[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1

Love that little spartace moment. Other than that, there weren't many SA interactions. I thought JH looked sad when they showed Haha and the rest of them  the video of JK and KS having the sweet potatoes in the cold.

I was glad to see KookSoo after long! Glad JK had KS as company for his penalties since JK genuinely enjoys having KS around him.

Watching this episode, feel anybody who comes in will have a hard time fitting in coz the bond the members share amongst themselves is so special where they don't even need to say anything to read the other person's mind. The members are all getting older and not as athletic as before. Depends on where they want to take the show. If it is going to remain an athletic format, think Minho or Yong Hwa will be a good choice.

I think I was being too insecure about JH. I don't think I should feel this worried about her screen time in case another female member is added in. Having another female member as her rival can make JH more assertive as well. One of the things RM has not done consistently is to project JH as the ACE a strong female guest needs to defeat. JK, on the other hand, has always had to bear the burden of being the guy a strong male guest would want to battle and defeat which means that he has had to compete regularly and assert himself more. Because JH down the years was reduced to her Monday GF character, other than in a few memorable episodes like the SOS Race or episode 266 where JH fought with Hong Jin Young or the Angel Eyes episode or the battle with Ryu Hyun Kyung, JH was never presented consistently as the girl to beat. However, if you think about it, JH's guesting on F.O was with beating Hyori who was then the top dog on the show. It is a character that she needn't shy away from. What I feel is that it is a good way to get focus and screen time . For instance, on Welcome Show, Kim Sejeong was built up into this girl strong female guests on the show had to beat which helped her get a lot of attention. On F.O., Hyori often played that role. On RM, JH has instead tried to be the helpful unnie who helps the female guests adjust to the format and RM has rarely tried to highlight JH's one-on-one fights with strong female guests. One of the consequences of it has been that JH has always had to measure herself in terms of her male teammates' athletic strength and that is quite an unfair comparison. There has been then criticism about how JH always wins since the men let her since she is a woman or that they let her stay till the end in the games coz they don't see her as a threat. That is why I think having a strong female rival on the show (if there is an addition to the cast) need not be a bad idea. If there aren't any additions of that kind, I would want her one-on-one fights with strong female guests to get focus (sometimes I feel JH holds herself back coz she doesn't want to come across as too competitive which she needn't do). RM has tried to present JH as strong by showing she can beat some of the male members, but the downside of it is that when strong female guests come on the show, their strength is also judged based on them beating the male members and not JH. Till date, there have been two Avengers episodes and LKK's team both times had female members, yet they were never presented as rivals to JH which for me is a pity (it is like RM believes fights between strong women are not entertaining to watch).

Now that MC is not there, there are other directions JH's character can develop and I really hope I get to see JH in missions as well as against rivals that truly challenge her. Instead of thinking up lovelines for JH or portraying her as the sweet sister to the RM cast, present her as the girl to beat for strong female guests. That would help her shine as the ACE and the female guests who come in will also be people who will create great RM moments and not just there to be fawned over for their beauty or cuteness. Even today, JH will be able to defeat 7-8 out of 10 female guests in a one-on-one and if they make her do that consistently, it will make her character also grow on the show.

14 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

Seolhyon is one of the fakest bitches i have ever seen, never did i dislike a celebity the way i instantly disliked her, and the way she once made grimaces while SJH was talking to KG made me hate her from the bottom of my heart, that aside al the scandals with her....

Sorry for off topic but i totally agree with you. I can only remember few Korean female artirts and she is the only one I hate. So fake, so rude, so flirty and cheesy.... 

By the way, happy new year all RM team and crew and SA shippers <3 Hope you all have a great successful, lovely, healthy and lucky Rooster year.

• Like 1

Guest athoughtcloud1

The Haha-JK exchange on his insta was summarized by KJKGLOBAL.

0. HaHa mentioned that there MIGHT be a Fan Meeting/Concert in Canada area. (Forgot what he exactly said. He might be talking about the RM Bro concert.)
1. HaHa bragged about his muscles and joked about beating up KJK. KJK joked about beating him up.
2. HaHa talked about giving one of his clothes away and Seol Hyun wanted it.
3. KJK talked about giving it to a fan at the RM Fan Meeting.
4. HaHa also threatened KJK about revealing names of top actresses in the past who asked KJK out that KJK refused. KJK jokingly said that he will sue HaHa.

