✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

On 9/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, Erick Miranda said:

Heard that Yoo Jung already leaving Sidus. She is in talks to join PSJ's agency. Hope she works with So Hyun in a future project because there is no more Sidus that will block and compare them with each other. 

I honestly think they’re going to be compared to each other for probably the rest of their lives. I don’t think it was ever sidus that lead the charge to the comparisons but certain fans that were being salty and bitter and couldn’t help but find scapegoats when they found something lacking in their respective actress career. And way back it was convenient because they were part of the same agency and is of the same age. And it is still convenient now: Sharing similar career history will follow them forever, they can’t erase the fact that they were both child actresses of the same age that gained a surge of fame after starring in super hit moon embracing sun. And they both shared Yeo Jin Goo in two projects each. Both fandoms want their actress to reunite with Yeo Jin Goo, so whoever gets to reunite with him first, the other side will most likely have a hissy fit. And them both having the same last name doesn’t  help either. 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, Breeze said:

This is one of the “few” gifts for sohyun fans during sohyun downtime/career slump. Her ig keeps growing at a rapid pace, I’m really surprised. I’m so happy but surprised :) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I honestly think they’re going to be compared to each other for probably the rest of their lives. I don’t think it was ever sidus that lead the charge to the comparisons but certain fans that were being salty and bitter and couldn’t help but find scapegoats when they found something lacking in their respective actress career. And way back it was convenient because they were part of the same agency and is of the same age. And it is still convenient now: Sharing similar career history will follow them forever, they can’t erase the fact that they were both child actresses of the same age that gained a surge of fame after starring in super hit moon embracing sun. And they both shared Yeo Jin Goo in two projects each. Both fandoms want their actress to reunite with Yeo Jin Goo, so whoever gets to reunite with him first, the other side will most likely have a hissy fit. And them both having the same last name doesn’t  help either. 

This is one of the “few” gifts for sohyun fans during sohyun downtime/career slump. Her ig keeps growing at a rapid pace, I’m really surprised. I’m so happy but surprised :) 

They remind me of the two top superstar rivals in my country. After decades have past, people still compare them in terms of acting, achievements. It feels like their rivalry and comparison will never end. Nevertheless, they are good friends in real life. They are god mothers to each of their children. 

Hope So Hyun and Yoo Jung still remain good friends after all these years. I really hate these toxic fans who keep comparing them in different sites. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

Hope So Hyun and Yoo Jung still remain good friends after all these years. I really hate these toxic fans who keep comparing them in different sites.

The same. I was pleasantly surprise to know that they are still friends after sohyun revealed last year she had dinner with both yoo Jung and sae Ron. If she didn’t reveal that information, I wouldn’t know what to believe. It would be nice if photos could come out from their hangouts to help discourage fan wars. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elan1 said:

The same. I was pleasantly surprise to know that they are still friends after sohyun revealed last year she had dinner with both yoo Jung and sae Ron. If she didn’t reveal that information, I wouldn’t know what to believe. It would be nice if photos could come out from their hangouts to help discourage fan wars. 

Really? Or is it just publicity stunt to mediate competition among them. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 7:43 AM, elan1 said:

I can’t locate the article but I vividly remember it was in fall of 2019. 

I don't think it's a publicity stunt. They have always been friends maybe not too close but keep in touch. They support each other. I even heard yoojung sent food truck to take of nokdu. It's the fans that started the comparison not sidus. Sidus only compared them to hyekyo and ye jin

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aledare Omotola said:

I don't think it's a publicity stunt. They have always been friends maybe not too close but keep in touch. They support each other. I even heard yoojung sent food truck to take of nokdu. It's the fans that started the comparison not sidus. Sidus only compared them to hyekyo and ye jin

It is true that fans started the comparison but Sidus did not do anything to it but instead, capitalize on it. Among all their peers, it is only So Hyun and Yoo Jung who get leading roles in dramas and snatch big name CF deals. Sidus did not consider the personal damage brought by these comparison and now, it is very impossible to stop it because fans are very into it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erick Miranda said:

It is true that fans started the comparison but Sidus did not do anything to it but instead, capitalize on it. Among all their peers, it is only So Hyun and Yoo Jung who get leading roles in dramas and snatch big name CF deals. Sidus did not consider the personal damage brought by these comparison and now, it is very impossible to stop it because fans are very into it. 

You made solid points but I wonder how can sidus even prevent such comparisons in the past, how could they realistically deal with it? If I was sidus, I wouldn’t know how to deal with it either haha Would releasing a press report saying please don’t compare them even work? Haha most fans who compare won’t be deterred with that. 

both girls consistently come out on their interviews in the past about not seeing each other as rivals but as supporters and dear friends. But it doesn’t stop comparisons from the fans. It’s a burden both girls will have to carry perpetually :tears:

8 minutes ago, elan1 said:

You made solid points but I wonder how can sidus even prevent such comparisons in the past, how could they realistically deal with it? If I was sidus, I wouldn’t know how to deal with it either haha Would releasing a press report saying please don’t compare them even work? Haha most fans who compare won’t be deterred with that. 

both girls consistently come out on their interviews in the past about not seeing each other as rivals but as supporters and dear friends. But it doesn’t stop comparisons from the fans. It’s a burden both girls will have to carry perpetually :tears:

The comparison brought so much money to Sidus because most of leading lady projects flow to these two competing girls who came from same agency. Sidus made it to a point that the two most sought after leading ladies of this generation will come from them. They built a wall against other agencies. 

20 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

The comparison brought so much money to Sidus because most of leading lady projects flow to these two competing girls who came from same agency. Sidus made it to a point that the two most sought after leading ladies of this generation will come from them. They built a wall against other agencies. 

I’m not sure if comparisons was what brought them so much money but rather it’s the output from both girls. They’re both talented and many people wanted to work with them  and sidus was fortunate to have both girls and incidentally a windfall fell in their lap. Sidus was just lucky to benefit from them as cash cows. But yes sidus was able to promote the potential of both girls well, how fans dealt with that is all on the fans. 

6 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

Ramdom question: Is Kim So Hyun a KBS' exclusive actress? I just observed that most of her dramas as leading lady were televised in KBS like TTON, Radio Romance, Page Turner and School 2015. 

Or she is just a fave of the network? 

No they don’t really do that. I think it’s mere coincidence but there’s a possibility she’s a fave but who knows lol