[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

59 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Someone on SA naver was also speculating about the weirdness of JK's sudden ouster. She took screencaps of JS at different points to find out when he wrote JK's name on the deathnote.

JS needs to write JK's name on the deathnote before he gets out. These are screenshots of JS before he ousts JK and then immediately after the time travel. His hair is tidy and his sleeves are rolled down. This is coz he is not feeling hot and is not tired.

jkout_zpskmqf7ykm.jpg

This is after JS gets out. He is in the jail. His hair is untidy and his sleeves are rolled up. This is after JK chases him down to tear his tag, so one can understand why he is looking tired and his hair sticky.

jkout2_zpsz7gy8x7e.jpg

This is JS during the part where he is shown as writing JK's name on the deathnote. Again, his hair is looking untidy and sleeves rolled up. His appearance is very similar to how he appears in the jail. So seems probable that JS writing the deathnote was shot after JS was ousted.

jkout3_zpssphcimjz.jpg

cre: 단팥빵속팥굿 , SA naver

I think JS didn't get a chance to write down anyone's name on the deathnote since he was running around all the time and well, writing someone's name randomly on the deathnote doesn't help your cause. Still it beats me why JS never used his deathnote power to threaten JK when he was trying to oust him.

RM has its fair bit of scripting and they may have tried to let Gary survive till the final 3 since it was supposed to be his special. Besides the production team always has its ways of getting JK out in games like these so that they can even out the playing field (which is one of the reasons JK rarely has a chance in such episodes).

From one of my favourite spartace episodes - Second Last Love

JK's fetish for JH's hands is something. What do you call this rubbing action?

hand1_zpsgbicnpue.gifhand2_zpsa6ktqe4p.gif

hand3_zpswlwo7pl3.gif

cre: marta0713, SA baidu

Interesting points did not realize the sleeves before However the way I understood YJS used the deathnote was not a specific name but "whoever ousts me out is dead"

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1
58 minutes ago, Nina Negru said:

Interesting points did not realize the sleeves before However the way I understood YJS used the deathnote was not a specific name but "whoever ousts me out is dead"

That would have made more sense. But in the eng subs, JS says he will write down JK's name to be safe and then the subs for his writing on the deathnote reads 'if I get eliminated, Jong Kook will also be out 10 minutes later'. They make it seem as if JK is the biggest obstacle in front of JS which is why he took the precaution of writing down JK's name in advance. However, it would have made better sense not to name a specific person and write something like what you suggested. This is the screenshot of JS' writing on the deathnote.

kjkname_zps2m5izpla.jpg

I hope JK gets to play KKukThor again sometime in the future and play with his toy hammer. He was so adorable playing with it and making fierce faces that ended up just adorable. Even JH got embarrassed watching JK acting cute with his hammer though she came to his rescue when KS tried taking away his hammer. That was like JH stepping into break up a kids' fight between JK and KS. No wonder SJ says that JH may have a hard time being with JK and KS since they do tend to fight like kids at times.

38 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

That would have made more sense. But in the eng subs, JS says he will write down JK's name to be safe and then the subs for his writing on the deathnote reads 'if I get eliminated, Jong Kook will also be out 10 minutes later'. They make it seem as if JK is the biggest obstacle in front of JS which is why he took the precaution of writing down JK's name in advance. However, it would have made better sense not to name a specific person and write something like what you suggested. This is the screenshot of JS' writing on the deathnote.

kjkname_zps2m5izpla.jpg

I hope JK gets to play KKukThor again sometime in the future and play with his toy hammer. He was so adorable playing with it and making fierce faces that ended up just adorable. Even JH got embarrassed watching JK acting cute with his hammer though she came to his rescue when KS tried taking away his hammer. That was like JH stepping into break up a kids' fight between JK and KS. No wonder SJ says that JH may have a hard time being with JK and KS since they do tend to fight like kids at times.

Now that you say,I was wondering why would JS want to write JK name down. I mean,how sure would JS know that JK will oust him? It could have been JH or KS or haha,but why write JK. So I'm suspecting as said by someone else from the above posts, that its the producers who did this and planned it,preventing JK from winning.

