN wonders how is that done.  She is trying her lessons at camp which is a bit funny as it does not work.  Another lesson with SN asking DR a lot of questions about being a woman, DR scolds her saying she asks a lot of questions, SN tones down a bit. SN is now getting ‘boobs’ from DR its funny and then she is walking around with them acting weird as MN, TC are talking he stops at her greeting, talks a bit and she leaves MN wonders if anything is wrong with her, TC responded to that. Another lesson from DR has to do with being ladylike – lets’ just say that DR lessons in teaching SN how to be a woman and she putting them in practice are funny for most of this episode especially with MN & the rest of the guys. SN is seen as one of the guys which has backfired in her attempts to be ladylike - it does not wash when they know her.

SN is depressed saying what she has been taught so far is not working, DR is giving her another lesson I think it’s the dance that both she and SH will be taught both of them got the dancing outfit from different persons.  They both like it and about to start their lessons etc.  The king is secretly observing SH lessons, she is being sincere to the queen’s personal maid, he talks fondly of her.  SN starts her lessons with DR at the same time SH is practicing the moves they show the differences of the girls in that SN moves are a bit awkward while SH are elegant/fluid as well as SH thoughts to the king & MN – she wants to be accepted.  JM comes in while she is dancing, he is affected, and she falls in his arms, SH wants to know what he is doing there he answers and leaves.  However, the door is slightly ajar JM secretly watches her dance.  Meanwhile SN is also practicing, MN sees her it appears that he is affected by her dance.  The show ends with both men affected by seeing the women’s dance.  Preview – SH/JM talks and SN/MN sword fighting.  

Yorobun, Ep 38 is already subbed.. :)

Woww, so many awesome and insightful post!

This drama is getting more and more interesting... Some people questioned will SN goes as the princess to Korgyo? I think YES... She will go there in disguised as SBH princess and as Peakshe spy.. CP has already said he will do anything and everything in order to  protect the king and the princess. So, SN will be going to Korgyo. And this is my guess and prediction for the next episode;

1. SN will never encounter SH in the palace during this time of period.. As both of them busy with the training and dancing stuff.. They will meet in the mid of this drama like when something happens and the top secret has been exposed..lol
2. JM will be falling in love with SH. And i guess maybe SH too since they both spend so much time together..
3. CP is CP.. We all know he's in denial right now towards his feeling for SN..lol...

Awesome episode MN asked his bodyguard at the beginning after watching SN dancing 'That was SN for sure right?'

The king said he wants to meet SN the girl that will be going to Goguryeo in SH's place.

The sword fight scene was amazing.

Dorim warned her about giving her heart to anyone...hmm and our crown prince has started developing feeling for her.

The preview showed that Dorim sees the birthmark on SN's back.

And also the king is on his way to meet SN

Looks like JM will meet SN for the first time tomorrow in the green house with MN standing behind JM watching their interaction with envy.

Tomorrow will be action packed with lots happening.

Guest blueivy

So it was the CP who leaked the information that the only person the king love more that life itself is the princess and that's why he has to protect them know. The only problem with his plan unknowingly to him he's sending the real princess no fault as his own....

Guest blueivy

@ andy78 said

I only saw their duel + the preview...omg DORIM saw the birthmark

OMG..... That's why she had such a demeanour when she was calling her "SBH".....I knew it.... Well all I can say if she Dorim is a traitor she got the ACE up her sleeves...

Guest blueivy

@ NewKDramaAddict

What I suggested is the actual fact base on the conversation between Marshal hae and the cp. Marshal hae came out and asked him point blank and he admitted it...

Guest blueivy

There are two side to every story..... Something was a mist to me so I re watched ep 38 when Dorim was talking to the spy trainer...... She asked him to send SN to him and he asked her why. She gave him this look. Then the next question was..... Is the other doing ok... He says the other....! The other yeah....when he went outside he saw saw the princess maid ..... He looked at her.. Very well indeed.... So Dorim knows that the fake princess is not the right one and SN is the true princess..... My question is who Dorim is working for.

It was SN who let Dorim knows that her little sister is alive..... When Dorim mentioned to her that her entire family is deceased.....

I take the glass incident as a way of Dorim analyzing SN true intentions.

I doubt the King and CP is aware...... May have to do with Marshal Hae....

Another thing. That just occur too me is that the person to over see JM just realized that the boys were switched

blueivy said: There are two side to every story..... Something was a mist to me so I re watched ep 38 when Dorim was talking to the spy trainer...... She asked him to send SN to him and he asked her why. She gave him this look. Then the next question was..... Is the other doing ok... He says the other....! The other yeah....when he went outside he saw saw the princess maid ..... He looked at her.. Very well indeed.... So Dorim knows that the fake princess is not the right one and SN is the true princess..... My question is who Dorim is working for. It was SN who let Dorim knows that her little sister is alive..... When Dorim mentioned to her that her entire family is deceased..... I take the glass incident as a way of Dorim analyzing SN true intentions. I doubt the King and CP is aware...... May have to do with Marshal Hae.... Another thing. That just occur too me is that the person to over see JM just realized that the boys were switched

Guest blueivy

Yeah, can't remember his name but it was the Marshal who was given the responsibility to care for him.....the one who is leading him down a path of distractions.....

Guest blueivy

NewKDramaAddict said

I'll have to re-watch that convo. I do know once he heard that Dorim was a woman, he wanted his own Dorim.

It ep 38 while the crown prince was in the library talking to grand marshal about his plans

Guest blueivy

andy78 said

so that's why is leading him down a path of distractions???because realised the truth?

Well he just found out the truth now... He had a flashback to when the king was handing him JM... He's the one that cause JM to killed Chae Hwa. He thought JM is the rightful heir and that the previous king was is real dad

I should have said destructions and distractions.... My phone automatically changes the words I typed.

Archived