Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Hello Sunnies and thanks for all your posts.

kgr143!! So good to see you. I hope you take good care of yourself while taking care of your love one. 

Fans are people too so we also need to hear some good news about our star. But I salute all of you for still supporting and believing her even through the tough time. Still Fighting and Cheers to you all.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110187445

Osen's reporter Han JaeHa reported on Goo's twit.  And thank God to this reporter for not forgetting to promote Breath2; another reporter who also wrote about her twit forgot!!  People posted responses to her twit: 사진을 접한 팬들은 "아름다워요", "변함이 없네요", "귀여워요" 등의 반응을 보였다.--"You are lovely; You did not change; Cute, etc."

http://blog.naver.com/bluecalamus/220403598994

Another blogger talks about GHS's Breath 2 album. She writes that she used to also compose before she turned 20,,but she has not since then. But after listening ot Goo's music, she wishes she could make music like that and made her think about her youth. Now she seems like a really busy mom and Goo's music comforts her. (I know that is part of GHS's reason for composing...healing.

Sorry...somehow, this one does not post the link but the content from the twitter. There must have been a poll..which Korean actress embody "love"? (I am not sure what it means..) GHS is ranked 4th. Do you see her name? This is still a good sign...I am not sure when the poll was taken.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&no=136251&page=1

And credit to our dear DC-GHS fans for the news.

On July 2, Thursday, at 3pm at M-Square, Korean Leukemia Association is holding a meeting. Their logo is TOGETHER: Let Us Become Each Other's Crutch to Save Life. They are celebrating 13th birthday and for the ceremony of appointing their Promotion Ambassador who will be Goo HyeSun. They are inviting people to attend. There will be stories and a concert as well. It is also a meeting to thank many people who have helped the association to be a model association in the health and medical field. 

(GHS is very loyal and consistent...once she is attached, she does not let go..how long has she been involved in the health and welfare of children with illnesses? Good for her!!)

Edited by cheerkoo
  • Like 21

Guest S_sun

@cheerkoo thanks for the goodies.  Always nice to see our girl news in the korean sites.

I think it is not a poll but an article by the Dramafever writer. Lots of fans who like our girl there.

Here's the link. http://www.dramafever.com/news/-lovely-south-korean-actresses-that-embody-the-word-love/

Happy to read another blogger who likes Breath 2. I find her music healing too even though some tracks are sad . Breath was also too. Could you please  tweet the article to GHS @cheerkoo ? Thanks. :)

A wave to @kgrl43 , nice to see you back posting. :)

Thanks to all Sunnies for sharing your thoughts!  :)

@Cheerkoo thanks for updating us always, enlighten us with the english translation.

Here I hope another good writing, but wonder why no remarks this time? Are they out of ideas lol?

OSEN

구혜선, 추억의 과거 사진 공개 ···'베이비 페이스'

201506270914773990_558dee87061a1_99_2015

[OSEN=한재화 인턴기자] 배우 구혜선이 앳된 모습의 과거 사진을 공개했다.

구혜선은 26일 자신의 트위터에 "십이 년 전 사진이라는데 애기애기하네요"라는 글과 함께 추억의 사진을 게재했다. 십여 년 전 사진이지만 현재의 귀엽고 청순한 모습과 차이가 없어 시선을 끈다. 특히 옅은 색깔의 눈동자가 신비로움을 자아낸다.

사진을 접한 팬들은 "아름다워요", "변함이 없네요", "귀여워요" 등의 반응을 보였다.

한편 구혜선은 지난 12일 뉴에이지 앨범 '숨2-십년이 백년이 지난 후에'의 음원을 공개했다.

bagore@osen.co.kr

<사진> 구혜선 트위터

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003099856&lfrom=twitter

EDIT~ Opps sorry @cheerkoo already posted &  translated as per her above post :)

Edited by sukreen
  • Like 15

Guest dalins_stv

Nice of Koo Hye Sun for being kind hearted and supportive for those sick childrens of S. Korea, she is one actress doing good deeds without announcing it publicly... salute you Hyesun unnie.  We Love you!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Hello Sunnies, thank you everyone for the updates and forum.