It was quite sad to see him oust early without using his powers. At least the rest of them used it. And I really wanted to see JK and JH teaming up together,which was about to happen when they said JK was out. Sometimes I get so pissed because it seems as though the producers are worried JK will win every game,but in fact everyone targets him. I'm sure many RM fans would love to see JK last till the end, but it always ends up disappointing. same thoughts as @athoughtcloud1. Loved reading your post,it was super detailed.

I kind of feel as though JK isn't liked by the producers,or maybe I'm thinking too much. I mean just look,they invite KG back to play,and give him his lolol whom are so strong,and despite leaving RM,he is back again. Its like the producers are trying to say RM can't do without KG,but its ok to sacrifice KJK and SJH. KJK hardly wins at anything,and i=he always fights to survive. He uses all that he can to survive,but unfortunately it never happens. I feel unfair for KJK,the one who stayed back with SJH despite what had happened,but than RM is all about KG. 

18 hours ago, chelseafjl8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think this episode was not bad, although I would like a better opening, I find their games a bit silly. Also, I still think it will be much easier for them to cut and more fun for us to watch if all the members are doing their mission together. This is proven in the second part when they are all together, it just seems better. The game that Haha and KS play though, was a bit disgusting in my opinion. I don't really like the idea of having JS as the object although some might find it fun. I think it became more disgusting because it was KS who's playing it, he would do everything for the effect to come out. I appreciate his effort, but no, I just don't enjoy it that much. The final mission had more surprises than what we have seen recently, with Gary showing up with roro, KS's reflecting card, JH and JS's death notes. Sadly, I think that JK might never be able to win in a strongest member race simply because the production team doesn't want him to own the title... and I really wanted JH to win if not JK especially when it was only her and KS left in the race.

Spartace just love sticking together every time especially in game like this and like you will rarely see them questioning or betraying each other. I can just feel trust between them. Something that I noticed from the ending, JK seemed a bit down compared to earlier in the episode(maybe he's tired or has back pain or maybe because the production team invited gary once again?? Like JK thinks they can never get rid of him in running man?) It might just be me overthinking or maybe it's just because of the editing that gave me such impression.

Yes,I could see that too that KJK looked down too,and it was after he was out. I thought I was overthinking,but glad you stated it.

• Like 3

I was watching "As I Say", (It's a really good and meaningful program I recommend everyone to watch it although some might find it boring but I like it a lot. Haha and Yoo Hee yeol are the MCs.) and Kim Jong Min's story reminds me of spartace and makes me think that make be we can look at the whole incident in a positive way or at least that can make us feel better.

http://kshow123.net/show/as-i-say/episode-17.html

starting from 0:05:56

KJM:As the second season got cancelled, I was notified by the staff that I'd be kicked out
but then cha tae hyun said "but Jong- min is an original member, Shouldn't he stay?
So I got asked to stay in the show,
Haha then asked: Why didn't you leave? Why stay when it must've hurt your feelings a lot?
KJM:Human beings have self- pride right, such things can become a scar because of that
but then I realised self- pride is just a standard I set up
They asked me to leave because I didn't do well, If I just let down my pride it's another opportunity
Yoo hee yeol then said: He did well by doing that
KJM: I started again and it became a huge opportunity for me, I think that's why I got the award

He won the 2016 KBS Entertainment Awards daesang

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sarita Ramchandani said:

It was quite sad to see him oust early without using his powers. At least the rest of them used it. And I really wanted to see JK and JH teaming up together,which was about to happen when they said JK was out. Sometimes I get so pissed because it seems as though the producers are worried JK will win every game,but in fact everyone targets him. I'm sure many RM fans would love to see JK last till the end, but it always ends up disappointing. same thoughts as @athoughtcloud1. Loved reading your post,it was super detailed.

I kind of feel as though JK isn't liked by the producers,or maybe I'm thinking too much. I mean just look,they invite KG back to play,and give him his lolol whom are so strong,and despite leaving RM,he is back again. Its like the producers are trying to say RM can't do without KG,but its ok to sacrifice KJK and SJH. KJK hardly wins at anything,and i=he always fights to survive. He uses all that he can to survive,but unfortunately it never happens. I feel unfair for KJK,the one who stayed back with SJH despite what had happened,but than RM is all about KG. 

Yes,I could see that too that KJK looked down too,and it was after he was out. I thought I was overthinking,but glad you stated it.

yeah. i kind of felt that too. i think except hwan jin PD the two others PDs dont see JKs value. 

