[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest kenneth123

I think the drama will follow the some of the basics of the novel..really couldn't picture SN and WY's love because it's too dimensional.. like there is no room for growth.. it's very plain... lt is similar to i like you, you like me scenario.. or maybe I'm just biased :D hehehe... I hate TH character when he is a coward and the betrayal scene... I want to stab him too hahaha :) .... but the more I imagined it... it seems that the writer is preparing the love triangle to be either way...like you could root for both... as of now i am TH-SN.... they are more fun to watch together.... I really doubt if they will follow the plot of the novel... many things in the drama isn't the same as what happened to the novel like 1). SN meeting TH first 2). Father was together with her for a long time 3). Love child while traveling.. Yeah I feel like SN will fall for them at different times.. at the first half of the story it's WY but near the ending she will fall for TH.. i think that is the usual thing that happens in kdrama land .. ahem QSD, memories of bali and more... The wedding scene probably happens during the middle part of the story... considering that the novel will happen just in case.. I think TH still won more because even if the person didn't love you back.. she has always been there together with you for the rest of your life.. stayed in your bed, ate with you, walked with you...(insert more cliche things haha) .. and that is more than you can ask for since you betrayed her.. but I will root for the dramatic end that all of them die .. hahaha I'm crazy.. it just seems more complexing and has more impact to me .. :) hahah .. this drama turned me to a weird person :( 

larabn said: @tessieroo:
just remembered what I wanted to comment about :) ...TH being a coward is understandable if he is only 16 years and is facing all of this alone but WY is older in age so it's understandable why he isn't like TH and is more mature and reliable.. that's why TH needs someone more mature that he can trust beside him to support him not just give orders to him
that being said, I think he will be mature and brave when he becomes close to SN in later eps and she will be the one supporting him

kenneth123 said: I think the drama will follow the some of the basics of the novel..really couldn't picture SN and WY's love because it's too dimensional.. like there is no room for growth.. it's very plain... lt is similar to i like you, you like me scenario.. or maybe I'm just biased :D hehehe... I hate TH character when he is a coward and the betrayal scene... I want to stab him too hahaha :) .... but the more I imagined it... it seems that the writer is preparing the love triangle to be either way...like you could root for both... as of now i am TH-SN.... they are more fun to watch together.... I really doubt if they will follow the plot of the novel... many things in the drama isn't the same as what happened to the novel like 1). SN meeting TH first 2). Father was together with her for a long time 3). Love child while traveling.. Yeah I feel like SN will fall for them at different times.. at the first half of the story it's WY but near the ending she will fall for TH.. i think that is the usual thing that happens in kdrama land .. ahem QSD, memories of bali and more... The wedding scene probably happens during the middle part of the story... considering that the novel will happen just in case.. I think TH still won more because even if the person didn't love you back.. she has always been there together with you for the rest of your life.. stayed in your bed, ate with you, walked with you...(insert more cliche things haha) .. and that is more than you can ask for since you betrayed her.. but I will root for the dramatic end that all of them die .. hahaha I'm crazy.. it just seems more complexing and has more impact to me .. :) hahah .. this drama turned me to a weird person :( 

I think nobody wins and everybody lose. TH has SN body but not her heart. SN becomes Empress and probably she will avenge her parents but she married a man that she dosn't love and will spend all her life with him and sacrifice her only love. WY will come back to be a king but he won't have the woman he loves.

@larus - 
Oh, thanks! I keep hoping Koala will add more about the novel but she hasn't yet.  :(  I do know it's only available in Korea right now. (boo!) I'm almost 100% convinced that SN/WY are the OTP but I need them to be in the same place at the same time.  :-w
JCWserveme.jpg

tumblr_mh3mdbjCh31rn7wkmo1_400.gif  

Well, if you insist. :D

I like that everybody here has different insights it makes you rethink stuff and look at other things from a different point of view ;)
I have a feeling the ending will not be a very sad just slightly sad lol but not happy either...a very sad ending will be torturous since the whole thing is turning into a sad circus :(
and a happy ending given the circumstances and the era we're talking about is unrealistic :|
so maybe she will stay with TH and if they want to follow history but with a twist they will make her run away with WY after TH dies and her son takes the throne or maybe she will love TH in the end...but yeah it will be sad for all three if she ends up with TH and not loved him
who knows we have 40 episodes to go and I'm sure we will change our assumptions near the end

