[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest supermanseeker

Omg, omg, I have to admit that prior to EK, I was not interested in any K-period drama for most of them kind of boring in the field of plot, costume, and cinema effects, in comparison with its China or Hong Kong seniors, but this show is so good that I have to look for more info abt the time when the story takes place as well as the actors. So far so enjoyable! I'm glad that I gave it a try and now I'm hooked.
My second confession is abt HJW as I found her not my type of actor before. But thing has changed after I saw the drama's poster, especially the first ep which explains very well why she has so many devoted fans. HJW might be not the most beautiful among Korean actresses, but for sure she possesses a healthy and unique beauty [NOT TO MENTION HER ACTING TALENT n EXPERIENCE] that tells her from others.
JCW whereas is my "discovery of the year", since I'd also never heard abt him before EK. I mean not his good-looking, but his awesome portray of TH makes me want to know more abt the actor himself and his previous works. Sorry if my comment offends JCW's fans, for I think he looks so so in modern costume, but when he puts on the prince suit, especially the emperor ones, he looks so fresh and even outshines others, credit to the designing and make-up crews!! I dont know if only me but IMO, not all actors have such light, charisma spirit like JCW (my short list includes Jo In Sung) who knows the secret to make us forget abt their real life profile, yet be immersed in their characters.
Abt JJM and king Wang Yoo, so far he does his job well, but since the actor himself is a senior or a veteran celeb in the field as well as his character so far has no flaw that I can anticipate the development as well as his acting performance. no issue so far to be discussed abt!

petria said: I think that Wang Yoo would be very unpleasantly surprised if he knew how close and direct Nyang is with Ta Hwan because he would know that that`s not her being strong, extraordinary maid, but acting free and friendly with another man. Remember how jealous he was back in Goreyo while those two were practicing arrow-shooting...
And Ta Hwan`s immaturness? Well, there`s no cure for that one, lol, he will be like Denise- the menace till the end, lol (I hope you`re familiar with that cartoon).

Guest hunterdd

sarah.lina said: I think that the drop of the ratings might be 'cause of the anticipation of the return of WY, Episode 13 has reached 20% because they were all waiting the return of WY. But now that he's here and there aren't any romance between them so...

Prime Minister and I is climbing up too (that's not a good news for EK) :-S

Come on wr-nim, give them some romantic scenes between SN-WY the ratings will be 30 % hahah :D

And Yeah like everyone else have said give SN some screen times this is Empress Ki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for god sake not Emperor TH >:/

Watching the scene when WY & SN finally reunited again just wanna add my 2 cents from my previous post on this...

As this is a saeguk drama, one has to remember that any kind of skinships are not allowed between different genders especially those from respectable family. In the past WY wud have hugged SN easily becos he thought she's a boy...remember when SN took arrow for WY, he tore her pants to put on medicine, she instantly slap his face, thus a respectable man wudnt have simply hug a respectable girl.

However I can see the longing in WY's eyes as he took off his robe & put on SN, taking his time resting his hand on her shoulder. And putting on his worn clothes on her is his way showing his care & tenderness towards her, not to mention his body ordours on to hers, just like TH sniffing into SN's handkerchief, this is a more stylish way of letting his scent onto her & when she put on the robe back on him, taking her time too while doing it, caressing him gently showing him how much she longs for him too, also putting back he robe on him, its like her giving her scent to him, also in a more discreet & stylish way   ;)  If drinking from the same bottle is known as indirect kiss, than sharing robe can also be seen as indirect hug, right? :D but one thing for sure, although she's a slave & a palace maid now, she is still a respectable woman of a respectable status in WY's eyes

Guest united06

Episode 11 graphics ~
image-679A_52A711C3.jpg

image-CE0C_52A711C3.jpg

image-5764_52A711C3.jpg

image-08FD_52A711C3.jpg

image-AD1B_52A711C3.jpg

image-E112_52A712DC.jpg

CREDIT: DarkSmurfSub GFX team

English subtitles are now available at DarkSmurfSubs~! ♥

Empress Gi English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7752-empress-gi-2013/
Please visit the link above for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

In that preview, ET's army is pointing swords at TH, isn't that treason?  ET and his family were going to be killed after they plotted a coup, right?(because we know that bayan is going to take control soon) so is this the coup they planned? so ET's death is near?

pieracapozucca said: sarah.lina said: I think that the drop of the ratings might be 'cause of the anticipation of the return of WY, Episode 13 has reached 20% because they were all waiting the return of WY. But now that he's here and there aren't any romance between them so...

Prime Minister and I is climbing up too (that's not a good news for EK) :-S

Come on wr-nim, give them some romantic scenes between SN-WY the ratings will be 30 % hahah :D

And Yeah like everyone else have said give SN some screen times this is Empress Ki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for god sake not Emperor TH >:/

@roshan90 @kenneth123
sorry i reply it now.. I think I suggest that ending because it seems the most possible ending for both shippers, TH-SN marry for years. Then TH die, SN goes missing. We don;t know where she is, so I suppose maybe SN will meet WY and they live together..
Of course, it's not the kind of ending I want..  I want TH and SN married each other happily and lovingly but I can't take WY out of equation too..

Guest united06

Episode 12 graphics ~
image-68D3_52AAF10B.jpg

image-54F6_52AAF10B.jpg

image-F205_52AAF10B.jpg

image-16BB_52AAF10B.jpg

image-48F6_52AAF10B.jpg

image-A0CD_52AAF1F8.jpg

CREDIT: DarkSmurfSub GFX team

English subtitles are now available at DarkSmurfSubs~! ♥

Empress Gi English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7752-empress-gi-2013/
Please visit the link above for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

2 hours until empress ki and I have a bad feeling that today's cliffhanger is going to be crazy :(
so is the next's weeks preview and we will pull out our hair waiting for next week's episodes ~X(

Guest susany2k5_1

@sarah.lina how do you know that 50 million people in SKorea prefer WY? Is there a poll to back this up? Also, the ahjumma's are most likely to prefer noona/dongseng relationships because some of the biggest hits have had noona/dongseng relationships such as; MNIKSS, TMTMTS, IHYV etc.. from my POV it's the iknetz that the writers & pd's try to cater too because they want to have a big international fan base for their drama because they need to import their drama overseas as that's where the money is. From what I can see, TH edges out WY in regards to popularity regardless of whether he is the main OTP or not.