I dont know if they are just dumb or not but how can they not see his value when his special ep just got a freakin 8% rating ( i mean im not saying that the increase of rating is all because of him there might be some other factors but of course I'm bound to believe that atleast maybe the 0.1% increase was due to peoples curiosity about his special). :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

RM has its fair bit of scripting and they may have tried to let Gary survive till the final 3 since it was supposed to be his special. Besides the production team always has its ways of getting JK out in games like these so that they can even out the playing field (which is one of the reasons JK rarely has a chance in such episodes).

2 hours ago, Sarita Ramchandani said:

This is the reason why I'm not really a fan of such "best of best" episodes - they may claim they want to see who's the best, but we all know that the truth is JK is always hampered - either with powers so lame you cannot imagine or everyone gangs up on him. And I think he himself knows it and doesnt hope for much. Even in eps where they have to vote for people, he always complains he's always the target - and he's always right. 

And what kind of best of best are you having if you're clearly handicapping one particular member? 

16 minutes ago, jongimsarang said:

yeah. i kind of felt that too. i think except hwan jin PD the two others PDs dont see JKs value. 

I dont know if they are just dumb or not but how can they not see his value when his special ep just got a freakin 8% rating ( i mean im not saying that the increase of rating is all because of him there might be some other factors but of course I'm bound to believe that atleast maybe the 0.1% increase was due to peoples curiosity about his special). :)

SBS would probablylikely pat themselves on the back instead for thinking of such a brilliant idea of blind date that resulted in the 8% - ie their credit, not JK's. 

• Like 2

4.9%??? wow its really something, some days ago I just stalking https://twitter.com/SpartAceCouple, and found that kjk special wast the highest rating for almost the year, and its mean latest eps has the worst rating at least since eps 300. 
Actually after watching this eps, at first I quite satisfied, I like the story line, how the PDs make that the superhero theme upgraded, now we have three level of superhero power, and some additional power that can by with point, its quite sophisticated if may I say. But I didn't find alot of spartace moment, and in the beginning sjh and kjk did not stand near each other, they edit out the scenes they stay together in the beginning of last missions, we just knew that they wait together after others member walked into them, and this quite let me down, lol, and make me wonder what to discuss here. 

CuarIoBUMAAf-On.jpgCqdgRFQVUAAXji4.jpg

After looking to these rating and how Koreans appreciate the latest eps badly, I realize that despite all of these globalization things, preferences of each culture or civilization toward things cannot be standardize into one strict rule. For me myself the latest eps was the best, at least compare to all epss from eps 300. I found that how kjk and yjs game really amusing, how yjs sacrificed himself for laugh, he can also target kjk eyelid but he did not do that. As many previous posts stated that koreans are into gags more than witty (or whatever we call rm concept are) things, really do show in this latest rating, and I don't really know how to react since its culture influence. Hope pds and all crew can find how to meet koreans standard of satisfaction soon enough, what I'm afraid of SBS change their mind one more time, than the headline news would be "the uncancellation of rm being cancell" its would be like live as japanese in WW II, being bombing twice in the row, so devastating for us as fans.

After I read some posts I too realize that kjk out in games  its kind of too forced, I dont know can we call this unfair or what, but for me its just funny. kjk have no chance to use his power, its just like last superhero them when kjk also be the thor amd jsj be the hulk, kjk ousted without using his power once. From what I see, not only they wanted kg to be in last 3, they also forced MC moment to be affect the game, and yup they made it kg still being sway by sjh existence, I try to not focus on this while watching before, but yeah still dislike this moment, but I respect if others enjoy it though.

I too would love to spill some of pieces of mind about new member. I would prefer this would be female, because I dunno,  I just afraid if the new member is some actor/male idol new loveline would be once again form for sjh and this new member. If new loveline have to exist thats mean it has to be between kjk-new member or lks-new member since other member are married, and of course we donot wish kjk have new loveline, so lets think the new member will have loveline with lks. At this point I would prefer some one whose their age is not to far apart from lks, which mean I dont think new idol would make a good choice. I would rather choose some of lks friend who already in the show, such as Wang Ji Hye ("of couse" game) since she is quite easy going I think, and not really think much about image /impression while playing game. or may be Seo hyun jin who once couple with lks, I really was bursting out loud when she spoke spanish which is the meaning is quite pervy lol. oR may be veteran like hyory since she was married kjk will be safe I think, just being her pushover lol.