I cant wait to see our princess on July 2, Thanks @Cheerkoo for the info.

FanArt

credit Johanna Rosado

Why ??
What will happen on July 2 ????????????????? 
:mellow:

Here info for July 2.

@cheerkoo sorry to cut your post

http://gall.dcinside.com/boar ad/view/?id=guhyesun&no=136251&page=1

And credit to our dear DC-GHS fans for the news.

On July 2, Thursday, at 3pm at M-Square, Korean Leukemia Association is holding a meeting. Their logo is TOGETHER: Let Us Become Each Other's Crutch to Save Life. They are celebrating 13th birthday and for the ceremony of appointing their Promotion Ambassador who will be Goo HyeSun. They are inviting people to attend. There will be stories and a concert as well. It is also a meeting to thank many people who have helped the association to be a model association in the health and medical field. 

• Like 14

Hi Sunnies,

Thanks everyone for posting with flash back pics, updates & sharing your thoughts <3 <3    Had been listening a lot to Hye Sun’s Breath2 (at least once a day while jogging – love it!) and just this morning was able to get PT from iTune & watched the beginning part.  Just want to share a few thoughts –

1)    Wow, wow, wow- it’s so wonderful to now had listened to PT OST songs & knowing them well then to go back to the movie and see how the music are played in the scenes.  The effects are then much richer for me!  Not sure what enjoying Art really mean but for me, being to delve in -seeing & feeling things- connecting different aspects of it, e.g. PT movie - the story, the music, and the visuals – is pretty awesome.  Also, knowing the background, the artist (GHS) well made the experience more personal!  I’m not much of an artsy kind of person – more of a logical/analytical type- but to have me enjoying & thinking about ART like this is a very cool thing, right?  GHS- you are very much succeeding in what you’re doing- having arts touch everyday people- Praise the Lord !!!  Keep on Creating Hye Sun-ssii  ;)

2)    I read/heard long ago (maybe from my Music Appreciation class from long ago College days) that one has to listen to a piece (hopefully a good piece- haha) 100 times to really understand & appreciate all its glories.   Now, I understand that statement a little more after getting to experience HS’s music & arts.  These days, we are bombarded with so many information & stimulation- really it’s an overload!  I’m really slow but maybe, it’s a blessing to take in just a few things and absorbing them at a deeper level.  Really enjoy the journey in understanding & appreciating GHS creative works.  It's can be such a rich experience for those who are patient & being open to her works.  Watching PT again (prob. for the 5th time), I am now appreciating it much more than the first few times.   Sunnies, continue to let HS know how we are loving her work- twitter & writing her.   I think she would be most encouraged when hearing how audience/fans appreciate her artistic works.

3)    Sorry @S_sun sis for being so late with sharing thoughts on first two tracks- I’ll try better for this week - keke!   It’s not an easy task to explain my thinking - hope most can understand what I mean (below).

Track 1 - Sweetheart – the lovely, gentle & slower melody gives me a comfortable, at ease feeling like how one feels happy & at ease with one’ longtime sweetheart.   The singing part (nah, nah...) and the violin at the end add a real nice touch too!   Also, would like to think that this song, played when the twin’s father heads to town (in the movie) means that he has the music (his “sweetheart”/wife) with him as he venture out to the unfamiliar world.

Track 2 - April  singing version-  GHS’s explanation from the last interview, along with the comments from @Cheerkoo & S_sun sis helped a lot in understanding the meaning of the piece, which really is an awesome thing for me.   I like GHS’s “raw” rendition of the song- what I mean is it’s not polished(?)/worked on(?) in the studio.  Perhaps, a) because it’s about nature – so she kept it natural  or c) to be more in line with the only other two songs (PT & Frg of memories) that were sung in the same approach by young children.