I don't think Haha was about the girl he is dating now.

@mary-ann I am no fan of Seol-Hyun, but much of the hate she gets is unwarranted. She had only one relationship which was outed by Dispatch without her permission. What she does with her BF is her business. JH has also had a relationship which was outed without her permission with a guy most Koreans don't even like. You can't judge somebody based on that.  I didn't think she was trying to be mean or anything with her facial expressions when JH was talking with Gary.

Guest athoughtcloud1

@myrunningman1 I think JK has won more number of times, but the one episode which I remember clearly where they had a one-on-one was episode 130 where Gary, surprisingly, won against JK in the first name-tag ripping battle. But in the 2nd name-tag ripping battle in the same episode, JK won. I think they have different skills which would have been interesting to watch in more name-tag ripping battles which if the production team wanted to, they could have made something out of. But they chose to downplay that. JK has been locked in name-tag ripping battles with Gary and JH together quite a number of times with JK even saying once that MC was his greatest rival. Even in the Strongest episode last year, surprisingly Gary got away with the least disadvantages (despite him being a really strong player) while poor JH was saddled with more disadvantages than Gary in the final name-tag ripping game (as if JH is stronger than Gary when it comes to name-tag ripping). On the other hand, they have highlighted JK-YJS name-tag ripping one-on-ones more often.

Edited by athoughtcloud1

39 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Just happened to see this while doing some casual/random surfing. Not sure which episode....i'm sure fans would know.

It s ep 40. JK did get flushed after saying that. But their moments were interrupted by Gary jealousy right after. (It was him who asked the question

58 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Watching this episode, feel anybody who comes in will have a hard time fitting in coz the bond the members share amongst themselves is so special where they don't even need to say anything to read the other person's mind. The members are all getting older and not as athletic as before. Depends on where they want to take the show. If it is going to remain an athletic format, think Minho or Yong Hwa will be a good choice.

RM has tried to present JH as strong by showing she can beat some of the male members, but the downside of it is that when strong female guests come on the show, their strength is also judged based on them beating the male members and not JH. Till date, there have been two Avengers episodes and LKK's team both times had female members, yet they were never presented as rivals to JH which for me is a pity (it is like RM believes fights between strong women are not entertaining to watch).

Agreed.  I don't mind occasionally guests being in the spotlight as long as they deserve it. I enjoyed all the guests trying hard in games - whether they are strong or not. Even as a fan of JH, I don't mind female guests being in the spotlight as long as she was actually playing the game, not scripted to win. Han Hyo Joo is the one guest I really enjoy seeing. 

If a girl shows strength in mixed gender battle, she would be praised. If men let her win, she got hate. For girl-girl battle, she would also get hate if she shows too much strength towards her weaker junior or elder senior. Therefore, unless two female are similarly strong, one would choose to hold back. Korean variety still runs a double standard. (But it does apply for man also, KJK got some ridiculous hate from the past for overpowering the guests).

Sadly, you are correct, RM love putting female in love lines more than risking portraying their true identities. Plus, if female idols come they MUST SHOW their excellent dancing skills => I got really tired of that. That is why I am so afraid the next female who come would be put in a love line with KS. One more things, people have been arguing that RM treat JH badly when cute idols/actresses come because she is a member. I can understand that, but they did that to some of the female guests as well. If some episodes have one young cute girl and one older (or not so famous) female guest, they would only hype up over the former. That makes me sad. 

How I wish RM did not go into the path to script to please guest. But they did...

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1

This was an episode with a great beginning and wonderful ending. The middle portions were a bit meh for me. While I knew Haha would rescue JH since he knows it is something she is really scared of, poor JH seemed scared out of her wits. Felt especially bad for JK and KS since they got too many penalties one after the other on one of the coldest days of the year. But then they got to throw a surprise party for Haha, so it turned out to be okay in the end. All the same, I want that next episode where the staff gift the members for all their hard work as they advertised in the end. Breaks my heart to see them having to do so many difficult missions in such extreme weather conditions.