And yes they have fetish for each other hand, palm, finger etc, not just rubbing, interlocking trimming or whatever it is lol.

Have a nice day friends, happy being here  

• Like 2

So YJS' death note does specifically name KJK? Sorry I don't understand korean and I guess I watched with some creative subs. Me too I was a bit uneasy with the whole"is still Gary fond of you?" part ad how to use that strategically, although in Gary\s shoes I would not know how to behave differently. I mean even without a loveline in Gary's position I would not ave ousted Ji hyo right away. I was wondering why LKS did not offer to entice Gary and so get him out via the reflecting card was he so mad at wearing the blue costume that he felt he needs to either win or make everyone suffer ? Still once they took JK out of the equation after Gary would have been out, there would have not been too much of a physical threat to KS, Even reaching his tag may be difficult for JH let alone Haha who is the shortest of the seven.

Man, I'm so disappointed RM is scripted to THAT extent that I need to go recheck those slow mo of spartace and caressing, hugging, stolen glances...

• Like 2

Credit to 圓夢KJK

根据韩网新闻,此次runningman决定继续,金钟国的劝说起了很大作用。新闻报道表示,南承勇首先找到金钟国,和金钟国单独沟通,经过深思熟虑,金钟国决定继续录制,并原谅节目组,同时由金钟国和制作组一起劝服其他成员。接下来,节目组会更加努力做出更好的节目,也会继续协调录制和粉丝见面会日程。

Accordig to the lastest news from naver, JK played a big part in persuading others to continue running man. The news reported that Nam Seung Yong first found JK and had one to one conversation with him. After careful consideration, JK decided that he will continue filming and forgive the production team. At the same time, KJK and the production team will work together to persuade other other members.

Link:http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002635999

• Like 4

Chinese translation credit to me2Snoopy
In addition to that, from the production team's perspective Jk and JH are the ones who were hurt the most from this incident. They first asked for their forgiveness and understanding, with the rest of the members together forming season 2 as the original members, there's no problem with their schedule. The production team believed it's their fault that caused the trust that they have built up in 7 years failed. Their way of fixing it is by keeping the original members. 
An insider said, although Jk and JH's hearts are still hurting, they want to perform well for all the running man fans either I fans or local fans and will continue their filming and fan meeting tour schedule smoothly. 
 The decision of having additional members are still undecided. However it surely will not be KHD who failed to join season 2 previously. 

• Like 3

I really love the last ep, and while I am kinda disappointed about JK being ousted so early, I thought the PD did a really decent job. Enough thrilling, fun with great twist. After around 100 eps, I have stopped speculation about scripting and will just enjoy it as it is. I mean, there are around 12-15 hours worth of shooting each ep, we can never know what really happened anyways. Therefore, as hard as it is, please keep supporting the show, and as long as the member enjoy and decide to continue with it, it is fine for me. 

(SJH got a lot of bashing for winning repeatedly in the past, and people claim it was unfair, but I did not think members , including SJH back then or KJK now, even cared that much.)

I think JK lookep relaxed this ep, and I really do not think he was upset because of Gary (after all, they were in a show together for 7 years). Plus, I also think there are not much of MC thingy in this ep, nostalgic moments is understandable, I even got sad when Gary said let s turn back time to 7 years ago. Besides, I really saw Gary being a guest in this episode, the feeling compared to him as regular member is different. On the other hand, Spartace moments are still the same, no matter how little. 

(However, I do understand if you feel other ways.) 

The rating IS UNFAIR. I just dont understand, this ep is comparable to some very good ep in the past. Korean - why do you betray RM? :( 

P.S: I don't mind Spartace gets more interaction or hint onscreen, but just bit by bit , too much at one would create a lot of antifans. All the irrational war between Gary fans and KJK fans are  not worth it, after all we re RM fans. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chelseafjl8 said:

Credit to 圓夢KJK

根据韩网新闻,此次runningman决定继续,金钟国的劝说起了很大作用。新闻报道表示,南承勇首先找到金钟国,和金钟国单独沟通,经过深思熟虑,金钟国决定继续录制,并原谅节目组,同时由金钟国和制作组一起劝服其他成员。接下来,节目组会更加努力做出更好的节目,也会继续协调录制和粉丝见面会日程。

Accordig to the lastest news from naver, JK played a big part in persuading others to continue running man. The news reported that Nam Seung Yong first found JK and had one to one conversation with him. After careful consideration, JK decided that he will continue filming and forgive the production team. At the same time, KJK and the production team will work together to persuade other other members.