@larabn - 
I know, it's fascinating the way we're all watching the same thing but have different feelings about what we're seeing! Speaking of, during ep 10 when the Dowager Empress and Tana Shiri are fighting over giving Lady Park an official title (at the very beginning) Tana Shiri says "You Majesty, before I die, you definitely can't." 
What the...what does that mean? That he can't have a child with someone else until after she dies? OR that she will die if he names another woman top consort? :|  I got all confused trying to figure out what she meant. 

kenneth123 said: I think the drama will follow the some of the basics of the novel..really couldn't picture SN and WY's love because it's too dimensional.. like there is no room for growth.. it's very plain... lt is similar to i like you, you like me scenario.. or maybe I'm just biased :D hehehe... I hate TH character when he is a coward and the betrayal scene... I want to stab him too hahaha :) .... but the more I imagined it... it seems that the writer is preparing the love triangle to be either way...like you could root for both... as of now i am TH-SN.... they are more fun to watch together.... I really doubt if they will follow the plot of the novel... many things in the drama isn't the same as what happened to the novel like 1). SN meeting TH first 2). Father was together with her for a long time 3). Love child while traveling.. Yeah I feel like SN will fall for them at different times.. at the first half of the story it's WY but near the ending she will fall for TH.. i think that is the usual thing that happens in kdrama land .. ahem QSD, memories of bali and more... The wedding scene probably happens during the middle part of the story... considering that the novel will happen just in case.. I think TH still won more because even if the person didn't love you back.. she has always been there together with you for the rest of your life.. stayed in your bed, ate with you, walked with you...(insert more cliche things haha) .. and that is more than you can ask for since you betrayed her.. but I will root for the dramatic end that all of them die .. hahaha I'm crazy.. it just seems more complexing and has more impact to me .. :) hahah .. this drama turned me to a weird person :( 

tessieroo said: @larabn - 
I know, it's fascinating the way we're all watching the same thing but have different feelings about what we're seeing! Speaking of, during ep 10 when the Dowager Empress and Tana Shiri are fighting over giving Lady Park an official title (at the very beginning) Tana Shiri says "You Majesty, before I die, you definitely can't." 
What the...what does that mean? That he can't have a child with someone else until after she dies? OR that she will die if he names another woman top consort? :|  I got all confused trying to figure out what she meant. 

I'm not going to be pessimistic about the ending :(( ...  to save my poor heart if it turns out as misery then I have plenty of time to feel sad and depressed at the end of episode 50 :((
but I think the realistic ending is not a happy one
TH and SN will stay together if she married him but she may not love him ever

I don't know why it kind of hit me that SN will go at the end to where she spent her days with WY when their love story happened
and reflect on her life there

WY and SN will not end up together in the end if she spends her life with TH specially if he becomes king, in those times people were not forgiving and understanding so things like that were not easy to happen

tessieroo said: @larabn - 

Guest kenneth123

Yeah probably by then when SN is already reflecting .. WY is already married.. I think there was a mention of an actress that will be a rival of ha ji won.. and until now she still isn't revealed.. maybe she will be the wife of WY.... princess noguk? if they follow history but i doubt it .. the safest ending would probably TH dying and SN going back and reflecting as you mentioned :) going back to WY.. I don't like it because as mentioned too predictable and kinda wasted  the story.. I want EK to go out with a bang.. I kinda liked Hwang jini's ending that she didn't choose to be with anyone and was satisfied just with arts..

kenneth123 said: Yeah probably by then when SN is already reflecting .. WY is already married.. I think there was a mention of an actress that will be a rival of ha ji won.. and until now she still isn't revealed.. maybe she will be the wife of WY.... princess noguk? if they follow history but i doubt it .. the safest ending would probably TH dying and SN going back and reflecting as you mentioned :) going back to WY.. I don't like it because as mentioned too predictable and kinda wasted  the story.. I want EK to go out with a bang.. I kinda liked Hwang jini's ending that she didn't choose to be with anyone and was satisfied just with arts..

@larus - 
It was my understanding that WY is completely fictional and not based on any actual Goryeo King. (but they might have taken bits & pieces) I definitely didn't think he was based on Chunghye. 
@CherKell - Thanks for finding out what's up with MBC America!  ^:)^ And your explanation of what Tana Shiri meant makes sense. I'm also wondering if this little plot of Ki-Se's (to test the Goryeo servants) is tied to his desire to get SN out of the Palace before HN discovers who she is. I love pie.  =P~
@larabn - Don't bail yet! I haven't even made up my mind and you're already bailing?  =))