[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest united06

CherKell

said:

I LOVE your sig block!!!  That's from 'Queen In-hyun's Man,' correct?  I think that was the last non-JCW drama that I devoured like candy and bit my nails to the knuckles awaiting new episodes.  SO MANY FEELS!!! :X

@CherKell -- EXCELLENT point. I had completely forgotten about product placement in dramas while watching a Saguek. Most of the time it's so ham-handed that you have to groan with distaste over how a product is worked into the script.
I think the most glaring one recently (albeit not entirely unwelcome) was in I Hear Your Voice when Soo Ha/Lee Jong Suk tosses his shirt to Bo Young to launder. The loooooong pause & gaze while handling the detergent....camera angle fully lingering on detergent and washing machine (because you know laundry is CRUCIAL to the plot) ....I guess it was creative to include bare abs to soften the blow. ha!!
I LOVE all your ad ideas ~  ♥

How about:Dowager Empress Birth Control - Now in 2 new fragrances! The Smell of Defeat and Oh No You Didn't !
Eunuch Bang Savory Flavored Tooth Floss - guaranteed to give you the CHEESIEST GRIN ever! :D
Lady Noh Eyedrops - when you need to reduce red-eye from long hours of being cray
Eunuch Golta Tongue Scraper - keeps your tongue 'clean as a whhhhhistle ~'  :(|)
Emperor TaHwan soothing whirlpool foot bath - for those times when your foot massaging concubine gets stolen by a foreign king  ;)
snickers.... I could do this for days
EDIT: @miky88 - RE: "u must make a promo sell for the eyeliner as well and TS red paper for the lipstick"
Love your ideas too! You're hired. (。◕‿◕。)

Guest suwan1430273820

Sreriously, rating dropped as soon as WJ-SN romance was pushed? Really?

Isn't it due to a lot of reasons, rather than just "blaming" it on SN-WY couple plot?

The first 10 episodes started off strong. Even too fast, like some people I know thought. SN-WY already started back them, in mild form but already interesting to many peole and their chemistry, well, let's just say IMO, is praised.  Ever since SN was sent to Yuan, the drama pace slowed down.

There are many redundant scenes, I must say. They can cut down certain scenes from the  immature Queen or King which I tended to skip anyway.  I personally think ever since WY came back to the palace, the love triangle is interesting and we see TH slowly changed with more determined look in his eyes. For many recent episodes, SN was not the strong, indepedent girl she used to be. What all of these reasons have to do with WY-SN romance? Without WY coming back, we are supposed to see an immature TH forever, who was even scared of a rat? And so far, I don't see any redundant scene of WY in the palace.

Guest ghollygina22

I'm so afraid for my Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang. After watching ep 20 preview I don't know what to think…  :-w Can't they get a break???  Geez!  Must they always sacrifice in order to gain something?!  Yuan is taking everything from them.  I felt like I barely took a breather and I have to go under water again and hold my breath!
Am I the only one that saw how much Wang Yoo cherishes Seung Nyang???  OMG!  I was speechless!  My heart fluttered!  And I melted…  Oh and when he held her hand to his cheek then kissed it.  It's so powerful!  It spoke volumes.  Gosh I thought it was SOOOOOOO FREAKIN' SEXY!!!  Imagine on the lips!  I'll totally have palpitations!  hehehe NO SHAME SO EXCITED!!! 8->  I see now the "Tragic Love" to come.  I don't care what people say I totally see that they Love each other!
WANG YOO & SEUNG NYANG ALL THE WAY BABIEEEEE!!! \m/

ghollygina22 said: I'm so afraid for my Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang. After watching ep 20 preview I don't know what to think…  :-w Can't they get a break???  Geez!  Must they always sacrifice in order to gain something?!  Yuan is taking everything from them.  I felt like I barely took a breather and I have to go under water again and hold my breath!
Am I the only one that saw how much Wang Yoo cherishes Seung Nyang???  OMG!  I was speechless!  My heart fluttered!  And I melted…  Oh and when he held her hand to his cheek then kissed it.  It's so powerful!  It spoke volumes.  Gosh I thought it was SOOOOOOO FREAKIN' SEXY!!!  Imagine on the lips!  I'll totally have palpitations!  hehehe NO SHAME SO EXCITED!!! 8->  I see now the "Tragic Love" to come.  I don't care what people say I totally see that they Love each other!