Ok – Sunnies – see how I try & maybe not being that successful – but it’s ok to try.  The important thing is to share, right?   Hope more Sunnies will write to share their impressions of HS’ music in the coming weeks.  

Have a wonderful week ahead - Sunnies

Edited by geumtrangdi
  • Like 11

Guest dalins_stv

@Geumtrangdi thank you very for sharing your thoughts about GHS music...  I hope I can have a copy of this music album 'Breathe 2'.... Love you Hyesun.♥

Sunnies!! Love all of your posts!!! I hope GHS knows about us.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&no=136254&page=1

Our DC-GHS neighbors are also walking down the memory lane with our Koo.

Koo's old CF~She looks lovely with bob cut!! Love her in that dress with orange sneakers!!

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&no=136255&page=1

Another CF from while back...she also looks nice in that short cut!!

Edited by cheerkoo
  • Like 11

One of many funny moments from BLOOD--thanks to @snowsummer and credit to DC-GHS:http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&no=135287&page=22

Jealous Rita...she does not even know that she is jealous. JS cared enough to make sure she is smiling before going home. But she does not notice that. She just thinks JS is stupid for falling for that intern and also only notices that JS knew one of her 100 questions: whether vampire turn to bats. He just called her childish for even thinking of such a question, but she still did not get that either. If she got that, it would be just like Rita to get mad at him. But at that moment, she already cared and was in awe of JS, but she did not know that etiher. keke Rita has no "noon chi"---Koreans admire those with noon chi--being able to see and understand between the lines or the unspoken even before it is clearly stated. That is why JS told Rita to "become mature and grow up" before he was going to leave Taemin. If Rita had noon-chi from the beginning,,when she grew up rich without knowing how to think about others' unspoken needs, she would not be Rita. I guess she was sympathetic to patients because she is owner of the hospital and because illness is more obviously detected. Miss Rita very much. A lovable rich girl.  keke. 

Edited by cheerkoo
  • Like 14

Sunnies!! Love all of your posts!!! I hope GHS knows about us.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&no=136254&page=1

Our DC-GHS neighbors are also walking down the memory lane with our Koo.

Koo's old CF~She looks lovely with bob cut!! Love her in that dress with orange sneakers!!

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&no=136255&page=1

Another CF from while back...she also looks nice in that short cut!!

Cool, thanks for the links to the cfs, cheerkoo! GHS is a natural at making those commercials as she has so many facets to her personality. The obvious ones being when she acting sultry, sassy, or cute. :sweatingbullets: :phew: :wub: I hope that she will start getting more opportunites for cfs in the future. I can't imagine any company not wanting use her immense charms and charisma to help sell their products. :)

• Like 12

Guest S_sun

@geumtrangdi thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 2 tracks. Interesting that you think the way GHS sang it is in the same approach as the songs by the 2 young children because I did wonder why she sang it that way, like telling a story from a young girl prospective. lol!

@cheerkoo thanks for the flashbacks from DC.I miss her bob hair cut! Maybe because she was a lot more active with those adorable cfs then! The phone cfs were fun to watch! Love all her cfs! The only one I did not like was the Toyota cf where she was wearing a uniform and seemed like a sales girl! LOL!

@robbo4 agree with you. GHS is so expressive. Why we don't see any cf from her is baffling!

That clip from Blood was hilarious. I love her portrayal of YRT! No trace of her previous characters at all! That is what I call total immersed in her character. It was subtle but the slight tilt of her head which showed YRT's  pride was commendable. Even with some well-known actresses, one can still see remnants of their previous character or maybe they chose similar characters. 

Edited by S_sun

Guest S_sun

Sunnies, let's continue our discussions on #Breath2 album, track 3 and 4.

03. 십년이 백년이 지난 후에
04. 복숭아 나무

Translation:

03. After 10 year 100 years

04. Peach tree

Translation from @cheerkoo from previous page.

Peach Tree--lyrics by GHS--sung by the child actor from Peach Tree

You are my small peach tree.

I love you forever.

I love us forever.

Where is my resting place.

Don't cry.