Link:http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002635999

Now I get why Tiny tweeted, "We win!"

It baffles me how much he loves RM. I feel like this show is the first variety show in which he's considered the leader (along with YJS) and maybe that's why he feels responsible for it. I always hate how the production team shaped his character as simply the strong one/everyone's target (like in the alien episode) because I feel like it's so one dimentional, while his character in FO and XMan showed more of his wit... but LKS said all the time that KJK was the one who purposely took on the role to let the variety newbies more stand out and I think it's kinda unfair that a lot of viewers hate him just bc of his role. The production crew really needs to stop with the obvious love fest for YJS and LKS and please start appreciating the other members :(

1 hour ago, coffeecoffee said:

The rating IS UNFAIR. I just dont understand, this ep is comparable to some very good ep in the past. Korean - why do you betray RM? :( 

P.S: I don't mind Spartace gets more interaction or hint onscreen, but just bit by bit , too much at one would create a lot of antifans. All the irrational war between Gary fans and KJK fans are  not worth it, after all we re RM fans. 

@coffeecoffee I get what you're saying and tbh I agree with you :)

For me, I'd love to see more of SA onscreen because they're my favorites but what I think should be noted is that Running Man should really really really try to fresh things up. It's so tiring to see the same old combination because everything is so predictable... That is why, for me, all I really want is to see new combination on air. I'm tired of seeing the unlucky ones being unlucky, the members ganging up on KJK, LKS betrays everyone, and such. The problem with RM rating going downhill is because people in SK are already too familiar with how the show works. I think the crew should try new combination to create a fresh dynamic (I was excited to see KJK-JSJ and HH-SJH on the Bromance episode and I think we can see how they tried their best to play the bromance role, like how KJK acting like a brat to JSJ and how HH scold SJH for playing skateboard. Unfortunately, the crew once again focused too much on showing off the guests) and that's why I also agree with the idea of adding new members.

A lot of korean articles about Running Man always have good comments like "RM fighting!" and such but they seriously need to start watching the show again to help the show.......

• Like 3

Cannot really type a very long reply now but this JK is really too loyal for his own good. No wonder JH said that's his best trait. To forgive sbs and then convince the other members to continue on when he (and JH) were ironically the ones who have been hurt the worst? Takes a saint to do that. I'd never be able to. 

And why do I feel that the one he had to do most convincing to would be JH? But I'm sure also that JH would pretty much follow his decision. If he got JH onboard, that'd mean the two who were hurt most would be willing to continue and then they in turn can then convince the other members who would then be more willing to go along with what they decided since they were going to live and go as a team of six. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hr12_stv said:

Here's the article about JK being the main reason for RMs revival

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/creator-running-man-reveals-kim-jong-kook-reason-running-man-uncancelled/

reading the article and then came to this part :

“Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo were deeply hurt. The reason they made such a big decision despite this fact is that they wanted to repay the love of “Running Man” fans all over the world. They will continue to record for Running Man and carry out their Asian Tour without much trouble”

damn, this guys is truly awesome........ from the one who badly hurt (along with SJH) by being kicked out from the show, into the one who persuaded the other members to continue running as members of "Running Man"

despite his back injury, despite how he was treated in RM by the production team and by the antifans........really, he's really uri Hyung :grin:

and if anyone still have to find a reason to like KJK, here's an article for you :

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/running-man-producer-celebrity-colleagues-expose-kim-jong-kooks-true-character/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, delusionalduckling said:

For me, I'd love to see more of SA onscreen because they're my favorites but what I think should be noted is that Running Man should really really really try to fresh things up. It's so tiring to see the same old combination because everything is so predictable... That is why, for me, all I really want is to see new combination on air. I'm tired of seeing the unlucky ones being unlucky, the members ganging up on KJK, LKS betrays everyone, and such. The problem with RM rating going downhill is because people in SK are already too familiar with how the show works. I think the crew should try new combination to create a fresh dynamic (I was excited to see KJK-JSJ and HH-SJH on the Bromance episode and I think we can see how they tried their best to play the bromance role, like how KJK acting like a brat to JSJ and how HH scold SJH for playing skateboard. Unfortunately, the crew once again focused too much on showing off the guests) and that's why I also agree with the idea of adding new members.

