[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@dotori Mmm now maybe you're right LOL I'll have to rewatch that part later.  I just thought when he told her to turn off the light then was just laying dow. He was just literally sleeping with her as in no intercourse. Then again, they don't show anything either way. Nevertheless, she's the Empress so I don't have  a problem like some do. It's not like she's ugly (well just ugly inside lol)

(ep10) TH: You replace him. Give me courage. I am saying that you replace Seung Nyang. Please help me...Poor child. He is so lonely...
And SN wants to leave the palace.
About lady Park. Maybe the lady has a false pregnancy. She became pregnant so fast. It's suspicious. This can cause the exile of the palace when it will be revealed.

Guest smoochysparks

@SMP567 thanks for posting dangkise's photos. Aside from Ta Hwan I also ship Dangkise with Seun-Nyang! He's such a hottie and when he smiles OMG! I think I've already fallin for him ;-)

@tessieroo and @ohoheli, MBC started doing this since Horse Doctor last year. Both V and DF didn't get the license until the series end, until today. However, they gave out the license for sageuk fantasy such as Goddess of Fire and Gu Fam Book. Are they trying to maintain the quality of subbing and take control over history based sageuk drama as @larabn pointed out? Well.. maybe. 

But in my pov, it's torturous!!

*pouts and whines like baby emperor*  

@gaeinalee noona, that would be sad if they're not going to permit Viki and DF to sub it. hope they'll permit them since EK has many international fans. :-)

Loya said: (ep10) TH: You replace him. Give me courage. I am saying that you replace Seung Nyang. Please help me...Poor child. He is so lonely...
And SN wants to leave the palace.
About lady Park. Maybe the lady has a false pregnancy. She became pregnant so fast. It's suspicious. This can cause the exile of the palace when it will be revealed.

@G - 
MBC seems very selective, there is no rhyme or reason to the licensing agreements. They've also given out license agreement for current running dramas "Medical Top Team"and "Golden Rainbow" but those are not sageuk. Like you said, they did for "Goddess of Fire" and "Gu Family Book" - both of which are sageuk. So confusing. ~X(
@dotori - 
Since the subs are not complete for ep 10, I'm not sure TH had sex with Tana Shiri. We know he slept in her room but that doesn't mean anything. It didn't look like it just from watching - it looked like he blew the light out and went to sleep but I need to wait for completed subs to be sure. You're right though - the subs at Dark Smurfs seem to be subtly giving us that hint. 
Visiting family gave me some alone time so I finished this weeks recap:
http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/11/30/empress-ki-recap-week-5/

I just saw episode 10. Do you think that TH does find out that SN is a woman on episode 11? He sounds angry but I don't know if he is mad at her in the preview for pretending NOT to be SN? Any opinions out there? Enough of dragging this for another episode. Of course she is a woman and she is SN and it is time for TH to find that out!

i'm usually good with shipping the right two main characters in kdramas. for this drama, i ship SN and WY and i have a strong feeling that they will be the two main characters. of course, that doesn't mean that they will end up together, but just from the first episode, i can tell that SN truly loves WY in her heart, but married TH out of obligation and duty. it's true that there were many dramas where the female lead would like one guy at the beginning and end up liking another guy at the end. example: the great queen seondeok. however, for this drama, when i saw how SN looked at WY in the first episode, as a woman, i can feel her. her facial expression, her tears, and the way she looked at WY said it all that the one she truly loves deep in her heart is WY.

OMG I know that SN loves WY so much but idk why more love TH and SN hohoho I just think they fate to be together. If you see Hunger Games (if you don't watch it, just skip it lol) you know Katniss and Peeta couple right, Katniss love Gale so much. Peeta loves Katniss so much and give her everything that he can. In the end Katniss realize that she loves Peeta. This is the feel same like SN and TH (for me). In the end I think they gonna complate and love each other heheh :) But if the end she will WY I'm still with that cause at all I just love this both pair but I more like TH SN couple lol

BTW in the ep 10 I love this scene so much, this make me laugh so bad XD!!! TH order SN to smile, the first smile, she smile awkward with sound "hahaha" then TH keep order to see her beautiful smile, she do a rigid smile, TH laugh so bad lol! XD