What I loved about the episode were the concept, the member interactions and the beautiful ending. The ending especially was really sweet, funny and touching. Some of the editing was on point. The sad music when Haha takes one of the hardest decisions of his life, the captions 'smile so that tears don't fall' and then the surprise in the air with the footage of Haha's interview where he felt that his episode should have a twist and then kid Haha running away in embarrassment (just like in episode 15)! While they highlighted Haha's indecisiveness, what struck me was his saying he is a pacifist. For me, he is one of the members that binds the team together in that he has a great equation with each member of the team. That Haha is great friends with JK and Gary says a lot about how he is able to develop close equations with people with really different personalities (when you add the MC awkwardness to the mix, it is an achievement). Also, Haha is a member who is selfless in that he doesn't have a problem stepping back to let another member shine. I have also noticed that Haha knows when to step in to resolve a slightly heated situation. I was watching episode 199 recently. During one of the mini-missions with Park Ji Sung, JK is slower in his mission which is to dribble the ball between the cut outs of famous soccer players as a result of which they fail in one of their attempts. JK is usually touchy when it comes to his inconsistent soccer skills and to be fair, his mission was among the hardest in that game. So when the members criticise JK, especially JS, JK gets a bit heated up and there is an argument going on. Then Haha suddenly steps in blaming PJS for failing to get his kick right and picks a childish fight with him which helps in defusing the situation. Again,something similar occurs in episode 142. JH seems slightly out of sorts that day (she looks a bit lost in the opening and is uncharacteristically sharp in her words with Gary that day). JH has a lower threshold of pain when it comes to accupressure mats and when they have to do a long jump on the accupressure mat, complains about how it hurts her feet. JS then picks a fight with her telling her it is because she is hurting the same spots again (I sometimes get the feeling JS means something else there). JH also gets slightly heated up and the members look kind of awkward. Haha then deliberately steps on to the mat drawing attention to himself and cuts that exchange short. When JH is about to start her run up, Lee Bo Young, the female guest, who is pretty competitive and bearing the pain reasonably well, starts advising JH about how to benumb her feet before making the jump. LBY only means to help JH, but maybe it was not the right time. Haha then steps in scolding LBY for advising JH and when they create a ruckus, JK scolds both of them (it is quite surprising to see JK scold the female guest on his own team, so I guess everybody was worried about JH that day). When JH finally makes her jump, Haha encourages her shouting out 'my dream is to be more like you'. Aww! So Haha is important to the team in ways that are not as obvious. In every group, you have people like him who don't try to stand out as much as some of the more assertive members, but they are the ones who hold the team together and once they are not there, the cohesion of the team won't be like before.

Coming to this episode, if you think about it, it is not that difficult a choice for Haha between YJS and JK. JK has just got to eat some unhealthy food while YJS' mission is definitely harder (though JS isn't as scared of height these days as he used to be earlier). But then it is a hard choice for Haha to make coz it is JK, someone he is really close to in RL. You can see their closeness in how it is to JK Haha turns to find out what he should do when he is given the unenviable task of choosing between himself and the other 3 members for the bungee jumping mission. JK knows Haha will listen to him which is why he keeps on insisting that Haha should choose himself (so as to make him go up the crane for the surprise party). When Haha tears up, JK also seemed to be touched and worried about him. It was cute to see him touch Haha's ear and pull him close. I  felt so happy when JK called out 'nae dongsaeng' when Haha came out with the diaper-shaped cake (been a long while since I heard that) and then nae dongsaeng used uri hyung's shoulder to cry in relief.

I feel Haha really liked JH in the early days of RM. While there have been promotional articles about JH's words to Haha in this episode (that he used to like her) which paint it as JH being ready to say anything to get away from the bugs, I don't think JH would have said something like that in a highly stressful situation unless there was an element of truth there (I remember how JK used to push HaHyo loveline in the early days, perhaps he knew his dongsaeng's heart). And Haha then kept denying he used to like her. Think some of them did have a crush on her in the beginning. Anyway, now we have HaHyo siblinghood which is also wonderful to watch. You can see how protective Haha is of JH when he watches her video. Also, at the end when JH says 'don't worry, Haha oppa' when Haha was wondering what to decide, think poor Haha got emotional since she was being so sweet there. JH seemed to be tearing up herself when Haha started tearing up after making his difficult decision.