A lot of korean articles about Running Man always have good comments like "RM fighting!" and such but they seriously need to start watching the show again to help the show.......

Yes, when rewatched some of the earlier eps, I was so surprised at how almost all combinations between members worked like magic. But later on SJH was almost always paired or in a group with Gary. Jae Suk will go with guest or LKS. Gary was rarely in same group with KS, JK almost never get paired with JH... I don't get it, you get a group of SEVEN people who all have good chemistry together, and you rely on the same combo over and over until the viewers get bored. (I didn't get bored, but I can clearly understand why people may get sick of the familarity)

SJH is my bias, so I dont feel right saying this, but it seems like you can clearly see the PD bias trend by the group selection. Back then it was KS in group with JH and SJ, then when Haha got less popular, we usually see him and Ji Hyo, SJ (sometimes Gary) as a team. And of course, the edit would focus exclusively on guests (who are usually together with JS and KS).

I really hope the news is real, and they would appreciate JK and JH more. (SBS answers on their instagram that this epsiode was shot before the decision (hence the "Last best of best"). I am waiting more next week on how the editing would look like. 

To light up the topic, I first love Spartace in ep 40, when JK suddenly told JH "but you were quite cute" when they were playing some kind of orchestra band. It was so random - and it was my turning point to ship them haha. I am not as convinced as some of you guys about them dating, but I am a shipper because their chemistry is so great, even back then when they are not that familiar, just by one sentence the chemistry was already stronger than around 20-30 eps of Monday Couple. 

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1
1 hour ago, myrunningman1 said:

Cannot really type a very long reply now but this JK is really too loyal for his own good. No wonder JH said that's his best trait. To forgive sbs and then convince the other members to continue on when he (and JH) were ironically the ones who have been hurt the worst? Takes a saint to do that. I'd never be able to. 

And why do I feel that the one he had to do most convincing to would be JH? But I'm sure also that JH would pretty much follow his decision. If he got JH onboard, that'd mean the two who were hurt most would be willing to continue and then they in turn can then convince the other members who would then be more willing to go along with what they decided since they were going to live and go as a team of six. 

I see it in a different way. Based on JK's behaviour during SBS awards, I would say he was the one who had more issues with SBS. JH was looking comparatively better but it could be coz she had forgiven them by then and was ready to move on. Perhaps JK hadn't forgiven them by then. Hence I think JK had to be persuaded first for RM 2 to continue. JK had also made other plans like his guesting on 1N2D, so seems like he was ready to move on at some point and had to be persuaded to come back. I think both are too kind as people. JH is also soft-hearted. She wouldn't have played the Monday GF so many times even against her will if she had been more self-interested as a person. JH didn't even have an issue with being dunked with the cold water in the first episode they shot after the controversy. JK has a warm heart, but his fatal flaw for me is that he is too trusting of people he loves. You see that in games where he doesn't expect betrayal from Haha and LKS and then ultimately gets betrayed.

But what we get to hear is a very sanitised version of what actually transpired. The news report will always paint it as 'everybody immediately agreed and we decided to continue the show'. But obviously, after all that has transpired, it may not have been that easy to convince both of them and others like Haha who might have had second thoughts since RM has taken such a big toll on his health.  Also, we heard Heechul was demoted, but obviously SBS can't admit to that since that would be admitting it was Gong Heechul who created the mess in the first place. It is their internal matter after all. So I won't completely trust the news reports. My feeling is that unless JK n JH felt justice had been served to some extent, they wouldn't have gone back.

At the same time, SBS is one of the 3 major broadcasting stations. JK and JH might not completely want to sever their ties with SBS in a situation where SBS heads are trying to placate them. That is how it goes in the entertainment industry. You have to play strategically at times to survive and succeed.

Edited by athoughtcloud1

too much drama.I hopes PD just stop give statement,shut up and just working on your show!It's good statement but i know some will think negative and start makes assumption.No use if you makes so much promise but you not doing it.By now whatever stuff they say do they think the viewers will trust?so just shut up and show it to the viewers you serious on your work.This PD talk too much.