1459341_199168066937184_1079333883_n.jpg
1463105_199167860270538_1793262790_n.jpg
999795_199166090270715_1532030715_n.jpg
1471354_199166140270710_384912537_n.jpg1486630_199166126937378_1395631552_n.jpg
1467311_199166063604051_639109988_n.jpg
1480636_199167660270558_176267138_n.jpg
374529_199167763603881_1661795892_n.jpg
1426740_199167723603885_642359347_n.jpg
1466214_199167653603892_1212317040_n.jpg
946057_199167680270556_159610986_n.jpg
1465122_199167750270549_367542581_n.jpg

Guest neoh yee yik

actually the best way for SN to revenge on TH  actually is  not to kill him on instant..but by ignoring him and left him helpless of being the puppet of el-temur and QD...cause that way will hurt him the most than death..well tats what i think i will do If i m SN (and if she still wan to continue her revenge on him)..with tat method it wont hurt the other innocent goryeo ppl and she wont get execuated for killing an emperor..

see guys told you they will post the ep on sunday :(:P gosh no episode until now
listen to Lara, Lara knows :)
I don't think tanashiri slept with TH, maybe she is referring to him sleeping beside her like a shell
but dowager's words makes me suspicious but if he had slept with her she wouldn't be extra jealous of LP to the point of killing her at the end of the episode yep she was jealous since the beginning but she decided to kill her at the end of the episode (something ticked her off)

I keep referring to the first scene in the first episode cause it shows us a lot until the point where she becomes empress:
1- she has a certain obligation to marry TH whether it's revenge, goryeo people or saving WY
2- her looking at the rings means something...don't know yet cause we haven't reached there...but does it mean she finally got to point she has been planing to help her revenge plan against TH or that she already avenged her parents and she is happy to have fulfilled that and she is moving to a new level now to help the goryeo people
3- she still loves WY (or why else would she cry), when she cried at seeing him in coronation...so I think the writers will develop their love story when she gets kicked out of the palace
4- I kinda sensed that it's something both WY and SN agree upon when she married TH, although WY was sad but I think he knew why SN was doing that and he was like he gives up the fight and surrendered by just looking at her one last time and leaving the coronation
5- she kinda looked guilty looking at WY, maybe it's because she chose revenge or duty over love
6- when TH asked WY, you still love her and she saved your worthless skin... a love story happened that TH even knows of and he sure doesn't like it or maybe there is some kind of problem between the two men
maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think the writers put this scene because there is a whole story behind it and they gave some hints to that story
We will see when we reach that plot
now she may love TH after marriage (I read somewhere in the plot description that their friendship changes to love)
I kinda was hoping that she loves TH when she becomes his concubine and gets closer to him

Guest neoh yee yik

although i m TH-SN shipper..but i still think WY deserve to have more screen with SN too ..hhaa mayb like everyone said their relationship develops further when she was cast out from palace..then tat start to make sense why she feel so sad during her coronation..but why she want to go back to the palace if she already happily with WY by then ..unless tis is becos she wan to help WY back to his throne  by making a deal with TH? hhhaha so tats why TH feel so insecure in episode 1 when WY-SN are still in love with each other...

@dotori: Oh, It could be right. I did not pay attention enough. :) It is good to discuss here the scenes. Different eyes, different perceptions... About TH and his wife spending the night together, it did happen or will happen for sure before SN becoming concubine.

I just realized that episode 10 aired this week.   :)) I watch 2-3 episode this week and I thought I have to wait another week for more. This drama is a successful one so I expected a quick translation. Too bad DramaFever or Viki did not get the license.

drbigapple said: although i m TH-SN shipper..but i still think WY deserve to have more screen with SN too ..hhaa mayb like everyone said their relationship develops further when she was cast out from palace..then tat start to make sense why she feel so sad during her coronation..but why she want to go back to the palace if she already happily with WY by then ..unless tis is becos she wan to help WY back to his throne  by making a deal with TH? hhhaha so tats why TH feel so insecure in episode 1 when WY-SN are still in love with each other...