The episode that aired immediately after the news of RM's cancellation was the Bad Santa one which had the memorable 'how well do you know Haha' quiz and made us all feel so bad that this family had to break up like this. It is fitting that it is Haha's special which hinted at the show continuing its run when Haha told the members 'let's grow old together'. Love Haha's wit like how he announced much to everyone's shock that they should all do the bungee jump together and at an earlier point, claimed that he should have also opted for a blind date (you with a wife and about to have two kids!). Wondered whether there was a slight hint there that the blind date for JK was as hard as the bungee jump for Haha! Haha looks serious when he makes that comment. The camera then shifts to JK and JK laughs awkwardly and the captions say 'a blind date is also difficult'.

The ratings have gone up to 6.8% (+1.9%). I hope the ratings can climb steadily and RM can continue with the 6 members.

9 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Now that MC is not there, there are other directions JH's character can develop and I really hope I get to see JH in missions as well as against rivals that truly challenge her. Instead of thinking up lovelines for JH or portraying her as the sweet sister to the RM cast, present her as the girl to beat for strong female guests. That would help her shine as the ACE and the female guests who come in will also be people who will create great RM moments and not just there to be fawned over for their beauty or cuteness. Even today, JH will be able to defeat 7-8 out of 10 female guests in a one-on-one and if they make her do that consistently, it will make her character also grow on the show.

I think JH is too used to taking care of female guests coming on to the show and she doesn't feel the need to compete against them anymore. Also, the games don't excite her like before anymore(we all know why) unless Kookie is in her team or when food is involved. Imo, unless the new female member deliberately try to go against her on the show in anyway, JH will be the same her as we've seen in the past few years. However, some fans will not be able to take it positively if she is an idol or too young compared to JH and might get bash while someone around JH's age may not be able to bring enough energy to the team( we're talking a massive amount required)

3 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I feel Haha really liked JH in the early days of RM. While there have been promotional articles about JH's words to Haha in this episode (that he used to like her) which paint it as JH being ready to say anything to get away from the bugs, I don't think JH would have said something like that in a highly stressful situation unless there was an element of truth there (I remember how JK used to push HaHyo loveline in the early days, perhaps he knew his dongsaeng's heart). And Haha then kept denying he used to like her. Think some of them did have a crush on her in the beginning. Anyway, now we have HaHyo siblinghood which is also wonderful to watch. You can see how protective Haha is of JH when he watches her video. Also, at the end when JH says 'don't worry, Haha oppa' when Haha was wondering what to decide, think poor Haha got emotional since she was being so sweet there. JH seemed to be tearing up herself when Haha started tearing up after making his difficult decision.

Yeah, I agree with you that Haha might have some feelings for JH at the beginning just like Gary but I think there's some difference in how things have developed. Haha just broken up with his gf not long ago so I think at that time even though he thinks that JH is a nice girl and because he has to step down for Gary to take the monday bf role, he decided not to do anything about it. While I think Gary might have liked her a bit but then soon realise that he has to be professional for everyone's sake and JH doesn't share the same feelings and that's how they became business couple. I really enjoy watching hahyo together, you can see JH was totally comfortable of giving him bobo in ep 241.

• Like 3

The episode is so good. The member week eps are the one I can clearly see each members' true self - their laughs, concern, tears are so genuine, to the point it makes me smile when I saw them cracking up with each other, or my heart melt with touching moments.

But part of me is afraid that rating would not get back to 2 digits. Don't get me wrong, I love these eps. But I have come to the realisation that the downfall in rating happens over a really long process, and it would not simply recover in a few months.

Plus, the ep is too good for fans, but may not be enough to attract new viewers or bring back the neutral fan, there are a lot of "insider" moments that would be hard for someone who has not watched much of RM to appreciate. I usually blame the PDs, but I do feel for them a lot of time, there were many good eps even in recent gloomy years, but most of them were ignored by Korean audiences. (but maybe it is also the matter of broken trust once Korean had to endure some of heavily scripted ep).

Just want to thank you PD for giving us fan the best moments. I hope the below 10% won't bring them down. 