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1

Btw, the news reports say new additions are a possibility, but they will come only in season 2. (Will they begin a season 2 after Feb with the 6 of them and new members?) Until then, it will be the 6 of them with guests.

4 hours ago, hr12_stv said:

Here's the article about JK being the main reason for RMs revival

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/creator-running-man-reveals-kim-jong-kook-reason-running-man-uncancelled/

After what they did to him,he still got the group to continue.This guy really has a heart of gold. It goes to show how much he loves RM despite the ratings. This group of 7 never wanted RM to end and kept trying their best to win viewership. SBS better be thankful

I saw on this link https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/06/january-variety-show-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/ that even new shows have little effect on rankings and people aren't interested. RM is placed third. So this actually means even with new shows,there isn't much difference in ratings,so might as well improve on the current show and make changes from there rather then cancelling the entire show.

2 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I see it in a different way. Based on JK's behaviour during SBS awards, I would say he was the one who had more issues with SBS. JH was looking comparatively better but it could be coz she had forgiven them by then and was ready to move on. Perhaps JK hadn't forgiven them by then. Hence I think JK had to be persuaded first for RM 2 to continue. JK had also made other plans like his guesting on 1N2D, so seems like he was ready to move on at some point and had to be persuaded to come back. I think both are too kind as people. JH is also soft-hearted. She wouldn't have played the Monday GF so many times even against her will if she had been more self-interested as a person. JH didn't even have an issue with being dunked with the cold water in the first episode they shot after the controversy. JK has a warm heart, but his fatal flaw for me is that he is too trusting of people he loves. You see that in games where he doesn't expect betrayal from Haha and LKS and then ultimately gets betrayed.

But what we get to hear is a very sanitised version of what actually transpired. The news report will always paint it as 'everybody immediately agreed and we decided to continue the show'. But obviously, after all that has transpired, it may not have been that easy to convince both of them and others like Haha who might have had second thoughts since RM has taken such a big toll on his health.  Also, we heard Heechul was demoted, but obviously SBS can't admit to that since that would be admitting it was Gong Heechul who created the mess in the first place. It is their internal matter after all. So I won't completely trust the news reports. My feeling is that unless JK n JH felt justice had been served to some extent, they wouldn't have gone back.

At the same time, SBS is one of the 3 major broadcasting stations. JK and JH might not completely want to sever their ties with SBS in a situation where SBS heads are trying to placate them. That is how it goes in the entertainment industry. You have to play strategically at times to survive and succeed.

Yup,during the awards,he really didn't feel happy that he even refused to speak and passed the mic to LKS. Also,he didn't want to go up with the rest,but hid behind the wall and SJH and Haha accompanied him. He must have felt betrayed and hurt. I know that feeling when you have given your all,yet you aren't appreciated.

I'm guessing when news spread that CTH would invite him to 1d2n, SBS panicked because it would definetly take his fans away as its the same timeslot. But SJH on the other hand was pretty cool about it.I guess she was making herself tough and strong to support KJK.Imagine if both of them weren't in the mood, it would have been tougher. So if 1 person tries to be happy,at least it would help the other to brighten up and not let the table be filled with awkwardness.

I'm wondering how did YJS react regarding RM continuing. Did YJS not want to do RM after all this? I'm sensing something is linked to him too,as he is the main person along with KJK.But I'm assuming they are just using KJK name as to show us that KJK forgave SBS and he still wants to do RM with the members. I remember reading on someone's instagram that Gong Heechul was demoted and Nam PD has taken over,and this was before the news was released, but I didn't think much of it. So there is a possibility that he was really demoted,thats why as mentioned both of them went back.

I rather they do not add any members for now,and not even think of adding anyone until RM mess is forgotten before doing anything. Because if they add a new member and ratings get worst,the blame will go to the new member and RM fans will probably not be happy. Why not think of making changes to the show and perhaps change the theme,not having strenuous games every week,and not carrying girls! Name tag game is the main thing which represents RM so wish they could continue it like this ep. 

I honestly wish Koreans will support RM because if they don't, its gone for the members of RM again. Sigh,why does it feel like Koreans are betraying RM,just like how the members betray each other? I really don't wish to see the show go down. 

• Like 3