I can't find the character description anymore but i remember that i read that LP was killed and SN will become concubine to avenge her. So the reason that she comes back to the palace should be revenge again, but this time instead of killing people she will do what LP suggested her.

pieracapozucca said: I can't find the character description anymore but i remember that i read that LP was killed and SN will become concubine to avenge her. So the reason that she comes back to the palace should be revenge again, but this time instead of killing people she will do what LP suggested her.

so far, i feel like the relationship between TH and SN are like that of older sister and little brother. no romantic feelings between them yet. as for WY and SN, it's obvious they both care for each other deeply, but their relationships is more of a servant to a master, a soldier to his country. the way SN expressed her love to WY is like her loyalty to her country. she cared for TH like an older sister taking care of her incompetent younger brother. someone mentioned that TH needs SN more than WY and yes, i agreed to that because he's too weak to think for himself so he needs a strong woman like SN who can help him hold the throne. it's not fair that SN and WY do not have any romantic scenes at all...yet. if the writer wants us to believe that there is a love that exists between SN and WY, then please throw some romantic scenes in there! it's like, when they're together, they're so stiff and serious. it's always about duty and obligations for them. we WY-SN shippers need some love between them to keep us going! and poor SN...i feel bad for her because she will end up marrying TH (as per episode one) and will have to deal with that immature first wife (whatever her name is)....unless her character is killed later on then yes, our SN will be live happily as an Empress of Yuan. sigh...my heart is already breaking for WY, but i'll watch it for HJW.

larabn said: drbigapple said: although i m TH-SN shipper..but i still think WY deserve to have more screen with SN too ..hhaa mayb like everyone said their relationship develops further when she was cast out from palace..then tat start to make sense why she feel so sad during her coronation..but why she want to go back to the palace if she already happily with WY by then ..unless tis is becos she wan to help WY back to his throne  by making a deal with TH? hhhaha so tats why TH feel so insecure in episode 1 when WY-SN are still in love with each other...

larabn said: see guys told you they will post the ep on sunday :(  gosh no episode until now
listen to Lara, Lara knows :)
I don't think tanashiri slept with TH, maybe she is referring to him sleeping beside her like a shell
but dowager's words makes me suspicious but if he had slept with her she wouldn't be extra jealous of LP to the point of killing her at the end of the episode yep she was jealous since the beginning but she decided to kill her at the end of the episode (something ticked her off)

I keep referring to the first scene in the first episode cause it shows us a lot until the point where she becomes empress:
1- she has a certain obligation to marry TH whether it's revenge, goryeo people or saving WY
2- her looking at the rings means something...don't know yet cause we haven't reached there...but does it mean she finally got to point she has been planing to help her revenge plan against TH or that she already avenged her parents and she is happy to have fulfilled that and she is moving to a new level now to help the goryeo people
3- she still loves WY (or why else would she cry), when she cried at seeing him in coronation...so I think the writers will develop their love story when she gets kicked out of the palace
4- I kinda sensed that it's something both WY and SN agree upon when she married TH, although WY was sad but I think he knew why SN was doing that and he was like he gives up the fight and surrendered by just looking at her one last time and leaving the coronation
5- she kinda looked guilty looking at WY, maybe it's because she chose revenge or duty over love
6- when TH asked WY, you still love her and she saved your worthless skin... a love story happened that TH even knows off and he sure doesn't like it or maybe there is some kind of problem between the two men
maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think the writers put this scene because there is a whole story behind it and they gave some hints to that story
We will see when we reach that plot
now she may love TH after marriage (I read somewhere in the plot description that their friendship changes to love)
I kinda was hoping that she loves TH when she becomes his concubine and gets closer to him

Guest lightitup

If she really gets kicked out of the palace and returns nonetheless, I have a feeling it will be kind of a deal going on between the three leads. Maybe TH makes a deal with WY that he will free Goryeo from Yuan control as much as possible so that WY can rule Goryeo as he wants. But in return, TH wants SN by his side as the empress, hence the marriage. And maybe WY and SN both think that Goryeo should be put above their (supposed?) love, so they agreed. Just like @maryly09 mentioned, both SN and WY seem to define their relationship based on obligations, responsibilities (to Goryeo) and observation of hierarchy. So although they love each other, out of their obligations and principles, they can never be together and that eventually will be based on their decisions.

That said, I really want to see some romantic scenes that are NOT imaginations for WY and SN. This love line is really lacking substance compared to SN-TH and I wonder if the writers are deliberately skewing the balance this way. Need some real competition here to make the 'difficult decision between two loves' convincing!