My love is here

(where) Bright moon hugs the top of my head

My little peach tree.

(I believe it is suppose to be a lullaby from the mother who could not bear to get close to her children)

After 10 years, 100 years. ..what beautiful sad music. It evokes so much emotions. At the start the music is sad and lonely, then it quicken as if the years gone by quick, then the string music brings out the longing feeling, back to the sad and painful.....It fit the sad story of the twins' mom so well . When GHS changed it to the sad love story of the girl asking her lover to come back  no matter how long time has passed , it really pulled at the heartstrings. I must say this track is the deepest and most heart wrenching....

Sign of a great music piece is being able to evoke such emotions from the listeners! Love it! Ofc we have the mv and explanation from GHS to help us understand the piece.

.I also wonder if she is also advocating for people with mental health issues which affect memory loss...so sad...

Peach Tree.  Sweet song and lyrics by a child who wishes for that kind of lullaby from his mom.

What are your impressions Sunnies? Let's keep supporting #Breath2 and let GHS know how much we love it! :wub:

Edited by S_sun

Peach Tree as sung by Jo SeungWoo--lyrics---full lyrics sung by adult twin.

Suppose to love forever.

Love us forever.

Where is the flower I will give you. Don't cry.

My love is here

Shining moon hugs the top of the head.

My small peach.

Would you know what is in my small heart?

I love you. Can I touch you?

Would you know this small body of mine?

I am sorry. Can I touch you?

Where is the flower I will give you? Don't cry.

My love is here

Shining moon points to the top of the head.

My little peach.

(Full version of the Peach Tree lyrics as sung by Jo SeungWoo is really good. You can feel the intense longing for the mother's touch and love and acknowledgement by the child even as adult. How GHS thought to put it all in a lullaby---but we know that even the old traditional western lullaby lyrics is somewhat scary... Regarding Peach Tree lyrics, I must confess, I still am not sure if the lyric is "where is my flower" or "where is my resting place"---cannot distinguish it. If the mother's lullaby says "where is my resting place" and she also says "that is where my love is"---gives me the shivers that her love is dead or that it is only possible after her death...GHS really has many songs about unrequited love or love that was not possible, etc. Interesting...)

So far, I really love the lyrics to Cotton Candy and also love her short film, Fragments of Memories.----The movie seems to be saying that one great positive memory of forgiveness and kindness make a big difference in one's life. ...That we are like a conductor of our lives, but not all is under our control because  full acknowledgement and understanding which make significant difference in our lives  come from another person(s). At least that is how I saw it and I think I agree. 

Cotton Candy--lyrics by GHS (ost from 3D Fragments of Memory film)

The time that we met

All the days that we have lived 

Through the seasons, memories sweet, sweet

They melt in front of my eyes.

This moment that we met

I always remember

All the days that we loved

Your name  sweet, sweet

It melts in my heart

tearfully, silently, hazily

to the loveliness sweet sweet

You are my unending love

my unending memory

You clarify my life

You fill my life.

Edited by cheerkoo
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=737644

I have a feeling a new interview article is coming. I hope so.  I just saw above news just with Goo's pix. 

[TV리포트 = 조성진기자] 배우 겸 감독 구혜선이 TV리포트와의 인터뷰에서 포즈를 취하고 있다. (posted on June 30th)

구혜선은 최근 타이틀 곡 '십년이 백년이 지난 후에'를 비롯해 영화 '복숭아 나무', '기억의 조각들'의 OST를 함께 수록한 뉴에이지 앨범 '숨2'를 발표했다.

This time the reporter is Jo SungJin of TVReport. He says that GHS is posing at the interview with TV Report. GHS recently released Breath 2, a New Age album which contains OST's from her movies Peach Tree and Fragments of Memory.

I hope that the reporter is good and had a good interview. But GHS's pose is not smiling and the reporter was not very clear that Breath2  album also contain new compositions?? Cannot be sure.. Well, let us wait and see. Looking forward to it!!

Edited by cheerkoo
  • Like 17