[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

tessieroo said: @rinchan76 - 
Another difference between WY and TH is that WY didn't see his Father killed - right in front of him. His Father is still very much alive. WY has always been surrounded by loyal people, friends and family. (except for Wang Go and Princess Kyung-hwa) WY also had inner-court battles but he had people on his side. 

SMP567 said: tessieroo said: @rinchan76 - 
Another difference between WY and TH is that WY didn't see his Father killed - right in front of him. His Father is still very much alive. WY has always been surrounded by loyal people, friends and family. (except for Wang Go and Princess Kyung-hwa) WY also had inner-court battles but he had people on his side. 

Guest sogongx3

WY is surrounded by people who love&adore him while TH is all alone..that's why I think TH really needs SN by his side and she will be his everything like he said in the first episode...love, family, true friend, mentor....

can't wait to see him becoming a man ;;)

Guest Geumchi

I'm done watching episode 10 and SeungNyang still confuses me.. I was wondering if she pity him when she looks at the emperor when he is talking about the male SeungNyang... kekeke... "Kill Ta Hwan" mission is not yet over even after some advise from Lady Park. I think her character is getting way more insane and inconsistent, one moment she wants to kill TH and then the next day then she wants to leave the palace to meet WY. I can understand her getting infatuated to WY but missing him is all the time is too unbelievable. I also have no idea what she wants to do, die with TH or forget revenge and live with WY? 
I think instead of assassinating TaHwan, dethroning an emperor is a more believable SN's revenge. With that, I won't be having a hard time connecting her train of thoughts and actions. The way she thinks makes me feel like her character is similar to Yeom Byung Soo, only thinking of how to kill the enemy and not thinking what will happen next.

Guest Geumchi

I'm slowly falling in love to the Warrior Wang Yoo.. The King and Rebellious crown prince version of him is not doing it for me. But a good war strategist (like taltal) is my weakness ever since the world started so I can't help but to like him now. I hope the writers will have 10+ war episodes with Wang Yoo and TalTal on it so I can enjoy every bits and pieces of them fighting and strategise. 
Yeon BiSu, the turk female warrior, is looks awesome. I'm happy that WY have some girl to his side too. Maybe he's not getting some so he keeps on thinking the last beautiful thing in the camp, which is SN..hehehe.. I like her but I'm sure the writers will make her heartbroken once WY left her for SeungNyang.
I have come to like Danashiri too. Even though her character is hateful, I kinda understand her. Imagine your husband (even if you don't love him) sleeping with some other woman, How can you not act like that?. I actually like her more than the Empress Dowager. She also did the classic Empress Ki pose, which I find ironic.
TaHwan is also adorable to this episode. He can't stop think about SeungNyang, even after sleeping with Lady Park. I'm looking forward to the next episode when he confirmed that she's indeed SN. 
Though I'm liking Wang Yoo to this episode, I'm still a TaNyang couple shipper (I want WY for myself.. =)). SN-TH's complex love story is more real and I honestly having a hard understanding SN and WY's love for each other. It's hard for me to believe that they really fall madly in love and miss each other so much, looking at how they've been together. If only the writers did make SN pregnant with WY's son on the camp, I will believe all that love and hallucinations. BTW, their hallucinations moments is so random and a desperate way to show their feelings to the viewers. 
Lastly, for my ultimate man in this drama, TalTal, even though I'm enjoying his moments of war, I'm excited to see him in the Yuan palace siding with Empress Ki.

Guest avocado1430291863

In EP 9, we see both WY and TH encounter very stressful and tough situation in each of their own place.
WY shines in this episode proving that he is indeed the King, a brave and wise one.
TH is struggling with all the pressure around him and not making any changes.

Can't wait to see the day TH grows up and shines as the Emperor...

My thoughts is..EK is korean drama..Korean is known for their loved to their nara...including in the drama...they like to make their heroes shine brightly...i remember in jumong or dae jo young...

When i watch EK in the earlier episode...i don't have any idea how they make story about king of another country..,,this is KDrama which most of viewer is korean....so they make WY a brave king (In the history the goryeo king at that era is not like that)...andTH is very weak ruler so he need goryeo woman to sit beside him and help him growth (dunno about the emperor real personality in history)...I think thats okay...first this is a kdrama so they can make whatever they want...and second..i love romance when the lead are not equal in the beginning and watch them walk togethet step by step to be great people

Guest smoochysparks

saranghaechoiseunghyun said: mianhanmida pd nim, if WY is not Joo Jin Moo, and u choose the other actor. Maybe, I fall in love with WY. and I really like to see SN-WYI don't know, everytime I saw JJM, I always remember, he and Jo In Sung

Guest pandora460

SMP567 said: tessieroo said: @rinchan76 - 

Excellent discussion! Love all the thoughts being brought forward! 
@SMP567 - 
Very true. It's interesting that both WY and SN had a little "gang" who followed them around and they were basically the "leader" of that gang. (when they had their adorable drunken arrow battle) TH, on the other hand - has never been a "commoner", he's Royalty and as such would never have been allowed outside the Palace to spend time with friends. Instead, he was exiled because the powers-that-be (El Temur) thought his younger Brother would be an easier puppet Emperor. But, in fact - the idea wasn't to exile him but to murder him. (Part of me still wonders if his younger Brother was also murdered - with both boys gone, El Temur takes over completely?) 
I also think WY might have had one or two people (Wang Go and Princess Kyung-hwa) who wanted him out from the beginning of his reign as the Crown Prince and that number grew once Yuan became involved - now many people want Wang Yoo dead. TH has had many people who wanted him dead from the moment he was born. 
I do agree that WY is much more willing to die for his Goryeo people than TH is willing to die for Yuan people. Again, I fall back on WY being allowed to live around and communicate with average, normal Goryeo people and grew to love/respect them. TH has never been allowed that type of life (but it also appears he doesn't want to experience that - LOL!) We did see TH changing a tiny bit during him time outside the Palace but it wasn't long enough to influence him in any significant way. 
@avocado - True, whenever US television does an entertainment program about a famous, well-known American citizen, it's usually full of all the good stuff about that person and never the bad. (LOL) Hollywood loves to paint this perfect picture of our heroes which is usually not true or not the complete story. 
@pandora460 - Excellent analogy! I would also throw SN into that. At the beginning, she's very much like WY - proud, brave, and loyal. Once inside the Palace, she's become confused, crying, compliant but also selfish - thinking only of her own revenge and not caring about the other Goryeo people in the Palace. 

aeterna009 said: I'm done watching episode 10 and SeungNyang still confuses me.. I was wondering if she pity him when she looks at the emperor when he is talking about the male SeungNyang... kekeke... "Kill Ta Hwan" mission is not yet over even after some advise from Lady Park. I think her character is getting way more insane and inconsistent, one moment she wants to kill TH and then the next day then she wants to leave the palace to meet WY. I can understand her getting infatuated to WY but missing him is all the time is too unbelievable. I also have no idea what she wants to do, die with TH or forget revenge and live with WY? 
I think instead of assassinating TaHwan, dethroning an emperor is a more believable SN's revenge. With that, I won't be having a hard time connecting her train of thoughts and actions. The way she thinks makes me feel like her character is similar to Yeom Byung Soo, only thinking of how to kill the enemy and not thinking what will happen next.