Haha said he was usually mischievous and somehow "pretending to be mean" towards his girlfriend (or girls he liked). He was exactly like that to JH even in the beginning (he confessed his love to everyone else though lol) , so I think he really did like JH and his confession in 333 , even jokingly, was (little) partially true. But it is just liking in the past, so I have no problems with it even when Haha is now married. And yeah, the show would be ruined if either Haha or Gary made some move in first year. 

• Like 6

Guest athoughtcloud1

The ratings have gone back to normal. The K-netz reactions from kkuljaem:

1. [+2,910, -87] Producers, you better be good to the members forever

2. [+2,087, -44] Congrats on your second child ~

3. [+1,683, -55] The last part is so touching

4. [+1,407, -73] Kookie ❤Kwang Soo, this pair is love

5. [+302, -26] Wow.. A hidden twist in a twist. I cried ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ RM and members forever ㅠㅠㅠ Knowing Haha's betrayer image, I thought he'd betray but he didn't, he remained loyal until the end.  I think he was so cool when he said he'll bungee jump alone

6. [+240, -22] In the end, those three kept slacking on the games, I was frustrated but didn't expect the twist ㅜㅜ I'm touched

7. [+198, -21] I hope Running Man will air for a long long time. Today was fun ~^^♡

8. [+210, -26] I love Running Man lately

9. [+195, -22] Haha hyung is a man of loyalty ㅋㅋ Also, congrats on your 2nd child^^

10. [+158, -11] What a touching episode.. Wishing Byul a safe delivery~~~ Congrats

11. [+175, -11] The original members are fun together.. That was very touching.. Remember each member Running Man forever!! Congrats Haha~ 

12. [+145, -12] I'm a big fan of Running Man~~ This episode made me cry. RM, fighting~ Everyone, fighting

But I I saw a comment like this  on reddit on the naver article on kkuljaem

[–]MisterNohLee Kwang-soo 4 points 5 hours ago 

To be honest, the ratings will never go back up. I just scrolled down through a lot of koreans' reactions from the episodes and other than the top comments, most of them were negative criticizing how fake and staged runningman looked, how cringy 7012 has become, and how they decided to cancel the cancellation of program. Once Koreans are done with a trend, they almost never go back to it. Infinity Challenge is a rare exception of variety show working well for so long despite controversies.

When I checked the original article, found that the person was exaggerating. There are replies like the one he/she mentioned, but they are few and pretty much downvoted. I could see a lot of positivity in the comments. There are people saying RM has become fun again and praised the members' chemistry. Someone even said that while RM has its haters, don't forget that it has its fans too. Another person said something about not gettind disheartened with the ratings. That person said RM didn't have good ratings in the beginning and picked up only gradually and expressed the hope that since the ratings are getting steadier, they will rise gradually. Another said, the ratings have picked up after the news of the cancellation. So there are k-fans of RM who are still loyal and see things positively. Some fans also complained about how there were too many penalties and said how risky it was to shoot on a frozen river and like always, asked to change the PDs. So there are different kinds of comments. 

Obviously, with RM, its decline did not happen in a day. The negative trends were there even when RM had good ratings, but focused only on the guests. Yesterday's 1N2D netizen comments kkuljaem translated have most commenters saying the episode wasn't that good and that since the new PD took over, they are relying too much on the guests and not focusing on the members. A familiar story, right? Still the ratings are good for 1N2D. I am sure the same happened with RM. The ratings may have been good once upon a time, but the topvoted comments might have been about how it relied too much on the guests while the viewers wanted to see the members' interactions.

RM had for the past two years or more become so predictable that even the ifans were finding it boring. All the MC fakeness, relying too much on the guests, limited cast interactions, stitled characters, unimaginative games, no wonder the K-audience lost its patience. It would be a challenge to win back the trust of the audience. From what I have seen, the two PDs Hwan Jin and Chul Min have their advantages and disadvantages (haven't seen Young Woo/Soo consistently for me to judge him). I think the last episode was shot by Chul Min. For me, Chul Min designs games better like the last nametag ripping, he adds twists and makes proceedings thrilling and does not give huge penalties, but he does not give enough screentime and he does not experiment with the characters of the members. Hwan Jin does not do thrilling missions that well and tortures the members at times in the name of variety, but he lets members bring in some of their real personality on RM which is refreshing. He also generally gives fair screentime to the members. Both the PDs are not really good at thinking up imaginative mini games though.But the editing of both the PDs have improved a lot in the last few months. If the two PDs can coordinate better, RM would certainly improve. Obviously, they don't have the abilities of Cho or Myuk PDs, but like Nam PD said, changing PDS is also a risk at this point since the cast needs time to develop trust and get close to the PDs. The new PDs also need support and trust in them so that they can experiment and grow. And Trust was a big issue with RM last year.

