[Drama 2013] Monstar 몬스타

dee09

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nauna

This drama was so not on my radar. High school dramas aren't really my thing, but my daughter always asks me to recommend dramas so I decided to check out the first episode to see if she might like it. It was one of the best first episodes I'd ever seen, and now we're both hooked and waiting for episode 3! Love all the characters, except bully boy. (mean people suck! :P )

Guest robs1430291557

@nauna. Same here, not on my radar for the same reasons, not into high school dramas, in fact I run the other direction. I don't even have a daughter. But decided to take a look. I liked what I saw in both episodes. The opening of ep #1 hooked me, and I got reeled in.....

Guest dramagrandma

iirnii said: ...
..I doubt Adam is Se Yi's father.  But I do think that Adam is associated with her father, perhaps her father's music friend or something, who later on will be Monstar's mentor (in the episode preview, snippets were shown that he gave them a place to practise). Se Yi hated and blamed her mother for the death of her father, right? Maybe Adam's presence in her life can slowly help mend her complicated relationship with her mother.
Oh! I also really like how they put in comic panels to depict a character.. in episode 1, its Na Na street fighting 20? gangsters. And in episode 2, its Adam and his creepy perverted characterisation. Ahaha I love them. I do want these to continue in episode 3 onwards (only if its interesting.. better get rid of them if its not)
And Manager hyung and his unconscious need for pillow hugging. Ahaha he is such a comic relief character (as with the CEO too, the way he almost cried while shouting back at Seolchan who shouted at him for moving his stuff back home.. lol cute) 
Anyway, excitedly looking forward to the next episode!

dramagrandma said: iirnii said: ...
..I doubt Adam is Se Yi's father.  But I do think that Adam is associated with her father, perhaps her father's music friend or something, who later on will be Monstar's mentor (in the episode preview, snippets were shown that he gave them a place to practise). Se Yi hated and blamed her mother for the death of her father, right? Maybe Adam's presence in her life can slowly help mend her complicated relationship with her mother.
Oh! I also really like how they put in comic panels to depict a character.. in episode 1, its Na Na street fighting 20? gangsters. And in episode 2, its Adam and his creepy perverted characterisation. Ahaha I love them. I do want these to continue in episode 3 onwards (only if its interesting.. better get rid of them if its not)
And Manager hyung and his unconscious need for pillow hugging. Ahaha he is such a comic relief character (as with the CEO too, the way he almost cried while shouting back at Seolchan who shouted at him for moving his stuff back home.. lol cute) 
Anyway, excitedly looking forward to the next episode!

Spoilerish musings!

I keep going back to that scene when Sun Woo first sees Min Se Yi at school and the manner he first greets her, knowing her name almost too well, (yeah he's clever and can read name plates, I know that) still I just can't remove that niggling feeling that either she's a childhood sweetheart or related in some way, like a sister or cousin sister.  The manner he's interested in her musical education too, and the way he's so protective over her against Seol Chan... Anyway, I'm pretty much always wrong in these cases but I just wanted to put this thought out there, if indeed it already isn't. 

One more day to go... Yippee. ;;)

I luv luv luv Sun-Woo... Hopefully writer-nim doesn't turn him into an evil one.. Pls have him stay as sweet as he is now, so our Seol-Chan can have a worthy rival for Se-Yi's most coveted affection and love..

Am so shipping for the second lead right now ;) -well until Seol-Chan redeems himself and be lovey -dovey to Se-Yi or do something extra sweet for her -then I might re-think about it.. Hee.

the bickering between our OTP Is awesome.. If Seol-Chan froze-up as Se-Yi smiled at him, wonder what his reaction would be when she starts liking him for real.. :\">

Guest anjoloveskirby

sebsob said: Spoilerish musings!

I keep going back to that scene when Sun Woo first sees Min Se Yi at school and the manner he first greets her, knowing her name almost too well, (yeah he's clever and can read name plates, I know that) still I just can't remove that niggling feeling that either she's a childhood sweetheart or related in some way, like a sister or cousin sister.  The manner he's interested in her musical education too, and the way he's so protective over her against Seol Chan... Anyway, I'm pretty much always wrong in these cases but I just wanted to put this thought out there, if indeed it already isn't. 

Guest JAYwalkers

201305301449.jpg 

source : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109607251 

hugs and tears,why? seol chan,what did you do to min seyi?

:))

Archived