[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

59236753.2.jpg

Regardless of who she will be with or how the story will end...
      This picture says it all.  The ultimate rise of a Goryeo woman to the powerful Yuan Empress !

Guest celinejoy

celinejoy said: sunshine4ever said: Hi everyone, thanks so much for some of you who are reminding our fellow Soompiers to follow rules; however, I really am in support of private messaging people privately to edit their posts if they're violating the rules somehow since I'm always around so I can always also edit the posts if they're violating our forum's rules. I just hope we can keep this thread at a friendly environment for everyone to freely post things. I know some people have not read the rules so  if possible, please gently remind them to get back on the rules. Whatever I wrote are only suggestions. Please feel free to do whatever you wish to do. <3

Thanks so much. :) I'm on episode 5 and *coughs* I can understand why everyone's going for the "baby" emperor. All of you want to nurture him, aren't you? LOL. Hehe, it's going to be SN's job in the upcoming episodes, hee. :)

This scene is so sweet....I am touched...I think for the "fearful" Ta Hwan, who lost his father due to the corruption of his government, for the first time he can at least learn to trust --- just a little bit...but surprisingly it's not someone from a Yuan's land that he can trust, but someone from the Koryo.

OCSUJzN.jpg

I was thinking, too, for the first time, Sung Nyang learns to see that not all "Yuan" people are that bad as she got to know TH. For now, I can't predict how TH will come out to be, but at least at this point I'm thinking he's a gentle soul and someone who doesn't know much about the world...although he looks like a true coward, but he can be brave when he's given opportunity. :D If he really was a coward one, SN would have been dead, too while she was injured and in fever, no?

Will be back to share my thoughts about WY. I'm so glad this thread is full of discussions. I was in this thread when it first started, lol, and other threads were moving really fast! Thanks for all of your funny pictures/talks/discussions although I may not  be emoting in all of them.

Guest neoh yee yik

haha..i can see every fans of EK..while desperately waiting for the episode 10 eng subs..try to ease their bored in this forum.hahha even speculating how the ending of the EK will be...hahhaa..but i have differ topic to discuss instead..hmm okay lets say both WY and TH share  deep love with SN..but wat will their reaction be if SN break up with one of them:
WY: if SN left him for TH..WY of course will cry his heart out(though he is almost a perfect man..still he is not an android)however,he will respect her choice though may not agree with her..yet,he wont desperately try to hold her cause he himself had his own duty and responsibility as a king of goryeo..SN will alwiz stay in his heart ..
TH : If SN left him for WY..i guess everyone cn imagine his pleading puppy eyes...cry like there is no tomorrow..he will beg her not to leave his side..(cause SN is his everything..without her...he has no aim/will to continue living)and if his effort goes backfire..guess he will end up lifelessness(like a walkng zombie) or even commit suicide ..
tats how i cn interpet their reactions from their personalities..guess u guys agree with me as well rite..hahah..k lah c u guys tomorrow for more post to come abt episode 11..

One interesting moment. TH had a second son. But who his mother is unknown. It's strange...

Uskhal Khan (Төгс Төмөр хаан), born Tögüs Temür (temple name: 益宗, Yizong; r. 1378–1388), was a Mongol Emperor of the Northern Yuan Dynasty in Mongolia. He was the last powerful khan of the Mongols until the reign of Dayan Khan.[2]

Tögüs Temür was Biligtü Khan's younger brother and son of Toghan Temur, the last Yuan emperor in China. He succeeded to the throne with the title of Uskhal Khan (Урсхал хаан) after Biligtü Khan died in 1378. During the funeral of the late king, the Ming court sent an embassy to participate in it and released the Mongol prince, Maidarbal, who had been captured at the battle of Yingchang in 1378. Wikipedia

Guest seosono15

i think when dangkise suggest to use goryeo woman as a spy is not directly pertaining to SN in a way to just to get her. if im not mistaken in the ep.11 preview he ask tanasili "so our musuri is him, that woman?"

Guest seosono15

about the other woman who still didnt show up, i think that woman is the second primary empress replacing danashiri who general bayan choose as the new empress instead of SN. the actress name is kim min jung who work w/ JJM in fashion 70's where ha ji won made a cameo.

collage13-350x203.jpg
@seosono15 - Yup as per mentioned before, the other woman, who is not yet shown to the viewers, is Kim Min Jung. It was revealed that she was casted as a member of the Yuan Dynasty, and that she will have a confrontation with Ha Ji Won as Empress Ki. It will be interesting to see Kim Min Jung and Ha Ji Won battle out for both of these two actresses could be very fierce. I think their scenes will be as intense as Tae Hwan and Wang Yoo scenes in the future.
cr: dramabucks

rinchan76 said: in episode 10, i think, WY mentioned his whole goal in building his army and fighting was align himself with the turks in some way to get control of the silk road. hypothetically if this were to happen, do you guys think that it is with his control over the silk road that he could bargain for his throne back or at least get SN back in the palace? Even though it seems kind of easy, but the silk road was a major money maker, so if you had control over it, you had some kind of power or else why fight for it.    :-? It would also be interesting to see how SN would react when she sees this lady warrior hovering around her man,seriously I wonder what it will take for SN love switch to be turned on. I'm guessing her heart needs to be mended first or maybe jealousy could get the ball rolling lol.