Right now, the ratings have stayed at 6-7 and they may not increase exponentially in the next 2-3 months too. But what the members' week episodes have done are focus on the members' interactions and bring back at least 20-30% of the audience who were loyal to the show, but had given up on it. With all the negative controversies around RM, in my opinion, it is a good thing that the ratings for these episodes even when there were no guests have remained consistent. I remember how there were k-viewers looking forward to how awkward RM members and staff would be in the first episode after the firing. But it was a good episode and people had to acknowledge that there was something to RM that had not broken despite everything. Yeah 7012 may be cringe-worthy at times, but it is the genuine friendships of the members that have made the show what it is for the fans. With the member's weeks, RM has focused on the members and it has helped team building after such a big crisis. Some of the audience must also have realized that there are things that they still like about the show. So I won't be pessimistic. Change is gradual after all. When the guests come in after the next 2 episodes,we will get to see where RM is headed. Will they go back to the old format with Yoo-Lee shenanigans, not much member interactions and too much focus on the guests or will they keep this spirit up? Again, the athleticism of the members is not what it used to be, so what will happen when they re-visit the old games?That is when RM's real test will come. I think RM has to devise a format which will keep the competitiveness of the show, but also allow the members to experiment with their characters. For instance, this indecisiveness streak in Haha is something that they can tap into in rebuilding his character on RM. I am glad the show put some effort into that. For the other members too, I hope they do it consistently. JK too has been allowed to show a little bit more of his cute and caring side on RM in the past few episodes, so that is also a plus. I still feel JH's character on the show can do with a reinvention where something which has not been explored much about her can be tapped into.

On 06/02/2017 at 6:57 AM, athoughtcloud1 said:

This was an episode with a great beginning and wonderful ending. The middle portions were a bit meh for me. While I knew Haha would rescue JH since he knows it is something she is really scared of, poor JH seemed scared out of her wits. Felt especially bad for JK and KS since they got too many penalties one after the other on one of the coldest days of the year. But then they got to throw a surprise party for Haha, so it turned out to be okay in the end. All the same, I want that next episode where the staff gift the members for all their hard work as they advertised in the end. Breaks my heart to see them having to do so many difficult missions in such extreme weather conditions.

What I loved about the episode were the concept, the member interactions and the beautiful ending. The ending especially was really sweet, funny and touching. Some of the editing was on point. The sad music when Haha takes one of the hardest decisions of his life, the captions 'smile so that tears don't fall' and then the surprise in the air with the footage of Haha's interview where he felt that his episode should have a twist and then kid Haha running away in embarrassment (just like in episode 15)! While they highlighted Haha's indecisiveness, what struck me was his saying he is a pacifist. For me, he is one of the members that binds the team together in that he has a great equation with each member of the team. That Haha is great friends with JK and Gary says a lot about how he is able to develop close equations with people with really different personalities (when you add the MC awkwardness to the mix, it is an achievement). Also, Haha is a member who is selfless in that he doesn't have a problem stepping back to let another member shine. I have also noticed that Haha knows when to step in to resolve a slightly heated situation. I was watching episode 199 recently. During one of the mini-missions with Park Ji Sung, JK is slower in his mission which is to dribble the ball between the cut outs of famous soccer players as a result of which they fail in one of their attempts. JK is usually touchy when it comes to his inconsistent soccer skills and to be fair, his mission was among the hardest in that game. So when the members criticise JK, especially JS, JK gets a bit heated up and there is an argument going on. Then Haha suddenly steps in blaming PJS for failing to get his kick right and picks a childish fight with him which helps in defusing the situation. Again,something similar occurs in episode 142. JH seems slightly out of sorts that day (she looks a bit lost in the opening and is uncharacteristically sharp in her words with Gary that day). JH has a lower threshold of pain when it comes to accupressure mats and when they have to do a long jump on the accupressure mat, complains about how it hurts her feet. JS then picks a fight with her telling her it is because she is hurting the same spots again (I sometimes get the feeling JS means something else there). JH also gets slightly heated up and the members look kind of awkward. Haha then deliberately steps on to the mat drawing attention to himself and cuts that exchange short. When JH is about to start her run up, Lee Bo Young, the female guest, who is pretty competitive and bearing the pain reasonably well, starts advising JH about how to benumb her feet before making the jump. LBY only means to help JH, but maybe it was not the right time. Haha then steps in scolding LBY for advising JH and when they create a ruckus, JK scolds both of them (it is quite surprising to see JK scold the female guest on his own team, so I guess everybody was worried about JH that day). When JH finally makes her jump, Haha encourages her shouting out 'my dream is to be more like you'. Aww! So Haha is important to the team in ways that are not as obvious. In every group, you have people like him who don't try to stand out as much as some of the more assertive members, but they are the ones who hold the team together and once they are not there, the cohesion of the team won't be like before.