Guest suwan1430273820

ghollygina22 said: I'm so afraid for my Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang. After watching ep 20 preview I don't know what to think…  :-w Can't they get a break???  Geez!  Must they always sacrifice in order to gain something?!  Yuan is taking everything from them.  I felt like I barely took a breather and I have to go under water again and hold my breath!

An article about Empress Ki's OST
class="entry-title" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-family: 'Nanum Gothic', 돋움, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: 40px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(70, 77, 93);"http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/200160

So the name of the song is "Just Once", sung by Sistar's Soyou.According to the article, the song is Seung Nyang's theme song expressing her sorrow and missing...
Waiting for the full song and lyrics...

And here it is!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeee away, SN-TH shippers!!!  :X

http://youtu.be/SswaAZDssSo

English Translation (via Popgasa.com):

You blow into my hands and disappear when it seems like I can catch you
Like the cruel wind, you get farther away

The night I quietly cried as I held onto my heart
My day passed as sadness in the darkness

I difficultly erase and erase but I’m draw you out again
The painful memories make our love even sadder
No matter how much I hide it, you fill up my eyes
The longing overflows like my tears, what do I do?

Will I be able to see you in my dreams?
If I anxiously wait, will I meet you?

I make a wish on that lonely moon
Just once, just once more.. I say this alone mixed with tears

You only come to me in my sad dreams
I know, I know but I can’t let you go even a little bit

Grabbed the lyrics in Hangul:

손안에 불어와 잡힐듯 사라져간
야속한 바람처럼 멀어진 그대

가슴을 붙잡고 숨죽여서 흐느끼는 밤
어둠속에서 나의 하루가 서글픔으로 지나간다

힘들게 지우고 지워도 또 다시 그려지는
아픈 기억들이 슬픈 우리 사랑을 더 슬프게해
아무리 감추고 감춰도 자꾸 눈가에 차오르는
나의 눈물처럼 흘러 넘치는 그리움 나는 어떻게 해

행여나 꿈에라도 볼 수 있을까
애타게 기다리면 만나지려나

쓸쓸한 저 달에 나의 소원을 빌어본다
그댈 한번만 다시 한번만 울음 섞인 나의 혼잣말

힘들게 지우고 지워도 또다시 그려지는
아픈 기억들이 슬픈 우리 사랑을 더 슬프게해
아무리 감추고 감춰도 자꾸 눈가에 차오르는
나의 눈물처럼 흘러 넘치는 그리움 나는 어떻게 해

슬픈 꿈에서만 내 곁에 오는 그대란걸
알지만 알고 있지만 나는 조금도 놓지 못해

힘들게 지우고 지워도 또다시 그려지는
아픈 기억들이 슬픈 우리 사랑을 더 슬프게해
아무리 감추고 감춰도 자꾸 눈가에 차오르는
나의 눈물처럼 흘러 넘치는 그리움

So glad the Empress Ki drought is over! They say that the first Monday of the new year is a depressing one (since the holidays are over), but Empress Ki made it much better this year.

The writers took me by surprise with TH's character today. I thought he was going to be all depressed and drunk, but instead he started showing a darker side to his character.  For me, this is not a bad thing because I want to see JCW play a darker role.  I think he can do it really well and be the "man I love to hate." :x

I'm glad we finally got to see SN bring TH back to reality that he can't have her heart so easily.  I feel that this may be the reason he may no longer try to win her heart by being "nice" anymore.  After all he knows the same feeling of contempt when his own father was killed by El Temur.  Therefore, I think he will try to get her by his side through force or scheming since he knows he may never be forgiven anyways.  I think that's why he was crying. As for SN's tears, I really think that her tears were a mixture over the death of her father and maybe regret that she can't forgive TH because he reminds her of those painful memories.

That being said, I hope that TH does not outsmart SN, WY and company too soon.  I'd actually like SN and TH go head-to-head in a battle of scheming and wits. SN needs to show everyone that even though she serves in a lower position (whether it is as a "maid" or "soldier"), that it'll take a lot to outsmart her.  So if TH does decide to win SN by force rather than wait for her heart, he'll still have to beat her intelligence first.

Tragic love story has both sadness and beauty to it, even though it's so heart-breaking.

I don't like unrequired love. But a mutual, unfulfiled love always leaves behind regret with us questioning: "what if...." . What if things happened differently :(

Guest yummysushi123

Oh? So I was right..........I had suspicions that Soyou from SISTAR was going to sing the new OST but somebody said not to trust Wikipedia. :)
Oh well......the new ost is brilliant!!!!! Thumbs up!!!! :)