Coming to this episode, if you think about it, it is not that difficult a choice for Haha between YJS and JK. JK has just got to eat some unhealthy food while YJS' mission is definitely harder (though JS isn't as scared of height these days as he used to be earlier). But then it is a hard choice for Haha to make coz it is JK, someone he is really close to in RL. You can see their closeness in how it is to JK Haha turns to find out what he should do when he is given the unenviable task of choosing between himself and the other 3 members for the bungee jumping mission. JK knows Haha will listen to him which is why he keeps on insisting that Haha should choose himself (so as to make him go up the crane for the surprise party). When Haha tears up, JK also seemed to be touched and worried about him. It was cute to see him touch Haha's ear and pull him close. I  felt so happy when JK called out 'nae dongsaeng' when Haha came out with the diaper-shaped cake (been a long while since I heard that) and then nae dongsaeng used uri hyung's shoulder to cry in relief.

Whoa if I could like this again and again I would. I feel like Haha is so underrated... A lot of fans see that RM loves YJS-LKS the most and got mad for the rest of the members, especially KJK-SJH after the mess happened, while the weakest link JSJ always have people rooting for him to break 'the weakest' title, but sometimes not a lot of people are mad for HH.

I really agree with this, he always silently supports the show and the members, especially as one of the (outdoor) variety veterans along with YJS and KJK. YJS always lead the show because he's just that great and KJK's support for the show was shown in his willingness to take the 'strongest' role, but HH is also so good at carrying the show and the small moments that makes an episode great. This struck me when I see the Bad Santa episode. I feel like HH did his homework about RM and its weakness and fans' complaints. I love how he purposely led the members to pick KJK-SJH, JSJ, and himself to do the games to make them have time to shine, and we saw that the episode turned out great.

I just love all the members so much. I was skeptical about the show continuing because I fear that it won't last long but now I'm glad the show has a second chance. I hope it will create quality episodes and gain viewers again.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, chelseafjl8 said:

http://www.weibo.com/tv/v/c344dfb34a18438359f426bcaeacc3aa?fid=1034:c344dfb34a18438359f426bcaeacc3aa

Tiny's insta live today in full, the members were rehearsing for the fan meeting and practicing fantastic baby (big bang)and fire(bangtang boys)

@chelseafjl8 Thanks for this You can see Spartace practicing in Minute 6:04-6:08 behind Tiny

• Like 3

Hi everyone..I am a newbie here..nice to meet u all..I wanna ask, do u all know how to open weibo link video without sign in on weibo account? cause my country doesn't support to make a weibo acc..if you know please help me..cause i wanna see the video which using weibo link..thanks before

Edited by juliez
wrong
  • Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1
2 hours ago, juliez said:

Hi everyone..I am a newbie here..nice to meet u all..I wanna ask, do u all know how to open weibo link video without sign in on weibo account? cause my country doesn't support to make a weibo acc..if you know please help me..cause i wanna see the video which using weibo link..thanks before

Try this. You don't have to log in here. http://weibo.com/tv/v/c344dfb34a18438359f426bcaeacc3aa?fid=1034:c344dfb34a18438359f426bcaeacc3aa

Or this http://m.weibo.cn/status/4072629571409781